Best Secondary Character

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solo_Shodan
So often in movies, audiences cheer on the hero, laugh at the sidekick, and swoon over the heroine. But what about those forgotten, pushed-aside, characters who so often are indirectly responsible for the success of the main characters? So, I pay tribute to the forgotten by starting this thread.

Who is the best non-main character from the OT. Since this is the "Star Wars: Episode IV-VI" please refrain from characters in the PT...unless you just have to.

SS_181st_Snow
The best non-main character? Wedge Antilles! He fought in the Battle of Yevin, fought against the walkers on Hoth, and fought against the 2nd Death Star over the forest moon of Endor. He's a definite hero in his own right. Tho, I was watching ESB the other day, and I thought I saw wedge explode in that snow speeder, or was that someone else?

DeVi| D0do
Salacious Crum

Dan Skywalker
I agree, Wedge Antilies also

Canadadude
That was not Wedge search for Han and Luke on Hoth. It was some else. Wedge is the best secondary character in the OT.

SS_181st_Snow
No, not in that scene. He was the one in the battle of hoth who had the bleeding nose and such, and when he was going after another walker, I thought it was his speeder that was shot and blown up, right before Luke's gets shot down. I could be mistaken tho.

masterkit
OT Wedge
PT Ki-Adi Mundi

Overall Wedge

JediRobin23
wedge Antilles. This is why

Lord Knightfa11

queeq
Originally posted by JediRobin23
wedge Antilles. This is why

Happy Dance

Lord Knightfa11
i see wedges... men... cover your butts

chik4lit
Could someone explain the whole Wedge Antilles thing to me? He's in the movies for about three minutes total, and he doesn't even do anything very interesting. Is this a guy thing?

queeq
Like Boba.

Sesse
Say C, say H, say E, say W!

He is fat, He is back!
Chew chew chew!
Bacc , bacc, bacca!

chik4lit
Yes, but even I can see how Boba is cool.

queeq
Oh yeah.

JediRobin23
Give Wedge some credit. He survived the entire trilogy

queeq
He did. He's Luke's buddy. He helped destroy TWO Death Stars. No one can say the same.

SpecialPete
It has got to be Jabba the Hutt. We are not talking about a farm boy friend of luke here - we are talking about a renowned gangster and crime lord of the outer rim.

And before you say....yeah but he died at the hands of a girl. This only came about due to a very random chance meeting between Luke Skywalker (future Jedi) and Han Solo - if not for this Jabba would still be alive and well!

queeq
Nothing is random in SW.

chik4lit
Why would dying at the hands of a girl make him less cool? What the f**k?

Tangible God
If a girl tried to strangle me, I'd say to her, "Hey, missy! Why don't you knit me a sweater-- and stop dressing me up like a ballerina-- and making me watch while you have sex with some guy on my father's bed!"

SpecialPete
Originally posted by chik4lit
Why would dying at the hands of a girl make him less cool? What the f**k?

yep, good point chik4lit.
I guess I meant dying at the hand of someone you wouldn't expect to have a strong physical presence or been trained in combat (she is a princess remember).

exanda kane
Wedge is a bit of a straight edge character though. I can see the appeal, and in the story he was the nuts in a cockpit, but nothing in his character during the OT really endeared him.

Boba Fett is a cool character, and I like the fact that he is the Man With No Name too. And even if he is an obvious choice, squeals a bit when he dies and has had his mystery raped away from him, he has some sublime credentials.

chik4lit
Originally posted by SpecialPete

I guess I meant dying at the hand of someone you wouldn't expect to have a strong physical presence or been trained in combat (she is a princess remember).

Understood. big grin

Auron_Kae
Wedge and Boba are two pretty awesome choices, but what about Wickit? :P

queeq
Ootcha?

Mr Parker
yeah gotta go with wedge.

Kapton JAC
Originally posted by Solo_Shodan
So often in movies, audiences cheer on the hero, laugh at the sidekick, and swoon over the heroine. But what about those forgotten, pushed-aside, characters who so often are indirectly responsible for the success of the main characters? So, I pay tribute to the forgotten by starting this thread.

Who is the best non-main character from the OT. Since this is the "Star Wars: Episode IV-VI" please refrain from characters in the PT...unless you just have to.

TK-421 smile

queeq
YES!

Sadako of Girth
The Fett gets my vote, if he qualifies.

queeq
I guess he does.

vintageSW77
Admiral Piett

queeq
Piett is great. And so was Needa.

vintageSW77
Originally posted by queeq
Piett is great. And so was Needa.

i dunno
i thought he was in Needa of a personality

sorry

Rampant ox
Grand Moff Tarkin for sure.

queeq
Originally posted by vintageSW77
i dunno
i thought he was in Needa of a personality

sorry

"What a terrible joke!"

This is where you say: "But it's my only line!" stick out tongue

Lord Knightfa11
my bro says admiral ackbar cause he says:
*fanfare*
ITS A TRAP!!!

chik4lit
Chewie all the way

Tangible God
Ugh, the carpet? His greatest moment in the EU was when he was crushed by a moon. Lol, I loved that.

Lord Knightfa11
omg where was this so i can find it, and relish every second of it?

Tangible God
Vector Prime. Best book in NJO.

Lord Knightfa11
its a novel? darn. Star wars eu is just too corny to be a novel. Comic book i can understand, but novel, no. Id much rather read shakespeare, tolkien, or dickens if im going to seriously read....

queeq
EU ALERT!!! Take it somewhere else.

Lord Knightfa11
aw common im just trying to get this dangerously off topic and get it moved/closed stick out tongue

queeq
It's working. evil face

Lord Knightfa11
haha i love it when you do that smilie... maybe its because im part evil...

Do you like chicken burgers?

queeq
Only when they're bloody.

Lord Knightfa11
eeew salmonella.

queeq
Yummy.

Lord Knightfa11
eee my mum wouldnt want me to talk to you. you are strange.

queeq
Indeed... But err... you're not suggesting YOU're normal, do you?

Lord Knightfa11
no, i would be lying tremendously to suggest that. either that or everybody is strange exept for me... cheers

queeq
That makes sense.

Stun
I'm your sort of guy that would blend in that pub scene at the beginning of 'American Werewolf in London'. Thats the mother of strange - right there stick out tongue

Lord Knightfa11
wow u are strange.

Stun
i take that as a compliment

queeq
Originally posted by Stun
I'm your sort of guy that would blend in that pub scene at the beginning of 'American Werewolf in London'. Thats the mother of strange - right there stick out tongue

You sure you're not more like the people in the movie theatre later on? wink

Lord Knightfa11
maybe i should netflix "american werwolf" as i have nver seen it...

queeq
WHAT?!!!! Amazing.

Samurai100
Boba Fett
He only gets 30 lines if you include his scream as he falls into the sarlacc
but he is still the best character ever!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.