Duke Nukem vs Master Chief (PLEASE read the conditions before polling and debating.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CorderaMitchell
The fight is in a Los Angeles bar of the future.

The weapons are the typical weapons, (no uber powerful plot weapons, or nukes, explosives and grenades are fine.)

No vehicles.

No outside help.

They have 100% armor, and health.

Duke is considered superhuman( and was part immortal, but that would be cheating).

With all ado, who wins then? smokin'

http://www.nldesktop.nl/desktops/games/dukenukem_2_1024x768.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/halopwns/Master%20Chief.jpg

CorderaMitchell
crap, no damn poll!!!

Onikirimaru
Polls typically dont mean much anyway, just a gauge of fanboys usually. I dont even think people read and debate before voting anyway.

Hmm, interesting. Duke is considered super human, which he sure as hell is compared to the "normal" humans from Halo (talkin bout the marines)

Durability wise, MC has it. His rechargable shield can give him a big edge in a cat and mouse game of quick firefights. He could wear down Duke like that.

Arsenal wise, Duke has got it in spades. Duke has a multitude of games to choose from, but Im gonna just go by the Orginal Duke 3d arsenal. Its probably the most well known, and should be plenty for this fight. They both have pistol/shotguns. Machinegun wise, MC packs a machine gun with clip, but Duke packs a mack daddy chain gun. Advantage Duke, he doesnt need to reload. Explosive wise, MC has grenades and a rocket launcher. Explosive wise Duke has RPG to MC Rocket(that doesnt seem to need reloading, Advantage Duke) Pipebombs (Equal MC Grenades) the Devestator, a rapid firing missle launcher (a gun that makes me cream my pants whenever I fire it, Adv Duke) the Lazer trip mines (No comparison, but I dont see them coming into play too much, but its possible) MC arsenal of energy weapons, while cool, wont do much more damage to Duke than good ole fashioned bullets, so they wont give an advantage to MC. (Remember the energy kills shields, bullets kill flesh factor of Halo)

Now, the B.A. factor, Duke has an advantage here as well. Now im not making light of MC's feats, as taking on a alien race and whipping their buts all over the place is a good feat. However, Duke did it, and he was fighting not only grunts but creatures that had psychic attacks, Giant creatures with chainguns that he ripped the heads off of and pooped down their gullet, to put it lightly, took out a 40-50 foot alien shooting missles everywhere. Duke's enemies where definatly alot better equiped, than MC's enemies. Duke, also, doesnt have time to bleed. Also, if he has ran out of gum, he is likely to kick more butt than normal.

Overall: Close fight until Duke runs out of bubble gum. Duke wins.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Onikirimaru
Polls typically dont mean much anyway, just a gauge of fanboys usually. I dont even think people read and debate before voting anyway.

Hmm, interesting. Duke is considered super human, which he sure as hell is compared to the "normal" humans from Halo (talkin bout the marines)

Durability wise, MC has it. His rechargable shield can give him a big edge in a cat and mouse game of quick firefights. He could wear down Duke like that.

Arsenal wise, Duke has got it in spades. Duke has a multitude of games to choose from, but Im gonna just go by the Orginal Duke 3d arsenal. Its probably the most well known, and should be plenty for this fight. They both have pistol/shotguns. Machinegun wise, MC packs a machine gun with clip, but Duke packs a mack daddy chain gun. Advantage Duke, he doesnt need to reload. Explosive wise, MC has grenades and a rocket launcher. Explosive wise Duke has RPG to MC Rocket(that doesnt seem to need reloading, Advantage Duke) Pipebombs (Equal MC Grenades) the Devestator, a rapid firing missle launcher (a gun that makes me cream my pants whenever I fire it, Adv Duke) the Lazer trip mines (No comparison, but I dont see them coming into play too much, but its possible) MC arsenal of energy weapons, while cool, wont do much more damage to Duke than good ole fashioned bullets, so they wont give an advantage to MC. (Remember the energy kills shields, bullets kill flesh factor of Halo)

Now, the B.A. factor, Duke has an advantage here as well. Now im not making light of MC's feats, as taking on a alien race and whipping their buts all over the place is a good feat. However, Duke did it, and he was fighting not only grunts but creatures that had psychic attacks, Giant creatures with chainguns that he ripped the heads off of and pooped down their gullet, to put it lightly, took out a 40-50 foot alien shooting missles everywhere. Duke's enemies where definatly alot better equiped, than MC's enemies. Duke, also, doesnt have time to bleed. Also, if he has ran out of gum, he is likely to kick more butt than normal.

Overall: Close fight until Duke runs out of bubble gum. Duke wins. Agreed, god I love the devastator...

He pooped down the overlord, good god, you know your games!!!!!

Onikirimaru
Oh I forgot, MC has a sniper rifle in his arsenal. However it wont make a difference in close quarters of a bar.

And if its one thing I do know, its games.

Tha C-Master
Hell yes, if only the base was as big as comic versus...

Duke had a sniper in the 3d person ones...

Onikirimaru
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Hell yes, if only the base was as big as comic versus...

Duke had a sniper in the 3d person ones...

Doesnt matter anyway, since I dont see a sniper fight happening.

Wolverine gets killed easily in Video Games. Remember the super nintendo game "Wolverine" where Wolverine lost health when his claws were out? lol, wtf was up with THAT

More on topic, I would think someone would chime in defending MC by now. Maybe if it was Duke Nukem vs Sephiroth we'd get more action on the thread.

Tha C-Master
I thought alot of people would, MC is the wolveirne of this forum...

I guess they see it as a lost cause, I see there were alot of views, someone would have posted.

Onikirimaru
Maybe it isnt as bad as the comic forums, where when MC is up against people he really cant beat, they just stay away from the thread.

Zen2nd
Well I guess MC could jump on Duke's head?? Or kick him in the nuts?

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Onikirimaru
Maybe it isnt as bad as the comic forums, where when MC is up against people he really cant beat, they just stay away from the thread. Yea, go see wolverine vs hulk, or godzilla...

"wolveinees sith tab besets at wwhte he doese and cnat loseth!"

Onikirimaru
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Yea, go see wolverine vs hulk, or godzilla...

"wolveinees sith tab besets at wwhte he doese and cnat loseth!"

Oh yeah, I know the depts of it. Im just glad we dont have people like that for MC up here. Not yet anyway.

TwisterGameX
When on earth did Duke, do that to lara Croft ?
Anyway, Master Chief, ain't called the Chief for nothing. He He, his suit heals after a while he he, and he has that girl in his head to help him out. Those stick grenades will blow up Duke. Master Chief flipped over his vechile he he.

Hit_and_Miss
ok, looks like you will all call me a fanboy....
BUT;
MC is stronger then Duke
MC is cleaver then Duke
MC has better trainning then Duke
MC has much faster reactions then Duke
Duke has more Gum then Duke wink

Short of just killing aliens what feats has duke done?

MC plasma based weapons whould kill duke in 1/2 hits. Bullets work better in halo2 due to Chief suit being "downgraded" (for multiplayer) so that it can take more energy based attacks I.E. plasma, so bullets do more damage to his suit then plasma. his original suit delected bullets....

MC has this fight easy...
(I know I said duke has more then duke)

Onikirimaru
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
BUT;
MC is stronger then Duke
MC is cleaver then Duke

MC plasma based weapons whould kill duke in 1/2 hits. Bullets work better in halo2 due to Chief suit being "downgraded" (for multiplayer) so that it can take more energy based attacks I.E. plasma, so bullets do more damage to his suit then plasma. his original suit delected bullets....

(I know I said duke has more then duke)

No, Im not gonna call you a fanboy because you actually stepped up and say MC. Ill call you a fanboy if you start saying stuff like "MC has unbreakable adamantium armor and can jump 50 feet and can withstand blows from the hulk"

The fact that MC is stronger than duke isnt a factor. The battle is going to take place in a bar with guns. The stipulation that Duke is superhuman is in effect, since its a bit vague Im gonna assume that Dukes on steroids. If you have ever played Duke 3d, Duke is clearly alot faster than MC, and on steroids Duke can easily run circles around MC. Duke has fought against plasma type weapons, his enemies use plasma weapons. Further more, from the Halo, it is evident that plasma weapons are not instant death, since normal humans with armor can take a few shots from it. It isnt going to be a death sentance for Duke, who is superhuman with armor (with atomic health, Duke would effectivly be able to withstand twice as much as any normal Mr.T level tough guy) So, Plasma weapons isnt going to do him in, espeically since MC has to hit Duke, who is hella fast while on steroids. Duke on the other hand, has the Devestator, and judging from the game, it doesnt take many explosive rockets to do MC in, 2 at most, and the devestator fires them like 30 a second, or something like that. MC is too outgunned to take out the Duke.

Tha C-Master
BUT;
MC is stronger then Duke
MC is cleaver then Duke

(I know I said duke has more then duke) Infiltrated their bases, and sent them right to hell, before MC was even a concept.

Better trained? Debatable, duke was a one man army who had a keen shot, don't think because he doesn't have a cool costume he loses.

Duke has also gone through time 2x, and saved the world, bringing back all the women, him being the only man left.

Operation repopulation, duke is probably MC's great great great grandfather.

Hit_and_Miss
MC is far superior to a man on steriods. We both know that, Don't go judging MC in the game as a slow poke. Hes very fast about 40mph.

The game tries to give humans a chance. The books show that humans get wasted after 2 hits. Plasma is as hot as the sun, it quite easily burns though there armor and skin. If the game was as the books tell us, any humans in the game would be wiped out too fast for there even a point for them to be there in the first place.

Anyways whats the point in debating a games weapons where getting shot does 10hp damage. No one can take 1 bullet and walk around like its nothing. most games damage system takes a huge does of insanity to work.

Tha C-Master
Duke isn't "a man on steriods" if I were to take his book it'd say he's immortal.

The ability to get a gargantuan ailen rip its head off, get another one kick its eye faaaaaaaar away, you got something.

Add steriods, and duke is even better.

Duke could just shrink MC, or use the energy gun on him, freeze him, expand him, etc.

Hit_and_Miss
yer duke has some fairly random weapons...

Could you give me a run down on dukes powers plz...

Tha C-Master
He doesn't have a stat chart.

Superhuman strength, enhanced speed, super accuracy, steriods, woman charmer, (immortal, which is excluded), steriods (vitamin x)...

I got that for now...

DarkC
That's pretty much MC. ermm Just kick out the "woman charmer".

Tha C-Master
they are similar indeed one has less exotic weapons, and the other is badass.

ESB-1138
And Master Chief has no superhuman strength? Do you know how much his armor alone ways? Not to mention he can use any weapon and never gets tired.

Tha C-Master
I never said he didn't have superhuman strength.

Duke doesn't get tired either, now this is a coolness argument, there are no plot device weapons here, just the normal arsneal, duke has the more exotic arsneal.

DarkC
Chief's is more basic, but hey, he does have room for perfectly badass exoticness weapons.
http://www.halo2ce.epgservers.com/images/sword.jpg

ESB-1138
Energy Sword. A favorite.

Tha C-Master
Little against a freeze gun, unfortunately...

Onikirimaru
Since we're getting into the crazy fun weapons of Duke, that I forgot to really mention, MC has NO defense against a shrink ray. Duke would shrink him, pop him in his mouth, and chew him up, and then poop him out and put the poop into a paper bag, light the bag on fire, put it on the doorstep of Lara Croft, ring the doorbell, run, Lara comes out, stomps the fire out, Duke appears out the bush and they make sweet sweet love down by the fire.

And dont be talking bout no books, video game books are not cannon, I mean come on, According to the resident evil books rebecca chambers was fighting zombie commandos on an island outside of africa before re2 took place. If books are real then the whole demons behind the doom invasion were little aliens that made robots that look like demons to scare us and the doom guy got shrunk at the end and had to do everything all over again. Lo Wang would be a womanizing super uber ninja with crazy weapons and.... oh wait, well, the shadow warrior novels were pretty accurate. I can go write a novel about Duke Nukem flying around with rockets in his femurs and jumping 70 feet in the air and peeing hot fire, doesnt mean he can do it.

Sorry, went off on a novel tangent there, my bad. Had some bad experiences with game novelizations. Im sure in the books MC is very bad ass compared to who ever. But lets remember those are novelizations based on a game, not the other way around. And nothing you've mentioned so far seems to give him an Edge over Duke.

Hit_and_Miss
Superhuman strength, enhanced speed, super accuracy, steriods, woman charmer, steriods (vitamin x)...

MC is much the same then....
Super strength
enhanced speed
enhanced reactions
very accurate aswell
Sees the world in slow motion

Tha C-Master
Exactly, this is a shooting match, not spiderman vs wolverine.

Shrink ray, done...

Onikirimaru
Superhuman strength, enhanced speed, super accuracy, steriods, woman charmer, steriods (vitamin x)...

MC is much the same then....
Super strength
enhanced speed
enhanced reactions
very accurate aswell
Sees the world in slow motion

Exactly, it comes down to the arsenal, which is where Duke wins.

Tha C-Master
wink

Hit_and_Miss
could mc not kill duke with a rocket?? or cut him up with a sword?? perhaps duke could take more damage due to his insane badassness but theres no logicaly reason why 1 bullet to the head shouldn't kill him

Onikirimaru
Ok, back up a bit. We got it down to the arsenal, and Duke has the bigger arsenal. Now you say MC can win it with just a bullet to the head, or a rocket. What sense does that make. I mean, it makes sense, but when two guys are fighting, one has shrink rays, twin rapid fire missle luanchers (with clips of about 100 rockets), freeze ray, not to mention the "normal" chainguns, shotguns, explosive devices, oh my, and the other guy has bullets, energy weapons, and a 2 round rocket luancher, logic would assume the guy with the bigger guns would win. While MC would take his time to line up his head shot, Duke would be strafing and firing 100 rockets at him. And when you got all that exploding around you, you dont need to be quite so accurate.

Hit_and_Miss
All old games like doom and castle wolfenstin don't take alot of damage from bullets. Duke is just the same. Why should a single bullet to the head not kill duke? He is just a man after all.....

Tha C-Master
All old games like doom and castle wolfenstin don't take alot of damage from bullets. Duke is just the same. Why should a single bullet to the head not kill duke? He is just a man after all..... Immortal say it with me, he dies but he always came back...

Onikirimaru
All old games like doom and castle wolfenstin don't take alot of damage from bullets. Duke is just the same. Why should a single bullet to the head not kill duke? He is just a man after all.....

Didnt you just read what I said? He is not just a man, he is a man alot more well equiped than MC. By your logic a group of people with 60 year old old west six shooters could take out an equal number group of people with modern weaponry, because "Just a bullet in the head kills him" Duke has armor, Duke is well trained, he moves, he's taken on armies, ducks for cover, and can fire an crazy amount of rockets john woo style, more than enough rockets to take the Chief. And thats just one weapon. Shrink Ray! He has a weapon that will shrink Chief. It doesnt go through armor, it cant be resisted, it is a shrink ray, you shoot it, people shrink. MC and Duke are equal except when it comes to arsenal, and Duke wins arsenal in spades.

Tha C-Master
Freezegun, tripbomb, energy weapon, devastator (creme la creme), pipe bomb, on and on and on...

Darkstorm Zero
Plasma Cannon..... Instant nuke scale vapourising weapon.....

Onikirimaru
Yeah well I didnt want to pull out the plasma cannon in the debate since thats kinda the trump card, a nuclear blast is a bit overkill. But since you brought it up, a Nuclear level blast.

Tha C-Master
Well I left that out of the debate to make it fair, but I did love the plasma cannon, he did have one on the 64...

Hit_and_Miss
So far all im getting is duke owns MC cause all his weapons are instant kill.....

That maybe true, but can anyone give me a reason why a single hit from a battle rifle in the head hits him? Old west shooters are very inaccurate. You were lucky to hit a barn with them. though If one hit a man it would most likely kill him. it would also kill MC (if not for hit suit/shields. though all the pics I see of duke don't show him wearing any armor. No head gear what so ever....

darth-yoda
i was thinking the same thing cn duke taje a bullet to the head

Onikirimaru
What are you fishing for? You gonna say MC wins because duke doesnt wear a helmet?

Tha C-Master
Duke can dodge, and his weapons cover a greater radius, and some follow the opponent, energy weapon.

Even with that, duke wins 7/10...

Hit_and_Miss
No I'm just trying to give a little clarity to a fight... I agree that most of dukes arsenal would kill MC in one hit.... However the same could not be said if MC shot duke with his own guns....

Dukes char is a little unrealistic. I know, I know the concept of a super fighting cyborg in the year 2500 is a little far out... but his rules are more consitant. Duke shouldn't be able to live though a head shot, but he does...

Do you understand what I'm saying????

Tha C-Master
All characters do this though, this is why I say that certain logic is REMOVED from comics/games, but the wolverine fanboys persist.

Yes he can die thats what I meant, but duke is also immortal to an extent, remember?

CobbleR
Duke wins, don't deny it because you know it to be true

Hit_and_Miss
"but duke is also immortal to an extent, remember?"

If I remember you disallowed dukes immortal powers....

"All characters do this though"

MC. the finest creation of all man kind. A perfect human, with many amplified powers/abilites. Clearly should be able to take more rounds then lara croft, but doesn't.... most of MC arsenal should kill duke in a matter of 2/3 hits (going by halo rules) but it wouldn't in dukes world. cause bullets don't kill there.....

Tha C-Master
Well you were saying he shouldn't do this that, I already acknowledged that he could die in this case, so thats a cancelled point.

Duke's weapons can kill him in a hit or two, his weapons are more exotic and efficient was my point...

Hit_and_Miss
what would you give out of 10 fights....

Tha C-Master

Hit_and_Miss
whistle Yer I would agree with you there. Duke might win acouple of fights but MC would take the majority 7/10 for MC.....smile

So do you think would win if Duke could only use weapons from Halo, No guns from his own game???

Tha C-Master
Put MC in a human body and he'll still lose 7...

Onikirimaru
Saying Duke is unrealistically really isnt an arguement. Duke is a total BA, and in Dukes world, he is tough enough to take that punishement. He wears armor, and he just has the guts enough to fight through it. Saying that is unrealistic is saying Dante doing all his fancy stuff is unrealistic. Duke is on the same level as MC. Duke just has more firepower. Duke would win. You can say "But a head shot can kill duke" and Ill say "But 100 missles fired in 10 seconds can kill MC" or "1 Shrink ray can shrink MC" or this or that. Out of 10 fights I can give MC a couple because he's no slouch but Duke has got this.

Tha C-Master
Yes...

Hit_and_Miss
so is that all you guys are basing a duke win on? shrink ray and his rocket launcher?

If I remember correctly.... No uber powerful weapons..... was one of the conditions of the fight.

Tha C-Master
Its not an uberpowerful weapon, I said weapons like grenade launchers and stuff were fine, no nukes.

Mr."Plasma gun"

Shrink ray is damaging, it just alters the state of the character...

Reminds me of the wolverine threads now stick out tongue

Onikirimaru
What weapon is too strong? Let me guess, any weapon that can kill MC is too strong to be used in the conditions. Yeah, ok, right.

CobbleR
so is that all you guys are basing a duke win on? shrink ray and his rocket launcher?

If I remember correctly.... No uber powerful weapons..... was one of the conditions of the fight.
You drink, you post, you lose

Hit_and_Miss
come on guys.....

I though I could debate with you about this, instead all my post are jumped on...

Question still stands...

Could duke beat MC with halo weapons?

Tha C-Master
You're the only person posting, of course I gotta jump on you, nothing personal.

Take off MC's armor then...

Why do you keep trying to change the match, do you at least admit that duke wins by the standard rules? stick out tongue

CobbleR
I believe only the creator of the thread can change the rules.

Hit_and_Miss
I ask that question for 2 reasons.....

1) I wana see how great duke is in your eyes that he could beat his superior without his weapon advantage.
2) If its not true, as duke would lose with halo weapons I would then concide that duke only would win this...

Onikirimaru
I thought we agreed MC is on the same level as Duke, so if they had the same arsenal it would be an even match. Like a stalemate or something.

Hit_and_Miss
"I thought we agreed MC is on the same level as Duke,"

you seriously believe that???

Onikirimaru
Oh sorry someone else agreed to that, my bad.

I think it would be an even match between the two if they had the same weapons.

Hit_and_Miss
hang on let me go read up on duke, I think he might of mutated some new powers I missing here.....

apart from ODing of pills.... what stops him getting killed from one battle rifle burts to the head???

Onikirimaru
His powers dont come from steroids, they are just a boost item. I dont see where MC has any abilities Duke doesnt have.

Hit_and_Miss
Insant reactions.....sees in slow motion.... Can lift 50 tons... Can punch down concrete walls..... Is super intelegent...

Onikirimaru
Ok, this is gonna up a whole can of worms here, but let me throw it out there. Its gonna take a while because im in one of my long winded moods, and I aint got nothing else to do all night.

The question we have here is, just what is canon. Now you say he sees in slow motion, can lift 50 tons, ect ect. Now, im assuming they explain this stuff in detail in the novel, I beleive you've said it before. Master Chief is a video game character, he is based in video games. His video game he does not show this prowess. Now your going to say "But thats just game mechanics, he really is more powerful" However, I beg to differ.

You can say something is "just game mechanics and not true" often when dealing with other characters in the game world. When your playing a Superman game, and superman can be harmed by enemies attacks, THAT is a game mechanic. We can clearly see by the source material Supes doesnt really get hurt to the point of being KOed by anything short of a Krytonite enema, and even that is up in the air depending on which incarnation of superman it is. Also, in Xmen legends, the Xmen start out weak, and many Xmen's powers are limited, this is also a game mechanic, but we can see its not truely the case because the source material shows them not being limited in such ways.

Some video game characters have similar dilemmas of their abilities shown in game mismatching game mechanics. Example Dante, who reportedly has amazing abilities, can die to normal enemies. These cases can also be considerd void due to game mechanics, because, although they die to normal enemies, in other scenes they are shown to posses great power. And this is their source material, the definate judgment of their abilites.

Street Fighter is a bit of a grey area, and this is because of the nature of the games. The different endings constantly contradict each other, and if you want to paint a picture of the storyline, you have to paint carefully. Sometimes, endings can exist together, sometimes the completely contradict each other. Mostly, the "main" goodguy storyline is considered the "real" storyline, and many other endings can be absorbed into continuity. However, in 90% of the cases, the character endings represent something within the characters "power" range. Like Akuma karate chopping a nuclear sub and what have you.

Now this brings us to the delicate case at hand. MC's source material, is the game Halo. This is this flagship, his source, the one and only, the main thing. He does not showcase these abilites. He may be strong, since he can flip a jeep and kill anyone with a blow to the back of the head, but he doesnt see things in slow motion or things of that nature. If the creators envisioned their super soldier with the ability to see in slow motion, when they sat around their table and said "What do we want our hero to do" they would have said "See in slow motion" then they would have had a bullet time thing or something to that affect. Now, this is when we come to the preverbial line in the sand. Where an outside source has stated he has these powers, yet the main source of the character, is lacking. Its not like the case of Dante, because these abilities were not shown in the actual game, the source material, as they were with DMC in cut scenes. MC never showed instant reflexes in any cutscene or mentioned it. This is a case of a novelization of a game. In this case, we must harken back to other cases of a novelization of a game. Doom, if everything in Doom where true, your real enemy would be aliens and you would have a spunky side kick. However, I dont need to tell you that isnt considered the case. Resident Evil, the source game is obviously contradicted the events in those books, and of course, everyone buys what the GAME is selling, over the books. The same thing with movies, when talking about Resident Evil game plot, nobody really sites what happened in the movies. Its not the source, its not how it really is, its not cannon. So, going buy the track record, books arnt canon compared to games, as far as characters and events whose source material is games.

Now, let me play the devils advocate to my own self. Lets consider that everything in the books is true. This causes more headaches than before. The only basis we can compare these two characters on, is in each of their video game, where each take out armies of aliens in bad-ass ways. Granted, Duke had alot more one liners and his aliens often times where bigger, but Im not belittling feats here. Lets just say that both of these character's feats are equal, they both took on an army by themselves, and came out on top. Now, 1 guy, has super reflexes and accuracy and resistance and all this stuff. Logically, you would say that the other character has equal abilities. They both perform on an equal level, so logically they must be equal in abilities. If two people tie in a race, and you know 1 guy runs 50 miles an hour, then the other must do that too. If two guys lift the same amount, 1 guy can bench 800 pounds, then you assume the other can do that as well.

What it boils down to is wether you want to beleive Master Chief can do those feats, or if you think MC doing those feats is PIS. It is a dilemma very similar to the Wolverine problem on the Comic vs bourds. Wolverine has some instances where he does things that by definition of his abilities, he shouldnt be able to, like fight the Hulk. Well, one group of people use that instance as their main arguement, saying "Look, Wolvie cut the hulk" while the other say "That is PIS, it clearly shouldnt happen, and isnt a basis of an argument" And then both sides argue for about 20 pages in a thread. Neither one can really prove their point, since technically, both are correct. Wolvie does in fact cut the hulk regularly, while simutaniously it shouldnt happen. Now in this agument, you can say "MC does this" and I can say "I think thats PIS he doesnt do it in the game," But Id like to circumvent the 20 page argument and just say, lets agree to disagree on this. Or at the least, discuss it civily, because since Im sure its gonna come up in the future in other threads, and it would be nice to decide something here, wether yay or nay on the book stuff.

I got a little sarcastic with ya on some other threads, thats my bad. I do that alot, Ive a very sarcastic person, and I really shouldnt do it unless Wolverine is involved. You called my comics crappy, and that hurt my feelings, so we're even there. This isnt personal, we're talkin bout fictional characters we really have no vested interest in. This isnt personal, so lets not pretend it is.

You know, after all that talk, I forget that MC does have that energy shield, and if Duke is fighting on MC's level arsenal wise, MC's energy shield is a much more decisive edge. I think, with the same arsenal, MC would win, since Duke wouldnt have access to any items to equalize the shield edge. Funny if I thought of that 20 mins ago I could have spend my time looking at porn or something.

Longest........ post.......... ever

CobbleR
I hate how people do that. They try to change the situation so that the character they are giving a blow job to can win. I say that's bull shit. In a bar fight with their own weapons Duke wins get over it.

Hit_and_Miss
Listen cobbler... I didn't change the fight. I explained why I asked that question...

I already agreed that dukes godly 1000 rockets would win... I'm not enough of a fanboy to argue against that. I know it... What I was against is people saying Duke is better then MC, and wins for reasons other then his weapons....

MC and the books time....

Books were given to us to try and explain alot of what the story line missed out on... as the writer tried to plug the gaps he has to give reasons...

Some basic questions you could ask that the game don't solve...
1) why did the piller of autumn find halo...
2) why isn't every soldier in MC armor...
3) why is there only one MC....
4) why is the war even happening....

The list is endless... the games story line does very little other then get you hooked into " THOSE BLOODY COVENANT!!!! I'M GONNER KILL YOU ALL!" mood...

MC in the game... can't show the lvl of power that the books give him as it would make the game too complex... How would they cope with MC's super relexes... How would they show MC's slow look on the world? (with bullet time???? its possible, but at the same time... the game developers wanted it to be a multiplayer game... you run into all sorts of problems then.)... How do they give you MC's years of tactical training?? or any of the other advantages of talked about....

What it comes down to is this... Its a game, they want you to have fun. The games harder and easier for them in its current state... alot of games have there main chars more powerful outside of the game...

Street fighter
DBZ
Any marvel/DC game

Just cause duke beats aliens and MC beats aliens doesn't mean there equal... Duke can't pull of half of the feats MC has... most of which come down to his suit.... and theres his advantage...

MC wins against duke untill he fires 1000 rockets... A cheap win, but a win none the less

Tha C-Master
No duke can freeze, shoot rockets, use his energy weapon etc.

What you are doing, is taking away dukes partial immortality, but leaving MC his suit, AND his weapons.

That isn't fair, put duke at his best and MC at his best and MC loses.

Put duke and MC OUT of armor, and give them the same weapons and its a tie.

Plain and simple.

"Lets keep MC's armor, but take away dukes' weapons are just bull, plain and simple."

CobbleR
Listen cobbler... I didn't change the fight. I explained why I asked that question...
Just because you explained why you asked a dumb question which would result in MC winning doesn't alter the fact that you tried to change the situation so you could get the satisfaction of hearing that MC can beat Duke. So shut up you anal fairy. Duke wins MC loses, don't try to change the situation.

SaTsuJiN
rofl shrink chief and step on him.. pwnt...

Onikirimaru
Originally posted by CobbleR
Just because you explained why you asked a dumb question which would result in MC winning doesn't alter the fact that you tried to change the situation so you could get the satisfaction of hearing that MC can beat Duke. So shut up you anal fairy. Duke wins MC loses, don't try to change the situation.

This post gets my seal of approval.

Hit_and_Miss
oh!..... anal fairy.... wow.. though of that all by yourself?
I'm suddenly seeing the light... all your posts make sense now... you have the intellect of a 5 year old.... I'm glad my tax bucks go to helping people like you have some standard of life. God knows you need it! Its such a shame that you will never know the advantages of having a brain.

Contrary to popular belief I don't actually get satisfaction from hearing people say... "Wow your the best!"...... "I was wrong".
Thats what losers look for. People to give them validation cause they can't believe in themselves.

C-master
"What you are doing, is taking away dukes partial immortality, but leaving MC his suit, AND his weapons"

I know that with his immortality he would win... Theres no challenge for duke to win there... Duke could kill just about any shooter char with immortality.... hell he could beat MC with a spoon if he was immortal. What I wanted to know was which char would win with your conditions, and duke not having his weapon advantage.

Onikirimaru
Why bother apologising for getting sarcy and then going on to give your approval to someone calling me an "Anal Fairy"

Makes no sense... If you want to attack me... Just do it yourself. Don't give back handed approval to insults if your not man enough to do it yourself.

CobbleR
Calling someone dumb but using fancy words to do it is just as lame as Onikirimaru giving his seal of approval to me. If you're going to call some one a dumb ass just come right out and say " hey you're a dumb ass". Secondly calling me dumb is something a 5 year old would do, so now you're a hypocrite, of equal intelligance as a 5 year old, and an anal fairy.

Hit_and_Miss
yes and calling someone an anal fairy instead of just gay isn't as bad.....

Listen kid... I know your at a point in your life where you could go to college and get your sorry ass educated... my advice... give it up, no matter how long you spend in school you will never advance further then fry boy, maybe you could get onto the grills one day.....

CobbleR
You were born in 1985 meaning you're 19 or 20. I have a rule that I follow and that is I don't take advice on life from any one unless they're older than 30. You also have no way of knowing what my future is, the possibilities are endless and the only way I would end up at the fryers is if I take up your attitude tword life.
BTW Anal Fairy takes a lot more thought than just calling someone dumb so it is better.

Hit_and_Miss
lol questioning your abilities to think takes less then calling them gay??? children plz.

I actually give my full birthday, so if you can add...(further proof to add to the lack of a brain theory) you would know I'm 20.

My attitude can't be that bad... I'm at university. I'll keep my figures crossed.. maybe they will give you the workers disability allowance as well!...

Do you ever enter a thread and actually contribute to it? like give proof to your views. Or do you always just jump in.. give a one liner why a char would win.... and then start trolling?

CobbleR
Not being able to add and not caring when your birthday is are two different things. I just popped into your profile to see what year. Also your "theory" on my abilities to think, doesn't make much sense considering that I'm in all Honors classes at school. Lastly me giving one liners on why a character would win doesn't seem to be very bad because you're the only person complaining.

Hit_and_Miss
lol..... Your in all honors classes at school and your best insult was to call me gay? and you complain that I use fancy words?

I still don't understand why you attacked me in the first place? I just thats just what you do...

CobbleR
When I called you an anal fairy I wasn't calling you gay. Also I'm sorry you feel I attacked you.

Tha C-Master
I'm not fighting, but I am laughing...

Hit_and_Miss
lol... at least you are... this guy is freakin me out now.

Ill except your appology just restrain your need to call people names....

Tha C-Master
???

Onikirimaru
Onikirimaru
Why bother apologising for getting sarcy and then going on to give your approval to someone calling me an "Anal Fairy"

Makes no sense... If you want to attack me... Just do it yourself. Don't give back handed approval to insults if your not man enough to do it yourself.

Because Im INSANE!!! Im crazy!!! You dont know what Im gonna do next! One minute Im nice, next Im very mean and prone to mood swings! Actually I just liked the use of the word anal fairy. I didnt care that he called you an anal fairy, he could have called me an anal fairy and I would have gotten just as much enjoyment out of it. Can you imagine what an anal fairy might look like? I think it would like like a normal fairy, just lives in my anus, and if you fart really loudly and enough people laugh at you, the anal fairy might come out and grant you a wish! Thats great! Anyone using such colorful language gets my seal of approval.

Now, if I may moderate this discussion a bit, you may want to steer the topic back on track, this little tangent came about from him calling hit_and_miss out on changing rules just to get MC a win, shall we address that point instead of debating on which of us is the anal fairy or a retard.

Tha C-Master
Anal fairy was pretty funny, I'm still kinda chuckling...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.