Best president after 1980d's??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

manny321
WHO WAS THE BEST??

1. Ronald Wilson Reagan 1981-1989

2. BUSH SR 1989-1993

3. CLINTON 1993-2000

4. BUSH JR 2004 (when he really won) and beyond

I pick Clinton, Regan, Bush Sr then JR

PVS
should be "least shitty president"
i'll choose clinton, given the alternatives.

manny321
I was thinking of changing it but you can't.

botankus
I'll take ReAgan.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by botankus
I'll take ReAgan.
The President who normalised diplomatic relations with Saddam Iraq as chemical weapons were being used in the Iran-Iraq war?
There should really be a "none of the above" option.

botankus
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
The President who normalised diplomatic relations with Saddam Iraq as chemical weapons were being used in the Iran-Iraq war?
There should really be a "none of the above" option.

I think you're right on with the logic. The thread should have been "Who was the best president after 1980's" with the first post should have been the correct answer. Then, the thread could have closed and we'd all be happy.

FeceMan
I'll give Clinton "best politician". Not sure for whom to vote.

WindDancer
I wish people would just get that "best president" mentality outta their heads. There is no such thing as a great president. All of them had flaws. All of them had their ups and downs. Dammit!

ewomack
I have to agree with the post above. "Great President" relies not only on the skills of the president, but on the situations that person gets put through. If Lincoln hadn't been President during the Civil War he might not be considered a great President. Likewise, JFK's stature would probably be diminished somewhat without the Cuban Missle Crisis. None of the modern day Presidents have really had a challenge on that scale (911 being the closest, and bets are still on for whether or not that was handled well since we're still in the midst of it). Clinton's presidency will always be tainted by his impeachment trial, the bombing of a Sudanese Medicinal factory, and other scandals. Bush II's by the uncertainties of the election of 2000, the Guantanamo Bay scandals, and the controversy over the handling of Iraq (and maybe the new Rove scandal). Whether you agree or disagree with the premises behind these "scandals", they remain with a President regardless.

So judging Presidents is a hard thing to do. That said, I'd put my vote in for Clinton purely on his handling of the economy (we had a surplus under him and he wasn't afraid to tax the rich unlike Reagan and Bush I & II; we've had horrible deficits under the others). But he had many shortfalls and was by no means a GREAT President.

manny321
Thats way i liked Clinton. Thats when both the US and CANADA were able to finally get out of debt and get their economy back on track. He is the better one out of this group.

Guys even the great prime minister of all time here in Canada (Trudeau a liberal) had many flaws. He was not good at the economy however he changed Canada in many many ways and forever. He brought out multiculturalism in 1971!!!, stoped an armed insurrection in Quebec, stoped the separation referendum from Quebec, gave canada its own Constitution and it bill of rights and gave canada its 2 official languages and some other things. He made Canada from a British, Christian English speaking only country to the complete opposite almost. However he caused a massive debt, high inflation, unemployment and caused the CAD dollar to go way below the American dollar. However this was nothing to the horror to come from the conservatives under Mulroney after. They almost bankrupted the country!!!

So the point is that even the great presidents or prime ministers all had flaws but they had some things they will always be known for.

Capt_Fantastic
I'll agree with the "none of the above" option. However, I'm more offended by the fact that there is a republican dating service link in the advertisement ABOVE the poll. I can see Carl Roves sticky fingers prints all over that shit. Christ, how stupid is that!?

PVS
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I'll agree with the "none of the above" option. However, I'm more offended by the fact that there is a republican dating service link in the advertisement ABOVE the poll. I can see Carl Roves sticky fingers prints all over that shit. Christ, how stupid is that!?

AWESOME!!! meet and date other people who hate gays eek!

testimonial:

man- "i spent the longest time hating gay people all by myself and it got so lonely.

woman-(enters) "thats when we met on the "republican dating network" and now we spend lots of quality time hating gay people...together! smile

*kisses*

JUST KIDDING i know that was generalising.
dont get your panties in a bunch republicans.
just havin a good laugh stick out tongue *runs away*

KidRock
They all suck but Bush sucked the least amount imo.

jaden101
typical liberal...always running away from fights...rincewind must have been a liberal

big grin

finti
Clinton, no competition

Tiesto
Originally posted by PVS

testimonial:

man- "i spent the longest time hating gay people all by myself and it got so lonely.

woman-(enters) "thats when we met on the "republican dating network" and now we spend lots of quality time hating gay people...together! smile

*kisses*

JUST KIDDING i know that was generalising.
dont get your panties in a bunch republicans.
just havin a good laugh stick out tongue *runs away*
That's funny

And I agree with Finti, Clinton.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS

testimonial:

*kisses*

LOL..that's pretty much exactly how I saw it in my head. I was just too stunned to think of anything funny at the moment.

Clovie
Reagan, coz of what he did to us yes

Spelljammer
I'm going to say Bush Junior with Clinton at a close second. They are the most "real". However, Bill is a peverted adulterer who's wife wants to become Hitler Jr.. Duyha' is just a stubborn Texan who whipes his ass with what everybody else says and acts like a ten year old who gets to be boss for the day..

And ofcourse, why I didn't vote for the other two geezers..

Reagan:
Uhh, where do I start? Not only did his son prove that being raised conservative does not make one conservative by ANY means, he deffinitly had the Republican mentality of women barefoot in the kitchen and don't ask questions when your goverment does awckward things.. Also I couldn't tell when the man was diagnosed with alzheimers, he always acted like a cook..

Senior Bush:
Even worse, this man was not only the bane to our economy, but someone who made Rush Limbaugh look like a bleeding heart. (And yes, when I was 6 years old I would watch Rush Limbaugh and how he was forced to compliment this political dog..)

I pray to God Sean Hannity never runs for president. Or we're all doomed. DOOMED I TELL YOU!

KidRock would be nice to have in office though.. smile

ElectricBugaloo
Clinton committed adultery; GWB started an illegal war that has killed thousands of innocents and may have destabilized the Middle East even more than it already was.

I think that some people need to get their priorities straight.

Spelljammer
Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
Clinton committed adultery; GWB started an illegal war that has killed thousands of innocents and may have destabilized the Middle East even more than it already was.

I think that some people need to get their priorities straight.
If that was directed towards me, I've said before I did not like the war. But I'm not going to lose sleep over it. 89% of that entire hemisphere is full of guys who strap bombs to themselves and are from the time they can speak programmed to hate everybody and everything.. I just think that money used for the war could've been spent on something better. Like healthcare or social security..

If I wanted to play hero, I'd just release a couple of missles over thier cocaine fields and cut thier money resource to easily end thier ability to "terrorize". Did you forget that it's terrorists who supply 90% of the drugs imported to this and most other countries? They're not nice people.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by PVS
should be "least shitty president"
i'll choose clinton, given the alternatives.

i agree, once again i have to hold my nose and vote for a "democrat". or as my friends call him, "Bill Clinton, the greatest Republican President of the 20th Century"

ElectricBugaloo
Umm...they don't have cocaine fields over there. Cocaine is primarily from South America, which, you might now, is nowhere near the Middle East. I think you're talking about poppy fields, which are Afghanistan's number one export. However, Afghanistan isn't Iraq. They are two seperate wars, no matter what Rumsfeld tells you.

I'd like to know where you got yoru facts on terrorists importing 90% of the drugs to our country. Since most marijuana comes from Canada or Mexico, and marijuana is the most commonly used illegal drug, I wonder what all the terrorists are doing growign pot in our neighbors to the North/South.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.