Daredevil vs Punisher: Means and Ends

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Anyone reading this so far? If so, discuss it here, whether you like or dislike it.

pr1983
Ive read a couple of issues, i liked it... good read imo...

SnakeEyes
Well, I've only read the first issue, but it was cool. Anyone know how many issues there are supposed to be?

8bitChris
6 I think. It's pretty good so far.

SnakeEyes
Okay, I just read the first 3 and I like it, but it seems as though they didn't do the Punisher justice. I mean, he gets his ass handed to him in like every fight he's in so far.

pr1983
well dd is a better fighter, and he has an advantage doesnt he?

Droopy
Dude this is hard but I think the Punisher is more willing to fight dirty and do whatever it takes to win.

Droopy
So I think by the end of this Punisher will come out on top since he has be gettin F***ed up.

SnakeEyes
I hope Punisher kicks DD's ass by the end of the serious...

jrodslam
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I hope Punisher kicks DD's ass by the end of the serious...

I hope not. DD rocks!

SnakeEyes
Wow, I said serious instead of series....

Well, all I'm saying is that the Punisher has been getting wasted even if he's not fighting Daredevil; which is just wrong!

ScarletSpider
Punisher said it himself, DD is faster and a better fighter. But then he said something like "I can take it. I'm a house." Which really holds true to Frank's character. If it fits into his plan, he'll take a beating. He got his ass handed to him by Daredevil, so now DD will think that he's laying low and recooperating, which is far from the truth.

SnakeEyes
I guess you're right... I just hope that in the next couple issues, its part of his plan to kick some ass.

SnakeEyes
BUMP.... Well, issue 4 is out and I've read it/am somewhat dissapointed with it. Anyone else read it?

SnakeEyes
Is anyone else reading this series?

In issue four, I was dissapointed because DD basically beat the shite outta the Punisher.... again...

jgiant
Punisher will kill DD in the end and he'll never return to the marvel universe, maybe as a ghost or maybe even a new ghost DD, or maybe they will do a series with DD taking on demons in hell and even kickboxing with satan...all that matters is that punisher finally killed that punk ass, blind sob...

SnakeEyes
I don't think that's gonna happen...

Anyone else reading this?

jrodslam
I loved it. Daredevil rocks.

wolverine8888
I own the whole thing they tie in the end

jrodslam
Yea after Daredevil whooping his ass for about 4 comics lol.

wolverine8888
ya but as punisher said it was doling back and DD new it. DD knows punisher would neevr shot to kill and punisher said him self if he aint willing to shot to kill it aint a fair match for him.

jrodslam
Well yea, Punisher mentioned that DD knows he wont kill him, thats when in the NEXT issue, he got the tranquilizers. Thats when Daredevil said....

"Im glad the tranquilizer darts make you feel competitive, Frank. But you still cant tag me."

Then Daredevil continues to whoop Punishers ass.

SnakeEyes
I haven't read issue 6 yet, on account of my local comic shop not having it. Really want to though...

roughrider
Punisher goes over the edge in this, doesn't he? Shoots a nearby innocent person trying shoot at DD, drops his gun in horror at what he just did, and gets clobbered by DD.

jrodslam
Originally posted by roughrider
Punisher goes over the edge in this, doesn't he? Shoots a nearby innocent person trying shoot at DD, drops his gun in horror at what he just did, and gets clobbered by DD.

Yup. That happened in issue 4 i think. Issue 5, Punisher is being chased by gang members trying to kill him, but Daredevil helps him out. In issue 6, they have the final battle and its bloody. Its pretty much a stalemate for the most part. When they were interrupted, Daredevil had Punisher on the floor by the throat. Would DD have klled him? Who knows.

Great series.

SnakeEyes
I read the final issue a while ago, and I kinda liked the ending, except for the fact that the fight never really got resolved... I didn't really expect it too though.

Now I'm reading the Punisher vs. Bullseye mini; man, I'm a sucker for versus minis.

roughrider
Originally posted by jgiant
Punisher will kill DD in the end and he'll never return to the marvel universe, maybe as a ghost or maybe even a new ghost DD, or maybe they will do a series with DD taking on demons in hell and even kickboxing with satan...all that matters is that punisher finally killed that punk ass, blind sob...

Well, by the end, both have broken limbs, but Frank is down on the ground with DD's hand on his throat. Frank acknowledges DD is a smarter fighter, who has a counter for every move he does. Would things be different if Frank was willing to gun him down, without hesitation? Not really. Lots of DD's enemies shoot to kill all the time, and he gets around them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.