Is this true?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Se7in
Me and my friend were discussing duelists of the PT and he said Dooku was the greatest and the only reason he was killed by Anakin was because Palpatine told Dooku to hold back, and then betrayed him, telling Anakin to kill Dooku. Is this true?

DarthMaul9123
as far as i can tell ....also sids was the biggest coward and betrayed just about all on his sithlike peeps ...plagues case in point

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Se7in
Me and my friend were discussing duelists of the PT and he said Dooku was the greatest and the only reason he was killed by Anakin was because Palpatine told Dooku to hold back, and then betrayed him, telling Anakin to kill Dooku. Is this true?

It's certainly implied in the way the battle was fought, Dooku's demeanor, and something that was in the original script but was omitted. Specifically:

- Dooku doesn't seem to use so much of his refined Makashi in the fight. He gives ground before SKywalker, but keeps Obi-wan on his back at all times.

- He encourages Skywalker to use his anger. Why the hell would he do that, knowing full well what an angered Force user can do unless he was expected to?

- No Sith lightning. No major Force powers used on Anakin. Really, no offensive measures used to maim or kill the boy.

- From the original script, Dooku tells Palpatine (After Palpatine tells Skywalker "Good, Anakin... Good. Now.. Kill him"wink "But you promised me amnesty!" Anakin was supposed to be confused at this point. But that, among other things, was edite out. Hopefully it's in the DvD.

DarthLazious
I agree with Janus on this one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.