Most overrated artist?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Victor Von Doom
Should be an interesting thread.

Won't put up a poll because it's too subjective.

Will throw out some names though (which I may or may not agree with)

The Beatles, Metallica, Tool, The Darkness, Faith No More, Radiohead, The Mars Volta, Nirvana, U2...

Or whoever.

Dr. Octagon
Tupac

Alpha Centauri
The Beatles, The Mars Volta, U2, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, H.I.M.

-AC

LiveAndLetDie
Nirvana, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, and The Darkness

Df02
Nirvana and U2

Victor Von Doom
Reasons wouldn't go amiss.

Alpha Centauri
The Beatles: Because they're referred to as the best band ever.

The Mars Volta: Because while really good, aren't as good as everyone claims.

U2: Legends by reputation only. Like The Beatles but with shit music.

Nirvana: A great band but not even the best of the "grunge" bands, let alone best ever.

Pink Floyd: Same as The Beatles but with lesser music.

H.I.M: Claimed to be some ultra unique band when they're not doing anything special at all.

-AC

Df02
Originally posted by Df02
Nirvana and U2

Nirvana: referred to as the best grunge band, when they clearly weren't.
U2: boring plain rock and outlived their welcome by a long way.

wicker_man
Tool, Tupac, Eminem, Coldplay, Kasier Chiefs, Bloc Party, Oasis, The Beatles, Kayne West, U2, Trivium, The Used, My Chemical Romance & Green Day

Deathblow
Elvis. He took what so many people had done before, and much better (Chuck Berry, take a bow) and made it white, i.e. bland.

LiveAndLetDie
Originally posted by LiveAndLetDie
Nirvana, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, and The Darkness
Nirvana: Great band, but not that great.
The Beatles: As much as I love them, they aren`t the BEST band ever.
Pink Floyd: They aren`t as great as everyone makes them out to be.
The Darkness: This generation`s Queen? Pfft, whatever.
Additions
Green Day: They`ve had some great songs, but they aren`t the best band ever. Just because they wear eyeliner and have mohawks doesn`t make them punk.
Coldplay: They`re stuff bores me and all their songs sound the same. I don`t see why everyone thinks they`re so great
Kayne West: So he makes songs that are serious and mean something....so does most of the underground rap scene.

jks
Nirvana easily. Kurt cobain is given all this credit simply because he died young. He is called a revolutionary because he changed music. Really? I remember him being in the mtv darling band of a three year fad in music, but I don't remember him revolutionizing anything.

koolruningz
Originally posted by Deathblow
Elvis. He took what so many people had done before, and much better (Chuck Berry, take a bow) and made it white, i.e. bland.

Bravo sir bravo. clapping

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by wicker_man
Tool, Tupac, Eminem, Coldplay, Kasier Chiefs, Bloc Party, Oasis, The Beatles, Kayne West, U2, Trivium, The Used, My Chemical Romance & Green Day

Reasons would be a good addition to the thread.

I'm always curious as to see why people think Tool are overrated.

-AC

wicker_man
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

Maybe when my heads not thumping from last nights gig, but for now shhh.

Alpha Centauri
Shh?

It's a messageboard. I'm not asking you to post a vocal performance.

-AC

wicker_man
Shh?

It's a messageboard. I'm not asking you to post a vocal performance.

-AC

And i'm asking you to stop being a smart alec, but alas i remember you from my last outing on here. So for now i'll pretend your angry at someone else.

Alpha Centauri
I'm not angry at anyone. Was asking for you to post reasons as requested. All you had to say was "Later".

-AC

wicker_man
I'm not angry at anyone. Was asking for you to post reasons as requested. All you had to say was "Later".

-AC

Yet i'm pretty sure you'd have found some smart-ass comment to end this little 'discussion' on a personal high for you.

Alpha Centauri
What, like the smart-ass wrong presumptuous comment you just posted in reply to my non offensive comment?

-AC

wicker_man
What, like the smart-ass wrong presumptuous comment you just posted in reply to my non offensive comment?

-AC

Oh...whats the matter leave a bitter taste in your mouth, when someone plays the same card. Do you think i really care...even in the slightest how you may take my comments? Lets just say your first impressions didn't go down to well.

Alpha Centauri
I left an impression, either way. Flattered, truly.

No, by the way. No bitter taste here. Just an ironic one that I tend to get when people try to resort to hypocricy to prove a point.

But there ya go.

-AC

BackFire
Trent Reznor, Eminem, Marylin Manson, Kurt Cobain.

wicker_man
I left an impression, either way. Flattered, truly.

No, by the way. No bitter taste here. Just an ironic one that I tend to get when people try to resort to hypocricy to prove a point.

But there ya go.

-AC

Actual thats just general feelings towards you, and if you think its any sort of impression other then memory relapse then keep thinking those 'wonderful' presumptions of flattery. Your nothing i've not seen before on these sites, and doubt i won't see again.

bakerboy
Please , the beatles arent overrated. They are great and they deserves all the reconigze and ever more. Same with U2, one of the best bands in 80s and 90s. Pink Floyd maybe a little overrated, but they have great songs.

RagnaViper
Nirvana mostly. Especially Kurt Cobain. People just need to get over him, he was nothing special.

Alpha Centauri
Actual thats just general feelings towards you, and if you think its any sort of impression other then memory relapse then keep thinking those 'wonderful' presumptions of flattery. Your nothing i've not seen before on these sites, and doubt i won't see again.

Relax, be calm.

I made a simple request, you chose to turn into Sark Wahlburg. Not my problem.

Just chill out. Don't make a big deal out of things.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by bakerboy
They are great and they deserves all the reconigze and ever more. Same with U2, one of the best bands in 80s and 90s.

A) They are overrated but I'm not getting into this again with you.

B) Well we already know you feltch The Beatles to no end, but at least they did make some great music.

U2? Are you serious?

-AC

wicker_man
Relax, be calm.

I made a simple request, you chose to turn into Sark Wahlburg. Not my problem.

Just chill out. Don't make a big deal out of things.

-AC

And yet you can see into my current state how?!? Please do share this wonderful new invention, despite my current track i'm in a fairly chilled out kind of mood.

wicker_man
John Lennon and Paul McCartney as solo artists are way overated too.

Alpha Centauri
And yet you can see into my current state how?!? Please do share this wonderful new invention, despite my current track i'm in a fairly chilled out kind of mood.

Good for you then, sport! Keep it that way smile.

So how about we all join hands and enjoy the thread. Aka, some reasons behind the myriad of artists you named.

-AC

Bardock42
Well Wicker, you could have avoided it by just stating why you think tool are overrated...but ok...

bakerboy
Man, U2 is a great band. They are actually a musical reference for the new generations and their stuff was great. One of the best bands in 80s anbd 90s without discussion.

And lennon and macartney overrated as solo artitsts? Songs like jealous guy, imagine, woman, mother, mind games, instant karma, no more lonely nights, band on the run, live or live and let die overrated?

Alpha Centauri
Man, U2 is a great band. They are actually a musical reference for the new generations and their stuff was great. One of the best bands in 80s anbd 90s without discussion.

No they're not. Certainly not without discussion. All you say, about ANY band, is "Reference for new generations. Influential. Best without question." Then again, if you like U2, fine. To say they're not overrated is ridiculous.

And lennon and macartney overrated as solo artitsts? Songs like jealous guy, imagine, woman, mother, mind games, instant karma, no more lonely nights, band on the run, live or live and let die overrated?

Swear I've seen you say this, literally, about 14 times...

Anyway, Imagine is possibly the most overrated (and also contradictory) song of all time. Don't get me wrong, I love that song. I just think it gets more credit than it should. Getting hailed as the best song ever, when it's clearly not.

-AC

RagnaViper

A fine band indeed, but the new album blows. They've got their strong points, but The Edge sucks. A lot.

bakerboy
Imagine is one of the best songs ever.

What is absurd is to post that U2 are overrated. The excelent stuff that they made, the great songs that they have, concerts like rattle and hun, etc. They are great. Maybe , today they arent as good as they were, their actual stuff isnt as great as always, but the things that they did in the past is more than enought to proove their musical relevance and importance.

And centauri, please, dont keep with your usual crap about " not, they arent," and " i proved it only posting that they arent great". Its getting pretty old.

Alpha Centauri
but the things that they did in the past is more than enought to proove their musical relevance and importance.

Ahh, to YOU. Well that's fine if you think that. I don't, nor do alot of people.

And centauri, please, dont keep with your usual crap about " not, they arent," and " i proved it only posting that they arent great". Its getting pretty old.

Don't talk to me of getting old, you've posted the same things about 10 times across 3 or 4 threads.

Either way, on topic. Who do you think are overrated?

-AC

bakerboy
Well, back on topic.

I think that pink floyd are overrated, their stuff is good, but not as good as they are ranked.

Nirvana is overrated, i find their main stuff boring and not relevant at all.

I think that rod stewart is overrated, he has a great voice, but his stuff is too repetitive and actually is a little boring.

I will post some more people later.

moonwalker741
Nirvana definitely.. I think Led Zepplin is over-rated

StinkFist462
U2, Green Day, Coldplay, and about 95% of what MTV plays.

U2- same shit over and over again.

Green Day- never was too big a fan of green day. they've been around for a long while. one f*ck bush song comes out now they are the "best" thing around.

Coldplay- same song played over and over and over and over and over

jaden101
the beatles...nothing but a pop band...as we established already in other threads

franz ferdinand...pish...simple as that

neil young...done nothing that other people of his era did several times better

maroon 5...why the big deal?...they're a watered down "train" and even train were shite

Hartigan
Greenday-They're my favorite band, but still get way too much credit.
Queen-Freddy had some talent, but some talent can only take you so far.
U2-I can't stand U2, they are in the rock and roll hall of fame, and Van Halen isn't.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Hartigan
U2-I can't stand U2, they are in the rock and roll hall of fame, and Van Halen isn't.

Precisely.

-AC

Dr. Octagon
Jay-z

jaden101
u2 were decent when they had something relevant to say to people...they now have so much money and are so far detatched from most peoples reality that nothing they say matters anymore...by that token the message of their songs doesn't connect with people any more...an sun su ki or whoever might be a great inspiration to the people of wherever she's from...but i couldn't really care less...i want the music to mean something to me...

not to mention that i dont know how many albums they'll get away with using that same shitty guitar sound

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Trivium. People are praising them like they are at the cutting edge of metal and are super-innovative, when really all I hear is a young sound on old riffs that have been played better by other bands.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by dAngEr_Is_gO!
Trivium. People are praising them like they are at the cutting edge of metal and are super-innovative, when really all I hear is a young sound on old riffs that have been played better by other bands.

That's true but I'd hardly say they're the most overrated ever.

BackFire
oh yeah, I forgot U2

SlipknoT
Originally posted by dAngEr_Is_gO!
Trivium. People are praising them like they are at the cutting edge of metal and are super-innovative, when really all I hear is a young sound on old riffs that have been played better by other bands. Trivium? Dont you have to Have some sort of Recognition to Be overrated? That said considering the guys are my age They have a good bit of talent, pretty good live to. Nice addition too Ozzfest.

Lana
Beatles -- Face it, they're not the best ever.
U2 -- I simply don't like them, they put out shite and people worship it. And they can't count laughing out loud
Nirvana -- as much as I love the band, there are better.
Elvis -- I dunno, something about his music grates on me. It's annoying and repetitive.
Pink Floyd -- while they're good, they are not the best ever, as many people seem to think.
Coldplay -- all their songs sound exactly the same.....

Dr. Strangelove
Iron Maiden- Nowhere near as good everybody say they are, sold on a image, Paul Di'Anno is a cheesy vocalist.

Dr. Strangelove
****ed up in my last post, meant to say Bruce Dickenson.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
Iron Maiden- Nowhere near as good everybody say they are, sold on a image, Paul Di'Anno is a cheesy vocalist. Metal legends? And Bruce is the Vocalist.

RagnaViper
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
Iron Maiden- Nowhere near as good everybody say they are, sold on a image, Paul Di'Anno is a cheesy vocalist.

*murders a small kitten*

bardock
radiohead,tupac,eminem and mcr sick

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
That's true but I'd hardly say they're the most overrated ever.

True. They are overrated but certainly not the most overrated ever.

MetallicaT
Rolling Stones
U2
Kiss

Snoopbert
Originally posted by Dr. Octagon
Tupac

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Metal legends? And Bruce is the Vocalist.

I respect what they've done but beyond that I can't say I'm a fan.

-AC

koolruningz
Im not disputing that U2 are overrated, but to say all their songs sound the same seems a bit of a stretch. If you take The Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby and Zooropa for example you can clearly see there style changing somewhat. I agree their recent stuff is abysmal though.

Cinemaddiction
U2's longevity, ingenuity, and creativity apparently aren't being taken into consideration here. Most pop bands don't last 27 years.

Alpha Centauri
I considered their creativity which is precisely why I called them overrated.

The emperor's new clothes if ever there was a case.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by bardock
radiohead

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Which, are the less important Radiohead albums?

I've gotta hear this.

Seriously though, reasons?

Alpha Centauri
Must say, quite interested in hearing this one myself.

-AC

Lana
As am I.

jaden101
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Which, are the less important Radiohead albums?

I've gotta hear this.

Seriously though, reasons?

uh oh...release the hounds

koolruningz
The blood is in the water, this is gonna get ugly. stretcher

Alpha Centauri
Just asking for reasons, what's the big deal?

-AC

koolruningz
The deal isn't big at all. We were just taking our seats and getting ready for the carnage. Forgive me, I'm easily entertained. smile

knight
All of The Above...

bardock
a lot of people like them and i dont that is my reasons stick out tongue flame till i cant stand i dont care

Alpha Centauri
Is that a "I don't understand them and feel left out, therefore I don't like them" comment or a "Disliking them to be different" comment?

-AC

bardock
i dont like their music if thats ok with everyone

jaden101
asks this question

then begins to answer own question...all the while baiting another answer

04wayne
How are U2 overrated? Fair enough they do get more airtime and tv time than most other musicians but at the end of the day half of U2's appeal is made up of the charity work they do

Alpha Centauri
Exactly.

"They're great musicians and they make great music" "Why?" "Because they're good people."

-AC

Red Superfly
Razorlight - The songs are dull, the band are dull, and everyone's loving them for some bizarre reason.

Nirvana - I like Nirvana, have all the albums but I don't listen to them much anymore. They're reputation and "story" supercedes how good they actually are.

U2 - Again, I like U2, but seriously, any U2 song no matter how good or mediocre, will be a success. I rate them as pop musicians, and I like a great deal of their songs, but wow do people blow them all out of proportion.

The Beatles - Probably the most over-rated band of all time. Seriously, they made some decent songs, all perfectly fine, but to say they were the best simply because they were there first is laughable. Their place in music history is unquestionable, it's just that a LOT of bands have betterred them.

Pezmerga
u2 are overrated...and so are the Beatles...But I cannot believe someone had the Audacity to say Queen are overrated!

nirvana is a little. I still love the band though...and exactly who does everyone think the best Grunge band is? Alice In chains are IMO overrall, but Nirvana has songs I like alot more then any in AIC catalog.

oh and please dont say Pearl Jam are the best....Id have to kill a kitten as someone put it earlier.

Anyway Jimi Hendrix is a little overrated too...At Least I think so. I mean he is everyone's reflex answer to "Greatest Guitarist Ever"...I think thats a lil too much.. I mean there are other people up for debate for that title.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Pezmerga
I mean there are other people up for debate for that title.

***cough***Stevie Ray Vaughn***cough***

Victor Von Doom
Going to throw NIN out there.

Pezmerga
I could see how someone could say they are. Granted NIN was way better back in Pretty Hate Machine's Days...and TDS of course... , but I personally dont think they are really.

I think the Eagles are overrated...The Band and the Football Team =P

Alpha Centauri
NIN are overrated beyond belief.

Off the back of a very good album and an excellent album they/he gets put alongside bands like Tool, needlessly.

-AC

el_barto
U2
Sex Pistols
Green Day (love them to death but there not THAT great)
Nirvana (Same thing as Green Day)
Led Zeppelin (Great band, but played on the radio way to much)
KISS (ALRIGHT I GET IT, GENE LIKES SEX)

TheStormrider
Should be an interesting thread.

Won't put up a poll because it's too subjective.

Will throw out some names though (which I may or may not agree with)

The Beatles, Metallica, Tool, The Darkness, Faith No More, Radiohead, The Mars Volta, Nirvana, U2...

Or whoever.

The Beatles- Major influence on rock in general. Not deserving of the title of greatest band ever though. Their talent just doesn't allow it.

Metallica- Used to be great. Then they release Load. And Reload. And they kept releasing modern rock stuff instead of the metal that they were. The ultimate case of fan betrayal

Tool- Only because the kiddies think Maynard is so mysterious. Amazing band, but they get all this attention because they're so reclusive. Not very deserving of the overrated title though, because they're so good.

The Darkness- No comment. Haven't heard enough of them

Faith No More- Anyone who thinks these guys are overrated can go to hell. Faith No More are too damn good to be called overrated.

Radiohead- Not much to say on them. They're good, but I wouldn't consider them overrated.

Mars Volta- No comment. I personally really dislike these guys. I'll just leave it at that.

Nirvana- VERY overrated. 'Specially Kurt. Kurt's an average guitarist and singer. Decent musician but not deserving of his title of greatness.

U2- I'll just say the new album sucks and be done with it.

Alpha Centauri
That post confused the shite out of me. You seemed to name bands that aren't overrated...

Victor was just naming names that people here might drop. I'm sure he doesn't think half of those are overrated.

For me, Pink Floyd are very overrated. Not sure if I said them.

-AC

Pezmerga
AC NIN arent overrated to me though, but im a little biased cuz i like all their stuff.

Also yeah Pink Floyd are really overrated...

In regard to The Beatles, any band being called the "Greatest Ever" is probally overrated. Its too subjective of a title.

JacopeX
Originally posted by Dr. Octagon
Tupac

laughing laughing Tupca? Overated? Thats new!

Dr. Octagon
Originally posted by JacopeX
laughing laughing Tupca? Overated? Thats new!

let's see:

1. He's ocnsidred teh best mc, when there are 1,000's of better mc's out there
2. Just cuz he's overrated doesn't mean he sucks. Do you even understand the word overrated?
3. 90% of his fans are ignorant assholes.
4. His death made him even greater than he actually was

JacopeX
oh crap! i was thinking of the other overated definition, neverm mind sorry.

Dr. Octagon

no expression

StinkFist462

theres another definition to overrated? confused

Victor Von Doom
AC NIN arent overrated to me though, but im a little biased cuz i like all their stuff.

Overrated isn't based on 'your rating' versus the 'overall rating' though.

It's overall rating versus deserved rating.

What is deserved is obviously the main element of discussion here.

TheStormrider
That post confused the shite out of me. You seemed to name bands that aren't overrated...

Victor was just naming names that people here might drop. I'm sure he doesn't think half of those are overrated.

For me, Pink Floyd are very overrated. Not sure if I said them.

-AC

I'm only stating the reasons why one can find them overrated. Problem with that?

Pezmerga
I think the Only strike against Trent is that he seems to get writers block alot...and is slow to put out albums..
and yeah I said some folks do think too highly of NIN. They are one of my favorite bands, but I know they are hyped up by some folks..

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by TheStormrider
I'm only stating the reasons why one can find them overrated. Problem with that?

No problem, just quite irrelevant. Obviously not to you though, so fine.

As for Trent, I'd consider the piece of garbage album he just put out to be quite a strike. I'd consider him selling out to be quite a strike.

-AC

Pezmerga
hmm maybe so...I was afraid that album was bad, so I havent heard it yet...oh well, I guess I'll spend that money on Get Behind Me Satan..havent got that one yet either, but I like Blue Orchid.

yes I'm a little behind on Cds! lol

tessieisslow
MARIAH CARREY. Or however you spell it. All her "recent" songs are annoying. ><

Victor Von Doom
hmm maybe so...I was afraid that album was bad, so I havent heard it yet...oh well, I guess I'll spend that money on Get Behind Me Satan.

Very good idea.

mshadowsisagod
heh..i agree..y do people think tool are overrated..they r a sic band!

darth_royke
metallica? fan betrayal? they produced metal for so many years.... but the betrayal, if there was actually opne, was when the black album came out. the songs were shorter and radio friendly. if they were a sell out band like many say, then why create something different in load and reload? and, if the first one was so slammed then why release the second anyway? simply because its what they wanted to release, its the period of music inspiration they were going through and wanted to produce something different to their earlier metal. i can see how fans of their earlier albums think they've been betrayed because they dont like the more experimental stuff, as metal fans do tend to like just metal and not have such an open mind. why do fans have to criticise musicians for newer material? cant you all just enjkoy the early stuff you did like and perhaps be intelligent enough to go out and find new music to listen to? i mean, perhaps metallica were bored of the other bands who were starting to sound like them, and wanted to try something different because of that.

thats my opinion

Alpha Centauri
Metallica didn't sell out. The only people who think they did are generally kids who don't know anything.

-AC

Bardiel13
(This thread is an all out brawl just waiting to happen...)
Marylin Manson... WE GET IT! You're a satan-worshipping transvestite! Go away!

Maroon 5- *eye twitch* If I hear "She Will be F**CKING Loved" one more time... blowup

But I don't think Trivium is overrated. Not many people outside the metal fandom know who the hell they even are. And, hey, for an 19-year-old, that kid can thrash!

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Bardiel13
(This thread is an all out brawl just waiting to happen...)
Marylin Manson... WE GET IT! You're a satan-worshipping transvestite! Go away!

Manson is not a devil worshipper. Transvestite yes, but not a devil worshipper.

I sense much anger, young one.

darth tyrant
the most overrated artistes have to be mcr, greenday, avenged sevenfold, the killers, and pink floyd

darth tyrant
oh yea and manson is not a devil worshiper u have no idea who is is do u??

mshadowsisagod
as if manson isnt a devil worshipper..he used to take puppies to his concerts and if they werent killed by the audience then he wouldnt perform...and how is avenged overrated??

Tptmanno1
I don't think floyd are Overrated...

cool_dudes_rule

-AC tool aint overratted and what is it with that what is it with overatted i dont get it, just pointless.

Victor Von Doom

I've just realised that not only is this a direct rip-off of what I said, but you were one of the ones not to give reasons in the first place.

Alpha Centauri
This was before you asked for them. I posted mine directly after.

My comment was aimed at those continuing to ignore it.

-AC

darth tyrant
welll people its really just depends on where u live. where i live anvenged and floyd are!!!

mshadowsisagod
hmm..where do u live??

Otaku
To answer the threads title question.Nirvana.Everybody says there the best band ever.Mostly people who have heard zit of their songs.They are over hyped because of Kurst death (What a marketing genius stick out tongue )
I mean the guy has T shirts that say Kurt Cobain instead of Nirvana...And Nirvana are not even the best Grunge band ever...

Myth
I don't think Avenged is even close to overrated. I only know of myself and one other person who knows who they are (excluding KMC).

It's_Alright
-------------------------------------------------

I would say Nirvana... All thanks to the Kurts death...

Susan-Storm
The Beatles: Because they're referred to as the best band ever.

The Mars Volta: Because while really good, aren't as good as everyone claims.

U2: Legends by reputation only. Like The Beatles but with shit music.

Nirvana: A great band but not even the best of the "grunge" bands, let alone best ever.

Pink Floyd: Same as The Beatles but with lesser music.

H.I.M: Claimed to be some ultra unique band when they're not doing anything special at all.

-AC

What idiots.. Green day is the best band ever the Beatles are weird

StinkFist462
whos the idot?

Bardiel13
Originally posted by darth tyrant
oh yea and manson is not a devil worshiper u have no idea who is is do u??

I know, I know he doesn't really worship the devil, but many of his songs have anti-christian themes (no denying that). Jeez, people calm down. no expression

Wolf Dog
Originally posted by Susan-Storm

*kills himself*

Wolf Dog
Oh yah, and i don't see how TMV are overrated. Yes, they get rave reviews by music media but it's all well deserved. Plus a BUNCH of people don't like them... a bunch. wink

Tptmanno1
Still Don't think Floyd is overrated, especially after hearing, "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" And "Wish You Were Here."
Money is overrated though.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Wolf Dog
Oh yah, and i don't see how TMV are overrated. Yes, they get rave reviews by music media but it's all well deserved. Plus a BUNCH of people don't like them... a bunch. wink

It's well deserved because they are a very good band but people go on like they're the most original thing ever. It's all rather false.

-AC

StinkFist462
ive never heard anyone say they are the most original. which is false, but i havent heard any say that before.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Susan-Storm

What the f**k? .....the Beatles are great....not the best band ever (the best selling though I believe) ....and Green Day....do they even make the Top 100....What the f**k?

Bardock42
I've just realised that not only is this a direct rip-off of what I said, but you were one of the ones not to give reasons in the first place. Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
This was before you asked for them. I posted mine directly after.

My comment was aimed at those continuing to ignore it.

-AC

You two ever thought aboot getting a Comedy Show going...you really are Hilarious...no seriously.....and this happens in every thread you post together.......I'd watch it....

Did I ever answer the Question yet...hmm...

I think Nirvana are overrated....Reasons were given enough....

Green Day are overrated because....well to any people thing they are great..whiole they are nothing special at all....probably not even average...

Elvis is indeed overrated too....mhis Music isw a not that great and b as said before not even the best in it'S genre (Not that I don't like some of his songs)

The Beatles are overrated at least by some people that call them the best band in the world (actually I didn't meet that many of them)

Oasis are overated..not only because they get compared with the Beatles but also because their Music is nothing Special...maybe a little more Special than Green Day but that'S it

U2 are overrated although they have some really good songs and all there is or at least was a hype aboot them that they don't deserve...

Not to forget that every Mainstream Rap, Pop, Rock Pop band is very...very...VERY overrated....

Hm...yes aboot that.

OB1-adobe
Rolling Stones-ugggh

Pink Floyd-I would probably like them more if druggies would stop saying they are the best band in the world

Grateful dead-same thing

The beatles-they have some alright stuff here in there, they were definitley a talented group of kids. But all of these old foggies keep saying they are the greates rock band in the world.

Back then people were music starved. If someone in your neighborhood, or town for that matter, had a guitar it was like "whoa!"

People only ate what they were fed

darth_royke
if you would like a band more if 'druggies' say they are the best band in the world, then you like bands for the wrong reason. it shouldnt matter what other people think. let them have their opinions of course, but like a band because you like them. dont let anyone else change your opinion.

darth_royke
also picasso, monet and constable are overrated artists.

Blue_Butterfly
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
Still Don't think Floyd is overrated, especially after hearing, "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" And "Wish You Were Here."
Money is overrated though.

"Another brick in the Wall" is another one that is so overrated I cant stand hearing it. Nirvana isnt terrible but I will admit I dont like hearing their music because it is played SO MUCH!

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by darth_royke
if you would like a band more if 'druggies' say they are the best band in the world, then you like bands for the wrong reason. it shouldnt matter what other people think. let them have their opinions of course, but like a band because you like them. dont let anyone else change your opinion.

No....they like music for the wrong reasons.

I never liked pink floyd.

I like music I like for all the right reasons. I'm a musician. I here things in pink floyd that like, but not enough to really get into them.

I don't think suck at musicians at all.

I mainly can't get into Pink Floyd because denver radio plays them constantly, the same with everyone else.
]

OH, and add disturbed and Godsmack to my list

Ladyluck
They're one of my fave bands, but I'd have to say Nirvana.

Victor Von Doom
Well, I'm now starting to think, if EVERYONE says they are overrated, they can't be that overrated.

Sadako of Girth
Chris Martin from Coldplay.
And Pete Doherty...

Bierbommetje
Guns n Roses are overrated, only produced one truely great album, which wasnt exactly anything new, just came at the right time.

Metallica are overrated muscisians (note, not songwriters)

Aini
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Chris Martin from Coldplay.
And Pete Doherty...

I totaly agree with coldplay. I can't stand em

Phat J
50 cent is up there, i dont know if it counts if hes the only one that thinks hes dope laughing out loud

Victor Von Doom
Any rating is overrating as far as Pete Doherty is concerned.

The True Fear
Originally posted by Bierbommetje
Guns n Roses are overrated, only produced one truely great album, which wasnt exactly anything new, just came at the right time.

Metallica are overrated muscisians (note, not songwriters)

like four great albums

Alpha Centauri
James Hetfield is far from overrated. The man is one of, if not THE best rhythm guitarist ever.

-AC

hellraiser34
Why do you think Disturbed is overrated? I love their music and David Draiman is awesome. I just got their newest cd and it rocks. If anyone is overrated it's Brittany Spears and all those bubblegum pop groups. They need to be kicked off the planet.

Alpha Centauri
David Draiman needs to stop that "Oooh wah ah ah ah".

-AC

hellraiser34
How does that make them overrated though? Just curious.

Myth
I don't think that the band Disturbed is overrated. Nobody has really followed them since their debue album because everybody hated the 2nd one. This is in generalization mind you since I myself liked the 2nd album, but most people didn't. So if anything, I could see how it is possible to claim that their 1st album was overrated, but I liked it.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by hellraiser34
How does that make them overrated though? Just curious.

I dunno, how does it?

-AC

hellraiser34
I don't think they are overrated at all, but that is just my opinion. I just got 10,000 fists and it is great. I like all their cds. But I know not everyone likes them and that is their opinion. I just wanted to add mine to this topic.

Bierbommetje
James Hetfield is far from overrated. The man is one of, if not THE best rhythm guitarist ever.

-AC

Hetfield is indeed not overrated, was mainly talking about Hammett and Ulrich.

Aj333
I would have to say: Coldplay! I mean why do people think that they are rock! they are just pop; 50 cent,mariah cary, the BEP, shawn desomd,sean paul,massari and basically everyone connected with rap, hiphop, or R&B, Espically 50 cent and his entourage sick

Alpha Centauri
Stupid claim. Not all hip hop is like that, and there's no such thing as "rap" as a genre. Rap is something hip hop MC's do.

Coldplay are so overrated it makes me sick.

-AC

jaden101

Coldplay are so overrated it makes me sick.

-AC

indeed...at the gym today and some dire music channel was showing the Q awards and the guy refered to coldplay as "the best band on the planet today" and i nearly dropped a dumbell on my foot

Aj333
want to clarify my last post! i dont hate all hip-hop just the mainstream commercilsed stuff, and thats the reason for me anyways that i dont like that kind of music, cause it is sooooo comercial and like so many people in that genre are sell-outs

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>