The yank(US) aka Green Street(uk)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deano
anyone seen this? any good?

A wrongfully expelled Harvard undergrad moves to London, where he is introduced to the violent undeworld of soccer hooliganism.

staring Elijah Wood

jaden101
frodo baggins as a headhunter....so much for suspension of disbelief

Deano
lol yeh

i hope he gets his head kicked in

MildPossession
I am looking forwards to it, I am getting more and more interested in where Elijah Wood is going at the moment.

Deano
whens it out in england?

MildPossession
Suppose to be 9th September here.

Deano
cool, i'll be off to the cinemas that day

gshkris7272
i didnt know it was going to england? i thought it was only going to like New York, Chicogo and L.A
well if you go to there official site you can get all the times and stuff..

Deano
really good film, i enjoyed it immensly

Wolfie
Originally posted by Deano
lol yeh

i hope he gets his head kicked in
Decapitated Eljiah Wood is always good (Sin City).

forumcrew
where did you get the yank for the us title? ive only seen it called green street houligans.

Deano
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385002/

Also Known As:
Green Street (UK) (new title)
Green Street Hooligans (USA) (new title)
The Yank (USA) (working title)

KillTheLight
just watched this movie..thought it was excellent really enjoyed it thumb up

gshkris7272
yeah, lucky you can ssee it, im getting the movie as soon as it comes out!smile

Solo
I heard about this, watched the trailer, seems very interesting. I'll probably have to wait for the DVD though.

Mando
Interesting.

DVD material? or Renting material?

I can't Decide.

gshkris7272
Originally posted by Solo
I heard about this, watched the trailer, seems very interesting. I'll probably have to wait for the DVD though.

yeah me too.

get the dvd.

MildPossession
Renting material imo, didn't like it at all, disappointed.

gshkris7272
why didnt you like the rental??

Deano
http://joechung.org/stereo/2005/11/20/terence-jay-one-blood/

great song off the movie

Ya Krunk'd Floo
It's a pathetic film that sensationalizes hooliganism as a bonding experience between friends. It was almost laughable in the way it touted a code of ethics produced from fighting other like-minded thugs:

"Uh, if you fight with me, uh, then, we, uh, can be, uh friends cos, uh we can, uh trust each other, uh!" - wow, that's profound!

Also, I couldn't think of a more inappropriate final scene. It was awful.

gshkris7272
meh. well ermm everyone has oppinions..

Ya Krunk'd Floo
True, everyone has an opinion, but I'm pretty sure only you have an 'oppinion' - because that's a made-up word, isn't it? Yes, it is.

Deano
its good to pass a couple hours. best not to take those kind of filsm too seriously. but yes i can see your point krunk

MildPossession
I agree with everything Ya Krunk'd Floo said about the movie Green Street.

Marc Warren was good in the film, enjoy watching him, but nothing else appealed to me in the movie. And Claire Forlani(sp?) was awful.

Tygergirl
Hi well its out in england now ITS MY FAVOURITE FILM and is totally great and btw CHARLIE HUNNAM IS MINE AND NO ONE WILL EVER STEAL HIM FROM ME OK?!!!argue

Morning_Glory
loved this movie. really good

but I think its called "Green Street Hooligans" in america

Myth
When will this be on DVD in the U.S.?

gshkris7272
Originally posted by Tygergirl
Hi well its out in england now ITS MY FAVOURITE FILM and is totally great and btw CHARLIE HUNNAM IS MINE AND NO ONE WILL EVER STEAL HIM FROM ME OK?!!!argue

i dont think so b*otch. hes mine.

Aku
I liked it actually i thought it was good, however they should have used some other kid in the movie not Frodo, I think it they put samwise gamgee in it would have worked out better big grin

gshkris7272
i dont know about sam wise gamgee, but i just saw it, and it was so good. it was quite sad when charlie hunnam(pete) died but, i actually didnt believe it at first, i was shocked. (even though i already knew he was going to) When Elijah(Mat) was singing at the end and you could here charlie singing too, that was sad:'(!

gshkris7272
sad

C-Dic
Mixed reviews from everyone else, as expected.

I had been holding onto it for the past 3 days, and finally got to watch it this morning, and loved every second of it. I thought it was going to be a shallow, stereotypical film about football hoods, and in reality, it wasn't. You've got Buckner visiting his sister in Jolly Old, and he gets a little taste of the culture, albeit through some tough love at first, but worms his way into the violent, and obviously real life sports culture. I thought his adaptation to his new surroundings was fascinating, personally. Elijah Wood hasn't had a bad movie in a LONG time, and to follow up "Everything Is Illuminated" with this one was a great move.

Personally, I could had settled for a true to life shockumentary style film about football firms, but to apply it with an outsider, add some solid drama, and real consequences to it made it all the more enjoyable. Of the entire movie, my favorite scene was when Steve Dunham was exiting the pub, and then it was revealed that he was once the infamous head of the firm, my jaw dropped.

Anywho, it comes highly recommended from me.

Myth
I thought the movie was really good. I'm surprised most of you seem to be against it.

gshkris7272
IM NOTbig grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.