Neon Genesis Evangelion DVD help

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zen2nd
hey, I just bought Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum Series: Vol.1 on DVD and before I go and buy the rest of the DVDs I noticed that there is a Neon Genesis Evangelion - Collection 01. The help I need is what is the difference between the two? Is one just a special edition or something? Reading the back of the box was no help.

ROBOCOP
yeah i had the same problem i bought 3 first dvds, then ran into this Platinum edition...platinum is better, but im pissed off that theyd make 2 editions -.-' Evangelion is the best anime of all time big grin

moises
Originally posted by ROBOCOP
editions -.-' Evangelion is the best anime of all time big grin naaa

Zen2nd
yeah I checked it out and Platinum is the digitally remastered one

me+rob=crowing
i got the entire series in japanese at half-price books for 20 bucks
all 23 episodes. IT IS WAY BETTER than the english version because the voice acting is WAY better - i mean, the people giving their lines were doing it in their natural language, no translation or other bs to make it unclear, besides the acting is just better. AND, um, i cant remember.
it doesnt have any extra stuff, though, so if your into that than dont get it. but it is a WAY better experience because everyone speaks more naturally and the emotion of every scene comes through crystal clear because of that.

plus the american voice actors sound wierd.

Zen2nd
ehhh you do know on the PAL release you can switch it so its spoken in Japanese??

Well I need just a tiny bit more help.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - The End Of Evangelion
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Resurrection (Director's Cut)
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Genesis Reborn (Director's Cut)
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Death And Rebirth

Now is it worth getting Resurrection and Genesis Reborn if I have the Platinum editions of the episodes or is there more included in those??

Death And Rebirth, I've heard theres not really much point in getting these as its just a summary of the episodes and half of The End Of Evangelion??

Finally The End Of Evangelion, is that just a movie to complete the series or is it an alternate ending, or is it the final 3 episodes??

26 episodes altogether as far as I know.

radioboy121
I bought my collection before this "Platinum edition" and I'm still content. All legitimate formats, including the NTSC version has multiple sub options. There is English dubbing in the one I have, but I always use the Japanese language option whenever I watch an anime. There is more personality and better acting to be had in the original form. The only anime I've found that I didn't have an option was Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust (strictly English).

Originally posted by Zen2nd
ehhh you do know on the PAL release you can switch it so its spoken in Japanese??

Well I need just a tiny bit more help.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - The End Of Evangelion
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Resurrection (Director's Cut)
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Genesis Reborn (Director's Cut)
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Death And Rebirth

Now is it worth getting Resurrection and Genesis Reborn if I have the Platinum editions of the episodes or is there more included in those??

Death And Rebirth, I've heard theres not really much point in getting these as its just a summary of the episodes and half of The End Of Evangelion??

Finally The End Of Evangelion, is that just a movie to complete the series or is it an alternate ending, or is it the final 3 episodes??

26 episodes altogether as far as I know.

I'm not sure what are Resurrection and Genesis Reborn are, but I know the End of Evangelion/Death and Rebirth was meant to appease fans who were displeased with the final episode in the regular series (as the movie for RahXephon was for it's own).

Zen2nd
As far as I know Resurrection (Director's Cut)(epi 21 - 23) and Genesis Reborn (Director's Cut)(epi 24 - 26) have extra material in them. But I want to know if the extra material is in Volume 6 and 7 of the Platinum version so I don't buy the same one twice.

randi_jedi
Don't know about the platinum editions. All I would do is get the whole set and watch the last episode. If you don't have the song "tumblin down" in your head, then you need to get End of Evagelion. Its like "whoa" and explains a lot about the series but leaves way more questions in your head about well, your very own existence.

DemonXangelX
can sum1 tell me the last episode and explain it to me the last 1 i can remember there was shinji sitin on a chair with these questions that appear on the screen to show the audience but he answers them than to finsh it off they all stood and started clappin is that the last episode or av i missed summet

randi_jedi
whoa, I would answer but I can't quite understand your grammar. The last ep, or the last movie? I will try to help.

DemonXangelX
last episod soz

randi_jedi
Yeah I think its the last episode. I would check out the two movies; "Death and Rebirth" and "End of Evangelion". At least the last one. Most people don't like death and rebirth but I got a lot out of it. As for explaining it...I think it was like the director was congratulating himself on finishing the series. But seriously, get those movies and watch the commentary, it explains LOADS. Or you can take the easy way out and say it was all in Shinji's head, a way for him to feel important and include all the people around him. Yeah, you could write a paper about it all.

DemonXangelX
great ta bless ya i think i shud c all the movies againlol i didnt really watch them fully so no wonder i dont understand lol

XxILuvVegetaxX
you guys should buy the Platinum Box Set thats about to come out, itll save you some $$$$ wink big grin or buy it on Ebay...lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.