Redemption after Atheism

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KingDubya
*is wondering if such a thing exists*

Shakyamunison
What is Atheism?

Is a Buddhist an Atheist?

KingDubya
Your first question mainly depends on what you BELIEVE atheism is (well, that's what I think). The second is a question that few can answer, and even fewer can answer correctly.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by KingDubya
Your first question mainly depends on what you BELIEVE atheism is (well, that's what I think). The second is a question that few can answer, and even fewer can answer correctly.

That is why I asked the questions. I have a bad habit of doing that.

KingDubya
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
That is why I asked the questions. I have a bad habit of doing that.
I've read your other posts, and I can tell.

Shakyamunison
I've read your other posts, and I can tell.

laughing

You have me at a fair advantage. laughing

svnthdysthsbbth
The Lord said it, and that settles it! LOL!

..... Redeemed Us to God by Thy Blood out of Every Kindred, and Tongue, and People, and Nation;

Be merciful, O LORD, unto thy people Israel, whom thou hast Redeemed, and lay not innocent blood unto Thy People of Israel's charge. And the blood shall be Forgiven Them.

But not as the offence, so also is the FREE GIFT. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the GIFT by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the GIFT: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the FREE GIFT is of many offences unto justification. For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the GIFT of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the FREE GIFT came upon ALL men unto justification of life.

Happy Dance

debbiejo
Hey, where are our Atheists?

KingDubya
Originally posted by svnthdysthsbbth
The Lord said it, and that settles it! LOL!

..... Redeemed Us to God by Thy Blood out of Every Kindred, and Tongue, and People, and Nation;

Be merciful, O LORD, unto thy people Israel, whom thou hast Redeemed, and lay not innocent blood unto Thy People of Israel's charge. And the blood shall be Forgiven Them.

But not as the offence, so also is the FREE GIFT. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the GIFT by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the GIFT: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the FREE GIFT is of many offences unto justification. For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the GIFT of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the FREE GIFT came upon ALL men unto justification of life.

Happy Dance

*wonders if svnthdysthsbbth has the bible memorized, or has it sitting right next to him/herself*

KingDubya
Originally posted by debbiejo
Hey, where are our Atheists?

You see a former one right here. But I'm not necessarily Christian. I'm just asking other people what they think about it.

Atlantis001
Why someone even care if there is redemption after atheism, I would ask if There is redemption after being christian ?

KingDubya
Well, my Christian friends keep telling me that atheism is such an awful sin, that I'm going to go to hell for it. So, I'm asking if there is redemption for atheists.

Shakyamunison
Well, my Christian friends keep telling me that atheism is such an awful sin, that I'm going to go to hell for it. So, I'm asking if there is redemption for atheists.

You are an atheist who is wondering if there is redemption for not believing in a God. eek! laughing

KingDubya
Well if you look in one of the other threads, I said that I believe in all gods and no gods. So I am no longer atheist, but I am not of any religion, really. I was born a Christian, but all religions make perfect sense to me. I am beginning to wonder if there are others in the world whose religious views are similar to mine.

FeceMan
What are you asking?

If an atheist becomes a Christian, will he be saved?
If an atheist dies, will he be allowed into heaven?

To be blunt, the answer to the first question is 'yes'. The answer to the second question is 'no'.

debbiejo
no

And you are certain of that?...Would you bet your soul on it?

Atlantis001

KingDubya
Originally posted by FeceMan
What are you asking?

To be blunt, the answer to the first question is 'yes'. The answer to the second question is 'no'.

That's pretty simple, but I'm talking in a deeper sense that few would begin to understand. Not just believing that no god exists, but being of a religion and wondering if anything you believe is true. We only say that what we believe is true because we have been told that by other people. If a new religion popped up out of nowhere and people started believeing it, that's only becuase the creator of the religion told them it was true. If any one of you says that they are 100% sure that their religion is 100% true, I will track you down and slap you in the face for saying such nonsense.

And I'm completely serious about that. There is no way anyone can be 100% sure about their religion.

finti
it`s a christian belief that all who seak salvation in their christ should gain redemption regardless of their past........................
if atheist get redemption if YOU believe it well who`s to say otherwise.
An atheist wouldnt care about it though

xmarksthespot
Don't worry the Atheist god still loves you... big grin
I was born a Christian.
No one is born a Christian. A religion is not genetic.
So simplistic. So Christianity does not judge one by their deeds but by what they are at face value. What about a Christian rapist vs an atheist humanitarian relief worker?

Storm

debbiejo
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Don't worry the Atheist god still loves you... big grin

laughing laughing out loud Yeah...I've read that somewhere.... reading

The Atheist god......Lol...the patron saint of Atheists.....What was his name again????..I forget that saint....Was it saint Blasphemous?

xmarksthespot
It's Saint Heretic. He's friends with Saint Infidel. big grin

KingDubya

No one is born a Christian. A religion is not genetic.

What I meant is that I was raised in a Christian family. I thought that would be pretty obvious... confused

xmarksthespot
What I meant is that I was raised in a Christian family. I thought that would be pretty obvious... confused
I know, but I was in a sardonic mood big grin.
Think about the ramifications of the fact though. If parents did not teach their children Christianity, it and it's god would fade into obscurity. If all the Christian parents of the world were to disappear tomorrow before indoctrinating their children, their god would for all intents and purposes cease to exist.

sonnet
I fail to understand why you should ask this question. An atheist does not believe in God or that He exists. Redemption is not a word that should exist in your vocabulary as it has no meaning to you. If you now believe there is a God redemption is only important if you believe in the God of the Bible, the only God.

finti
wrong, the god of the bible is one of many gods...............even the bible indicates that there are more gods...We created man in our image
Thou shall have no other gods before me............

FeceMan
Originally posted by finti
wrong, the god of the bible is one of many gods...............even the bible indicates that there are more gods...We created man in our image
Thou shall have no other gods before me............
Some people take this to mean the Trinity, others take this to mean God and the angels, and others say that the 'we' form has to do with the Hebrew language and the royal status it has.

debbiejo
The "Thou shall not have any other gods before me" when read in all the OT is talking about the other gods the Israelites were worshiping when in captivity, or married into a gentile union with their gods...That was the reason the Jews were warned not to marry anyone but another Jew...Same belief and same god...They usually married within the different tribes like the tribe of Judah, Dan, you know the 12 Tribes....When they married outside the belief there were problems....And so god punished them from always straying from the true god of the Bible...and BACK INTO CAPTIVITY FOR THEM.

The "Let's create man in our image" could be taken many ways....

Just like the verse in Genesis, I think that said something like and god replenished the earth, before there was a flood...the word replenish, I think it was..means what?...the earth was already full of everything, so to replenish it meant that it was once full of ever thing , then not, then again it was.....I'm tired...I'll have to look it up.,

debbiejo
Here it is...

1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

So what's with this replenish?....Was there something before for it to be replenished?

Imagawa666
Aethisits are the most sane bunch of the lot. Nothing happens when you die if your an aeithist. No one knows what happens after death anyway so this crap about heaven and hell is another heretical lie probably.

debbiejo
How do you know for fact that nothing happens to you after you die if your an Atheist?...Can you prove that?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Imagawa666
Aethisits are the most sane bunch of the lot. Nothing happens when you die if your an aeithist. No one knows what happens after death anyway so this crap about heaven and hell is another heretical lie probably.

We Buddhists believe that heaven and hell (and 8 other worlds) are here in our lives every day.

debbiejo
Imagawa666 you cannot state something as fact if you cannot back them up as I wrote 2 posts up....

No one can know what happens after one dies..It's only theories...I don't believe we have a choice in the matter anyway....Though, who knows...maybe we do....That can't be known either....However energy cannot be destroyed and so it goes on forever in whatever form that might be...

Though the Heaven and Hell stories are just that stories....WE should be living our best intentions in the here and now....

bardock
if you find god you 'll be fine

Spelljammer
What about a Christian rapist vs an atheist humanitarian relief worker?
Nice example, too bad SpellJammer has never SEEN an athiest humanitarian relief worker.. They're too busy buying stocks in MSNBC and CNN news so they complain more about how the church impedes thier views on them..

finti
havent been too much around then have you

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Spelljammer
Nice example, too bad SpellJammer has never SEEN an athiest humanitarian relief worker.. They're too busy buying stocks in MSNBC and CNN news so they complain more about how the church impedes thier views on them..

I have never seen God. By your reasoning, He must not exist either.

finti
indeed

debbiejo
Originally posted by Spelljammer

Silly spelljammer....debbiejo has..

Wonderer
Before we can even as questions about a god, atheism, redemption and so on, we must first define what a God really is.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Wonderer
Before we can even as questions about a god, atheism, redemption and so on, we must first define what a God really is.

Yep...a definition would be helpful.

finti
god is a something, a diety, people believe in, a something that to them created everything and set rules that we should live by and will in the end take care of the believers for an "everlasting" life

debbiejo
god is a something, a diety, people believe in, a something that to them created everything and set rules that we should live by and will in the end take care of the believers for an "everlasting" life

OK...then what would you call a force that has intelligence to it and can influence things.

finti
a stock market

debbiejo
NO....it has to have a better name.....It needs a name...Everything needs a name....you're not special without a name.....

finti
NYSE

debbiejo
OH....Nice - NYSE.....OK, well call it nice.......Let the nice be with you.

finti
NYSE is Norwegian for sneeze

debbiejo
The big sneeze is everywhere......blows you away.

finti
yeah and try seek redatchoooemption there

debbiejo
That my new word....the nice is everywhere....It's a quantum thingie...hehehehe

finti
sneeze

debbiejo
I think we should have a poll......We'll take a a vote....nice or sneeze...what is the entities new name.

finti
bad

debbiejo
But it's the creative force...It's not bad....It just keeps on going...like the energizer bunny.....going and going and going.....

finti
bad is the name

KingDubya
Not neccessarily. A god is more like a being that is worshipped by people through either hope or fear. The "everlasting life" that you mention in the end is not what most look to their gods for. The Sumerians believed there was no afterlife, and worshipped the gods they believed in because they feared that otherwise their wrath would be unleashed upon them.

debbiejo
bad is the name

OK....It's the Baaaaaaaaaddddd force....The one that can"t stop......keeps going and going and goin....

Never tires never strains, never sleeps, nor complains.....

Rhymes too.

debbiejo
Not neccessarily. A god is more like a being that is worshipped by people through either hope or fear. The "everlasting life" that you mention in the end is not what most look to their gods for. The Sumerians believed there was no afterlife, and worshipped the gods they believed in because they feared that otherwise their wrath would be unleashed upon them.

Well, that's a crummy god....You have to offer it things, and you don't even get an eteranl life??????....I think I'd change gods.....

There are other views like that also...Worship out of fear...They didn't understand the elements around them.

finti
It was HOW I INTERPRETER a god , christian god, and the worship is covered by "set rules that we should live by"

Should have mention that my definition was of the christian version of a god though even though the name god should give it away since other mythologies have other name for their gods than god.......

Wonderer
Julle praat almal 'n klomp kak, veral Finti. Finti, jou taal gebruik is soos die van 'n kind. Wat te vok julle in 'n Religion Forum soek en probeer om filosofies oor die onderwerp te wees...vok weet!

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Wonderer
Julle praat almal 'n klomp kak, veral Finti. Finti, jou taal gebruik is soos die van 'n kind. Wat te vok julle in 'n Religion Forum soek en probeer om filosofies oor die onderwerp te wees...vok weet!

Could you translate that for me, please?

Wonderer
I basically said that the above conversation is a waste of time the way they talk crap about something interesting.. Finti's use of language is like that of a child: "HOW I INTERPRETER a god " interpreter??

finti
well you are in here so for you to grasp it I thought I do it for your benefit

Wonderer
yeah right.

finti
you bet ya

debbiejo
I think there is a difference between what people call god and what people call a creative force...

Wonderer
Some do in fact call God a creator.

debbiejo
It think it needs a new name...cause it causes confusion...

Darth JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
What is Atheism?

Is a Buddhist an Atheist?

Atheism is kinda anti-religion... the believe there is NO god, wheather it be The Jewish/Christian/Muslim God, or the Hindu gods: Brama, Seeva, and Vishnu, or the Mahayana Belief of Buddah (a I understand that's the group that beleives Buddah became a god), Or any other god.

JesusIsAlive

As long as you are still alive there is hope of redemption for you through Jesus Christ.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
As long as you are still alive there is hope of redemption for you through Jesus Christ.

Is it too late when you're dead ?

Why does Jesus Christ discriminate against the dead ? That's Necroism sad

Alfheim
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
Is it too late when you're dead ?

Why does Jesus Christ discriminate against the dead ? That's Necroism sad laughing Yeah stop picking on dead people!

Goddess Kali
I thought the Constitution also defended the Rights of the Dead...Dead people are people too u know mad

lord xyz
*is wondering if such a thing exists* I've heard of it, but never witnessed it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.