Darth Maul vs. ROTJ Luke and ANH Obi-wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Glentract
If Luke took Qui-gon's place and TMP Obi-wan was subsituted for ANH Obi-wan could they defeat Darth Maul?

darthsith19
The Jedi. Obi doesn't fight well alongside other Jedi, but he could choke Maul while Luke duels him, or something, it wouldn't be much but it'd be enough. Some people would actually think Luke could do this alone.

MAKASHIMAN
The Jedi have this. Maul becomes a Sith burger.

Darth_Glentract
I expected it to be closer than this. Obi-wan is pretty good and (although I think Luke alone could take Maul in a Dark Rage state) most people don't think Luke is very good.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by darthsith19
The Jedi. Obi doesn't fight well alongside other Jedi, but he could choke Maul while Luke duels him, or something, it wouldn't be much but it'd be enough. Some people would actually think Luke could do this alone.

Why would Obi-Wan Kenobi, a jedi who follows the code, choke another living being with the Force?

PloKoonDevotee
He wouldn't but he should. Anywho, I think Luke could take Maul by Himself, but I really really want Maul to win.

Darth_Glentract
That's what I think, that Luke alone could defeat Maul, but I was pretty sure I was the only one.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Why would Obi-Wan Kenobi, a jedi who follows the code, choke another living being with the Force?
Luke did. No one ever said a Jedi couldn't use Force Choke on people.

Darth Zayzia
Originally posted by darthsith19
Luke did. No one ever said a Jedi couldn't use Force Choke on people.

I don't recall Luke ever proclaiming that he followed the Jedi Code.

Darth_Janus
That's because he doesn't. And darthsith19, the jedi follow peace and harmony in the galaxy. Force choking is an aggressive and evil tactic. Luke should never have done such a thing in ROTJ. But he also almost slew his father out of hate, and later on he turned to the darkside for a time, so obviously he had a long way to go. Like Jabba said "Bah, he's no jeedai!"

And the idea that ROTJ Luke can take Maul? Please, convince me.

Darth_Glentract
I've tried. I still think that Luke beat Vader fair and mech-vader beat Maul's clone. So Luke could beat Maul.

Sorgo
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
I've tried. I still think that Luke beat Vader fair and mech-vader beat Maul's clone. So Luke could beat Maul.

Sorgo
Vader had to stab himself to defeat Darth Maul.

Alot of people here understimate Maul because he was killed by a Padawan. Does everyone remember how he killed a Powerful Jedi Master?

Darth_Janus
Yeah, didn't he kill two of them?

Darth_Glentract
ya, Maul killed one in shadow hunter and then another padawon tried to kill him, but was killed in process.

Fishy
ANH Obi is the only challenge here for Maul, and I have no idea how he would stock up agaisnt Maul. He has to be a Form III master by then, and he could be far more powerful with the force. On the other hand he could have been doing nothing for 20 years in which case he would be weaker then he was in ROTS.

Still my guess is with Luke and Obi Wan, purely becuase of Obi Wan. Luke would get owned fast.

darth-yoda
ANH obi could beat maul alone with luke maul is BBQ sith

Darth Faunus
Snap, I thought this was TPM Obi. :P

Maul gets owned. Ridiculously owned.

darthsith19
That's because he doesn't. And darthsith19, the jedi follow peace and harmony in the galaxy. Force choking is an aggressive and evil tactic. Luke should never have done such a thing in ROTJ. But he also almost slew his father out of hate, and later on he turned to the darkside for a time, so obviously he had a long way to go. Like Jabba said "Bah, he's no jeedai!"
Well, I still say the Jedi, Obi could throw objects at Maul, then.

Hey Janus, who do you think would win between Maul and the Jedi?

Darth_Janus
In this fight?

Well, ANH Obi-Wan doesn't go all out on Vader, so his skill is sketchy at best. But if he aged anything like Yoda and Dooku, he would be considerable with his Form II mastery and experience, and he would dominate Maul on his own. ROTJ Luke, with his inexperience, is a weak link here, but he would probably work well with Obi-Wan, since they share a master-apprentice bond; it may have some reprocussions on their ability to work together in combat by sensing one another's actions through the force. Just watch the TPM Duel of Fates as Qui Gon Jinn feints and Obi-Wan is right on top of it with an overhead attack. Master-apprentice teams have an edge over other such teams in that regard.

ssj3gohan007
There are many outcomes

Such as Luke jumping on top of Maul trying to choke him with his barehands while ANH obi-wan takes him out.

thats just an example

Makashi
Luke and Anakin.

ssj3gohan007
Anakin? obi-wan you mean

Makashi
Sorry I am drunk or somethin........

ssj3gohan007
its ok

Makashi
Thx. You know I have been wanting to talk to someone about my problem. MOMMY WHY WON'T YOU HUG ME?!!?...............................

LOL.

ssj3gohan007
your welcome

Makashi
But seriously though..I don't have a drinking problem I just accidentaly said Anakin.

ssj3gohan007
yeh thats what i figured

DarthVasallo
ha....you guys are funny. Yeah if LucasArts had to make a victor it would be the Jedi. With Maul killing old Obi first, igniting a flash of the dark rage within Luke.

But with skill alone...using the knowledge we know of Maul through EU and film, Maul would have off'd Luke's green ass fast with a couple of lightening flip, kicks, force throws, dark rage....then focused on Obi, if Obi was still that fast and adaptable with his saber....Maul could have used some lightening, and with Maul's still growing Dark Force skill he better hit Obi with the lightening since his control over the Dark Arts would be not to it's full potential yet

ssj3gohan007
I doubt Maul can use those attacks if all he did against qui-gon and obi-wan was a force push, and throwing some rubble into a door switch.

If Maul had this kind of power, George Lucas would of showed us

Darth Faunus
Wow. . . Vasallo, Maul can't do lightning. Nor can he touch a hair on Obi-Wan's head. Soresu mastery owns Maul anyday.

ssj3gohan007
yeh Faunus has a good point

maul loses

Darth Faunus
Maul loss horribly, as in he ignites his weapon, attacks Obi once, and gets chopped into like 72.4 pieces in a second.

Darth_Frobo
Actually I'm going with maul, TPM obi owns rotj luke and obi is too old and decrepid to do anything, he goes out like a punk.

BlackVortex
is he older and weaker? or wiser and with a mastery of the form frobo? yoda is 900 years old and he owns like crazy. i doubt obi sat around in the desert doing nothing forever, he's a Jedi, he probably trained somehow. if i remember right we saw him take on the sandtroopers in ANH right?

old obi>maul luke doesn't even need to be there. he could stand on the side and watch...maybe he would learn something about saber fighting that way.

Darth Faunus
And frobo, where'd you get TPM Obi from?

BlackVortex
i think he means TPM maul owns luke..cause he mentions obi being old later.

Darth Faunus
Ah. . . might happen. Although Luke during ROTJ is sadly underestimated here, I'd have to give Maul a victory in a one-on-one.

BlackVortex
underestimated? i think overestimated, which perhaps proves your point. but seriously, maybe as a fighter, he's...hmm...mediocre at best. as a Jedi...pfft..don't get me started. he talks like he's some big good guy that will never do evil...and then he fights his own father and looks like a sith with a green saber. it's like dark rage or something.

i don't know, i hate luke and pretty much all the crappy stories after ROTJ. even the OT isn't my favorite.

DarthVasallo
The only reason Maul didn't show more of his knowledge in the Dark Arts was becuase he was savoring his victory, he was sadistic like that. He felt that doing straight saber combat with 2 Jedi at once would make his victory that much better.

Darth_Glentract
Well then won't he do the same thing in this instance? He won't use his force powers that you have not proved exist. It won't make a difference in this fight.

DarthVasallo
good point, well, if this was to take place Maul would not make the same mistake he did last time

Fishy
Does it matter. Obi Wan is a Soresu Master. He would own Maul alone.

DarthVasallo
I doubt that, his strength was diminshed by ANH....Vader who could in no way beat Maul was pretty even with Obi the whole time

Fishy
Did it look like Obi Wan was trying then? The fight hadn't even started yet when Obi Wan raised his lightsaber and let himself get cut down. Against Maul he would still be able to move fast and he would still be ble to block attacks, the force is powerful with him and he has mastered one of the greater forms. He would own Maul..

Darth_Nefarus
Hey Vasallo, did you ever read the comic where Darth Vader cut Maul like a punk? Yeah....

ANH Obi-Wan wouldn't be quite as fast, but his defenses would be so incredible he could distract Maul and let Luke take out the Sith Lord. And yes, Luke was very untrained, but the force was with him so much at that point, I think it would ninja him to victory like it does for Obi-Wan.

overlord
I don't think Maul was that strong.. I wasn't really impressed.
I think Luke and Obi Wan are better.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
Hey Vasallo, did you ever read the comic where Darth Vader cut Maul like a punk? Yeah....

ANH Obi-Wan wouldn't be quite as fast, but his defenses would be so incredible he could distract Maul and let Luke take out the Sith Lord. And yes, Luke was very untrained, but the force was with him so much at that point, I think it would ninja him to victory like it does for Obi-Wan.

Arg! That comic can not be used in any debate whatsoever because it is not canon even by EU standards.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by overlord
I don't think Maul was that strong.. I wasn't really impressed.
I think Luke and Obi Wan are better.

The fact that Maul defeated a Jedi Master with a hurt leg didn't impress you?
That Dooku held Maul in high reguard as a fighter.

ANH Obi-wan and Maul are about equal. With Luke helping, Maul dies.

birthoftheforce
why is vader so underestimated. he was extremely powerful.

Lord Janus
Originally posted by birthoftheforce

Yeah, compared to younglings.

DarthVasallo
Im talking about Mecha-Vader

Admiral Akbar

hmm, this vader is extremely powerful stuff has got to stop. Is this your first time on a star wars forum? If so, then people here on KMC do not think vader is as uber as many other crazed vader fanboys do.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
ANH Obi-wan and Maul are about equal.

ANH Obi-Wan is far superior to Maul. You just have to imagine ROTS Obi-Wan with more force powers and a better fighting style. In fact Soresu mastery alone is too much for Maul add Obi-Wans force powers and he would obliterate Maul on his own in less than a minute. Hell...he did cut Maul's saber and had Maul on the ground when he was a Padawan - Jedi Master Obi-Wan is far too powerful for Maul.

Throwing Luke in here is useless.

birthoftheforce
obi won is only slightly better. ANH obi won is basically a ROTS obi won with more wisdom, force strength, less speed and less power. Maul was actually really incredble and was a great duelist. Hell he didnt find it too dificult to beat qui gonn.

Nai Fohl
obi won is only slightly better. ANH obi won is basically a ROTS obi won with more wisdom, force strength, less speed and less power.

Less speed and less power ? You shouldn't judge people because of the OT films. ANH Obi-Wan is stronger than ROTS Obi-Wan.

overlord
Obi Wan will just jump over Maul and Maul would stand there looking at him and waiting untill he gets cuts in half, Luke just stand on the side line laughing like an idiot.
Case closed.

Lord Simus
Originally posted by Nai Fohl
Less speed and less power ? You shouldn't judge people because of the OT films. ANH Obi-Wan is stronger than ROTS Obi-Wan.

GL has stated ROTS Obi-Wan is stronger than ANH Obi-Wan.

Se7in
This is ludicrous. ANH Obi-Wan alone would handle Maul.

Captain REX
Seeing as ANH Obi-Wan has done nothing for a good twenty (give or take) years, that sounds fine regarding swordsmanship. Dooku was far older, but, then again, he was never out of practice for two decades. Same with physical fitness. While the Force can grant a strength above the normal man, Obi-Wan's strength had obviously decreased with age due to inactivity.

Can't use Yoda or Dooku or Palpatine as good examples for that, because they didn't go for power-blows really ever.

Luke was a Jedi Knight by the end of ROTJ (albeit a half-trained one), so he could at least stand his ground against the Sith Apprentice (albeit a highly deadly one).

In the Visionaries comics, Maul hunts Obi-Wan to Tatooine a year or two after Ben delivers Luke to the Lars homestead. Obi-Wan manages to subdue Maul, but doesn't deliver the killing blow (which would have been to ignite his lightsaber through Maul's forehead), instead leaving Owen Lars to put a hole in Maul's head with a blaster rifle.

Then again, not really canon in an EU sense.

Lord Simus
How would that slow a$$ old man keep pace with Maul? Old Ben can barely handle Vader someone who Maul could defeat any day of the week.

Deus Ex
Originally posted by Lord Simus
How would that slow a$$ old man keep pace with Maul? Old Ben can barely handle Vader someone who Maul could defeat any day of the week.

Barely handle Vader? Vader only won because Obi-Wan let himself die! Did you not see the same movie or something?

Se7in
Old? Dooku was older than ANH Obi-Wan in AoTC and RotS. You must remember, the choreography was much worse back then.

Lord Simus
True but whos to Vader wouldn't have won anyway?

Darth_Glentract
He might have, but that's not really important. Vader has beaten Maul before. If Vader would have won, it wouldn't prove Maul is better. Add that to pretty much every source says that Vader only was able to defeat Obi-wan when he let himself die.

Deus Ex
Actually, Vader versus Maul wasn't a canon source, even in regards to EU canon.

Lord Simus
Still ANH Obi-Wan is weaker than ROTS Obi-Wan and that comic is not canon.

Deus Ex
Prove to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that ROTS Obi> ANH Obi.

Lord Simus
A statement from George Lucas.

Illustrious
which one?

Lord Simus
It was in some interview a while back and didn't Ush post this like two days ago?

Deus Ex
He did, and he didn't post a source. If you're going to ride his coattails, I want proof.

Lord Simus
Unfortunately I have no link to the site on me and I never thought I would need it. Seeing as to our knowledge we don't know what for those twenty years except talk to Qui-Gon. Oh and Janus before you start saying assumption like with Darthsith that would mean your ideas are also assumptions.

Deus Ex
Uh huh. If you can't prove up, you're not just assuming, you're assuming without any basis.

Yes, Ush said that GL said that ANH Obi-Wan is weaker than ROTS Obi-Wan. This could be true. But the burden of proof is on you, who are making the claim. Not me.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Lord Simus
Still ANH Obi-Wan is weaker than ROTS Obi-Wan

The only source where I found that statement was supershadow.com - you should think about it. I don't know where Ushgarak had this from but it seems unlogical to me.

In fact we have all the Jedi getting stronger the older they get. Obi-Wan in ANH is 57 years old - he's 4 years older than Mace in ROTS and in fact he is much younger than people like Sidious (65 years in ROTS) or Dooku (83 years in ROTS). So what makes you think that Obi-Wan can possibly as lame as he is shown in ANH (watch Dooku, Sidious, Yoda) or that he got weaker despite the fact that he kept on "training" (with Qui-Gon) and lived in one of the most life threatening areas in the Galaxy (Tusken, outlaws and bounty-hunters working for Jabba, Krayt-Dragons and all other kind of stuff) ?

Darth Avis
well said

DarthMaul9123
Maul takes out ROTJ then he gets taken out by obiwan because obiwan knows how to take down darth, because luke had about a month of training tops and all that

DarthMaul9123
Originally posted by Nai Fohl
The only source where I found that statement was supershadow.com - you should think about it. I don't know where Ushgarak had this from but it seems unlogical to me.

In fact we have all the Jedi getting stronger the older they get. Obi-Wan in ANH is 57 years old - he's 4 years older than Mace in ROTS and in fact he is much younger than people like Sidious (65 years in ROTS) or Dooku (83 years in ROTS). So what makes you think that Obi-Wan can possibly as lame as he is shown in ANH (watch Dooku, Sidious, Yoda) or that he got weaker despite the fact that he kept on "training" (with Qui-Gon) and lived in one of the most life threatening areas in the Galaxy (Tusken, outlaws and bounty-hunters working for Jabba, Krayt-Dragons and all other kind of stuff) ?
not to mention the empire must have been looking for him because anakin knew he was still alive

Darth_Glentract
Maul9123, you are horribly underrating Maul. He took down Vader during a burst of rage. Luke has also been studying a lot fo the things Obi-wan left behind for him on Tatooine. Luke has displayed a greater mastery of the force than Maul, which saddens me.

DarthMaul9123
yes but anh obiwan must be about as good as mace by then, partially because they didnt have the technology to do good fighting, and also i probably know more about maul than any of these other people xcept luke i know some about him that most may not know

DarthVasallo
what more do you know about Maul? How many Jedi has Maul killed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.