My Achilles conspiracy theory!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EsteemedLeader
I think Achilles may have never existed. in the Trojan war (if it ever really happened), i think Prince Hector was offed by a nobody. however, dying in battle to footsoldier 8305 isnt exactly the most glorious death. what if the Trojans created the story of Achilles to glorify Hector? after all, dying valiantly in battle with the worlds greatest warrior sounds pretty cool right? of course, they had to explain why Achilles didnt do anything afterward, so the thought-up the "Achilles Heel". or perhaps there was an actual faceless warrior named Achilles, and after he killed Hector, the Trojans lied up the whole "worlds greatest warrior" bit...

Sir Mist

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Sir Mist

man of few words?

bilb
Originally posted by Sir Mist

agreed messed

MC Mike
I can see Homer now:

D'oh!

EsteemedLeader
oh, i get it, you all think im crazy. a little paranoia and everybody thinks im a wacko. well you people dont realize that all "crazy" means is open-minded. if more people would grasp the fact that stuff like this can, has, and will happen, the world might not be such a stupid place.

Capt_Fantastic
I don't think you're crazy. I mean, Bush made up WMD's in Iraq(greatest threat in the world) to cover up the ass beating we took on 9/11. So, it makes sense.

Was that a bad example to substantiate your theory?

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I don't think you're crazy. I mean, Bush made up WMD's in Iraq(greatest threat in the world) to cover up the ass beating we took on 9/11. So, it makes sense.

Was that a bad example to substantiate your theory?

no, thats a perfect example of "stretching the truth" like im talking about. but what i want to know is, how many people will accept that its possible

GCG
So are you saying that Achilles and Hector never faced off outside the Fortified part of Troy with Greeks and Trojans as spectators, and Achilles is overrated as a warrior ?

Echuu
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
I think Achilles may have never existed. in the Trojan war (if it ever really happened), i think Prince Hector was offed by a nobody. however, dying in battle to footsoldier 8305 isnt exactly the most glorious death. what if the Trojans created the story of Achilles to glorify Hector? after all, dying valiantly in battle with the worlds greatest warrior sounds pretty cool right? of course, they had to explain why Achilles didnt do anything afterward, so the thought-up the "Achilles Heel". or perhaps there was an actual faceless warrior named Achilles, and after he killed Hector, the Trojans lied up the whole "worlds greatest warrior" bit...

Decent theory. Much more acceptable than lizardmen taking over. I still have to disagree though.

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by GCG
So are you saying that Achilles and Hector never faced off outside the Fortified part of Troy with Greeks and Trojans as spectators, and Achilles is overrated as a warrior ?

overrated, no. nonexistant, maybe. these were the high end of the stick. their word was literally law. it could have conveniently been the "will of the gods that Hector fell before the mighty Achilles", if you know what i mean...

Snoopbert
Umm... the Trojan War is still theory.

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Snoopbert
Umm... the Trojan War is still theory.

i know, i dont even think it happened. it was in a book by the same guy that wrote The Odyssey, which is all fake...

§pearhead
Originally posted by MC Mike
I can see Homer now:

D'oh!

now that was funny laughing out loud

Capt_Fantastic
no, thats a perfect example of "stretching the truth" like im talking about. but what i want to know is, how many people will accept that its possible

It's very possible. I mean, look how many people believe that a Santa Clause looking guy is floating in the clouds..watching us...waiting to damn us to a pit of fire for all eternity. As Hitler said...the bigger the lie, the more people will believe it.

And my first example was NOT really meant to be anything more than sarcasm.

GCG
overrated, no. nonexistant, maybe. these were the high end of the stick. their word was literally law. it could have conveniently been the "will of the gods that Hector fell before the mighty Achilles", if you know what i mean...

If its the Greeks telling the story, they are most certainly going to glorify the downfall of Hector, so you have a point.

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by GCG
If its the Greeks telling the story, they are most certainly going to glorify the downfall of Hector, so you have a point.

you mean the Trojans, Hector was prince of Troy. and i believe its definitely possible. it was all about glory in those days

Capt_Fantastic
I think that bottom line, this story did more for the Greeks self-esteem than it did the Trojans. So, your logic is a bit askew. But, at least you consider things like this. It shows potential. Don't forget, these stories helped to create the Greek culture...to bring them all together and actually become "Greeks". It illustrated the potential progress that could come about by a unification of the grecian cultures. Alexander the Great was inspired to conqueror the western world using these storys.

GCG
I meant IF its the Greeks (meet me half way herelaughing out loud_) cause the Trojans could not have kept any records on the events since Troy burnt unless it supposedly spread through the grapevine.

Kosta
Thats the great thing about theories and opinions, they're like assholes, everybody has one stick out tongue.

Good theory though. Anything to back it up?

Bardock42
Originally posted by MC Mike
I can see Homer now:

D'oh!

I would lol now....I don't do that kind of stuff though no expression

Anyways of course Achilles never existed in teh way the Iliad presents him if he did at all...but sure your theory could be a possibility...although the guy who wrote it was Greek not Trojan.....

EsteemedLeader
WAS Homer Greek? or did the Trojans make him up to as an explanation to who would write the book...

Ushgarak
i know, i dont even think it happened. it was in a book by the same guy that wrote The Odyssey, which is all fake...

No, Homer added a very specific part about the clash between Achilles and Agamenon to what was already a very extensive mythology. It was like people writing new King Arthur stuff today.

Fëanor
WAS Homer Greek? or did the Trojans make him up to as an explanation to who would write the book... no...i think he was american. duhr!

nice theory though...

Df02
oh, i get it, you all think im crazy. a little paranoia and everybody thinks im a wacko. well you people dont realize that all "crazy" means is open-minded. if more people would grasp the fact that stuff like this can, has, and will happen, the world might not be such a stupid place.

but Homer wrote the story, and he was Greek confused
and he wrote countless stories that had nothing to do with Troy... and there's been historical references to Homer in other greek findings

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Df02
but Homer wrote the story, and he was Greek confused
and he wrote countless stories that had nothing to do with Troy... and there's been historical references to Homer in other greek findings

even if he was greek, he wasnt actually at the battle. how would he know exactly what went on. and trojans could have "influenced" his story telling, if you know what i mean...

Fëanor
even if he was greek, he wasnt actually at the battle. how would he know exactly what went on. and trojans could have "influenced" his story telling, if you know what i mean... to say that they lost troy and was obliterated from existence? that would be odd...history is written by the victors or something like that.

Bardock42
even if he was greek, he wasnt actually at the battle. how would he know exactly what went on. and trojans could have "influenced" his story telling, if you know what i mean...

That is nonsense now....who ever claied that it was an Historical Accurate Source....you know after only three pages in that book you heard of Gods, Half Gods and other Mythological references...it is not accurate in any way...if there was a Trojan war it surely wasn't like it is portrayed in the Iliad (or in Troy for that matter although this sounds more believable)

Fishy
Originally posted by Bardock42
That is nonsense now....who ever claied that it was an Historical Accurate Source....you know after only three pages in that book you heard of Gods, Half Gods and other Mythological references...it is not accurate in any way...if there was a Trojan war it surely wasn't like it is portrayed in the Iliad (or in Troy for that matter although this sounds more believable)

You are making a huge mistake there.

Gods and half gods everything it was a part of everyday live there, everything that happened happened because of gods. Many people claimed to have seen gods, half gods appeared sometimes. To say this could not have happened because of that is bullshit, because thats how they saw a lot of things.

Alexander claimed he was a god, his mother had claimed the same, the Egyptians pretty much agreed. Doesn't make him any less true.

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Fishy

Gods and half gods everything it was a part of everyday live there, everything that happened happened because of gods. Many people claimed to have seen gods, half gods appeared sometimes. To say this could not have happened because of that is bullshit, because thats how they saw a lot of things.

Alexander claimed he was a god, his mother had claimed the same, the Egyptians pretty much agreed. Doesn't make him any less true.

exactly. if people saw a bird, the gods did it. dropped an apple, gods did it. they were hospitable people only for the thought that their visitors could be gods. not very cool at all...

Bardock42

I didn't say it never happened...I said it can't have happened the way it was protrayed...which is rather obvious ......

As for the Alexander coment..him claiing that he was a god doesn't make him less existing true...but it doesn't make Books aboot him right that say he was a god that lifted 20tons and shot Thunder from his butt hole no expression

EsteemedLeader
do you think its a possibility? dirty Trojan liers? i have many other theories, but theyll get their own threads soon enough...

Bardock42
(auto quote)[/quickquote

Well conspiracies are an easy thing to invent.....now to say the truth I don't think it is true...yes it is possible but not very likely at all....

EsteemedLeader
(auto quote)

likely? either its true, or its not. that sounds like a good 50/50 to me...

Df02
do you think its a possibility? dirty Trojan liers? i have many other theories, but theyll get their own threads soon enough...

please don't become another Deano...
although the longer this goes on the more i think it's a Satyr of him haha - if so, nice 1

Bardock42
likely? either its true, or its not. that sounds like a good 50/50 to me...
It's ore of a good 99/1 against it.........but yes either it's true or it'S not but well...it's probably not....

Fishy
I didn't say it never happened...I said it can't have happened the way it was protrayed...which is rather obvious ......

As for the Alexander coment..him claiing that he was a god doesn't make him less existing true...but it doesn't make Books aboot him right that say he was a god that lifted 20tons and shot Thunder from his butt hole no expression

Well okay, that didn't happen, but there its based on a truth. It almost always is.

Capt_Fantastic
Just because something has been embellished, doesn't mean the base facts are not true.

Bardock42
Well okay, that didn't happen, but there its based on a truth. It almost always is.
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Just because something has been embellished, doesn't mean the base facts are not true.
Yes and I never said that I 100% dismiss it....I am just diosmissing the exagerations.......I hope you do too

I believe that the Trojan war hapened...but I don't know if there was anyone called Achilles in it (could be just fiction...like Rambo or something......actually that's a pretty good example...I don't doubt that the Vietnam War happened but Rambo is fictional......), and for his conspiracy well.....I don't see any base top assume that on actually......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.