Super skrull vs Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HigH ScholaR
Super skrull vs Martian Manhunter

this super skrull is not shown as a pussy but as the one that kicked fantastic four (yes he did one time.)

the fight in front of the srullian race and in fornt of the martian race who wins.

o.g. slaughter
tha manhunter. no doubt

ZephroCarnelian
The Martian Manhunter would reduce his mind to that of a blancmange.

HigH ScholaR
the Super-Skrull (Kl'rt) was a warrior of the intergalactic Skrull empire, who was sent to Earth to battle the Fantastic Four. To help him in this, he was artificially bestowed with replicas of the Fantastic Four's superhuman abilities: immense strength and an impervious rock-like shell which he could materialize on any part of his body (similar to Ben Grimm), pyrokinesis, flight, and spontaneous immolation (similar to Johnny Storm), invisibility (similar to Susan Richards), and a stretchy elastic rubbery consistency (similar to Reed Richards). He also retained his innate Skrullian shapeshifting abilities.

HigH ScholaR
Real name unpronouncable
Status Active
Affiliations Justice League of America
Previous affiliations
Notable aliases J'onn J'onzz, John Jones, Bloodwynd
Notable relatives unnamed wife and daughter K'ymm (both deceased)
Notable powers flight, invunerability, super-strength, super-speed, telepathy, invisibility/intangibility, shape-shifting, "Martian vision" (a form of heat vision)

Richrf
Good match.

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by Richrf
Good match. wink

beer

ZephroCarnelian
Just look at the two in that photo.

The Super-Skrull is a mockery of a comic character.

zachrivard
that is a cool pic

HigH ScholaR
which one embarrasment confused

HigH ScholaR
cool

zachrivard
that one above me is stiupd(in my opionion) the vs one is cool

HigH ScholaR
sad

HigH ScholaR
i don't know who to go for as super skrull has fire and even though mm has manage to confront his fears of fire at the end of the day it will still affect him. it's like someone is scared of water but overcomes it then is put into a raging sea no way is the fear of water going to stay put, it's still there in the subconscoius and will resurface. but hey i'm not exacly a psychologist or whatever

yahman
To make it fair M.M shouldn't be allowed to use his Telepathy.

Otherwise i think this should be a close match. In the strength department M.M is far above Thing. M.M can push his strength Levels to match W.W. and Superman. This means the fight could be similar to the incident that involved Gladiator and the Thing. M.M. doesn't have the invulnerability of Superman (or the speed), but i definitely think its superior to the Things Rocky skin and Suzanne's Force Fields. Note that M.M. has gone toe to toe with the following Despero, Superman and Wonder Woman. The fire thing will be a problem for John, and does tip the scales in Super Skulls favour. I don't know this fight is too close to call.

N.B. Superman

8bitChris
So M.M. is essentially > F.F.?

Then all the DC fans are like, "What do you mean DC chars are overpowered?"

HigH ScholaR
so this is haw it goes because mm can beat super skrull he can beat the ff?????????????. i believe the ff together can beat mm but i also think supersktull van beat mm if it eren't for the telepath shit

8bitChris
I don't see how M.M. can lose if all he has to do is use his telepathy and the DC mandatory close to superman strength, superspeed, flight etc...

F.F., one of Marvel's premiere teams, don't even stand a chance against one of the regular joes of the DC universe.

yahman
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
so this is haw it goes because mm can beat super skrull he can beat the ff?????????????. i believe the ff together can beat mm but i also think supersktull van beat mm if it eren't for the telepath shit

M.M could just Shape shift into Super SKrull. Unlike the Skrulls, he would gain all his abilities. He maybe able to enhance them with Superman's power. (I don't know about this).

There are loads of characters in both universes who on paper could beat the FF4. In a recent Graphic novel, Superman and co made it very obvious that they thought M.M was the most powerful member of the Justice League. smile

If gladiator can beat the FF4, Superman can. And if M.M is above Superman, they he can certainly beat Super Skrull. The fire aspect of Super SKrulls powers are is the only factor making this close. smile big grin

Juntai
Originally posted by yahman

There are loads of characters in both universes who on paper could beat the FF4. In a recent Graphic novel, Superman and co made it very obvious that they thought M.M was the most powerful member of the Justice League. smile
Yeah, then again they've also said Batman is the "most dangerous man on the planet."

newjak86
Originally posted by Juntai
Yeah, then again they've also said Batman is the "most dangerous man on the planet." It's because he is in theory the only person who could take out the League single handed.

Bardock42
Yeah, then again they've also said Batman is the "most dangerous man on the planet."

Which he obviously is.....no expression

Anyways...I didn't keep up to MM but I think he overcame his Fire Problem so yes he can beat the Skrull
Originally posted by 8bitChris
So M.M. is essentially > F.F.?

Then all the DC fans are like, "What do you mean DC chars are overpowered?"

So Phoenix is basically > Legion of the Superheroes....and then all the Marvel Fans are like "What you mean Marvel is Overpowered?"

Juntai
He's not catastrophically afraid anymore, but it does still hurt him, he doesn't turn into a puddle of goo unable to think/act or whatever like he used to be... This can be seen, because the OMACs have set him on fire twice... He takes it like a man, but he doesn't have much to counter it with. Technically he COULD tap into the other side of himself, THE BURNING, and pull it out, and be a creature MADE of fire, but yeah . ..

8bitChris
You guys are missing the point. When was the last time Phoenix (using full potential and not just Jean Grey in control) or Gladiator appeared in a regular series?

You bring in abstract chars who rarely make appearances and compare them to the fantastic four? Why not just bring in Eternity and the Celestials?

Marvel's main heroes have weaknesses. DC's used to have some but a lot of them have been revoked.

Let's put it this way. Superman, Wonderwoman, Any GL, M.M., Captain Atom, Captain Marvel are all capable of taking out the F.F. solo. Heck any one of those guys has a shot at a full roster X-men ensemble.

What are Wolverine and Spiderman (Marvel's most famous heroes) going to do to any of those guys? Not much. They don't have flight, comparable super strength, or super speed. Almost all D.C. chars do. It's overkill.

HigH ScholaR
So super skrull is totaly outmatch ?

is there noway for him to counter and temporarily hold johns telepathic abilities?????????

HigH ScholaR
off topic

Juntai

Let's put it this way. Superman, Wonderwoman, Any GL, M.M., Captain Atom, Captain Marvel are all capable of taking out the F.F. solo. Heck any one of those guys has a shot at a full roster X-men ensemble.
Batman almost did that without any of the others. If Iceman didn't show up and save the day by making Batman slip they woulda all been laid out..

8bitChris
Well I don't count crossovers as continuity. Therefore, they never happend.

The writing is heavily influenced by two seperate companies so they never would play out as they should.

I'm pretty sure the rules on this board state crossovers arn't good evidence either.

Juntai
It's still funny.

8bitChris
Yeah, but I like the X-men sad

Juntai
Me too, the old Clairmont stuff anyways.

HigH ScholaR
So super skrull is totaly outmatch ?

is there noway for him to counter and temporarily hold johns telepathic abilities?????????

mad

Wynndar
Superskrull has demonstrated telepathic abilities of his own. And whats the significance of MM not being able to use his TP on Terminus in the cross-over?

Bardock42
Let'S be honest the FF are not really that powerful.....Thor, Hulk, Silver Surfer could probably all take them out......

Anyways yes there are some overpowered Characters in DC....as there are in Marvel but it's not like all are crazily overpowered as some Marvel Fans seem to pretend

As for Wolverine.....if anyone can come up with a good way anyone can kill him that no one can say...but he will heal back well....I can't....on this very board I have seen people state how Wolverine can survive pretty much everything even without Adamantium.......

8bitChris
"Let'S be honest the FF are not really that powerful"

Powerful to who? You and me? hell yeah they are.

To the majority of the characters in the Marvel U? Yeah, they get by.

To the majority of characters in the DCU? *sighs*

Wynndar
Oddly enough the FF tend to defeat the most powerful villains in Marvel though? Abraxis, Dreaming Celestial, Hyperstorm....people who make The Defenders and JLA look like nats.

yahman
You guys are missing the point. When was the last time Phoenix (using full potential and not just Jean Grey in control) or Gladiator appeared in a regular series?

You bring in abstract chars who rarely make appearances and compare them to the fantastic four? Why not just bring in Eternity and the Celestials?

I think you are the one missing the point. This isn't the; 'D.C. characters are too Powerful therefore not good characters' thread. Its the Super Skrull vs M.M. thread.

I hardly call Gladiator abstract. He's a top tier character like M.M. and therefore quite adiquate to use as a comparisson. If you hadn't noticed he is simillar to Superman. If you actually do some research you'll find he's appeared recently in various titles. You also find that various people on this forum really respect the guy.... and they won't be to keen on you referring to him as abstract.

Talking about abstract, how often does Super Skrull appear ?

If this is going to be your say in the matter you are in the wrong Forum mate.

smile wink

HigH ScholaR
http://www.silver-surfer.us/Original_Art/Original_Art_Gallery/SS_25_pg10.jpg

like he say he got the ff powers but augemented

he can probably ko mm with the force field LOL........hmmmmmmmm thinks of the sue richard vs emma frost thread

Superherovandal
no he couldn't cause MM would then just use his shape powers to reform.

The Ion
True but J'onn is far from being a "regular joe" in the DCU. 95% of the people on DC Earth would fall to J'onn.

HigH ScholaR
what i was sauing is he could prob materialsie one in MM brain and and expand it aswell set fire to it and fry up his brain.

but MM might get to him first and shut him down

Superherovandal
first he not physically weak to fire anymore. He won't lose his powers by looking at it or even touching it. He would defeat Super Skrull so hard it wouldn't even be funny.

HigH ScholaR
yes i'm well aware of that but

"i don't know who to go for as super skrull has fire and even though mm has manage to confront his fears of fire at the end of the day it will still affect him. it's like someone is scared of water but overcomes it then is put into a raging sea no way is the fear of water going to stay put, it's still there in the subconscoius and will resurface. but hey i'm not exacly a psychologist or whatever"

also someone else said the same thing as what i stated but better and shorter on this thread.

DrDoom101
the Super-Skrull (Kl'rt) was a warrior of the intergalactic Skrull empire, who was sent to Earth to battle the Fantastic Four. To help him in this, he was artificially bestowed with replicas of the Fantastic Four's superhuman abilities: immense strength and an impervious rock-like shell which he could materialize on any part of his body (similar to Ben Grimm), pyrokinesis, flight, and spontaneous immolation (similar to Johnny Storm), invisibility (similar to Susan Richards), and a stretchy elastic rubbery consistency (similar to Reed Richards). He also retained his innate Skrullian shapeshifting abilities.

doesnt he have IW's force field?

HigH ScholaR
Yep

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.