Why does everyone hate Ep1 and 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pielover666
Most people hate episode one and two. I liked them. Episode one was a good quality movie. 2 was mostly for storyline and romance, which some people hate. But Why? Romance is a real part of life, making Star Wars more lifelike.

So my question is why? Why do you hate it?

Lil Krueger
Worst.Romance.Ever

DeVi| D0do
err... Star Wars is supposed to be lifelike? blink

I have nothing against Episode I... I think it's a fine film, if a tad childish. But when your central character is a nine-year-old it's kinda hard to expect it to not be childish...

Episode II was about storyline? blink

Nothing happened in it! Anakin and Padme fell in love, the Clone War began. That's all. And it's the first part I have the biggest problem with...

The romance is just plain awful! I've seen better chemistry between a log and a pole. And, George, do you really need a whole movie to get Anakin and Padme together? Kirshner did it in two scenes!

Then you've got the writing, which is almost as bad as the acting. Master Lucas has said himself many a time he is a crappy writer but that his movies use the visuals and sounds to tell the story... Well when you've got a romance film rated PG you can't really show much 'action' to tell the story.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The only scenes worth anything in the film are the ones on Tatooine. Those are the only ones that mean anything... And they're the only watchable ones.

And the duels are fickin pathetic.

It makes me wanna cry, it really does.

Stealth Agent
^^^Agree with DD

The romance sucked! No debating about it. just plain sucked.

Boba vs obi. - good duel
the bounty hunter chase was good.

The final duel the first half with just obi, ani, and dooku was fine but when yoda came it sucked.

It was just a buncha lame ass cgi bull shit. Can you say ****in tazmanian devil.

cameron666
I liked both episode i and II better than 3.

Darth_Janus
Well Episode I only kicked ass for the final fight, and Episode II was as horrible as it gets with bad dialogue, stiff acting, and too much CGI. It may not be readily apparent now, but watch it a few more times. You'll notice.

Darth Nauj
I enjoy watching both movies because the droids rock big grin im creating my own droid army you know so I can rule this pathetic planet.

masterkit
cool, and I like both movies just Ep.1 is better then 2

Master Shaak Ti
I loved Episode 1 better the Episode 2

The Ones
some may hate me for this but i liked 2 better than 1.

DONT SHOOT ME!!!

Mr Parker
Because the movies were more concerned about good special effects than good story telling,which they severly lacked.Oh well,they were not as horrible as Return of the jedi.

Superfly4000
they absolutely sucked. the first one focusses on a little kid and the plot is irrelivent to the overall story. And the second one takes forever to get to a decent action scene.

Dirty Vader
Umm... cos they suck. I mean come on...

I despised Ep II more than Ep I though. I liked the atmosphere in TPM better. And great saber fights. Space battle, some characters, and dialogue left something to be desired. The story line was good.

CrazyOcelot
I like them, but other people understandably don't like them because they are honestly a bunch of waffle.

I have an affinity for waffle (being particularly partial to maple syrup) and thus this doesn't bother me.

Darth_Janus
You -are- crazy.

Darth Koroni
TPM was good except for the final minutes of The Duel of the Fates, to many camera angle changes, makes it seem like Maul had his finger up his nose while this was happening ever so slowly.

Darth_Janus
Really? I thought the Duel of Fates was easily the best duel in the series, outside of the ESB "Beat your son day" fest. Less pizzazz in that fight, though perhaps not enough. Liam does do this one spin in that hallway that is soo telegraphed it makes Sidious' stabs look stealthy.

Darth Koroni
Yeah, it was great fight. Very likely to be the best two on one swordfight scene in movie history. But I would've have done a few thing differently, I would have Maul do less twirling and have Obi-Won do more of a DS way to kill Maul.

roughrider
I like them both a great deal; they serve their purpose in the six-picture storyline, which people need to remember. I stopped listening to the complaining a long time ago. 1.6 billion worldwide, the vast majority of patrons seeing each more than once, GIANT sales on DVD, and virtually everyone complaining they were no good. A small minority, no matter how shrill they get. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fox4
Ep1:The only good in that movie to me was the Maul-Obiwan-Quigon duel.

Ep2:The only cool part was the Battle of Geonosis beginning with all the clone troopers.

Dude Vader
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Really? I thought the Duel of Fates was easily the best duel in the series, outside of the ESB "Beat your son day" fest. Less pizzazz in that fight, though perhaps not enough. Liam does do this one spin in that hallway that is soo telegraphed it makes Sidious' stabs look stealthy.

I thought they could have made more of Maul. Ob1 killed him way to easily. People may say that these films were cr*p but they were esential to the story.

ESB-1138
Originally posted by Pielover666
Most people hate episode one and two. I liked them. Episode one was a good quality movie. 2 was mostly for storyline and romance, which some people hate. But Why? Romance is a real part of life, making Star Wars more lifelike.

So my question is why? Why do you hate it?
I liked episode I for Maul vs. Obi-Wan & Qui-Gon. If Anakin was a better actor in episode II I would have liked it more.
I killed them, the women, the children...blah blah blah.
Is it me or is the only reason people liked Anakin was because of ROTS?

JenR1215
No, I feel in love with Hayden when I saw him in AOTC. I was 13 tho.. (IT WAS ALL ABOUT THE EYES) but thats all in the past. ROTS actually made me hate him. i thought he was a immature little jealous ass-hole.... He still has those beautiful eyes.

But i think the reasons why ppl hate then so much.. or at least their excuse is becuz: Hayden Christensen's in it.. Natalie Portman is in it... and George Lucas made it...

I love both films. When I saw AOTC that was like the turning point of my life. I love Natalie Portman, and the SEXY Ewan McGregor..

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by JenR1215
But i think the reasons why ppl hate then so much.. or at least their excuse is becuz: Hayden Christensen's in it.. Natalie Portman is in it... and George Lucas made it...
No. They're just crappy movies.

JenR1215
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
No. They're just crappy movies.

lol

Bardock42
No, I feel in love with Hayden when I saw him in AOTC. I was 13 tho.. (IT WAS ALL ABOUT THE EYES) but thats all in the past. ROTS actually made me hate him. i thought he was a immature little jealous ass-hole.... He still has those beautiful eyes.

It's a movie dammit...you either like him as actor or not....you can't jsut hate him for playing a role......now that he played it really crappy is another thing.

No the reason why they hatze it is because Hayden sucked as Anakin, Natalie Portman's acting was the worst I have ever seen and George Lucas screwed it all the way up. Now really, why should one hate it because George Lucas made them? I love the OT and he made them too.

I love both films. When I saw AOTC that was like the turning point of my life. I love Natalie Portman, and the SEXY Ewan McGregor..

Now Ewan McGregor was great there's no doubt aboot that....the Movies are pretty crappy though....RoTS is just as crappy though.

chinabing
I loved them all. Ep I, II and III. I don't know why there's such hatred toward them or toward Lucas or toward the actors, people just love hating them because they think it's cool. It's easy to be cynical, harder to be positive.

I don't care about the cheezy script, there's wooden acting in all 6 movies! It's part & parcel of a sw movie.

JenR1215
I loved Ep.2......

I still dont see where the bad acting is... :-\

Well I HATED that factory scene. When i saw that scene I was like "How EMBARRASSED where the actors when filming this scene???"

Thats the only scene where i think the acting is at its worst..

Darth_Emodas
What bad acting? I've seen every single movie multiple times and I'm thinking the people who are complaining about bad acting are big Gone with the Wind fans or something.

This is sci-fi, not some crappy plot-based bilge where the director takes 10 scenes to describe the grass on the ground. Star Wars is fast and furious and I'm just swept away by each and every film every single time I see them.

DeVi| D0do
The acting sucks.

JenR1215
i loved ever film one reason b/c i was amazed about the animation and graphics. like i say "I'm a sucker for landscapes."

No in Ep.3.. i did see a little bit of bad acting, i'll admitt it, but..... the babies were cute, lol.

I dont really care if the actings bad in movies. The only acting i hate is Child Acting, i hate that s---. That Disney crap, no-no. I grew up with Cartoon Network and Nickalodian.

ROCKO'S MODERN LIFE!!!

DeVi| D0do
And the child acting is awful in Episode I... just one of the reasons the film is almost intolerable.

JenR1215
one thing i noticed about Ep.I that i didnt like was that there's multiple scene where the actors are talking and the actors mouths arent move'n with the right words. That botherd me.

chinabing
one thing i noticed about Ep.I that i didnt like was that there's multiple scene where the actors are talking and the actors mouths arent move'n with the right words.

Yea, I don't get how they can't match those up better. Even Jar Jar's mouth wasn't matched up... and he was computer generated!

(Unless Jar Jar's was intentional.) When he says during the gungan-droid battle "This is nutsen," it's completely off!

Clovie
because i felt asleep while watching them

DeVi| D0do
Really? I felt bored while I was watching them... stick out tongue

JenR1215
Ep.2 was a chick flick. I SWARE that movie was. It had to of been a chick flick, b/c. I mean come on they get a (furture) teen-age heart-throb, hayden... and Ewan McGregor.

It was so a chick flick.

DiamondBullets
I think TPM had the best acting of the PT, and a good not-too-slow/not-too-fast progression unlike AOTC in which the plot took forever and ROTS which moved extremely fast.

Both Ewan and Natalie did better in TPM than they did in the other 2 flicks. Padawan Obi was a no-nonsense asskicker, and Natalie was better as Queen Amidala than as just "Padme". She was a serious take-action politician that did exactly as she said she would and that pu$$y, Chancellor Volorum, wasn't gonna slow her down with legal bullshit.

McDarmid was great as Senator Palpatine, cuz we all know who he is, and we get to see how he pulls strings behind the scenes in order to accomplish his ultimate goal.

I liked the podrace, and that duel was definately the best in the PT cuz unlike in ROTS these Jedi lasted longer than 2 seconds and the first Sith Lord in a thousand years got wasted by a Padawan.

Canadadude
TPM and AOTC were god awful movies. TPM had some moments of the old Star Wars movies, but the whole Jar Jar thing, and Lucas should never have put a nine year old Anakin into the movie.
AOTC was poorly written, directed, acted, and shot. I thought the special effects were cheap and lazy. Know wonder Ewan was drunk during the making of that movie and Natilie Portman wanted out of the Star Wars saga. THe only good thing in AOTC is Dooku and Lucas only had him in the end.
I have said this many times on past threads what is wrong with the PT and I think Lucas failed big time with these movies.

chinabing
TPM and AOTC are wonderful movies. Lucas hit a homerun with all of the prequels, and ROTC is a grand slam.

TPM was a thrill ride throughout. I didn't mind Jar Jar I thought he was very unique and original, and kids love him. Kid Anakin was just a kid, I'm not complaining. Liam Neeson was spectacular, he defines the role of Jedi Master. What a thrill it was seeing Yoda again, and Tattooine, and the final battles were absolutely gripping. Even at the beginning of the movie, they jump right into the action when Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon start taking apart the droids. What a thrill.

AOTC was wonderful. While most love stories are frought with endless naval-gazing, this one was a study of awkwardness. It's true, a lot of love stories do start off as painful as this one. Anakin follows his heart but knows it could betray his vows, while Padme is too much into the career to have a personal life. And yet due to the horrible episodes that befall Anakin, he changes. He's not the same man he was at the beginning of the movie. Christenson sinks his teeth into the Anakin role, and his telling of the slaughter of the sandpeople was breathtaking. The lightsaber battles were again thrilling. I didn't want the movie to end. I felt just like I did at the end of TESB, a middle piece of the puzzle has been filled in.

When I watch the prequels, I feel priviledged to see them. It's like being able to watch your parents fall in love, and see how everything started... I have that deep a feeling toward them.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by chinabing
TPM and AOTC are wonderful movies. Lucas hit a homerun with all of the prequels, and ROTC is a grand slam.

ROTC being Return Of The Crack-whore right?

Like I said, I wish the prequels never existed. Superficial and cold. Apart from a few sparking moments of magic during Revenge Of The Sith, there's nothing that matches up to the characters of the originals.

chinabing
All the prequels are wonderful movies. Perhaps you forget Most critics gave Ep I 3 out of 4 stars, and everyone said AOTC was better than TPM. And critics said Sith was even better than the first two.

I'm so glad the prequels were made. They are a triumph. People should just get over their Jar Jar hatred!

DeVi| D0do
Ahem...
The Phantom Menace - Average: 6/10 NOT 3/4
Attack of the Clones - Average: 6.5/10 NOT better than 3/4

Do your research first if your gonna make stupid statements like that...

And since when did critics' opinions count for anything anyway?

DiamondBullets
And since when did critics' opinions count for anything anyway?

They always have.

...and you really took the time to research all that crap? C'mon nigga, who cares?

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
They always have. Really? That's sad. I've never cared much about what critics say... To me the only person whose opinion matters is mine.

...and you really took the time to research all that crap?Yes. It took me a total of 15 seconds...

C'mon nigga, who cares? My point exactly.

chinabing
Oh sure, if you believe rotten tomatoes. Every joe blow ink-stained wretch with column inches to fill, or dot.com blogger gets tabulated. How about the major critics, the ones who've been reviewing movies for decades? Ones like the NYTimes, Ebert, Time, Newsweek, etc. etc. Those are the reviews that really count. Plus tomatoes is flawed because they let in even dot.com reviews which have about as much credibility as an online poll.

And then you go on to say critics don't really count, after saying they do? sheesh

Nactous
'Cause.

DeVi| D0do
Oh sure, if you believe rotten tomatoes. Every joe blow ink-stained wretch with column inches to fill, or dot.com blogger gets tabulated. How about the major critics, the ones who've been reviewing movies for decades? Ones like the NYTimes, Ebert, Time, Newsweek, etc. etc. Those are the reviews that really count. Plus tomatoes is flawed because they let in even dot.com reviews which have about as much credibility as an online poll.

And then you go on to say critics don't really count, after saying they do? sheesh
If you'll look at the 'Cream of the Crop' reviews - which only take into account well-known critics such as the ones you mentioned - the average rating is much lower...

Sorry, you have nothing to support your argument.

And I never said critics' opinions count... I am merely proving you wrong. Critics are nothing more than people who watch movies, and their opinions have no more credibility than yours or mine.

Red Superfly
Well, seeing as they are people's opinions, the general consesus indicates that people think the prequels suck and the originals rock.

Anyone that thinks the majority rate the prequels over the originals is living in cloud cuckoo land. Simple as that really.

DiamondBullets
their opinions have no more credibility than yours or mine.

Yeah they do. For example: "Four out of five dentists recommend Crest." Now I'd beleive a dentist's opinion more than I would joe-blow off the street. Just like I would trust Ebert or TIME more than I would a cashier at Blockbuster.

DeVi| D0do
Yes well that's because a joe-blow off the street has no experience in dentistry... A joe-blow has, however, probably seen many films and therefore has a valid opinion - as valid an opinion as anyone else, that is.

Personally, I think Roger Ebert is an idiot and usually only side with him when he reviews with Richard Roeper - Ebert is the lesser of two evils.

neo313
TPM and AotC have many low points, but hey also have some amazing high points, which tends to make people think, "Why couldn't the whole movie have been like this?"

In the case of TPM, some incredibly low low-points drag the movie down substantially.

Low points of TPM:
-Jar-Jar's annoying retardation. I can live with some of it. Understandably, most people can't.

-Child Anakin's horrible acting ("But I-!"wink

-Stupid embarassing jokes, FARTING ANIMALS

-Bad characters, such as slobbering Boss Nass, the two-headed podrace announcer, etc .

High points of TPM:
-Some awesome characters, such as Qui-Gon, Darth Maul, Palps, and Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon fecking owns all with his Jedi Master-ness. Darth Maul is an icon of evil.

-Ian McDiarmid does an incredible job as Palps, as in all the PT movies.

-LIGHTSABER DUELS!!! Duel of the Fates is arguably the best saber duel ever.

-Some awesome landscapes: Naboo, Theed Palace, Tatooine, Coruscant (sp?)

Now, AotC has far many more low points, IMO:

-Wooden acting. For the most part, it's just acceptable, but some of the scenes between Anakin and Pads are simply embarassingly badly akwardly written and acted.

-The feckin droid factory scene. It was added last minute, and it shows.

-More stupider kiddy jokes in the form of stupid droid antics. C-3PO borders on a Jar-Jar level of annoying-ness.

-Some long, drawn out, expositional scenes. Mostly in the beginning and middle.

-The hangar duel is mediocre, definately disappointing.

Here are the high points of AotC noticably fewer than low points:

-The arena scene. All those Jedi fighting, the Battle of Geonosis, the Clones, Mace bein a total badass, the arena beasts, all of it ROCKS!!!!

-Anakin's slaughter of the Tuskens and follow-up confession to Pads. IMHO, these are Hayden's best acted scenes in AotC

^ Thats about it for AotC ^

As you can see, there is an uncomfortable mix of good and bad elements in the first two movies.

I don't think it's fair to outright say the movies sucked, but the good parts are dragged down byt the bad parts.

DeVi| D0do
Threepio was more annoying in Episode II than Jar Jar was in Episode I...

Episodes I and II are like those people in your family that you really hate... you'll always love them, but you'll never like them.

neo313
lol, excellent comparison

chinabing
Another reason people are too hard on the prequels: They know the outcome of the movies. Yep, Anakin goes bad. That point removes an enormous amount of drama from the movie experience. I don't know a lot of movies where I bother to go to them when I already know the outcome. In the prequels, we do. It would be like seeing Lotr 3, then watching eps 1 and 2. No one's ever done prequels on the scale of the Star Wars prequels. So given that they're prequels, I'm giving them a lot of slack. And they're still a triumph of moviemaking.

chinabing
Go ahead and read a few reviews of AOTC, there are a ton of them saying "It's better than the last one."

Threepio? Irritating? Wow, never heard that one before.

So if we are to take Rotten Tomatoes faulty sampling at its face, we find Ep I's imaginary score to be 6 out of 10, and Epi II's fantasy-land score to be 6.5 out of 10. These scores are both above average. That means they don't suck.

Yep. For all the bluster from the prequel haters, the critics have given 2 of them scores to the right of the bell curve, and the last one into excellent territory.

If the prequels sucked, they'd have the fantasy scores of 2 and 1 and 4 and 3. But they don't. Therefore, the prequels don't suck!

DeVi| D0do
Another reason people are too hard on the prequels: They know the outcome of the movies. Yep, Anakin goes bad. That point removes an enormous amount of drama from the movie experience. I don't know a lot of movies where I bother to go to them when I already know the outcome. In the prequels, we do. I know what happens at the end of Empire Strikes Back and it's still my favourite movie of all time...

It would be like seeing Lotr 3, then watching eps 1 and 2. No.

Go ahead and read a few reviews of AOTC, there are a ton of them saying "It's better than the last one."

So if we are to take Rotten Tomatoes faulty sampling at its face, we find Ep I's imaginary score to be 6 out of 10, and Epi II's fantasy-land score to be 6.5 out of 10. These scores are both above average. That means they don't suck. According to some people. People who have no greater authority than myself, or anyone on this board.

I seriously don't understand why people hold critics' opinions in such high regard... erm

chinabing
I know what happens at the end of Empire Strikes Back and it's still my favourite movie of all time...

I'm happy for you. That, however, doesn't prove anything except you know what happens in a movie you've seen a hundred times.

People who have no greater authority than myself, or anyone on this board.

I'd take a serious journalist who'se reviewed films for decades, (Kael, Ebert, Corliss, etc.) over some blogger. But no one's got a gun to your head to respect them.

I seriously don't understand why people hold critics' opinions in such high regard...

Hmm, let's see. Decades of work in the field, articles read by thousands in major publications, seminars held, interns trained, etc. The cream rises to the top in any field. Hey, on Sneak Previews in 1980 Ebert gave Thumbs Down to Empire Strikes Back. (He's changed his mind since.)

DeVi| D0do
I'm happy for you. That, however, doesn't prove anything except you know what happens in a movie you've seen a hundred times. No. It proves that even though I know the outcome I still love the movie... A rebuttal on your point that we are too hard on the PT because we know what's going to happen...

Hmm, let's see. Decades of work in the field, articles read by thousands in major publications, seminars held, interns trained, etc.) All redundant. The only thing reviewers have is an opinion. I respect their opinions no more than I do yours. I find it sad that people regard critics opinions so highly just because they are able to write coherently.

DiamondBullets
All redundant. The only thing reviewers have is an opinion. I respect their opinions no more than I do yours. I find it sad that people regard critics opinions so highly just because they are able to write coherently.

Yeah? There's a difference between an expert opinion and a shot in the dark. Wouldn't you a trust an expert in the field as opposed to some one who knows shit? C'mon, whyu gotta be so difficult? You know the critics have a more accurate opinion than average people who just "like" movies. That shit's their meal-ticket, how they make their bread. 'naw mean?

DeVi| D0do
lol...

My point is that they're NOT experts in the field... no moreso than anyone else who watches movies. Just because they do it for a living doesn't make their opinions any more valid than anyone elses. I'm not saying I don't respect critics' opinions, I'm just saying that just Roger Ebert saying a movie is great doesn't make it so.

darthvader_fan
interesting

Red Superfly
Another reason people are too hard on the prequels: They know the outcome of the movies. Yep, Anakin goes bad. That point removes an enormous amount of drama from the movie experience. I don't know a lot of movies where I bother to go to them when I already know the outcome. In the prequels, we do. It would be like seeing Lotr 3, then watching eps 1 and 2. No one's ever done prequels on the scale of the Star Wars prequels. So given that they're prequels, I'm giving them a lot of slack. And they're still a triumph of moviemaking.

Nope. The reason the prequels exist is because people wanted to see the story of Vader. Lucas didn't do the job, and got one of the 3 movies he did half-right, with the other two being utter dissapointment.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Nope. The reason the prequels exist is because people wanted to see the story of Vader. Lucas didn't do the job, and got one of the 3 movies he did half-right, with the other two being utter dissapointment.

Good point Soopafly! That IS the only reason they exist. Lucas didn't do the job?--I guess so. I think the podrace was a waste of 30 minutes, but I'd still rather watch that than NASCAR.....

chinabing
Originally posted by Red Superfly

Don't be ridiculous. Eps I and II are no where near disappointments, they are triumphs. Critics found them excellent to good; Ep's I & III was/will be the most popular movie of their respective years, and Ep II was #2.

The only reasons "Empire" and "Jedi" exist is because "Star Wars" made it popular enough so that Lucas could finish that trilogy. There are 6 parts, and he started in the middle, that's all. That's why the prequels were made, to finish the story.

For example, my girlfriend hadn't seen the original trilogy at all, and only saw Ep I when everyone did in '99. She didn't know anything about Darth Vader except what she learned in pop culture that he was some baddie, but since she didn't care a whit about Star Wars, it remained off her radar. She loved Ep. I. I met her before she saw Ep II and told her to never see the rest of the Star Wars movies unless she sees them in order, just to pull off a rare experiment. So she did; she saw Ep. II and loved that too. Of course I kept my mouth shut about what I knew.

So now she's seen Ep. III, loved it. Then we spend 3 weekends watching Eps IV, V and VI in succession, one per weekend. It was thrilling watching her anticipation toward the next movie, (which was nothing like waiting 3 years in the 1980s!) She couldn't wait for the next flick! Her response to the full trilogy now that she's seen it all? She loves each and every episode. The texture is so rich, full and distinct in each one, she said. Sure "Empire's" Luke parentage revelation was not a diabolical twist for her, but she still identified with Luke, who wouldn't? But she loves 'em all, and so do I.

pr1983
Don't be ridiculous. Eps I and II are no where near disappointments, they are triumphs. Critics found them excellent to good; Ep's I & III was/will be the most popular movie of their respective years, and Ep II was #2.

Not a chance...

To finish a story, sure, he just didnt do it well...

Sorry but your girlfriend has no taste... stick out tongue

chinabing
To finish a story, sure, he just didnt do it well...
He did it just fine. Don't hate the prequels because Anakin's a whiny guy who lost a promotion and went postal. There's much more to it. I absolutely loved Eps I, II and III. If you looking for perfection, you won't find it anywhere.

Sorry but your girlfriend has no taste... stick out tongue

She's doin' alright for hersef! laughing

JaehSkywalker
Like em all...

pr1983
He did it just fine. Don't hate the prequels because Anakin's a whiny guy who lost a promotion and went postal. There's much more to it. I absolutely loved Eps I, II and III. If you looking for perfection, you won't find it anywhere.

She's doin' alright for hersef! laughing

i hate most of the prequels bar a few scenes... poor direction, planning and dialogue throughout imo... my hatred for anakin is on a much deeper level... stick out tongue

exanda kane
c'mon man, the critics absloutedly flamed both E1 and E2 - E2 less but still alot. I can't even watch them anymore because the whole thing is just awfully put together. It's horrible...

barriss_offee
I love em actually... If I may be very honest.. E2 is my favorite

amity75
In ten years time people will rightly regard TPM as a classic. I don't think the same can be said for AOTC though, it just kinda dragged. When I watch it on DVD there are maybe onle 6 or 7 chapters that I watch.

pr1983
Originally posted by amity75
In ten years time people will rightly regard TPM as a classic. I don't think the same can be said for AOTC though, it just kinda dragged. When I watch it on DVD there are maybe onle 6 or 7 chapters that I watch.

what about tpm (bar the duel) would you say would have it considered a classic?

amity75
The duel certainly added to the grandeur of the thing but I really thought TPM was a fantastic film. Now the Prequel trilogy is complete we can all relax and view and enjoy the films without wondering/worrying about the quality of the next one.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by pr1983
what about tpm (bar the duel) would you say would have it considered a classic?

The fact that for the first time we get to see what the pre-Empire galaxy was like. The Old Republic, the Jedi, the Sith revealing themselves, the Gungan/Droid battle, the fact that it was highly antipicpated and blew box-office competition outta the water.

pr1983
Originally posted by amity75
The duel certainly added to the grandeur of the thing but I really thought TPM was a fantastic film. Now the Prequel trilogy is complete we can all relax and view and enjoy the films without wondering/worrying about the quality of the next one.

fair enough... smile

The fact that for the first time we get to see what the pre-Empire galaxy was like. The Old Republic, the Jedi, the Sith revealing themselves, the Gungan/Droid battle, the fact that it was highly antipicpated and blew box-office competition outta the water.

box office doesnt really mean much, look at titanic... stick out tongue

the galaxy, jedi and sith fair enough, but they could have been shown better couldnt they?

the gungan driod battle imo wasnt altogether very special...

aniticipation doesnt make it a great movie...

SnakeEyes
I don't waste my energy hating films and then telling people on forums why I hate them. If you don't like em, fine... but its really just a matter of personal preference.

liam k
i just gonna say 1 was crap aside from lightsaber duel

2 was good aswell as genosis battle

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by pr1983
the galaxy, jedi and sith fair enough, but they could have been shown better couldnt they?

No, It was done perfectly. The Jedi Order was a government agency located in it's govt's captital that dispatched agents to resolve conflicts and settle disputes. The Sith were portrayed as a secret criminal organization with a deep grudge against the Jedi, who made a deal with (and of coarse ended up screwing) the greedy and cowardly leaders of a large and powerful corporation as part of the first step in their greater scheme to erradicate that very organization (the Jedi Order). It was done good and pretty realistic if ya ask me. How would you have done it?

pr1983
i have no qualms with the actual roles they played... more to do with the actual movie process itself... the dialogue, the acting and so on...

steverules
I didn't hate ep1 and 2 but they weren't my favorite I found the only good part of ep1 was the podrace and the lightsabre battle wasn't bad but I think they could have made it harder for young obi wan. M favorite episode was ep V (5), and by favorite lightsbre battle was the one between Ani and Obi. cool stick out tongue Happy Dance smokin' big grin

Joli Bug-Azi
I loved all the Star Wars, but for some reason I find the Prequel Trilogy alot easier to watch.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.