Are we wasting our life if we do everything for the after life?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shakyamunison
I see this all this time, people spending all of their efforts on an idea that after death they will go to heaven. If this is true then all is fine, but what if it is not true? Are we wasting our life if we do everything for the after life?

debbiejo
Depends....OH, I just thought of old people diapers....sorry. embarrasment

I think you should live not for a reward to an after life, but for the here and now...If more people thought about what they could do or effect here and now....and stop trying to stack the deck in their favor...WOW!...this planet would really change....Maybe it could almost be Heaven on earth.....It just takes one person at a time doing something unselfish....thinking of lets say....Hmmmmm SOMEONE ELSE.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Are we wasting our life if we do everything for the after life?

Excellent question. Yes, I think too many people do. I, personally, do not.

WindDancer
I don't think is a waste of time. But I do think people worry too much about what is going to happen to them once they died. If they feel confident about praying and all that stuff is fine. Quite frankly is their lives. On a personal matter, I got so many things do to before taking a the long trip.

Atlantis001
Like is short afterlife is long, its better to invest in what lasts longer.

debbiejo
Invest in all of what you/we are...

KingDubya
My thoughts are that those who prepare their whole lives for the afterlife are going to miss out on all the fun. Because the point in our short, short lives is not to prepare for what will happen afterwards, but do what you can now, and worry about the rest later. For example, look at Evel Knievel. He's lived his life to the fullest by doing what he can now, and worrying about the rest later. If he hadn't done that, he wouldn't be so famous, now would he?

finti
Are we wasting our life if we do everything for the after life? yes

Pyropsycho
Since when are we wasting our lives. I live for the lord but still have a good time doing it. Living for my God makes me feel like I have a greater purpose then I did when I lived for my own benefit.

debbiejo
I feel that if may contribute to something, however fwho can I be sure...Can anyone?....I mean there are so many different views, You should do it all now....stop doing anything for a promise of a reward.....That's school stuff....That's human thinking....

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Pyropsycho
Since when are we wasting our lives. I live for the lord but still have a good time doing it. Living for my God makes me feel like I have a greater purpose then I did when I lived for my own benefit.

If it works for you and makes you happy then, you are not the person I am talking too. I know people who live a life of suffering because it will bring them greater reward in the after life. Just think about the 9-11 hijackers.

Wonderer
yes, you waste your life on something that's been proved to to exist.

debbiejo
You're not wasting you time, if you spend each moment wisely...In the present...

Life is a gift
That's why it's called the "present/presant"...just open it.

finti
Turn around and see the circles we spin
And we're taking our chances on where we begin
Up above, the rain is falling on me
Life is for living and living is free - Barclay James Harvest

debbiejo
Yep, yep, yep.

Welcome to my world,
where magic dances lightly
and winds of luck
will fill your sails

if you just know
just where to go
and what to do
to open eyes so wide
and then another pair of eyes
that show you more,
that show you
all there is to see,
and what there is
is mystery,
and beauty and a harmony
of wild perfection,
interlaced and intertwined,
love and logic
all combined and dancing,
laughing with the power and delight
of the day and of the night,
it is here,
it is now,
and you can come to it somehow,
just know that if you wanted to,
you would begin to know,
to really know
and really feel a calling
and it isn't far away,
it's here,
it's every night and every day,
and every breath you take............

Imlistening
Originally posted by debbiejo
I feel that if may contribute to something, however fwho can I be sure...Can anyone?....I mean there are so many different views, You should do it all now....stop doing anything for a promise of a reward.....That's school stuff....That's human thinking....

the reward is all there is to look forward to, if you get rid of that you get rid of purpose, reward can be anything we see as fulfilling, fills our needs/wants.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Imlistening
the reward is all there is to look forward to, if you get rid of that you get rid of purpose, reward can be anything we see as fulfilling, fills our needs/wants.

I don't look forward to a reward...I know that we will all go back to where we came from since energy cannot poof away..It is forever..So, Live for now...make a difference now....Don't do it for brownie points...Do it because you want to, and it would make a difference to someone else.....If a person is doing good things just to get a reward, then that sounds kinda selfish and me oriented...and not real love...Real love is not conditional...and a god wouldn't demand a "This for a That" kinda thing....That's like rewarding your dog when it gets the trick right...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.