He was finally...like a proper superhero!...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@t
In begins, Batman was a ninja, he had been trained by ninja's to learn to fight, to learn how to disappear and practically become invisable. I thought that was great! It made him like a super-human.

In the old movies I found nothing special about Batman. It was like he trained himself how to become invisable and to disappear, and that's just stupid, he could not teach himself how to do that. He was too ordinary in the old movies and it didn't seem like he had a real major reason to be Batman. But in this it was like he had super-powers, he was a ninja! He wasn't ordinary! He HAD a real reason to become Batman.

Brilliant how he was portrayed, don't ya' think?

Altar[1stONE]
absolutly

Scarecrow756
Yes he seems more then ordinary the way he is portrayed in Batman Begins.

WindDancer
Originally posted by BlackC@t
I thought that was great! It made him like a super-human.

Agree, and that was one of the best moments in the film. To finally see Bruce Wayne training himself for his fight agaisn't injustice. Very inspirational indeed.

ewomack
"Batman Begins" completely kicked the sorry butts of the previous Batman movies. It felt more like the Bob Kane days when he was more of a "Dark Knight" (and before the 1940 introduction of Robin). Great movie all around.

Does anyone know if a sequel is planned? Or is the reference to Joker at the end just a reference to the Tim Burton "Batman" movie?

Mr Parker
thats exactly why the other Batman movies sucked and why Batman Begins is 10 times better than thiose films.They showed why he is such a superhero not to be messed with.That is the batman from the comics.The first batman movie was a disgrace to his character,they made him into a wuss who got the crap beat out of him.Hollywood finally did justice to my 2nd favorite comicbook character.Maybe they will learn something from Nolan and do my favorite comicbook character justice sometime before I am an old man in the future as well. big grin

BlackC@t
I agree with you, Mr Parker.

I like the first Batman, it's just that there wasn't anything special about him. He was too ordinary. It just wasn't believable that a man could train himself to 'disappear' and it just wasn't plausable how he used his cape to glide, there was no reason, it was just an ordinary piece of material which he had no real reason for apart to look 'pretty.'

It's just hard to explain, they made him a ninja in this movie, which I thought was great. But in the other movies, he was not a ninja, he was normal, nothing special about him, he had somehow 'magically' taught himself to disappear and stuff, tch! yeah right! Like a man with no ninja training could teach himself to do that stuff rolleyes1...

sevenman
yea

sevenman
He was too ordinary. It just wasn't believable that a man could train himself to 'disappear' and it just wasn't plausable how he used his cape to glide, there was no reason, it was just an ordinary piece of material which he had no real reason for apart to look 'pretty.' Bob Kane originally wanted to put a flying device invented by Leonardo Da Vinci on Batman's back but they shun him and told him to make the cape more flowing in favor of the more-popular-at-the-time Superman. Bob Kane made this Batman kind of look like he was wearing Leonardo Da Vinci's device but soon it would become flowing and DC Comics would eventually kick him off in favor of an artist who had better drawing talent for the uprising and gay 1950's Batman. Finally. Bob Kane gets some justice from the dark knight.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by BlackC@t
I agree with you, Mr Parker.

I like the first Batman, it's just that there wasn't anything special about him. He was too ordinary. It just wasn't believable that a man could train himself to 'disappear' and it just wasn't plausable how he used his cape to glide, there was no reason, it was just an ordinary piece of material which he had no real reason for apart to look 'pretty.'

It's just hard to explain, they made him a ninja in this movie, which I thought was great. But in the other movies, he was not a ninja, he was normal, nothing special about him, he had somehow 'magically' taught himself to disappear and stuff, tch! yeah right! Like a man with no ninja training could teach himself to do that stuff rolleyes1...

I never thought about that but thats a good point.what I was referring to was the fact that him being the martial arts expert he is,a guy who was trained by ninja's-which is true,the batman from the comics was trained in all forms of combat,that being the case,Batman Begins did his character justice unlike batman 89 did.Batman 89 was a disgrace because he got the crap beat out of him by ONE goon-the jokers goon at the end.where the batman from the comics could easily have beat that guy blindfolded,so could the batman from batman begins because it stayed loyal to the comics.Batman is trained in all forms of combat so a guy like that goon of the jokers is someone batman would easily have been able to beat blindfolded.the apologists however like to use that poor and laughable excuse that he was hurt from the plane crash and thats why he could not handel that guy,which is laughable because its not like he was severely injured or anything like that.He had a couple of scrapes and bruises,big deal,its not like he had two broken legs aor anything like that so there was no excuse for him to not easily have been able to beat that guy,see what I mean? thats what i was referring to.Please tell me you see eye to eye with me on this and agree on this point that the batman 89 movie disgraced his character making him look like a wuss like that? big grin btw,the only thing about batman 89 that makes it worth sitting through for me,is the scenes with kim basinger. big grin I fast forward through all the other scenes that dont have her in it. big grin

braz
lol word^^ i feel ya....all yall..yes, finally..a batman movie actually portrayed batman as being someone or some"thing" intimidating...he has the power of 6-10 men in a fist fight, supreme agility, strength, stealth tactics, and a cape for flight w/ a whole buncha badass gadgets...yea...thats freakin cool in my opinion...rather than seein some stiff dressed up in a batsuit that no one in hell would figure out where it came from with no powers or skills...just gadgets..(except for stealth, but like yall said they didnt explain it)....this is one of the many reasons batman begins topped all the other batman movies....batman had skills and abilities which made him intimidating, explained in detail how 'Batman Began' with all the gadgets, (n the batmobile, the batcave ect. ), had a better storyline with raw emotion, it was way more believable with a reason for him to be "Batman", better acting cast, better batsuit, and batmobile which kicked total ass, and what i think makes it so great, and i dont mean to sound disloyal, but within the first hour of the movie it doesnt even seem like a batman movie......just a regular movie.....like its not like u just pop in the movie and hes fightin crime like all the other bat movies..n all these questions come to mind, how did all this begin, the batcave, batmobile, the suit, ect ect. Batman Begins answers all that....

DarkAge
I'm glad the complex origin of Batman was finally explained in a movie (at least as much as it could've been in a 2 hour and 40 minute movie), but I'm also glad that in the sequel Batman will be Batman from the Beginning, so it won't need as much expostition and more focus can be given to the action.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by braz
lol word^^ i feel ya....all yall..yes, finally..a batman movie actually portrayed batman as being someone or some"thing" intimidating...he has the power of 6-10 men in a fist fight, supreme agility, strength, stealth tactics, and a cape for flight w/ a whole buncha badass gadgets...yea...thats freakin cool in my opinion...rather than seein some stiff dressed up in a batsuit that no one in hell would figure out where it came from with no powers or skills...just gadgets..(except for stealth, but like yall said they didnt explain it)....this is one of the many reasons batman begins topped all the other batman movies....batman had skills and abilities which made him intimidating, explained in detail how 'Batman Began' with all the gadgets, (n the batmobile, the batcave ect. ), had a better storyline with raw emotion, it was way more believable with a reason for him to be "Batman", better acting cast, better batsuit, and batmobile which kicked total ass, and what i think makes it so great, and i dont mean to sound disloyal, but within the first hour of the movie it doesnt even seem like a batman movie......just a regular movie.....like its not like u just pop in the movie and hes fightin crime like all the other bat movies..n all these questions come to mind, how did all this begin, the batcave, batmobile, the suit, ect ect. Batman Begins answers all that....

yeah,that is so right on why we finally got a great batman movie. Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.