Rome: new from HBO

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
the new big budget series from HBO (co produced with the BBC) begins soon on yankee tv...i only hope that it finds its way over the pond sooner rather than later

looks good...check it out

http://www.hbo.com/rome/

Fëanor
I've seen it so far...and it is good! the writing on par, the action typical...and the actors are great! Still...I'd rather that HBO had concluded Carnivale properly before going on to this one tbh...

jaden101
well it got a bit quiet in the middle...and went out with some of the most gory dismemberments on the small screen...titus pullo is the man...chopped off a guys head with his own shield...legs and arms were flying and he laid waste a shed load of gladiators...move over maximus

Eis
I'm still in the first season of the show. Very entretaining and great cast, I love Niobe very well written character and good actress too.

James Purefoy's in this show as well, as Marc Anthony and while I love the actor Marc Anthony is just too damn annoying in the series. Octavian's great too, love the character.

eleveninches
there is meant to be a second series starting soon, so that will probably deal with how the senate declares caesar's nephew as the new emperor

MildPossession
Didn't get much out of it, but did enjoy watching the characters Atia, and her daughter Octavia.

eleveninches
I didnt see as much of it as I had planned on seeing, but what I did see was rather good

lordofwar
There is only one more episode left.

Jimmy Cokes
It's the most amazing show ever!

I'm all about Lucius Vorenus. He's such a good character.

I'm sad it's over sad

LORDSIDIOUS01
Rome was a great show. It is very sad that the BBC and HBO didn't want to continue such a wonderful and well acted show.

Smasandian
Loved the first season.....wasnt too fond of the second. Stopped watching it after the big battle between Brutus, Cassius and Antony and Augustis.

Is the show over now?

forumcrew
Yea last night was the Series Finale. Its too bad I love most of HBO's shows but they go away too quick.

Smasandian
I think the problem for me for this one is that because it was the last season, they tried to put into so much history in a such a short amount of time. It might feel kinda lost to me.

The first season was right on the money in terms of pacing.

FishDontFly
I finished both Season 1 and Season 2 of Rome. and it was pure badass.

I crave more, but nothing else is really quite like it. Any info on whether there will be a Season 3?

dant3g0
I doubt there will still be more season 3. It ended just perfectly. Unlike in season 1 where there are still alot of significant people left alive.

Smasandian
There not making anymore Rome's.

Too expensive.

BruceSkywalker
Shame that Rome ended. because it was a great show. I blame HBO and the other studio.

jaden101
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Shame that Rome ended. because it was a great show. I blame HBO and the other studio.

"the other studio"?...that'll be the BBC then?...the worlds largest media broadcasting group

but yeah...Rome was brilliant...i made a thread before the 1st season came out and it got about 3 replies....pretty much sums up what happened to Rome...it died from lack of interest...shame really cause it was one of the best dramas i've ever seen

Ushgarak
It had actually reached a concluding point. It had rushed to get there- Season 2 clearly covered ground that they would have liked to have done in two seasons- but there is not much more for them to do before they start to overlap with I Claudius, which I suspect they are loathe to do (especially the BBC).

They could do a tv movie to tie up any loose ends and have Octavian become Augustus but that's about all. As soon as Marcellus (Octavia's son) becomes City Magistrate and Agrippa resents him for that, feeling that Augustus has abandoned him, I Claudius has started.

(Mind you, any tv movie would have to explain how completely and utterly wrong Atia was about Livia- there was never a greater or more dangerous woman than Livia. Mind you, Atia's personality is 100% made up in Rome anyway)

ragesRemorse
Two seasons felt appropriate. The quality of the shows were very high quality. The production, writing and acting rivals the quality of most films. Each season had a story to tell that would be told over an entire seasons worth of episodes. It is very easy to watch the two seasons of Rome as stand alone serials apart. I am glad that the series didn't have a chance to become redundant and sloppy.

FlappingMangera
I enjoyed this a lot. I liked season 1 a bit more because the pacing was better and Pullo and Vorenus were better as a team together. It was all very good though.

Movie tragic
Great show. Very well done. The story and relationship between Lucius Vorenus + Titus Pullo was exceptional.

Fallen
i actually just got through watching the last episode. not sure what to think.

season 1 was far superior. overall, good series.

jaden101
Yeah it does kind of collapse a bit towards the end of season 2...I still like the bit with Pullo and Caesarion and the "listen..about your father"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.