My friends are all dumbasses.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
And before you can say, "Birds of a feather flock together", I'll explain why this is.

Today we went to the beach, my four friends, a girl from youth group, and my friend's sister and her friend. Plus me, of course. One of my friends came with the girl from youth group a bit later than the rest of us--Megan is her name--and my friends and me had already gone into the lake.

It was freezing. Sixty degrees Farenheit. My entire body below my neck went numb from the water. We had all suffered the freezing embrace of the lake (for no reason other than 'just doing it'), but Megan, with her late arrival, was unscathed.

My friends decided that she would be going into the lake one way or the other. I stated that I would take no part in forcing her to go into the water if she did not want to; I was ignored. Fortunately, Megan took it upon herself to willingly "take the plunge", per se, and froze herself when my friends went out in the water again (I stayed back on the beach).

On the drive home, one of my friends was talking about Megan going into the lake. He basically said, "I'm glad that she went in the water voluntarily. I would have hated to have to drag her in. I mean, I would have done it, but I wouldn't have enjoyed it."

I, as the sole person who outrightly refused to dunk Megan, spoke up, my voice tinged with sarcasm. "Yeah, because you would have HAD to throw her in the lake."

His response? "Either way, she was going to get into the water. I'm just glad she decided to go in voluntarily."

Now, the question remains: why are my friends dumbasses?

It's rather humorous, actually. They take great pleasure in laughing at me and saying that I'll never get a girlfriend/find a wife/get laid without paying for the sex. And yet they believe that they'll easily fare better than me, despite their own shortcomings--physically and mentally.

Here's the genius part, though. Here's why they are all dumbasses:

Let us pretend for a moment that Megan had been unwilling to go into the water and had resisted my friends' attempted coercion. Let us pretend they tossed her in. Everyone would have laughed, including Megan, but guess what? She wouldn't have been happy. She would have pretended it was a big hilarious joke, but it would have neither been funny nor appreciated.

You don't FORCE a woman (or anyone, for that matter) to do something she is unwilling to do "just because". If you do that, you will NOT be getting any second dates. If she says 'no', leave it at that. You don't start up some BULLSHIT about how you would have had to force her to do something...because you wanted her to do so.

"Yeah, I'm glad she was willing to have sex with me. I would have hated to force her to have sex with me."

Hmm, what's that called again? Rape, something like that? I can't quite remember if it's illegal or not.

Yes, forcing an individual into the water is a far cry from rape, but the principle is the same.

You don't listen to what people say and people won't like you. If you have something that belongs to someone else and the owner requests it back, you don't keep the item or play 'monkey in the middle'. If a person is looking at something that doesn't belong to you, you don't demand that the person give it to you and then try to take it away. You just don't do rude shit like that.

So my friends prove they are ill-mannered brutes who won't respect women because...why? I think it's supposed to be entertaining or something.

Keep it up, guys. Tell me how the love life works out for you.

RedAlertv2
Sounds like you need better friends

FeceMan
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Sounds like you need better friends
Sometimes I completely agree. In fact, I'm glad that one of my friends is moving away to go to college so I won't have to deal with him as frequently...which is something someone should never have to say about his friends.

AdventChild
he really wouldn't be considered a friend though if you were glad he was leaving...*sigh* this is so much better than the OTF....thank you GDF!

RavenKnight
wow.

FeceMan
Originally posted by AdventChild
he really wouldn't be considered a friend though if you were glad he was leaving...*sigh* this is so much better than the OTF....thank you GDF!
I become so confused about friendship and stuff like that a lot of the time. I mean, the guy I'm talking about has been my friend since fourth grade and my other friends I all met (aside from one) in fifth grade, but they don't feel like "real" friends.

Maybe it's just me, but isn't one supposed to be able to confide in one's friends? To talk about difficult things?

To be brutally honest, I'm going to say that they aren't my friends--they are my "buddies". We hang out, have fun together, but I know that they would never be friends with someone like Capt_Fantastic (read: a homosexual) and, if he was their friend pre-coming out, they would have dumped him as a friend afterwards.

It's sad, really.

AdventChild

so much for GDF....

FeceMan
so much for GDF....
Bah, I'll fix it...somehow.

jaden101
in one fell swoop, you have successfully managed to destroy my ENTIRE philosophy on life...thanks for that

lilmisskitten
At least you have the right outlook on how to persive life correctly, because i'm sorry to say your " friends" ARE complete dumbasses, and deserve to be shot (in theory)

You however are not, i like you *pats on back* big grin

Rogue Jedi
what the hell does getting into a lake have to do with sex?

Snoopbert
Rogue, seriously. no

Rogue Jedi
what, am i missing something here?

Wickerman
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
what, am i missing something here?

He was extrapolating from the guy's regular attitude that he wouldn't have a problem doing something more drastic like raping someone. However, that's a bit of an extreme, seeing as how you're just assuming he would do that FeceMan. You really have no way of knowing how people react under pressure. So when faced with the possibility of raping someone, as in "just taking her because he should", he COULD just as well freak out and stop. Which is most likely what would happen.

~wickerman~

Rogue Jedi
thats a pretty bad analogy for him to use.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
thats a pretty bad analogy for him to use.

Well i'm not saying the guy wouldn't do it, i mean FeceMan obviously knows the guy, just saying it sounded a bit silly in the initial post.

~wickerman~

Backbone
Originally posted by FeceMan
And before you can say, "Birds of a feather flock together", I'll explain why this is.

Today we went to the beach, my four friends, a girl from youth group, and my friend's sister and her friend. Plus me, of course. One of my friends came with the girl from youth group a bit later than the rest of us--Megan is her name--and my friends and me had already gone into the lake.

It was freezing. Sixty degrees Farenheit. My entire body below my neck went numb from the water. We had all suffered the freezing embrace of the lake (for no reason other than 'just doing it'), but Megan, with her late arrival, was unscathed.

My friends decided that she would be going into the lake one way or the other. I stated that I would take no part in forcing her to go into the water if she did not want to; I was ignored. Fortunately, Megan took it upon herself to willingly "take the plunge", per se, and froze herself when my friends went out in the water again (I stayed back on the beach).

On the drive home, one of my friends was talking about Megan going into the lake. He basically said, "I'm glad that she went in the water voluntarily. I would have hated to have to drag her in. I mean, I would have done it, but I wouldn't have enjoyed it."

I, as the sole person who outrightly refused to dunk Megan, spoke up, my voice tinged with sarcasm. "Yeah, because you would have HAD to throw her in the lake."

His response? "Either way, she was going to get into the water. I'm just glad she decided to go in voluntarily."

Now, the question remains: why are my friends dumbasses?

It's rather humorous, actually. They take great pleasure in laughing at me and saying that I'll never get a girlfriend/find a wife/get laid without paying for the sex. And yet they believe that they'll easily fare better than me, despite their own shortcomings--physically and mentally.

Here's the genius part, though. Here's why they are all dumbasses:

Let us pretend for a moment that Megan had been unwilling to go into the water and had resisted my friends' attempted coercion. Let us pretend they tossed her in. Everyone would have laughed, including Megan, but guess what? She wouldn't have been happy. She would have pretended it was a big hilarious joke, but it would have neither been funny nor appreciated.

You don't FORCE a woman (or anyone, for that matter) to do something she is unwilling to do "just because". If you do that, you will NOT be getting any second dates. If she says 'no', leave it at that. You don't start up some BULLSHIT about how you would have had to force her to do something...because you wanted her to do so.

"Yeah, I'm glad she was willing to have sex with me. I would have hated to force her to have sex with me."

Hmm, what's that called again? Rape, something like that? I can't quite remember if it's illegal or not.

Yes, forcing an individual into the water is a far cry from rape, but the principle is the same.

You don't listen to what people say and people won't like you. If you have something that belongs to someone else and the owner requests it back, you don't keep the item or play 'monkey in the middle'. If a person is looking at something that doesn't belong to you, you don't demand that the person give it to you and then try to take it away. You just don't do rude shit like that.

So my friends prove they are ill-mannered brutes who won't respect women because...why? I think it's supposed to be entertaining or something.

Keep it up, guys. Tell me how the love life works out for you. Amazing..It sounds like my friends I had in Canada. I almost had your same problem..

FeceMan
Originally posted by Wickerman
He was extrapolating from the guy's regular attitude that he wouldn't have a problem doing something more drastic like raping someone. However, that's a bit of an extreme, seeing as how you're just assuming he would do that FeceMan. You really have no way of knowing how people react under pressure. So when faced with the possibility of raping someone, as in "just taking her because he should", he COULD just as well freak out and stop. Which is most likely what would happen.

~wickerman~
You're right. But it has the same principle behind it.

FeceMan
Okay, let me explain quickly (sorry for the double post).

I've been writing this on my site and thus I have written something about the whole rape thing. I'm not cleaning up what I've written for you guys, either, so let me quick write this:

THE ANIMOSITY IN WHAT I AM ABOUT TO WRITE IS NOT AIMED AT THE POSTERS OF KMC. I WROTE IT IN RESPONSE TO PEOPLE WITH WHOM I HAVE SPOKEN; I WAS QUITE ANGRY AND FRUSTRATED AT THE TIME.

Got it? Good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.