Is the term 'chick' offensive to women?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tired Hiker
I voted for the middle one. smile

Clovie
It depends.

Leo.M
the girls that i know hate being called chicks

Snoopbert
Sort of.Dunno, really.

silver_tears
I like being called a chick sometimes, all in fun, if it's a sleazy old man who does it then no, if it's someone my age I kinda know then I don't care if they call me a chick.

I call all my friend's chicks too.

Wickerman
I wouldn't know, since i'm not called a "chick" very often sad

~wickerman~

Sir Mist
Originally posted by Wickerman
I wouldn't know, since i'm not called a "chick" very often sad

~wickerman~

Thats a shame...Wick the Chick has such a nice ring to ithappy

Imaginary
So does Mick the Chick wink

Wickerman
Originally posted by Sir Mist
Thats a shame...Wick the Chick has such a nice ring to ithappy

I think i'm in love love

~wickerman~

Sir Mist
Originally posted by Imaginary
So does Mick the Chick wink

Originally posted by Wickerman
I think i'm in love love

~wickerman~

Mick and Wick, the Chicks with dicksdroolio

Wickerman
Originally posted by Sir Mist
Mick and Wick, the Chicks with dicksdroolio

It's like......totally destiny girl eyes

~wickerman~

Sir Mist
diva It's like...so happeningeyes

bilb
Originally posted by silver_tears
I like being called a chick sometimes, all in fun, if it's a sleazy old man who does it then no, if it's someone my age I kinda know then I don't care if they call me a chick.

I call all my friend's chicks too.

yup that pretty much sums it up.. i say chick all the time stick out tongue

debbiejo
Nah...chicks ok.....It's the other slang words I don't like...

dave123
I don't mind being called a chick happyembarrasment

botankus
I like how "Go Niners" was fittingly inserted in the reasoning behind calling women "chicks."

lil bitchiness
Nope, not for me.

My friends call me chick. My best friend calls me chick or little chicken.

Phoenix
I hate being called a chick. Or babe, or love, or dear, or sweet'eart... I find it demeaning to the extreme

debbiejo
How about chickypoo?

Phoenix
That one's fine big grin

Phoenix
lol

a1hsauce
i chose the middle one too, only go Dolphins stick out tongue

Enslaved
Originally posted by a1hsauce
i chose the middle one too, only go Dolphins stick out tongue

I dont like being called chick..but i love it when my baby calls me hun or huni...

Red Superfly
I hate saying "chick" ever.

It makes any sentence you use it in sound like you're from the Brady Bunch.

"Hey there groovy chick, you're really happening' in a far out way eek! "

Cinemaddiction
I call my girlfriend "dude" all the time. Doesn't phase her.

Lana
Meh, doesn't bother me most of the time, my girlfriends and I always call each other 'chick' or 'chickie', and refer to other girls as chicks.

When it's not someone I know well though, I don't like it.

WindDancer
I use the term "chick" quite a lot. Along with others such as Doll, Baby face, Hunny, Tuts, Babe!, Mamacita, and of course chica. big grin

Capt_Fantastic
I use the term all the time.

Phoenix
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I call my girlfriend "dude" all the time. Doesn't phase her.

dude's fine. I like being called dude.

Tho I spell it dood big grin

Doodette is also acceptable big grin

Phoenix
Originally posted by WindDancer
I use the term "chick" quite a lot. Along with others such as Doll, Baby face, Hunny, Tuts, Babe!, Mamacita, and of course chica. big grin

See, I don't really care what my mates call me, but I do have a problem with people I don't know usig those terms. especially working in retail, I am constantly having to put up with total strangers calling me 'love' and 'sweeteart' whilst staring at my chest pretending to be looking at my name badge miffed

WindDancer
I understand Phoenix. But you know, beauty comes with the price of attention. wink

Fëanor
I use the term "chick" quite a lot. Along with others such as Doll, Baby face, Hunny, Tuts, Babe!, Mamacita, and of course chica. big grin laughing out loud

i thought "tuts" was no longer used big grin

hmm...i must live in another part of L.A. then huh

JamalMagloire
I don't mind personally, but you have to be careful about saying it around certain people-- just as it is with many other words commonly used. Pick and choose the best times to use them.

Lana
Originally posted by Phoenix
See, I don't really care what my mates call me, but I do have a problem with people I don't know usig those terms. especially working in retail, I am constantly having to put up with total strangers calling me 'love' and 'sweeteart' whilst staring at my chest pretending to be looking at my name badge miffed

Yeah, that bothers me, when random people I don't know call me 'honey' or 'babe' or whatever. It always seems condescending and patronizing.

And all too well do I know the "I'm pretending to read your nametag but really I'm checking out your chest" thing.....

Actually, that I think about it, I think my friends and I call each other dude more than anything laughing out loud

Alpha Centauri
Be thankful, at least none of your closest friends constantly say things like: "Why are you not aware that you are the most pathetic human being ever? Genuinely." as a form of humour.

I think that's why people are so drastically and easily offended by things I don't say with offence. Because I'm used to conversating with someone who takes it and gives it back tenfold.

-AC

EsteemedLeader
i use the terms "chicks" and "guys", and when im in mixed company i just say "dudes. i dont think its offensive at all. especially if you dont mean any offense

WindDancer

Fëanor
It rarely is used. stick out tongue

West side! smokin' well then...as of today i'm gonna start using that word big grin "Hey tuts!"

has a nice ring to it stick out tongue

Phoenix
I understand Phoenix. But you know, beauty comes with the price of attention. wink

laughing out loud

Lemonade Whiz
I think the term "bi*ch" is more offensive.

Which would you rather be called?

Alpha Centauri
From my point of view, chick has been seen throughout history as a symbol for female empowerment as it were.

-AC

Lana
Originally posted by Lemonade Whiz
I think the term "bi*ch" is more offensive.

Which would you rather be called?

Actually, I couldn't care less when someone calls me a b!tch, when they do I just retort with "thanks", "I try", or "I think you may be on to something here, genius."

Really pisses people off sometimes big grin

vaya_the_elf
The term chick might bother some woman, but it does not bother me.

CrazyInLove
don't bother me! A guy can call me anything.. I don't carebig grin bi*ch is a little offensive, to me..

Darth Jello
i think it wouldn't have any specific connotation if people outside of New Jersey still used the term Cat-the male equivelant of chick

BlackC@t
I don't find it offensive. People refer me as a 'chick' and I refer to other girls as "chicks."

Wolflet
Originally posted by Clovie
It depends.

SlipknoT
Bitches and Hoes.

Curl_Up&Dye
it depends on how its used, and how well you know the people saying it/or youre saying it to

me and my friends use it, but if a strange guy called me one, i would grab the nearest blunt object and he would lose his balls almost instantaneously.

my boyfriend is stuck in the 70s i believe, he calls me 'his lady'

CrazyInLove
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Bitches and Hoes.

are you saying that is offensive? or that is what you call women?

GuitarBunny
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
I voted for the middle one. smile Weird i said the word chick to my friend and my art teacher said he finds it offensive...i don't find it offensive, personally i like the word chick smile Better then calling me "Little Girl" confused

Ladyluck
I call girls chicks all the time erm

D-Double
Chick = feminine version of dude... Go Niners! smile

CrazyInLove
Originally posted by D-Double
Chick = feminine version of dude... Go Niners! smile

yep, exactly!wink

WickedTexasMomA
-_-" Only a close friend would dare call me a chick...for one,im a woman NOT ready for the slaughter KFC chicken.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.