The Pixies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SlipknoT
Couldnt Find a thread on them...I just listened to them for basically the first time, some song on VH1 Classics, Pretty Good. Forgot the name of the song But went something like "The sludge from New jersey Crushes Everyone, If the devil is 6, God is 7" If I sound like an idiot dont castrate me its one of the first songs I heard. Anyone Like em?

Alpha Centauri
Monkey Gone to Heaven is the song you heard I believe.

Great band. Always fun to listen to.

-AC

jaden101
lost it a bit in the "Live" department unfortunately...i guess age catches up with the best of 'em...saw them last year and was really looking forward to it...left a tad disappointed...still like them though

RagnaViper
Wow, I haven't listened to these guys in a while. Yeah, they're a solid band. Good stuff.

Morgoths_Wrath
buy Doolittle, it's great stuff

SleaterKinney32
The Pixies RULE. Doolittle is their best, but Surfer Rosa is good too.

'Hey' is my favorite.

ElectricBugaloo
Originally posted by jaden101
lost it a bit in the "Live" department unfortunately...i guess age catches up with the best of 'em...saw them last year and was really looking forward to it...left a tad disappointed...still like them though
you are the first person i've ever heard say they are anything short of brilliant live. this invludes some people who used to see them gig around Boston 20 years ago

jaden101
perhaps it was the gig i saw them at...perhaps it was my high expectations...couldn't help but come away a bit disappointed...still think they're a great band...but thats just the feeling i got from that gig...i know alot of people who say the same thing as you that they thought they were great live...i didn't on that occasion

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by jaden101
perhaps it was the gig i saw them at...perhaps it was my high expectations...couldn't help but come away a bit disappointed...still think they're a great band...but thats just the feeling i got from that gig...i know alot of people who say the same thing as you that they thought they were great live...i didn't on that occasion

Can't be helped, I felt the same at the second Deftones gig I went to.

-AC

Dulcinea
I like pixies..... is a great band..... i have all of their

Victor Von Doom
Surfer Rosa is my favourite Pixies album I think.

Red Superfly
Saw a bit of them this year at Leeds.

Dulcinea
Death to pixies is a oficial album?????????

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Dulcinea
Death to pixies is a oficial album?????????

It's a greatest hits album.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
It's a greatest hits album.
And it's a great Greatest Hits Album, too.

By the way there is another Pixies thread. Maybe they should be merged

The Pixies there might be more.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.