Is racism accepted in our modern day society?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§P0oONY
I say no!

But some annoying guy is saying otherwise...

Sounds like a good a time as any to make a poll.

Movie_Geek_
No! for the same reasons I said before!

Sir Mist
Nope

EsteemedLeader
there, i voted yes. you can be racist in this day and age and people wont do a damn thing about it. thats why there are racists, because you can be racist!

Movie_Geek_
Being a racists and racism being accepted are different things!

BackFire
It depends on what you mean by "accepted".

If you mean that people think nothing of it, and see it as just a point of view, then no, it is not accepted. Most people will think that racism is bad, and shouldn't exist and are offended when they hear something that is racist.

However, if you mean because it's an opinion or belief and by law there isn't anything anyone can do about a belief or opinion unless it's bringing physical harm to someone, then it is accepted, by it's forced acceptance.

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Movie_Geek_
Being a racists and racism being accepted are different things!

no, you can state you are a racist. that you hate ethnically diverse people. and you are allowed to do it. can you argue that fact?

AdventChild
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
there, i voted yes. you can be racist in this day and age and people wont do a damn thing about it. thats why there are racists, because you can be racist!

i don't like you... I think you should know that...but i respect your opinion because you bring a valid point.....it's not accepted in my opinion but it is.....in a way and to an extent.....

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by AdventChild
i don't like you... I think you should know that...but i respect your opinion because you bring a valid point.....it's not accepted in my opinion but it is.....in a way and to an extent.....

what, do you think im a racist? no, im just stating that racism is accepted by the laws of the united states. i cant stand it when people blatantly deny the truth for sake of personal opinion.

Movie_Geek_
It's the freedom of speech. People can say they are racist doesn't mean that it is accepted.

People can say what they want, that is why we are a free society's in most places. People can be racist but that dose not make it right. But because of the law of freedom it is protected under the law to believe it, not practices it out side of demonstration

§P0oONY
IMO.... Racism is not acceptable... I think it is vile and people that believe in racist ways should come to a quick and painful demise. no expression

AdventChild

Snoopbert
Racism is not accepted by the everyday American, or other country natives even. However, legally it is, as long as it does not involve anything violent.

BTW, AC you're doing well. big grin

EsteemedLeader
according to the law, its right enough not to send you to jail. i dont believe in the justice system, so whatever its worth.

what you people sound like to me:

i dont like racism, so that automatically makes it wrong. they should be arrested for expressing hate, even though im showing just as much hate as them right now.

§P0oONY
that wasn't the question.... no

I was asking the question.... I think I would know.

Saratn
I would hope that it isn't accepted everywhere, but you can't always get what you want...

EsteemedLeader
let me ask you this. are you practicing a religion?

Movie_Geek_
The world is not black and white. Racism is wrong if you ask me but that dose not mean people are not allowed to be racist. That is there right and I support that.

AdventChild

§P0oONY
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
let me ask you this. are you practicing a religion?

Who?

Me?

No... I'm not religious in the slightest.

Movie_Geek_
I am not that religious but I do believe in God.

§P0oONY
no you were making a statment.....you said it's not acceptable...then you said YOU think it is vil and people that believe in racist ways should come to a quick and painful demise which leads me to say...why should they come to a quick and painful demise? confused

What the f**k? I know you have a problem with me... but seriously... get a grip...

I said that because I don't believe racists deserve a place in society... and feel they deserve the pain to compensate for the pain they cause in striving for segregation.

EsteemedLeader
I am not that religious but I do believe in God.

now, i have many reasons i think religion should be wiped off the face of the Earth. but it doesnt matter, we must learn to coexist. even with racists.

AdventChild

Movie_Geek_
I agree, with the fact we need to learn to get along with them. That is the point, is it not, of accepting people.

EsteemedLeader
I agree, with the fact we need to learn to get along with them. That is the point, is it not, of accepting people.

so then, you think they should be accepted, the way they ALREADY ARE.

§P0oONY
so, ummm do you admit that you were making a statment.....?... and umm you still havn't answered the threads question....
btw...you're cool i'm just playing with you! big grin

I answered it post one.... no expression

Yeah... confused

Movie_Geek_
I am saying the people should be accepted not racism, which was what the question was.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.