Most Under Rated Band...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

knight
As always there will be lists of them waiting here for you to preview through as you make your own mind up, but you already made your mind up before you clicked on the topic...

No list, just two bands from me. One is in The R 'n' R Hall of Fame
and one isn't, it's high time they were. If the Pretenders who started of with a cover number of one of these bands can get in, then the floodgates are open...

*The KinKs

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/hot_knight/jensen-kinks3.jpg

*Big Country

http://www.bigcountry.co.uk/media/00000046.jpg

SlipknoT
Anthrax, Nile

RedAlertv2
The Matches
Avenged Sevenfold

nagnagnag
Public Image Ltd.

They were led by John Lydon (aka Johnny Rotten of The Sex Pistols), and the group's debut single "public image" equals anything the sex pistols did. This band is hypnotic and paranoid and intense and underrated.

Then there's bands like The Popguns and The Clouds and The Go-betweens...the list's endless.

Victor Von Doom
Anything involving Mike Patton.

He quietly creates various bands that can stand up to any other band out there, and all the while remaining far away from the mainstream.

That's the best way to do it though.

nick1811
high on fire, the prophecy

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by knight

*The KinKs

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/hot_knight/jensen-kinks3.jpg

Df02
Originally posted by nick1811
high on fire

damn straight

RagnaViper
Mr. Bungle

Awesome band. Very, very little recognition.

MetalHeart
Between the Buried and Me

ElectricBugaloo
Talking Heads
They should be on everybody's top ten list.

War
I like Eric Burdon's work with War better than his stuff with The Animals

Stevie Ray Vaughan
The guy was a guitar god

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by RagnaViper
Mr. Bungle

Awesome band. Very, very little recognition.

I think they're more under recognised than underrated.

Most to all who know them rate them as they deserve to be rated.

-AC

Ronny
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Anthrax, Nile Anthrax is WAAAAY over rated for what it is erm At least here, it depends on who you talk to.

I think alot of the older rock bands like The smiths, X, the cars, INXS before the show they are all underrated. Again, it depends who you speak to

Alpha Centauri
INXS deserve underrating.

Never thought there was anything to them, ever. It's not even a case of me not liking it but being able to respect what's there, like Iron Maiden. They just seem shit.

-AC

Ronny
They wernt the best but i did like a few songs of theres yes And they deserved more then they got at least

Alpha Centauri
They got more than they deserved, more like.

In the worst way possible. When Michael Hutchence topped himself, everyone went "Who was he?....INXS?...A band? Better listen."

-AC

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Ronny
Anthrax is WAAAAY over rated for what it is erm At least here, it depends on who you talk to.

Eh, I like Anthrax, They're just way over shadowed by the other 80's thrash bands Like Metallica and Slayer.

ElectricBugaloo
did anyone ever read that chuck klosterman article on overrating/underrating? The one where he said that Van Halen is hte only band that is rated perfectly or something like that?

Alpha Centauri
I think I did...might have been someone else saying similar things.

Either way, that seems strangely accurate. I don't think it's accurate in the sense of they are rated perfectly on talent, I just think they are the most agreed to, when a level of rating arises.

-AC

ElectricBugaloo
chuck klosterman, while being a great writer, has a horrible taste in music. but it was af unny article, i probably have it around here somewhere, but i'm too lazy to look for it

RedAlertv2
my band is the most underrated yes

Victor Von Doom
Seems a bit arbitrary, Van Halen only. Can't see the logic.

ElectricBugaloo
it's all arbitrary.

Impediment
Sevendust, definitley. Lajonn Witherspoon has such an amazing voice, and the music is awesome.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ronny
Anthrax is WAAAAY over rated for what it is erm At least here, it depends on who you talk to.

I think alot of the older rock bands like The smiths, X, the cars, INXS before the show they are all underrated. Again, it depends who you speak to

I am not sure if the Smiths are underated...ost people I talked to that know them liek them.....although I personally overly like them .......

Impediment
Anthrax is under rated, IMO.

jaden101
the pattern...i suggest you check out their only release...real feelness...good stuff

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.