Anakin Was Crazy To Join Palpatine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king_arthur
Anakin knows Dooku is a Sith Lord. During their battle, Anakin hears Palpatine tell him, "Do it now, kill him!", yet he still joins Palpatine as a Sith Lord. He saw the way Palpatine engineered Dooku's death. Later, when Palpatine admits to being a Sith Lord, didn't that warn Anakin as to what an evil person Palpatine was and what he had done to his own apprentice?

Snoopbert
Yes, we all know that.

DeVi| D0do
Yes, we do.

Captain REX
Yup.

Sesse
I agree. "Kill him now." "Do it!". Anakin didn't eaven ask "why".

Darth_fury
he didnt care he wanted to save padme

Moff jango

jainasolo55
at that point he didnt care he was just being selfish and trying to gain power to save padme.

jainasolo55
its kind of ironic how he was evil cuz of loving someone too much

jedihuh?
he was evil because he couldn't rationalise, couldn't understand or wouldn't accept the way shit works, the love for padme just gave him a nudge over the line.
I especially liked the part where he's talking with padme on the lava planet and already is thinking of overthrowing Palpatine.

Fox4
Well of course he was insane joining Palpy, but he didn't know he was evil at the time.

Abyssal Lord
Anakin is a total ass.

And that's all I have to say.

Darth_fury
he was gonna get try and get this "power" then after he has it he was going to try and kill palpatine

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by king_arthur
Anakin knows Dooku is a Sith Lord. During their battle, Anakin hears Palpatine tell him, "Do it now, kill him!", yet he still joins Palpatine as a Sith Lord. He saw the way Palpatine engineered Dooku's death. Later, when Palpatine admits to being a Sith Lord, didn't that warn Anakin as to what an evil person Palpatine was and what he had done to his own apprentice?

Hey look! King Arthur's from Australia!

And uh, this is really quite understandable: Anakin Skywalker is a controlling, obsessive person who was already on his way to evil from the moment his mother died. He is too passionate, lacks self control, and in the end it was his passion that made him choose allegiance to someone he knew as evil over the jedi whom he felt had snubbed him and held him back (from attachment, from love, from power, etc.)

Personally, I'd have just been like "Alright, Palpatine. You're under arrest. If there is anything wrong with my wife, I'll let the council deal with it, or beat it out of your hide. Now quite cackling and come with me and Shaft Master Jedi here." And then I'd get fekked up real quick like because even if I was Anakin SKywalker, Sidious would probably do another Psycho Crusher and start stabbing me.

chinabing
Why didn't Obi-Wan just cut Anakin/Vader in half, as he did Darth Maul? Instead he wheeled his saber around and cut off limbs and let him fall into the hot rocks.

Interesting how Obi-Wan had no trouble chopping Maul in half, and then eased up a bit on Anakin/Vader.

Darth_Janus
He felt he needed to complete Dooku's unfinished maiming.

Fox4
Originally posted by Darth_Janus

Personally, I'd have just been like "Alright, Palpy. You're under arrest. If there is anything wrong with my wife, I'll let the council deal with it, or beat it out of your hide. Now quit cackling and come with me and Shaft Master Jedi here."
laughing

OJCrush
oooooooookkkkkkkkkaaaaaayyyyyyyyy sssssuuuuuuuurrrrrrrreeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!..........

THEJEDIMASTER
any idiot noes that

Imaginary
Originally posted by king_arthur

Yet another stupid Aussie. Damn you all.

Durza
Anakin isn't evil until after his first kill. The reason he joins palpatine is because he wants to keep paddy alive. then, after he kills someone, he realizes he likes it and THEN he starts falling.

jainasolo55
Originally posted by jedihuh?
he was evil because he couldn't rationalise, couldn't understand or wouldn't accept the way shit works, the love for padme just gave him a nudge over the line.
I especially liked the part where he's talking with padme on the lava planet and already is thinking of overthrowing Palpatine.

true he would have turned evil either way

JenR1215
.. god i hope i dont marry a guy like him..... with my luck i will.

Darth Nhilus
you're a girl right? lol

JenR1215
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees diva jk

but yes i am a girl.. are you a boy? You're younge, huh?

Ast
This is an odd conversation. stick out tongue

DarkYoda
Originally posted by Ast
This is an odd conversation. stick out tongue

And now we're both part of it. I feel special.

smart

Ast
Originally posted by DarkYoda
And now we're both part of it. I feel special.

smart

You know we have to get in on anything out of the ordinary. big grin

JenR1215
i dont know wtf he was asking me if i was a girl... COME ON LIL MAN!

Look at my sn... JEN (as in) JENnifer
And look at my profile FEMALE (as in) FEMALE!!

And (not talking about gay guys) but why wtf would i be talking about marrying a guy if I WASNT a girl..... erm

I mean, c'mon lil boy think..... research b4 asking stupid questions.

and did anything that i said b4 the "question" sound like a guy wold say it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.