Did the ''joker'' officialy kill batmans dad?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kmcdude
Or is it just in the movie ''batman'' confused

sevenman
Jack Napier killed Bruce Wayne's parents in the 1989 Batman film then got dropped into a vat of acid and died being reincarnated into The Joker. Some comics copy the 1989 movie's story line moderately to heavily. Everyone's got their own Batman, you know?

Mainstream
Originally posted by kmcdude

just in the movies....a random crook killed his folks in the comics...and in Batman Begins

sevenman
He is revealed in Batman Begins unlike in the comics where he is just a random foe. Well. Not really. I guess it depends on the bat-universe you live in...in mine his parents are shot by a random crook and they never find him and he spends forever avaneging their deaths.

Mainstream
Originally posted by sevenman
He is revealed in Batman Begins unlike in the comics where he is just a random foe. Well. Not really. I guess it depends on the bat-universe you live in...in mine his parents are shot by a random crook and they never find him and he spends forever avaneging their deaths.

yeah...ironic that Batman would save countless lives and stop countless crooks he could not stop the guy who killed his parents.

Kieralinn
OMFG!!! Here we go again!

Joe Chill killed Bruce's parents...the random mugger. Always was that way. The 89 film did that for dramatic reasons for the film..not the way it ever was. Want proof? Here you go....AGAIN.....the pic I posted before of Batman confronting Joe Chill sometime in the 40's or early 50's

By the way..don't mean to be mean..just sick of explaining the same thing over and over.

sevenman
His life was peace and nothing could ever hurt him when he was little. When his parents died and he realized at that moment that the most sick and vile things can happen in the world for no ****ing reason he becomes the symbol to enforce that peace and make sure nothing would ever hurt the people of Gotham City.

Kieralinn
I agree with that entire post....but people PLEASE...look above and if you don't know....just look up Joe Chill on a search engine and it will tell you. Hell, just look at any Batman site and it will tell you...JOKER did NOT kill his folks. Joker was a nameless foe untill "The Killing Joke" gave him a background of being a failed comic.

And in the current continuity, Bats does not meet Chill and doesn't know...but that's the story that has always been.

Yeah....I am frustrated. I LOVE the '89 film...but I wish that they had never gone there because of this constant question.

OK...I'm not very tactful....so sue me! roll eyes (sarcastic)

OtterVomit
It's really too bad that Year Two was smudged out of continuity.

WindDancer
*puts on Darth Vader Mask*

Luke, I'am....err nope, wait...... Aha! Got it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Barker
Originally posted by kmcdude

Only a trick of the light. no expression

Mr Parker
Dude you need to burn batman 89,it totally betrayed the batman comics.The Joker did not kill his parents and batman never killed the joker in the comics either.disregard everything that you have learned from those horrible burton and schumacher batman movies and stick with the Nolan batman movies.Batman Begins made up for the travesty nightmare franchise of the burton and schumacher batman movies which were phony neautered versions.

sevenman
It was a new mix on The Batman universe and if it never came out Mask of the Phantasm may have never come out. The first two movies were good. Batman Forever and Batman & Robin SUCKED.

DarkAge
Originally posted by sevenman
The first two movies were good.

Why?

animal666
Another of Burton's mistakes, such directors think they can do away with years of legacy by making their version of the story!
What about us fans, who have been reading and buying comics for ages?
Nolan's version was the only version which actually used stuff from the DC universe, like the bats providing cover for Bruce's escape from the SWAT team (anyone recollect Year One?).

Knightfall93
Batman Year 2 was awesome! Joe Chill was good and WAS the killer. Oh, and Batman NEVER KILLED THE MURDERER OF HIS PARENTS, be it Joker (and where'd that Napier name come from, and isn't there supposed to be multiple origins that Joker has made up- including 1 where he is Joe Kerr?) In Yr2, Batman is GOING to shoot Chill but The Reaper gets there first. The animated movie MASK OF THE PHANTASM was loosely based on Yr2 but there was more aim to Andrea Beaumont's actions than those of Judson Caspian (Andrea just killed the guys who murdered her pop). Any clearer? And I felt like talking about Yr2 because it rocks, not cos I'm getting confused about the thread subject!!!! Oh, and Phantasm was better because a) Andrea had clear goals, b) She was the avenger not her pop but that might be loosely related to Full Circle where Joe Chill's son becomes Reaper, c) It's got the awesomely scary Joker and d) There was more of the Bruce/ Andrea rtelationship- he got it on with Rachel Caspian after knowingm her for like, a page alias 2 mins! AND THAT PERSUADED HER TO QUIT THE CONVENT!!! And Beaumont is way fitter than Caspian! PEACE OUT rock

Knightfall93
joe Chill wasn't "good" good, y'know, just cool and well scripted!

Bardock42
Originally posted by OtterVomit
It's really too bad that Year Two was smudged out of continuity.

Year two was stupid .... very, very stupid. Good thing it isnt considered continuity. Therefore no, Joker didn't kill his parents. No one knows who killed his parents. Which is a good thing, cause it makes Batan much more interesting.

NoFate007
This thread's still here? lol

Knightfall93
JOE CHILL KILLED HIS F**KING PARENTS! It's the opinion of most Bat- fans! There's the image from that comic up there that Kieralinn showed and then Batman Yr2. I just think that Zero Hour thing was a shitty, shitty idea! Anyone wnat to discuss Zero Hour changes or the coming changes after Infinite Crisis (e.g the new Batman that's been hinted about) check out my "Infinite Crises and Zero Hour" thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.