Which infinity gem would you choose?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Creshosk
Each gem is smooth and oblong, and about the length of a man's hand.
The seven gems, and a partial list of their owners are:

Time Gem (orange/red*) - Control over the flow of time.
Owners: Gardener, Thanos, Gamora
Space Gem (purple) - Control over space, allowing instantaneous travel across vast distances.
Owners: Runner, Thanos, Pip the Troll
Power Gem (red/pink*) - Increases physical strength and endurance.
Owners: Champion, Thanos, Drax the Destroyer
Soul Gem (green) - Control over the soul.
Owners: In-Betweener, Thanos, Adam Warlock
Mind Gem (blue) - Allows mind control and vastly enhances the holder's intellect.
Owners: Grandmaster, Thanos, Moondragon
Reality Gem (yellow) - Control over reality itself, creating and uncreating matter and energy.
Owners: Collector, Thanos
Ego Gem (gold) - contains the consciousness of Infiniti, when merged with the other gems reforms the cosmic entity the gems were once part of. Also grants the wielder the ability to manipulate dimensional energies. It was not one of the original six gems, but was formed when Loki attempted to steal the other gems from the existing holders.
Owners: Sersi, Loki
* Prior to The Infinity Gauntlet the Time Gem was orange and the Power Gem was Red, currently the Time Gem is red and the Power Gem is pink.

You can pick one and only one, after picking one the others are sealed away from you permenantly.

Which one would you pick, and why?

Richrf
Reality, cos you control reality. Hard to beat.

masterbruce
Gems I would eliminate right off the bat:
Ego Gem - pointless
Power Gem - nice gem, but not nearly as interesting as the other gems
Space Gem - see power gem

Gems I Would Consider:
Time Gem - time travel would be awesome
Soul Gem - sounds interesting, but do I really want to control souls
Mind Gem - mind control would be pretty cool

My Chosen Gem:
Reality Gem - my imagination would be my only limit to what I could do and this gem is exponentially better than the other gems, combined!

manjaro
reality seems to be the general concensus, i have seen thanos use it to bring captain marvel back to life just to ask him a question...then unwished him soon after....thats hot!

K Von Doom
Originally posted by masterbruce
Gems I would eliminate right off the bat:
Ego Gem - pointless

What's the 'Ego' gem?

I'm pretty sure the gems aren't as big as a man's hand, else Warlock's head would be pretty big.

golem370
I would love the Power gem myself

long pig
Originally posted by K Von Doom
What's the 'Ego' gem?

I'm pretty sure the gems aren't as big as a man's hand, else Warlock's head would be pretty big.
They are more like a baby's arm holding an apple.

BeefTallowBoy
the reality gem bcause i could create everysingle other gem

King Kandy
Everyones picks Reality gem...

But they forget it can't be used without the other gems.

Dinalfos
In a world with other super powered beings: reality or time.

In a world without super powered beings: power gem. I think it would feel good to be the physically strongest being on the planet. It would make me immortal in the eyes of a normal human.

Howard_Jones
I'd prefer the space gem.

outavodka
time i kill you all ant take your gems

King Kandy
Space.

Without cosmic awareness, Reality's too much for your mind to comprehend... And the space gem seems to have the most practical usage...

Mr Master
The way that Rune stole all the Infinity Gems from Warlock & the Infinity Watch, was by getting the Time Gem first:

He acquires the Time Gem first from Maxim, and from there it's easy pickings as he stops Time, and everything freezes.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/1420/2us3.th.jpg

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/4303/3ro3.th.jpg

He gets the rest of the Gems with little effort, except when he bumps into Warlock

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/1590/4fk8.th.jpg

Warlock transported himself into the Soul Gem, same trick he pulled on Nebula, but this time the Soul Gem betrayed him and helped Rune inside of Soul World.

I'd pick the Time Gem,

There's a saying that goes,

"Time and Me against any Two"

grey fox
Time.

I'd be immortal , able to simply de-age myself , and then if anyone wants to try and get 'up in my face' i'll simply age them to dust.

Mider999
Originally posted by Creshosk
Each gem is smooth and oblong, and about the length of a man's hand.
The seven gems, and a partial list of their owners are:

Time Gem (orange/red*) - Control over the flow of time.
Owners: Gardener, Thanos, Gamora
Space Gem (purple) - Control over space, allowing instantaneous travel across vast distances.
Owners: Runner, Thanos, Pip the Troll
Power Gem (red/pink*) - Increases physical strength and endurance.
Owners: Champion, Thanos, Drax the Destroyer
Soul Gem (green) - Control over the soul.
Owners: In-Betweener, Thanos, Adam Warlock
Mind Gem (blue) - Allows mind control and vastly enhances the holder's intellect.
Owners: Grandmaster, Thanos, Moondragon
Reality Gem (yellow) - Control over reality itself, creating and uncreating matter and energy.
Owners: Collector, Thanos
Ego Gem (gold) - contains the consciousness of Infiniti, when merged with the other gems reforms the cosmic entity the gems were once part of. Also grants the wielder the ability to manipulate dimensional energies. It was not one of the original six gems, but was formed when Loki attempted to steal the other gems from the existing holders.
Owners: Sersi, Loki
* Prior to The Infinity Gauntlet the Time Gem was orange and the Power Gem was Red, currently the Time Gem is red and the Power Gem is pink.

You can pick one and only one, after picking one the others are sealed away from you permenantly.

Which one would you pick, and why?

i might be wrong but the only gem i see with the least drawbacks is the reality gem.

the space gem is traveling anywhere you want, might get boring after a while and all it means is if your being hunted down you can find a new hole to live in but thats just my opinion

the power gem needs its weilder to have a certain mastery over it doesnt it, i mean thor and drax had it but where still not able to over power thanos so im guessing they just didnt have what it took to unlock its full potential.

mind gem same as above also the fact that warlock messed with it so it cant be used to its full potential

time gem, hmmm i guess this would be cool to have i dont know about anyone using this item though.

the most fun one would be the reality gem i dont know if it was a canon comic but i saw thanos recreate captain marvel.

oh and i forgot the soul gem also has draw backs it will drain you too if you use it, sucky side effect

DarkCrawler
No contest, time gem.

Martian_mind
Time FTW

Wally West
Reality.

guy222
i would chose the reality gem, mastery over all reality

NiņoAraņa
time, make anyone i want, live with me forever evil face

Galan007
I would have picked the Reality Gem, but it is nearly impossible to control without the other Gems......

So my pick next choice would definatley be the Time Gem

Alfheim
I would take the mind gem, because if you can have a powerful mind you can find other ways to boost your power even further. Thats why intelligent humans are so dangerous.

grey fox
Originally posted by Alfheim
I would take the mind gem, because if you can have a powerful mind you can find other ways to boost your power even further. Thats why intelligent humans are so dangerous.

Intelligence isn't always a good thing. Look at Rhino , he was going to kill himself because he was to smart for his own good...

outarddwarf
Power gem, I always liked the idea of strength and durability. I am not looking to be the most powerful ever, just strong and durable is all I want.

Alfheim
Originally posted by grey fox
Intelligence isn't always a good thing. Look at Rhino , he was going to kill himself because he was to smart for his own good...

The Rhino.....you havin a laugh....when did this happen did he get a boost of intelligence or something?

DarkCrawler
If Reality Gem worked without others, I would probably take it, but the sheer potential in ANYTHING Time Gem gives you is just too much to put down. I can't think of situation where total control of time isn't uself. Make a mistake in something? Go back in time few minutes...want to see the lottery numbers? Go to future. Slow down time to win races...stop it completely to have time to prepare in anything...speed it up to skip out the boring stuff in your life...endless potential.

Wally West
Thanos has used the reality gem without others:

http://img54.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vell25dz.jpg

I think its easily the most powerful of the 6, which is why it was given to Thanos to guard.

DarkCrawler
Yeah, but Thanos is...Thanos. None of us would not be able to use it nearly as well...but I guess I'd take it if I was capable of controlling time with it as well.

Wally West
I guess so, Thanos does say few minds could grasp the possibilities of it. These are from the Thanos respect thread, scans from Thanos' Quest, he describes each gem:

http://img232.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img232&image=infinity21rr.jpg (Time)
http://img230.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img230&image=infinity33ci.jpg (Space)
http://img228.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img228&image=infinity41fs.jpg (Mind)
http://img219.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img219&image=infinity53ut.jpg (Power)
http://img213.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img213&image=infinity63me.jpg (Soul)
http://img211.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img211&image=infinity76zo.jpg (Reality)

Stupid Rookie
Is it bad that I just keep thinking of ways which these gems would help me get women?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Tiem Gem, With it you can look into the future and see anyone who migh attack you before they do, You can speed up things, like traveling, all while keeping your self in stasis, so no time actually passes for you. You can be immortal. You can de age or age anything.

K3VIL
Reality Gem is hard to use, Thanos with his experience of reality manipulation through IG and Cosmic Cube could use it, but with no knowledge of the power of the RG the results would be devastating.
Power Gem is the better choice.
Enhance strength/durability/reflexes and gave you energy emission ability, plus immortality cause your body now feed on the gem and so you don't need to eat or breath.It's a good power set of his own.

King Kandy
Reality gem can't be used alone...
The same was said of time, though this is blatantly untrue.
Soul not only has little practical usage, but also gradualy takes you over...
Mind had it's power limited, though it's still good.
Space would be awesome.
Power gem is cool, but by itself isn't very interesting. You'd get bored quick.

Space or Mind, hmm...

masterbruce
Wouldn't reality gem be able to duplicate the powers of all the other gems?

I mean you can alter reality, so you can go back in time, be super powerful, be immortal, whatever...

infiniteMyojin
well here is the problem with the reality gem:
you can only change that which you know of reality.
meaning you can only change reality from the moment that you possess the gem. you'd need the time gem to alter the past reality.
and the mind gem to know all that you have changed.
with out it you can only know of the visual changes for sure.
and as the comic series sub-text defines. you can't directly effect the other gems. such as willing them into your hand. which happen to fall more under space gems abilities anyways.
now the mind gem allows it owner to know everything about everything.
like how to get around the whole "only one gem" and how to get to where they are. but the resources may not be so easy to get a hold of.
but the only gem that never truly expresses it over all powers is the Ego gem. it's known to be able to transport it controller to other dimensions. which bends the laws of Reality and space. As well as grant the knowledge of it's existence. the only down fall is that you end up being possessed by the gem and then seek out the others to become one again.
so i think i'd just stick with Infinite knowledge of all things.
and use the knowledge to attain unlimited power.
(which opts out the power gem once again!)

carnage52
reality **** not tbeing ale to comprehed id warp reality so i could comprehend it.

gobstakid777
reality gem.

Bouboumaster
I will choose Power Gem, it's the only one I could master without having super power and still kick ass.

Slaanesh
Reality Gem assuming i can use it..

gobstakid777
I'd use the reality gem to create an infinite powered cosmic cube

peejayd
* Reality... close second is Time, then Mind... if TS allows a 2nd gem, still those three, but have the Power to back it up... smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.