Growing Galaxies: The Trials of Obi-Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nactous
All am happy to announce an expantion let alone a returning character. big grin

Nactous
Growing Galaxies: The Trials of Obi-Wan set for Nov. 1st
August 19, 2005

Star Wars fans may have already circled November 1st on their calendars anticipating the release of the Episode III DVD and Star Wars Battlefront II, but there's now even more reason to be excited.
Star Wars Galaxies continues to grow with a new expansion on November 1st: Star Wars Galaxies: The Trials of Obi-Wan. It adds Mustafar content inspired by Revenge of the Sith to the multiplayer online roleplaying game.

In Trials of Obi-Wan, players will better understand the meaning of Obi-Wan Kenobi's final words ("Strike me down and I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine..."wink as they embark upon missions delivered directly from the spirit of the revered Jedi Master himself. From the very shores of molten lava where he defeated Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan guides players on quests that span the planet Mustafar -- some of which might even convert devotees of the dark side over to a more virtuous path. This expansion features many new high-level quest rewards, including the ability to find a fiery red crystal found only on the volcanic planet that creates a lava-like lightsaber for the lucky owner. Players who fulfill all of Obi-Wan's directives will also receive a rich reward.

Mustafar colonists present many exciting trials of their own, too, as Trials of Obi-Wan includes more than 50 new quests for the galaxy's bravest adventurers, from rescue missions to the exploration of a crashed Republic cruiser. Many quests also revolve around a prominent figure from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic who returns 4,000 years after his prime with one simple mission in mind: Eliminate all meatbags.

"With Trials of Obi-Wan being an expansion set for release via digital download the same day as the Episode III DVD, we can't think of a better planet to add to Star Wars Galaxies than Mustafar," said Julio Torres, Producer at LucasArts. "Meanwhile, including the spirit of Obi-Wan nicely bridges the prequel era and the more classic-oriented time period depicted in the game. We're really excited about continuing mythology established by other LucasArts games, as well."

The Star Wars Galaxies community continues to grow, and this new expansion is the perfect time to join the growing saga playing out online. LucasArts and Sony Online Entertainment also revealed that more than 1 million units of the Star Wars Galaxies franchise have now been sold, a testament to its ongoing popularity. In recent months, interest and subscriptions have grown, fueled by recent game additions, as well as the connection of the game content to Revenge of the Sith.

For more information on Trials of Obi-Wan and the entire Star Wars Galaxies experience, please visit the official site here.

Nactous
I have dedicated myself to making KotOR more than a game, i want an era, to show the critics that the galaxy far, far away.... is more than just the time set of the movies. A cross-over of series and franchise. To put HK-47 in with the time of Obi-Wan and Luke. It is a good day. HK LIVES!

Darth_Glentract
It would be cool if they made a KOTOR MMORPG and continued to make regular KOTOR games. We're talking a buttload of money.

Rayvann Sadow
Ever wonder if game desiners come to these forums?

Captain REX
Originally posted by Nactous
I have dedicated myself to making KotOR more than a game, i want an era, to show the critics that the galaxy far, far away.... is more than just the time set of the movies. A cross-over of series and franchise. To put HK-47 in with the time of Obi-Wan and Luke. It is a good day. HK LIVES!

What does 'The Trials of Obi-Wan' have to do with KOTOR? It's an expansion for Galaxies, not KOTOR. Sheesh.

Originally posted by Rayvann Sadow

Doubt it, but if they do, they don't take requests.

CobbleR
Sounds like a good improvement. I'm looking forward to this. Although them not being able to really make the mountains and rock formations of Tatooine(as seen in TPM) makes me wonder how much like Mustafar they can actually make it.

Captain REX
It looks very...um...not Mustafarish. wink

Nactous
Originally posted by Captain REX
What does 'The Trials of Obi-Wan' have to do with KOTOR? It's an expansion for Galaxies, not KOTOR. Sheesh.

Doubt it, but if they do, they don't take requests.

The fact Hk will be in it is what it has in common Rex.

Nactous
Happy days, HAPPY DAYS!

Darth Koroni
NOO!! How dare they put HK-47 in SW Galaxies, they shall feel my fists of wrath!

Darth_Janus
WTF is this now? HK In Galaxies? Why not just add tribbles next?

Darth Koroni
Another example of Lucasarts being a below-average video game publisher. *Cough*CorporateStrippers*Cough*

Ushgarak
This sounds... err... entirely silly.

The ghost of Obi-Wan comes to advise people in SW world. Yeah, of COURSE he does... can't they do better than this?

Darth_Janus
It was either that or The Adventures of Whicket expansion pack: Fun on the Far Side of Endor. Lucasarts isn't excatly making any masterpieces.

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by Abyssal Lord
I hope not.

Ushgarak
KOTOR 'Zombie' monster is tilting heavily towards 'lame' also.

I mean, I realise it's just a computer game... but even so.

Abyssal Lord
HK in Galaxies? What crap is this?

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Ushgarak
KOTOR 'Zombie' monster is tilting heavily towards 'lame' also.

I mean, I realise it's just a computer game... but even so.

Zombie monster?

Ushgarak
A thematic reference to a KOTOR character returning.

The only thing I could think of that would be worse than that would be if some hack had a cloned Emperor return in the post ROTJ books.

(waa-waa-waa-waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...)

Fishy
I'm really happy I stopped playing Galaxies now... HK returning what kind of bullshit is that?

Nactous
What??

Nactous
Thats crazy Fishy!!!

Nactous
What HK was the bomb, there crossing over series, any body who has a problem with that has issues, maybe Malak might be in a new expansion. big grin

Nactous
I dont know what the hell your all talking about. This is why I am getting Galaxies.

Captain REX
Yeah, um, Nactous? No. No one is happy that they've put HK in the game. Just a cheap way for Lucasarts to make more money.

Gryn Jabar
Fishy's right, this is BS. How big is this bloody universe? Every video takes place over the same 10 planets, the characters are pretty much the same. All things considered SW games are teh suck. Even in KOTOR 2, there wasn't nearly as much of the "small galaxy" syndrome as you'd expect, DESPITE being a direct sequel. For a game set 3000 years AFTER kotor to feature a droid from that period is absolute BS.

Nactous
Not so. I love the idea, you people have issues.

Fishy
Why... think about it.

HK is an assasin droid created by Revan who knows things that nobody should know.

If that droid is four thousand years old it should know how to kill well pretty much anything, its going to be one smooth running droid. Its going to be smarter then anything else, it will know a shit load of things. And nobody will be better with a blaster then HK is. Nobody will know better how mines and computers work then HK does. And thats just the practical thing.

Now just think, how could he have survived thousands of years? God knows how many wars, he would have been a top target after Revan died. Seriously G0-T0 placed him very high before HK was even well known. That couldn't have stayed like that for long, especially if Revan was LS. People would have wanted to find and take HK to find the secrets the power, HK would have knowledge that nobody else could even think off. He'd be smarter then Yoda. And with how he works, he would have been found already. Seriously, HK being in that game is just stupid.

Darth Koroni
Yes, and that preview describes a HK-50, not 47. The difference between the two is that the Fifties are 'wanton slaughter' Droids, not Assasins, and theydo not have to be given an order to attack someone.

These are the true reasons HK-47 hated the HK-50s, they had lost sight of their purpose.

Ushgarak
Not so. I love the idea, you people have issues.

Certainly do.

I have serious issues with cheap, corny, obvious, juvenile, ill-thought out rubbish like this.

Nactous
Shame Ushgarak, knew you had issues, dont you people understand. There trying to tie all the Star Wars Tales together. Its possible for hk to still be kicking, hes a droid.

Fishy
Its bullshit. SW is supposed to be huge, not a small galaxy. And HK would be so incredibly important, its impossible.

Ushgarak
Yes, I understand- it's lazy rubbish. You have apparently lost all ability to discern, Nactous.

Boris
Yes, it does suck, just like most of the crap they've been coming out with since the CU, glad I cancelled, the game is going down the drain.

Tangible God
What HK was the bomb, there crossing over series, any body who has a problem with that has issues, maybe Malak might be in a new expansion. big grin Malak only lost jaw in the first place becasue he was chewing on a Wookie's ass when suddenly the Wookie farted so forcefully it blew his mouth apart.

I know that has absolutely nothing to do with what you said.

Nactous
By god if someone's spirit can come back than a droid can come back, I think series cross over is a great way to bring the Galaxy together. To put a KotOR character in the same category as Obi-Wan is great. And anyone who disagrees is not a true KotOR fan.

Darth Faunus
Anyone who disagrees doesn't think like you. There's a difference.

Nactous
Oh, I see how it is. I thought you all would be happy to see more KotOR, I guess I was wrong.

Fishy
Yeah you are, I absolutely love Kotor, both games actually. More so then a lot of other people here. And thats exactly the reason why I hate HK being in that game.

Darth Faunus
Doesn't really bother me; I stopped playing Galaxies months ago. . .

Fishy
I did too, but its still bullshit.

Darth JLRTENJAC
A thematic reference to a KOTOR character returning.

The only thing I could think of that would be worse than that would be if some hack had a cloned Emperor return in the post ROTJ books.

(waa-waa-waa-waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...)

YOU! I hate you!

Darth JLRTENJAC
Yeah, um, Nactous? No. No one is happy that they've put HK in the game. Just a cheap way for Lucasarts to make more money.

I'm Happy about it... BTW how can they make $$ if the Expansion is FREE.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Darth JLRTENJAC
YOU! I hate you!

I don't care. But don't make pointless posts; you'll get an official warning next time.

Darth JLRTENJAC
You Have closed more threads than ANYONE else I have seen!

Gryn Jabar
Don't piss off the mods. And anyway, you have
A) Buy the game.
B) Have to pay for the subscription.
Yeah, I think they're getting a fair bit of money.

Darth JLRTENJAC
I'm talking to Nac on the phone and he said "Galaxys is beter than that World of warcraft crap".... I'm not so shure I agree with him, I haven't played either.

Gryn Jabar
I've played both and can safely say that WoW is better.

Darth JLRTENJAC
Nac says that WoW is over rated.... Once again I probably won't agree.

Captain REX
I don't really care what Nac says. I haven't for the past couple of months.

Tying the Star Wars Universe together makes everything feel too small for a galaxy that has millions of star systems.

Darth JLRTENJAC
You afraid about the Canoness it can cause with Hk and obi-wan together?

Gryn Jabar
Sorry could you rephrase that?

Darth JLRTENJAC
Canon... Are you afraid this could make EU more canon?!

Gryn Jabar
No, why would I be?

Gryn Jabar
Anyway, no word yet on whether or not SWG is considered canon.

Darth JLRTENJAC
I'm not talking to you any ways... I was talking to Capin Rex...

BTW: Nac said to go moderate your own forum Rex.

Captain REX
Tell him I said he can kiss KMC goodbye if he makes any smartass remarks to me again.

And no, SWG is not at all canon nor will it ever be, like Gryn just said. It's just a corny way for Lucasarts to make money.

Darth Koroni
By god if someone's spirit can come back than a droid can come back, I think series cross over is a great way to bring the Galaxy together. To put a KotOR character in the same category as Obi-Wan is great. And anyone who disagrees is not a true KotOR fan.

There is a diffenrence between a ghost that has only been in it's undead existence for a few years, and a four-thousand year old assasin droid is not the same thing! Only the Force can kill one's soul, but with a well placed vibroblade or blasterbolt, HK is toast, force or no-force.

"Mockery: I think this is cool, and because I say so reality shifts around it, and anyone who disagrees with me can burn in hell!" Force, you sound like a christian zealot.

Darth243
If a computer several thousand years old can work in the kotor games then i guess the idea of HK being "alive" and kickin' at 4000 years old could be probable.
Still yet, the idea is BS

Tangible God
I'm not talking to you any ways... I was talking to Capin Rex...

BTW: Nac said to go moderate your own forum Rex. God, you love giving people the cold shoulder don't you?

Ushgarak
Ok Darth JLRTENJAC, that IS now an official warning. Confine your posts to relevant on-topic comments or you will be looking at a ban.

Nactous
Enough Ushgarak, he's doing nothing wrong. You people say that you want more kotor but when you finally get it your not happy.

Nactous
Besides I told him to say it Ushgarak, so I take the warning.

Ushgarak
I will decide what is and is not wrong, thankyou. I told him to stop making waste of time posts and he immediately made another. And you will be likewise warned if you keep making them.

Bans do go out for this kind of behaviour, so cut it out. That's my last word on the subject- on-topic from now on.

Nactous
Good, I am glad thats your last word on the topic. No one is invincible on KMC, not even Mods. Now, lets get back on topic.

Darth Faunus
You'll never learn. . . and apparently, the verdict is in. You're the only one here who finds this such an incredible fact.

WindDancer
Good, I am glad thats your last word on the topic. No one is invincible on KMC, not even Mods. Now, lets get back on topic.

The rest of the members can get back on topic. YOU will take a 3 day ban. End of story.

Darth Faunus
*cough*Owned!*cough*

Captain REX
No one is invincible on KMC, not even Mods.

Okay then, Nac, whatever that means, see you in three days, or maybe longer since that's already been given to you before...

Anyways, I think this can be closed. No one really cares that HK is in The Trials of Obi-Wan.

Darth Faunus
Mhm.

Fishy
Actually a shit load of people care, there just aren't any that think its a good thing.

Captain REX
That's what I meant. *shrug*

Darth JLRTENJAC
Tell him I said he can kiss KMC goodbye if he makes any smartass remarks to me again.

And no, SWG is not at all canon nor will it ever be, like Gryn just said. It's just a corny way for Lucasarts to make money.

Oh crap I just realised... It isn't... I mean you can kill Vader in it... shit you got me.

Darth JLRTENJAC
I will decide what is and is not wrong, thankyou. I told him to stop making waste of time posts and he immediately made another. And you will be likewise warned if you keep making them.

Ok... Fine.

Darth JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by WindDancer
The rest of the members can get back on topic. YOU will take a 3 day ban. End of story.

WHAT THE HELL! Why the hell did you ban him! HE DID NOTHING WRONG! (BTW... I will always stand up for my friend.)

Captain REX
Obviously, he was back-talking a moderator. Go figure. He has that stupid habit of his. He attacked me (again) and backsassed Ush. What did you think would happen, he'd get a bouquet of roses from Raz?

Darth Faunus
WHAT THE HELL! Why the hell did you ban him! HE DID NOTHING WRONG! (BTW... I will always stand up for my friend.)

Cut it out, you're not solving anything. Just being annoying. . .

Darth JLRTENJAC
Obviously, he was back-talking a moderator. Go figure. He has that stupid habit of his. He attacked me (again) and backsassed Ush. What did you think would happen, he'd get a bouquet of roses from Raz?

Yes... big grin I still don't think he did anything wrong.

Darth JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Cut it out, you're not solving anything. Just being annoying. . .

No, I'm standing up for my friends.

Darth Faunus
Oooh, I wannna be your friend so I could have someone so honorable stick up for me!!!!!

Darth JLRTENJAC
Humph, Of course you do...

Darth JLRTENJAC

Anyways, I don't call this backsassing, It is a very true statement.

Darth Faunus
He shuts them down because they suck. . .

Darth JLRTENJAC
Nac doesn't suck. mmmm mocha.

Darth JLRTENJAC
Well, I'm done... I have homework and shouldn't really be on right now but I heard what was going on and well, Nac doesn't even know he's banned yet... atleast I don't think he does, and I must tell him thanks for standing up th me and I still think he didn't do anything wrong... Oh and by the way I tryed to tell nac to lay off you Rex, I have nothing against you or any Mod exept Ushgarak.

Ushgarak
You can stand up for your friends in private, NOT on the boards. Keep taking this off-topic and you will go the same way, JLR.

Any more relevant comments to make?

Darth JLRTENJAC
Nope, like I said I'm done. and BTW it's JAC.

Tangible God
Anyways, I don't call this backsassing, It is a very true statement. True as it may be it's still talking shit to the "authorities," and despite both sticking up for your friend and being annoying, none of us care how honorable you are in life but we do care if you're annoying the f*ck out of everyone.

Just like Mariah Carey..............................f*cking kangaroo.

Captain REX
Ush most likely doesn't care what he should call you, Jac. no expression

But I agree, this won't get anywhere. If you know Nactous is real life, be content with that, you don't need to be partners in crime on here.

We should probably just close this unless there is anything else interesting to add.

Sorgo
Is this expansion a joke or does it really exist? Because if it exists, i am putting a knife to my wrists.

overlord
Yes, it exists..
Out of all the cool planets they could have picked they picked some lava planet with giant ball like spiders.

Gryn Jabar
The whole idea is that you can "walk where Anakin melted" big grin.

overlord
laughing That is a beautiful way to look at it!

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by Sorgo
Is this expansion a joke or does it really exist? Because if it exists, i am putting a knife to my wrists.

Though you already took one to your stomach. . . wink

Darth_Janus
lol

Rand al'Thor
*sigh*

Some people are idiots...you just don't argue with a mod that is plain stupid. I mean I have teachers at school that I hate, but I don't argue with them you gotta learn to respect those people that have been put above you.

CobbleR
Originally posted by Rand al'Thor
*sigh*

Some people are idiots...you just don't argue with a mod that is plain stupid. I mean I have teachers at school that I hate, but I don't argue with them you gotta learn to respect those people that have been put above you.
I feel that's stupid. You should respect every one.

Captain REX
Whether you go with Rand's view or Cobbler's view, Nactous doesn't really seem to give a rat's ass about respect, that's why he's not here. *shrug*

Tangible God
Originally posted by CobbleR
I feel that's stupid. You should respect every one. What if they don't deserve respect.

Captain REX
Then their name might be Hitler or Stalin or Mao or Pol Pot. wink

Tangible God
Or Saddam or Usama, or Paris Hilton.

Captain REX
Yup.

Dark Exile
Well, Respect must be earned in my opinion.

Ushgarak
Topic dead as a doornail; closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.