Twisted Metal Series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CorderaMitchell
I loooooved this series, which was your fave?
I actually liked 3, 4, and Black was the best one.

What did you think? smokin'

jaden101
i like the twisted metal games but i had to vote for 2 cause i had a better time playing that with my mates than i did with any of the others...i especially loved the crazy evil jinglw that the ice cream van had

CorderaMitchell
I don't get it, why was 2 considered the best?

I liked it, but black was the best by far, it was a game I had no complaints on, did you see the detail, weapons, and story?

jaden101
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
I don't get it, why was 2 considered the best?

I liked it, but black was the best by far, it was a game I had no complaints on, did you see the detail, weapons, and story?

i never said 2 was the best game...i said i had a better time playing it than any of the others...just like i prefer resident evil for the playstation more than any of the others as i didn't have a memory card at the time and me and my mate chris tried to play through the whole game without one...very tense

CorderaMitchell
Who did you use, I was mister grimm all the way!!

jaden101
yeah mr grimm was great cause it was hard for others to hit you although when they did you were toast...i mostly used roadkill or outlaw because they were pretty good all-rounders...we always mixed it up in multiplayer to make it more fun though...total carnage...great laughs playing it "back in the day"

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by jaden101
yeah mr grimm was great cause it was hard for others to hit you although when they did you were toast...i mostly used roadkill or outlaw because they were pretty good all-rounders...we always mixed it up in multiplayer to make it more fun though...total carnage...great laughs playing it "back in the day" When you got really good though, there was no substitute, in black he was the fastest, most maneuverable, strongest special (besides minion), and had the lowest armor.

Like he should

SaTsuJiN
1 , 2 and black were my absolute favorites.. in order of best (IMO) would be

black

CorderaMitchell
Whats so special about 2, in your opinion?

JToTheP
2 & Black are tied for best, I wish I had PSP to play the new one sad

CorderaMitchell
Its twisted metal 2 portable.

I still like black...

StinkFist462
2 and Black.

§pearhead
3 and 4 sucked...989 studios just kinda came in, and made it suck.

Small Brawl was no treat, either.

Black was the best, but I liked 2's gameplay better.

Spectre and Roadkill were my favs.

CorderaMitchell
I don't know, was I the only one that liked 3 and 4, cause I really did.

Though i'm not picky...

StinkFist462
4 grew on me cause i had nothing else to play for a VERY long time (something like 2 years). so that grey on me, but Black and 2 beat it by a longshot.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by StinkFist462
4 grew on me cause i had nothing else to play for a VERY long time (something like 2 years). so that grey on me, but Black and 2 beat it by a longshot. Yea, they had more weapons on three and four though, a bunch of wierdness.

What was your favorite weapons?

§pearhead
Spectre's special...napalm, gas cans, satellite in TM:B

actually, Manslaughter's and Brimstone's specials were amusing

CorderaMitchell
Mr Grimm's move, reticle, minions special, manslaughters, sweettooth on tm4.

StinkFist462
i always loved homing missiles(sp?)

Skorn254
I don't really have a fav. I liked them all. smile

CorderaMitchell
I was more of a powermissle fan (anything that had little control but mucho power was a choice of mine)

JToTheP
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Its twisted metal 2 portable.

I still like black...

droolio

thats...beautiful.

maybe when I find a PSP emulator I'll get it, I'm not dropping $250 stick out tongue

CorderaMitchell
I wouldn't either, I think it comes with one, I'll have to ask my friend.

He has emulated killer instinct, spiderman, mario, and EVERYTHING.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Whats so special about 2, in your opinion? using the d-pad to bust out those frost bursts or jumps.. that really made for some skillful matches.. especially getting off that crazy special that shoots out all those missiles at once, minion style.. plus I just loved the design.. the level.. the vehicles.. it was just enough newness accompanied with familiarity and creative maps (that had secrets n stuff) that made this game so great.. my favorite levels are the rooftop in I think new york.. paris.. and that aztec looking map with all the lava.. china was a great board too.. lots of driving space and obstacles to use to your advantage

fave car was twister

Tha C-Master
That was what got me about black, also #4 wasn't that bad in that aspect IMO.

#2 was fun, and I hadn't played it in a while, but I know that the movies and stuff ROCKED for tmb.

§pearhead
omg...how could I forget twister (probably because she was only in one)...heh, i loved playing as her, only set back was the cars you caught often ended up bouncing off yourself, not good when your armors that weak.

special loaded so fast though...hehe

Tha C-Master
I liked hammerhead for some odd reason.

On the first one, I did like darkside...

SaTsuJiN

JKozzy
4 was all right. 1 was a good start, but limited. 2 was the best on the PS1, though Black is also my favorite.

Tha C-Master
yes...

§pearhead
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
there was always "Shield" special move by using the d-pad combination

I know. I used that excessively messed

up up right, if I recall correctly...or was that jump? I know jump and shield were similar...

Alpha Centauri
Twisted Metal: World Tour; I more or less played that game EVERY single day after school for about a year after it came out.

-AC

Tha C-Master

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Jump was up,up, up, or up, up, left.

That sounds like the one for psp, but I'm assuming you mean twisted metal 2.

That game came out around 96/97 I think...

Yeah it was called Twisted Metal 2: World Tour.

F*cking incredible.

-AC

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Yeah it was called Twisted Metal 2: World Tour.

F*cking incredible.

-AC Who was your favorite character?

I liked the skyscraper level, and the snow level.

London was the best, blowing up the eiffel tower, darktooth and sweettooth were entertaining.

My friend was a big minion freak, cheap bastard.

Alpha Centauri
That game was just a piece of genius. Such an incredibly simple yet fun game.

Suburbia level was sweet. All the freeways, tunnels etc.

The Big Rooftop in NYC was my favourite. Where you could drop down into the hidden pool area.

Character? Roadkill.

-AC

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
That game was just a piece of genius. Such an incredibly simple yet fun game.

Suburbia level was sweet. All the freeways, tunnels etc.

The Big Rooftop in NYC was my favourite. Where you could drop down into the hidden pool area.

Character? Roadkill.

-AC I'll say the suburbs in black were MUCH more detailed, but for its time TM2 was very consistent.

I like the skyscraper on black as well, environment damage, the church, breaking the billboards to make a path, the secret characters and levels were ENOURMOUS.

Special note that roadkill in TM2 was Minion in TMB

§pearhead
Now, C-Master, that could be percieved as something of a spoiler, but if you continue to translate the things that Marcus Kane tells you about black and the relation to Tm:2 ...you learn that Black never occurs, but rather happens ENTIRELY in S. Tooth's head. Anyone remember Roadkill's Tm:2 ending? He's the only one to wake from the coma, and Calypso says to feel free to visit...he visits in Black.

believe it or not...there WAS a story line to these games yes

Tha C-Master
I interpreted the code, but I never concluded...
Also, was that supposed to be the last one?

SaTsuJiN
they should revamp TM2 and make it online play for the next gen consoles.. I'd love to see all my old faves come back with a higher poly count for some crazy battles

Tha C-Master
They should make a new one like tmb, and go all out with locations and weapons, but make it still simplistic and fun...

StinkFist462
or a remake of Twisted Metal 2 for PS3 or something. or just make a new one in the series. just think of how great that would be on the PS3 or whatever system it will be on.

Movie_Geek_
I think Remakes would be the best. With specile featurs ans tuff. I have TM 2,3,& 4. They where all cool games and would make a good remake.

§pearhead
I want another World Tour (it's less serious, I like it) with the black graphics. Not saying it's bad, but Tm:B is almost too dark at times. World Tour's goofy. I want a new goofy one.

Tha C-Master
They all have the same concept, if they just remember what made the game fun, they will be fine.

More destructable environments and weapons wouldn't hurt, either.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.