If Darth Maul had killed Obi-wan?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cameron666
Do you think the council would have found another jedi to train anakin, or would they have sent Anakin home?

If anakin wasnt trained, then what would palpatine try to do to gain control of the galaxy?

Darth Nhilus
Dunno, he couldn't use the clone army, they weren't there in the 1st movie. Maybe he would train all the senators to use a gun. They would kill everyone.

kanis
starwars Maul would of then hunted down padme and killed her and then anakin would have to be trained by someone else, but who could have trained anakin if obi had died and would have they controlled his rebellious nature.

Dirty Vader
Ummm actually the jedi council said they wouldn't train anakin before the duel. They only changed their mind, when Obi Wan declared he would take him as an apprentice after the duel. So if Obi had died, he wouldn't be there to declare that to the council and anakin wouldn't be trained as was originaly stated by them.

BlackC@t
If Obi-Wan did die then Anakin would probably be sent home. But I'm sure Palpatine would eventually find him.

Stealth Agent
Anakin would of ben great even yhad he not become a jedi. He would of been some type of racer or something. i mean he won that race by age 9, the only human to do it.

but he'd be sent home. Palpatine never needed Anakin to control the galaxy had anakin no been there he would of done just as well.

Stunrun
dont know about you guys, but i would of payed serious money to see Anakin Vs Maul - wordcool

masterkit
Palps would have taken over the galaxy somehow anyway plus anikan was a moron anyway

Ast
Palps could have gone after Anakin right then, that way he could teach him to be a sith at a young age.

Fox4
Then we wouldn't have had Ep2 and Ep3, now would we....?

Captain REX
Or Ep4 thru Ep6.

JenR1215
if Obi-Wan had gotten killed, the whole saga, trilogy, w/e would had been ruined.

Anakin wouldn't had been a Jedi, Luke wouldn't had been a Jedi.. there probaly wouldn't had been a Luke in Leia, b/c if Obi-Wan died, who would had tained Anakin?

Darth Koroni
Eh. The only major difference would probably that Anakin doesn't "convincingly fall in love with Padme" so Luke and Leia aren't born, and Palpatine probably would have gotten rid of Maul in exchange for Dooku.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Jedi StunRun
dont know about you guys, but i would of payed serious money to see Anakin Vs Maul - wordcool

Naw, naw, It aint "word" homie, it's wuuuuurd! cool

kanis
starwars He might have been trained as a jedi by one of the other jedi knights and he might have become a better jedi and he would have brought palpatine in himself, he would not have become darth vader and padme would not have died. The reason she died was of a broken heart not any injury from anakin betraying her and their would be no empire or a war and luke and leia would both of been jedi knights.

terd40
well, what happened on naboo? the droid army was defeated and the gunguns were left the major millitary force on the planet. i think maul would have pursued the queen and eliminated her setting free the viceroy. then it was a matter of time between whether the new droid army got there or if the gunguns reached the capitol to find and eliminate maul. i think maul was palpatines protige and anikan would have been sent home to live with his mom which he would have protected from being abducted by the sand people. he would have been the chosen one and been found by yoda and trained in the ways of the jedi and defeated the evil empire in his 30's. palpatine would have won the clone wars no matter what side he decided to go on. the empire was inevitable. and so was the defeat of the empire.

Tangible God
Well it WAS Qui-Gon's promise to Obi to train the boy. If Obi died and no promise was made, then the council wouldn't have been sympathetic to Qui-Gon's plea.

Captain REX
I just realized that I truely hate this thread. big grin

overlord
Obi Wan would be less popular and I would like that. And Darth Maul would have trained Anakin after Maul killed Watto and Shmi and I would have liked that too. Then there would be a dramatic scene with Palpatine eating Maul and Anakin would cry.. Then Anakin would be Darth Vader without all those cyborg parts and Anakin would have kept his brain and he would have just cloned Padme back and keep her as a sex slave and I would have liked that too.
And Luke and Leia would be raised by Vader and become sith too and Yoda would call himself Darth Phoenix and all the sith would live happily ever after, the end.

General Zink
blink

overlord
Originally posted by General Zink
blink

Smilies don't mean anything therefor don't deserve a proper response.

alien alien alien alien
alien alien alien alien

Tangible God
The fact that someone actually wonders what would have happened if Maul won, is just sad.

ArthasKnight
If Maul wins then Obi-Wan doesn't train Anakin, nobody persuades the Council to train him, Anakin is sent home. I'm betting Maul kills Padme. Whether the Trade Federation takes over the planet is questionable because the droids were destroyed anyway but they could come back with another army and probably would so Naboo is screwed.

But what happens with Maul I think is open to consideration.

JaehSkywalker
i won't accept the story if that happened....

exanda kane
Maul was created solely to die... he has no other worth!

overlord
It was the movies climax to see him die! We were supposed to be very pissed with him for being a bad man, and we were supposed to be releaved when he finally died..
Personally I think they should have picked Jar Jar dying as climax of the movie, that would have really pleased me.. It would have made the movie even better than The Empire Strikes Back!

Barker
Originally posted by cameron666
Do you think the council would have found another jedi to train anakin, or would they have sent Anakin home?

If anakin wasnt trained, then what would palpatine try to do to gain control of the galaxy?
Bye Annie smile. Palpz wood tahk drth rage az da knew aprentse den dey wood tahk ova da galecksy wit der L33t skillz n tey sould kil jarr jarr bink lol omg !!!one!!111elven!!omg star trek rulz roll eyes (sarcastic) mad evil face confused rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance

DiamondBullets
The Council certainly would have assigned another Jedi to train Anakin, if Obiwan got greased. A 9 year old strong enough in the Force to destroy a battle station on his maiden mission woulda been a waste to let go of. Or even, possibly a danger. My guess: either Saesee Tiin or Eeth Koth woulda been assigned to the boy.

Tangible God
But Yoda was still skeptical about letting even Obi train him. And he made that prmosie to Qui-gon, which is why the council let him train Anakin.

ArthasKnight
Anakin would not have been trained. Regardless of his potential, the Council deemed Anakin too dangerous to train. It was only after Qui-Gon's last wish was delivered and Obi-Wan's defiance to the Council that led to Anakin being trained. If Obi-Wan died, Qui-Gon's dying wish is heard by no one and Obi-Wan does not protest to the Council to train Anakin. The entire Council agreed that Anakin should not be trained, so he would not have been.

Tangible God
EXACTLY!

Sorgo
Originally posted by Tangible God
EXACTLY!

And then he and his mom would have both died to the Tusken Raiders. AHAHAHA! ******!

Alkaselzer
Originally posted by overlord
Smilies don't mean anything therefor don't deserve a proper response.

alien alien alien alien
alien alien alien alien

Then what are you doing even using a message board? They mean something, obviously, unless its just some random smilie for amusement. big grin

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by exanda kane

yeah!!! i agree big time!!

overlord
Originally posted by Alkaselzer
Then what are you doing even using a message board? They mean something, obviously, unless its just some random smilie for amusement. big grin

Don't make me angry, I can be much more annoying than I am now.. mad2

jollyjim311
They might train him. They wouldn't just send him home after they found out he had the potential to be the most powerful Jedi ever and that the dark side had revealed itself. If he was trained then he would become powerful, then want revenge on maul and go kill him and start his journey down the dark path. But,...I really stopped caring by sentence two.

ArthasKnight
The Jedi Council was all prepared to send him home anyway. Why would they change their minds?

Tangible God
Originally posted by Sorgo
And then he and his mom would have both died to the Tusken Raiders. AHAHAHA! ******! This could happen...

When you wish upon a star....

Susan-Storm
Originally posted by JenR1215
if Obi-Wan had gotten killed, the whole saga, trilogy, w/e would had been ruined.

Anakin wouldn't had been a Jedi, Luke wouldn't had been a Jedi.. there probaly wouldn't had been a Luke in Leia, b/c if Obi-Wan died, who would had tained Anakin?

Very true..and ewan would sadly only be in ONE Star wars movie..that be Deppresing to let good acting slip sad

jollyjim311
Yeah, but Maul would have been in more, and all of his lines were very convincing in Episode one.

Tangible God
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Yeah, but Maul would have been in more, and all of his lines were very convincing in Episode one. Yeah, all one of them.

jollyjim311
I stand by what I said. I really beleived that he thought that at last they would reveal themselves and have revenge.

Tangible God
Originally posted by jollyjim311
I stand by what I said. I really beleived that he thought that at last they would reveal themselves and have revenge. Awe-inspiring 15 words eh?

jollyjim311
Amen to that brother. They changed my whole outlook on life.

DarkC
Originally posted by cameron666

Yoda would've done a good job. Or Ki-Adi-Mundi.

mace=badass
Originally posted by Darth Nhilus
Dunno, he couldn't use the clone army, they weren't there in the 1st movie. Maybe he would train all the senators to use a gun. They would kill everyone.

Sids was playing on both sides of the fence...
Meaning he was with the Republic and the Separatists...
So whoever won the war he would have an empire with that army.

Captain REX
I do wish they had developed Maul a bit more.

Ultimate-Venom
the first(or should i say last...)movies wouldnt make sence without obi wan...think.. blink

jollyjim311
I am bad at that though!

SithHappens
Originally posted by exanda kane
Aren't we all just created to die?

ArthasKnight
Originally posted by DarkC
Yoda would've done a good job. Or Ki-Adi-Mundi.

Why are people so convinced that Anakin would have been trained at all? Have you seen Episode I? Mace clearly says that the Council decided Anakin would not be trained. Obi-Wan was not ready for the trials, Qui-Gon could not take another Padawan, and the Council did not want to entrust another Master with Anakin.

SnakeEyes
I think it would've been neat if Maul had more depth and they developed him a bit more in Episode One. Then, he didn't die and went on to become one of the main villains of the prequels, going out with a bang at the beginning of Episode Three or something. He was far cooler than Grevious.

DarkC
Originally posted by ArthasKnight
Why are people so convinced that Anakin would have been trained at all? Have you seen Episode I? Mace clearly says that the Council decided Anakin would not be trained. Obi-Wan was not ready for the trials, Qui-Gon could not take another Padawan, and the Council did not want to entrust another Master with Anakin.
Obi-Wan's request was approved by the council at the end of Episode I; he did not have to disobey the order.

And he had chopped a skilled Sith Lord in half. That's nothing to sneeze at; after that particular scene, it generally seemed that he was indeed ready for the trials.

ArthasKnight
Obi-Wan's request was approved by the council at the end of Episode I; he did not have to disobey the order.

And he had chopped a skilled Sith Lord in half. That's nothing to sneeze at; after that particular scene, it generally seemed that he was indeed ready for the trials.

No, you misunderstood me. I meant if Obi-Wan had been killed then Anakin would not have been trained. The Council's decision had been made and there would have been no one to argue against them.

DarkC
Originally posted by ArthasKnight
No, you misunderstood me. I meant if Obi-Wan had been killed then Anakin would not have been trained. The Council's decision had been made and there would have been no one to argue against them.
We don't know that for sure. If both Jedi had been killed, what would the Council do, throw the boy out and let him wander off with someone else?
Hardly seems like the compassionate Jedi to do so.

ArthasKnight
We don't know that for sure. If both Jedi had been killed, what would the Council do, throw the boy out and let him wander off with someone else?
Hardly seems like the compassionate Jedi to do so.

You really believe Jedi are compassionate? Well, I really do believe they would have sent Anakin home because they knew he was too dangerous to train. There was too much at risk to train him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.