Kashykk Battle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Bloodlust
Did Anyone else think that we should have seen more of the kashykk battle than we did. Because i was expecting another Battle like the geonosis batrtle but i only got a few seconds of it! wtf? It spoiled the movie for me?

Wud anyone else have liked more wookie carnage?

x x x x x x

Sir Mist
Another 'what if' thread...

Did you pay attention to the rest of the movie? How can one scene spoil everything else..?

And I wouldve taken 5 short clips of different planets, than one longer battle on one planetthumb up

Dan Skywalker
it would have been nice to see other battles on other planets but I was also looking foward to more of the kashyyk battle. Still what they showed I loved.

Sesse
It seemed to mirror our history, as well as twist it.
I should tell a little story to feed our imagination.

It was a clear morning in the beaches of Normandy, suddenly the alarm rang and the sea was full of landing crafts. One of the Axis officers stood on the barricade and inspired his men to fight for their fatherland. As soon as he did that, hundreds of Wehrmacht soldiers stood up and cheered to him. After that, every man ran into their battlements to defend their beachhead.

The tank barriers were scattered around the beach to prevent any massive enemy tank operations straight from the landing crafts. First boats reached the beachhead and a unknown allied officer yelled: "Charge!". The Axis forces were well entrenched and were firing from their high beton bunkers straight to the charging allies.

Some allied tactical bombers flew in to help clearing the beach from the lethal mines deployed by the repub... eh axis forces. Axis artillery-fire devastated allied ships quite effectively and their losses were terrible.

(here the history alters)
Field Marshall Erwin Rommel (Yoda), who was supposed to be in Berlin (Coruscant) was commanding his forces personally. He was sent there by the general staff in order to secure their coastal fortifications. And the axis forces were able to hold their positions.

In Berlin, the general staff considered to kill their Fuhrer in order to stop the war. As Hitler told about his plans to his most trusted friend Heinrich he was shocked. Heinrich went straight to the general staff, whose highest ranking generals went to confront the Fuhrer. There was a duel, and One of the generals had his bayonet on Fuhrers throat. But then Heinrich entered....

Yea. A long and boring text. Perhaps it has no point at all, but its fun to think about it...

Dan Skywalker
^
interesting idea, i can see where ur ideas come from, id never thought about it that way

masterkit
There was alot they had to put in the movie they probly didnt have time to put alot in Kashyyyk battle

jainasolo55
it would have been cool to see more of kashyyyk but i think it would have drawn away from the main focus of the movie, which is obviously anakin, it was more of the characters battle then w/ the actually war

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Darth Bloodlust
Did Anyone else think that we should have seen more of the kashykk battle than we did. Because i was expecting another Battle like the geonosis batrtle but i only got a few seconds of it! wtf? It spoiled the movie for me?

x x x x x x

Personally I considered this entire section of the movie a complete and utter waste of time. This was mainly for the fanboys IMHO. Could have left it out entirely as far as Im concered, as it certainly had no plot driving purpose.

Superfly4000
The wookie battle didn't even look that great. It was obviouse blue screen. And plot wise, the wookies were unessesary. They barely even explained what wookies were.

pr1983
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Personally I considered this entire section of the movie a complete and utter waste of time. This was mainly for the fanboys IMHO. Could have left it out entirely as far as Im concered, as it certainly had no plot driving purpose.

Neither did the bedroom scene... stick out tongue

McCusto
Hmmm, where is Kashykk? I have never heard of that planet

Sesse
nor the elevator scene in the beginning spiced with Artoo's bumblings.

jedi-kev
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess

Finally, that was well put Priestess. thank god you are smart. wink yes

Ast
Originally posted by pr1983

The "Lost" scene? Man she was bad in that scene. stick out tongue

The fact that thy didnt show much is fine with me, since I would have preferred not seeing it at all. The only thing it served storywise was to get Yoda out of the temple, other than that it was Lucas again catering to fanboy wetdreams. no

pr1983
Originally posted by Ast
The "Lost" scene? Man she was bad in that scene. stick out tongue

The fact that thy didnt show much is fine with me, since I would have preferred not seeing it at all. The only thing it served storywise was to get Yoda out of the temple, other than that it was Lucas again catering to fanboy wetdreams. no

There are a few scenes that werent really neccessary imo...

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by pr1983

Ah but it did, as it explained the driving force behind Anakins turn to the dark side. stick out tongue

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Ast
The fact that thy didnt show much is fine with me, since I would have preferred not seeing it at all. The only thing it served storywise was to get Yoda out of the temple, other than that it was Lucas again catering to fanboy wetdreams. no Totally agree. The Wookiees make me mad...

jainasolo55
aww poor wookies sad

Superfly4000
the wookies just showed out of nowhere. they didnt even take the time to explain what wookies were.

Captain REX
It only served to get Yoda off of Coruscant and to see how he escapes death. Didn't ruin the movies for me. *shrug*

Superfly4000
I mean, even ewoks had more time in ROTJ than the wookies did in ROTS.

chinabing
The Kashyyyk, (what is with the 'y's?) battle was not 'pointless,' it moved the story along. Chewie & Tarful & Yoda were buddies. I actually thought Obi-Wan and Chewbacca would have met due to the fact they were chit-chatting in the cantina.

I hate it when people use the word 'fanboys.' I swear every online or magazine review of ROTS used that epithet. And they were all so droll to use it. (cough-hack).

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by chinabing
The Kashyyyk, (what is with the 'y's?) battle was not 'pointless,' it moved the story along. Chewie & Tarful & Yoda were buddies.
And why do we need to know that?

Sesse
Because these movies are aboput friendships!

First Qui Gon and Obi1 were buddies as well as Maul and Sidious.
Then Obi1 and Anakin and Sidious and Dooku
Then Obi1 and Yoda and Sidious and Anakin
Then Obi1 and Luke And Vader and Anakin
Then Luke and Yoda and Vader and Anakin
Finally Luke and Anakin and Sidious was left alone.

It's all about friendship. Happy Dance

masterkit
Ok....

General Zink
Originally posted by Captain REX
It only served to get Yoda off of Coruscant and to see how he escapes death. Didn't ruin the movies for me. *shrug*

Captain REX
The Kashyyyk, (what is with the 'y's?)

Who knows? Who cares? It's just the spelling.

bilb
The Kashyyyk, (what is with the 'y's?) battle was not 'pointless,' it moved the story along. Chewie & Tarful & Yoda were buddies. I actually thought Obi-Wan and Chewbacca would have met due to the fact they were chit-chatting in the cantina.

I hate it when people use the word 'fanboys.' I swear every online or magazine review of ROTS used that epithet. And they were all so droll to use it. (cough-hack).

ok first off it did absolutely nothing to move the story along.. basically GL just needed a way to get Yoda away from Anakin so Palps could do his mindf*ck on Ani.. but this could have been accomplished in any number of ways.. the only reason to bring in th ewookies was to TRY & rectify himself with OT fans who were disappointed in the Ewoks and build buzz for the move ('OMG!! Chewie is in this one! thats like soo freakin cool!' roll eyes (sarcastic) I mean FFS Yoda barely evern direclty spoke to Chewie & Tarful .. Kashyyk WAS useless.... the night scene with the clones looking for survivors was quite cool...

and there is a reason the term fanboy is used, let go your concious self.. embrace your inner fanatical fandom!! stick out tongue

queeq
I agree with bilb. And all these OT characters bumping into each other in PT, makes the SW universe suddenly look very very small.

chinabing
When people write "The only reason George did it is because..." fill in your own lame excuse:

A. To make money
B. To sell toys.
C. To make money
D. To do something kewl
E. To make money
F. To blow things up real good
G. To make money

Ai-yi-yi. How do we know they Kashyyyyyyyk scene wasn't important? It did move the story along. We found out that Yoda was far, far more force sensative that the rest of they Jedi who were laid waste. One wrinkled brow on Yoda, and those clones were toast! It showed more of the treachery of the clones than anywhere else.

SW movies always travel to different planets, Lucas has said he likes to go to at least 3. In ROTS, we traveled to Coruscant, Kashyyyk, Utapau, Meegeto, Mustafar, Alderaan, Tattooine. Nothing wrong with that.

It showed Chewbacca's showed his loyalty to the Jedi, which would pay dividends in the OT.

And who cares if "George did it just to get Yoda away." He's just showing what happened as it played out. It's not your story, it's his. You've got a better idea, write your own movie.

DeVi| D0do
Nah, don't have enough money...

The Wookiees were pointless.

commander gree
Originally posted by Darth Bloodlust

x x x x x x yeah i agree i want more kashyyyk battle the jaggernaut where there in 5 seconds and the wookie catamaran! i want to see more of the war when the clones fight the wookies but it was no kashyyyyk order 66 it should be with luminara

Tiberius
lol, learn to spell and above all learn DECENT english. I didn't understand a word.

commander gree
Originally posted by Tiberius
lol, learn to spell and above all learn DECENT english. I didn't understand a word. You said something!?

Tiberius
Apparently, i did.

neo313
I was expecting a longer Battle of Kashyyyk, but it didn't really disappoint me that much.

The raid on the Jedi Temple was THE MOST disappointing thing about RotS for me. We don't even see Anakin fighting Jedi. mad What the f**k? miffed

Fox4
Originally posted by neo313
I was expecting a longer Battle of Kashyyyk, but it didn't really disappoint me that much.

The raid on the Jedi Temple was THE MOST disappointing thing about RotS for me. We don't even see Anakin fighting Jedi. mad What the f**k? miffed
Yeah, the Jedi Temple scene, man that would have been cool yes

queeq
Now that was a major plot point... Kashyyk was not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.