Street-Level Tourney: Drafting (Round 1)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigiMark007
Little late...sorry fellas.

Rules:

1. Only draft one person this round. PM me with the pick, don't post it here.

2. Don't Pm me with "I want Spidey and if he;s taken I want Wolverine,a nd if he's taken....etc." Only one character.

3. Remember the limits. I'd rather not ahve to bana bunch of people.

4. I'll post them here...feel free to refute them if you think any picks are beyond the limits.

5. We'll make "standard equipment" on an inidividual basis

6. I'll re-post the rules soon.

7. Be patient. I'm not sure how this method of drafting will work, so if there's kinks to work out please be understanding.

Good luck...

DigiMark007
Two more things...

1. No, you don't have to specify mind/mind stuff right now. Khell asked over in the other thread and I figured I'd answer it here.

2. Anyone who wants, feel free to "sign up" for the first alternate spot. My spidey senses are telling me we're going to have one or two no-shows for the drafts. Right now we have the following people (which means all these people should be drafting): Scoobless, Khell, LP, SF, Laminator, Zachrivard, Nataku, Dizzle, Sentry, Solidus Snake, Dr. SpiderHulk, Jinizin, Piedmon, KVD, Newjak, and JP.

DigiMark007
The Midnighter has been chosen

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m/midnghtr.htm

DigiMark007
Spider-Man ahs been chosen

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/s/spiderman.htm

DigiMark007
Deathstroke has been chosen

http://www.angelfire.com/ar/hellUSA/Deathstroketheterminator.html

Khellendros
Ohhhh man I am getting excited...

DigiMark007
Oh holy sh*t I love my new sig and avy! I thanked him in private already, but Codera's the freakin' man!

Good picks so far by the way...about what I expected. Solid stuff.

Another thing...about standard equipment...

Feel free to PM me with what stuff you think your character should have, so that we can discuss it without anyone giving away who they picked. But I'll announce everyone's equipment publicly in the thread here, in case anyone wants to object to something.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Oh holy sh*t I love my new sig and avy! I thanked him in private already, but Codera's the freakin' man!

Good picks so far by the way...about what I expected. Solid stuff.

Another thing...about standard equipment...

Feel free to PM me with what stuff you think your character should have, so that we can discuss it without anyone giving away who they picked. But I'll announce everyone's equipment publicly in the thread here, in case anyone wants to object to something. No prob, do what I can...

DigiMark007
American Eagle has been chosen.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/a/americaneagle.htm

Max Spidey 24
Spiderman is already taken. Why am I not surprised ?

Dr.SpiderHulk
American Eagle too much faster....faster than spiderman...

DigiMark007
Doctor Octopus has been chosen.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/d/droctopus.htm

I thought about that (with American Eagle) but the fastest sprinters are about 25 Miles/Hour at top speed. It would be safe to assume that Spider-Man, being at least 10 times (more really) stronger than even a strong human, could run at least twice as fast (about 50MPH). And that's a safe estimate. I know Spidey isn't know for foot speed, but it's reasonsable to assume he could do that. American Eagle isn't too far past that, and he meets the other requirements, so he's fine.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Max Spidey 24
Spiderman is already taken. Why am I not surprised ? what are you talking about, spiderman's useless, useless I say...

DigiMark007
Agent Zero has been picked.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/a/agentzero.htm

Also, 8BitChris is our first alternate in case anyone is a no-show...but we'll give everyone plenty of time before axe-ing them.

Sentry

Also, 8BitChris is our first alternate in case anyone is a no-show...but we'll give everyone plenty of time before axe-ing them.

Damn...

Khellendros

laughing

GEE I WONDER WHO PICKED HIM?

long pig
oh no...zero

Khellendros
Originally posted by long pig
oh no...zero

...Please, please don't tell me someone else got to him first. I really don't have the time to spend the requisite hour laughing my ass off right now.

Sentry
Zero would have been perfectly in tune with my amaglam... Now I have to choose an alternate for my secound round pick.

long pig
evil face

Tha C-Master
I picked agent zero.

WHATCHAGONNADO brother?

long pig
Off Topic, but doesn't Midnighter have A.I.Ds?

Khellendros
Off Topic, but doesn't Midnighter have A.I.Ds?
For two weeks. His body fought it off. His healing factor isn't up to Wolverine level, but his resistance to disease and toxins is incredible.

long pig
That's.....wtf.

Tha C-Master
indeed...

Khellendros
That's.....wtf.
laughing laughing

zachrivard
i agree

long pig
So, he's gay, married to a man and has A.I.Ds?

Bush would love him.

Khellendros
So, he's gay, married to a man and has A.I.Ds?

Bush would love him.
Gay, married to a man, and USED to have AIDS, yeah. I don't think he would care whether Bush would like him. He pushed one president through a door into Iraq and I think beat the hell out of another one.

DigiMark007
Anyone makes fun of the bad-ass in my sig again and I'll force them to pick Jubilee next round. Grrrr!

smile

long pig
I wish I knew more about that whole universe.

It gets awesome critical acclaim. I could get over the weirdness if it really was an awesome story.

DigiMark007
Nightcrawler has been chosen

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/n/nightcrawler.htm

No taking limbs off while teleporting though.

Dr.SpiderHulk
Did you get my choose...digimon?

smile

Inspectah Deck
How come no one is voting for The C-Master?

DigiMark007
The person who chose Dr. Octopus has switched him for Dr. Octopus II (a woman). Here's the link...

http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/doctor_octopus2.html

Basically Doc Ock with some low-level lasers (to burn webbing) and a low-to-mid level forcefield. She still lost to Spidey though, so even though I've never heard of her she seems within the limits.

And yes Dr. SpiderHulk, I got your pick...I might have forgotten to PM you back saying it was ok. It should be back on page 1 somewhere (that shouldn't reveal much).

Also, EsteemedLeader is our Alternate #2. I think I'll PM if someone misses the first draft, then if there still isn't any activity about midway through the second draft I'll replace them and add in an alternate.

DigiMark007

DigiMark007
Darkhawk has been selected.

http://www.norse-man.net/Marvel/Char-D/Darkhawk.htm

The glider will be taken away (because of the no flight rule) but otherwise he seems within the rules.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
How come no one is voting for The C-Master? I'm not in this one, lol...

Laminator_X
Bulbasaur, I choose you!

Tha C-Master
Bulbasaur was my favorite, and dragonite...

Khellendros
Darkhawk has been selected.

http://www.norse-man.net/Marvel/Char-D/Darkhawk.htm

The glider will be taken away (because of the no flight rule) but otherwise he seems within the rules.
Uhh, so how's that whole bodyswap thing gonna work? Are we just gonna give the android body the powers of the other two?

K Von Doom
Deathstroke is going to be tough at this level

K Von Doom
Originally posted by Max Spidey 24
Spiderman is already taken. Why am I not surprised ?

He's the 'cap' so it goes to reason that he'll be snapped up right away.

What 'bodyswap' think is Khell referring to?

Khellendros
Originally posted by K Von Doom
He's the 'cap' so it goes to reason that he'll be snapped up right away.

What 'bodyswap' think is Khell referring to?
The Darkhawk form isn't a suit of armor, it's an android body that Chris switches into. When he makes the switch his real body goes... somewhere (I don't remember where) else.

long pig
The body switch thing won't work with a cyborg, since we are doing it literally.

A robot's body doesn't have what it takes to keep a human brain alive.
Especially not one that isn't designed to house a human brain.

I kinda hope I'm wrong....cuz...

K Von Doom
I kinda hope I'm wrong....cuz...

... the body you're using isn't designed to house a human brain?

It probably won't be much of an issue - we're using the minds (powers and experience) of the other two, not the physical brain, else you'd have to squash two brains into one human sized head.

long pig
No, I just hope we aren't going -that- litteral.

I mean, like if someone is 8'4 and they pick wolverine's bones, they'll be squished or something retarded like that.

long pig
isn't darkhawk magical?

Sentry
isn't darkhawk magical?

Yes Darkhawk is magical. He can also project shield in front of him strong enough to withstand a rpg blast or Iron Man Repulsor beams with ease. Plus Current Darkhawk can FLY!!! He doesn't need to use that grappling hook any more.

Scoobless
yeah... but flying isn't allowed anyway .... plus as teleporting was banned, why did someone take NightCrawler?

DigiMark007
Teleportation isn't banned. That was never a stipulation. Perhaps it should have been but it wasn't.

Also, Darkhawk's shield is only in front of him...I figured it wasn't all-encompassing so it wouldn't be a problem.

His glider has been taken away...the Darkhawk for the tourney can't fly.

And I'm not sure about the body thing. It'll probably be just the android body (with its strength and durability) and the powers and experience of the other two.

How is he magical?? Because otherwise we took away the flight so the pick should be ok.

DigiMark007
Cyclops has been taken

http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/3759/Cyclops.html

DigiMark007
General Grievous has been taken

http://comics.ign.com/objects/739/739481.html

http://www.supershadow.com/pictures/episode3/general_grievous_ep3.html

http://www.answers.com/topic/general-grievous

He doesn't wield the force, so there's no telepathy or TK. Just his body and the lightsabers.

Scoobless
Teleportation isn't banned. That was never a stipulation. Perhaps it should have been but it wasn't.

my mistake

No phasing, illusions, invisibility, or flight

i must have imagined it

confused

stormfront13
why can't we just use certain abilities of characters. like i know a street-level character who can fly and has tp, but she also has other abilities that are okay for the tourney. why can't we just use the other abilities?

Scoobless
i think you probably could do that.... but you'd have to specify what you would and wouldn't be using when you make the pick

Scoobless
so far we've got (in the order they were first posted)

1) Midnighter
2) Spider-Man
3) Deathstroke....... (what a shocker that these three went first.... eek! )
4) American Eagle
5) Doctor Octopus II
6) Agent Zero
7) Nightcrawler
8) Darkhawk
9) Cyclops
10) General Grievous

still got 6 to go...... i'd have thought that everyone who wanted to be in this would have tried to get their first choice character within the first 24 hours

any speculation so far as to who picked whom?..... so far only one chick... sorry.... i mean one "super" chick has been chosen... and the overwhelming tendency seems to be towards Marvel characters with very few exceptions

Sentry
No one picked.... Wolverine!!!!

Scoobless
not yet.... still a few people left to make their first choices...... there's bound to be at least one Wolverine fan amongst them

Sentry
Originally posted by Scoobless
not yet.... still a few people left to make their first choices...... there's bound to be at least one Wolverine fan amongst them

"coughJinzincough"

Just kidding! big grin

Or am I? shifty

Khellendros
I gotta say, I'm so far impressed by the Grievous and Eagle picks. I can't wait to see who picked who.

EsteemedLeader
i hope someone doesnt show up and i get to fight. is this amalgam?

Tha C-Master
yes, and there should be no fights, I'm not in it lol.

Scoobless
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
i hope someone doesnt show up and i get to fight. is this amalgam?

yup

anyone you would have picked been chosen already?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Sentry
"coughJinzincough"

Just kidding! big grin

Or am I? shifty thats right on the money...

Scoobless
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
yes, and there should be no fights, I'm not in it lol.

you had as much chance to sign up as anyone (except me.... cos i rule and didn't need to bother with the petty machinations of a "sign-up"wink

stick out tongue

Laminator_X
I was going to go more obscure, butif you're looking for people with web bios there's only so much out there besides marvel and DC. I was tempted to just flesh out the Sovereign Seven entry on Wikipedia myself but I decided that would've been over the line.

EsteemedLeader
yup

anyone you would have picked been chosen already?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

no, hes still open, i dont have to worry, hes one of those "i wasnt thinking about him but i know he exists now that im thinking about it" characters.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Laminator_X
I was going to go more obscure, butif you're looking for people with web bios there's only so much out there besides marvel and DC. I was tempted to just flesh out the Sovereign Seven entry on Wikipedia myself but I decided that would've been over the line.

lol.... let's all make up our own characters. create our own web bios for them and give them powers like

"lifts 19.5 tons, super-agility, pre-cog, computerised brain, indestructible skeleton,

Equipment: lightsaber, two webshooters, energy shield, robotic arms, super-healing, two laser pistols, shotgun, blah, blah, blah....."

big grin

Khellendros
lol.... let's all make up our own characters. create our own web bios for them and give them powers like

"lifts 19.5 tons, super-agility, pre-cog, computerised brain, indestructible skeleton,

Equipment: lightsaber, two webshooters, energy shield, robotic arms, super-healing, two laser pistols, shotgun, blah, blah, blah....."

big grin
You joke, but I seriously considered asking if I could use an RP character I use on another forum so long as I could find a bit of webspace to put up his bio.

Laminator_X
I'm one of the four people who have the complete run of S7, and was digging the idea of Sheriff Molly (a small town law who used to do something far more dangerous before her son was born), but as far as the net is concerned she'd just a name on an appearances list.

Whirlysplatt
The original Archer would have been a good choice smile

Laminator_X

big grin
So who are your other two pics?

DigiMark007
One thing, on selective power useage.

It's one thing to remove a glider (like Darkhawk) or a 'Wand of Telepathy' or something, but when powers are an intrinsic part of the person, I find it harder to say "Ok, just don't use that and you'll be fine." Like picking Angel (for example) for his healing and said you wouldn't fly. I couldn't allow it, simply because flying is part of who he is. If I allowed stuff like that, this sort of thing would be justified... "I pick the Flash, but I'll only go as fast as Spider-Man so he won't be over the limit." A little ridiculous but that's the idea.

So if it's something easily removable (equipment and such) or if it's a minor ability, that fine...we can eliminate it and still use the character. But if it's too big an issue to remove it, I can't allow it.

Scoobless
One thing, on selective power useage.

It's one thing to remove a glider (like Darkhawk) or a 'Wand of Telepathy' or something, but when powers are an intrinsic part of the person, I find it harder to say "Ok, just don't use that and you'll be fine." Like picking Angel (for example) for his healing and said you wouldn't fly. I couldn't allow it, simply because flying is part of who he is. If I allowed stuff like that, this sort of thing would be justified... "I pick the Flash, but I'll only go as fast as Spider-Man so he won't be over the limit." A little ridiculous but that's the idea.

So if it's something easily removable (equipment and such) or if it's a minor ability, that fine...we can eliminate it and still use the character. But if it's too big an issue to remove it, I can't allow it.

damn... there goes one of the things i was gonna try and use

stick out tongue

Whirlysplatt
Aric Anni Padda the eternal warrior would be a good choice guys smile

Scoobless
who?

embarrasment

Whirlysplatt
who?

embarrasment

His a valiant character his the best for street level of three brothers

Eternal Warrior (A Valiant Character)

(His strength is about Wolverines) Whirly

With an ultra-dense cellular structure that gives him great
strength and the ability to heal from the most grievous of wounds,
Gilad Anni-Padda is even immune to the ravages of time.
The greatest fighter from an age when the sword was the law, he
was ancient before the rise of the Pharaohs, and shall survive the
fall of nations yet to come. He is the Fist and Steel of those
who guard the Earth--the Geomancers, and his battle is
never-ending...

Bravest of a warrior tribe, Gilad Anni-Padda was born before
recorded history.

He and his brothers, Aram and Ivar, are the only known naturally
immortal humans.

When their tribe is decimated by the Sumerians, Gilad and his
brothers go their separate ways.

Establishing a relationship with the Geomancers, Gilad pledges
to enforce their will for generations to come.

Centuries later in China, Gilad first battles the Immortal Enemy,
General Cheng. It is Cheng's hatred of Gilad that makes him
reincarnate through the ages, always seeking Gilad's destruction.

In World War II, Gilad meets Neville Alcott, who would later serve
to aid the Eternal Warrior's causes.

Now known as Gilad Abrams, the Warrior fights the Immortal Enemy's
latest incarnation: Colombian drug lord Juan Javier Caldone.

DigiMark007
Cassidy has been picked

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/c/cassidy.htm

Healing too well might be an issue with this guy, but we have the healing limit set at Deadpool (who can also heal real fast). I'm thinking repeated wounds would eventually get to him, so he should be fine to allow.

Khellendros
Cassidy has been picked

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/c/cassidy.htm

Healing too well might be an issue with this guy, but we have the healing limit set at Deadpool (who can also heal real fast). I'm thinking repeated wounds would eventually get to him, so he should be fine to allow.
No, multiple shots won't get to him. He's been dismembered and still cussing out the guy doing it to him. Basically the only way to stop him is to reduce him to a torso. And that won't even kill him.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Khellendros
No, multiple shots won't get to him. He's been dismemebered and still cussing out the guy doing it to him. Basically the only way to stop him is to reduce him to a torso. And that won't even kill him.

but it will incapacitate him for the sake of a match result......

what about the Black Night from Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

http://www.andgor.com/AA%20AndGor%20Images/619_Black_Knight_1.jpg

laughing out loud

EsteemedLeader
but it will incapacitate him for the sake of a match result......

what about the Black Night from Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

i have a t-shirt with that pic on it, and the "its just a flesh wound" caption...

Solidus Snake
No, multiple shots won't get to him. He's been dismemebered and still cussing out the guy doing it to him. Basically the only way to stop him is to reduce him to a torso. And that won't even kill him.

true, but when his head was cut off, he just laid on the floor and twitched. he was defeated.

and jesse custer kicked his ass nice and good

Khellendros
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
true, but when his head was cut off, he just laid on the floor and twitched. he was defeated.

and jesse custer kicked his ass nice and good
Jeese's only advantage was fighting skill, and Jesse still didn't put him down, he just beat on Cassidy till he was done.

Scoobless
give some more examples of what he's done so we can make an informed vote as to whether or not he's allowed (if it comes to that)

Khellendros
give some more examples of what he's done so we can make an informed vote as to whether or not he's allowed (if it comes to that)
Ugh, it's been so long. The only scene that really sticks out for me is the one where Cassidy is chained up in a basement and a guy has been hired to see what it takes to kill him. He gets his groin shot off, is dismembered at least once, is reduced to what looked like a pile of flesh attached to a head, and just kept healing from it. I THINK he also survived a direct gunshot to the head.

Solidus Snake
well, he wasnt chained up he was just in a big hole

and a grenade put him down in that same tpb as did a machine gun attack

query? when is the second round draft?

DanZeke25
I wonder if he got my PM?

DigiMark007
It still seems like Cassidy can be put down. You don't necesarily have to kill someone for a win.

And the 2nd draft will start either when everyone has chosen, or next Friday/Saturday. I'm figuring about a week for each draft to choose and discuss picks.

DigiMark007
Vixen has been chosen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vixen_%28comics%29

She doesn't become them (like Beast Boy) just copies them, so she should be very versatile but not too powerful (I can't see Spidey or similar people losing to her).

DigiMark007
Azreal has been picked.

http://members.tripod.com/AgentoftheBat/azraelfr.html

Also, DanZeke25 is our Alternate #3

long pig
Digi is doing a fine job.

How many people do we have left?
I'm ready to draft the second pick.

Whirlysplatt
This guy is a good choice:

Archer is a consumate martial artist and a Harbinger,
gifted with uncanny powers of perception. Since a childhood
near-death experience, he has committed himself to vanquishing
the evils of the world. Armstrong is an immortal, amoral libertine
who abandoned such naive idealism thousands of years ago.
As different from each other as Yin and Yang, they go together
as naturally as beer and pretzels...

As a child, Obadiah archer discovers that his evangelist
parents are, in reality, deviant killers.

In an attempt to cover their tracks, they engineer Archer's
fiery death. Archer is left clinically dead, but he miraculously
returns to the land of the living--longing for vengeance.

Archer's resurrection seems to have endowed him with paranormal
abilities. Running away, he travels to Ladakh, where his psionic
powers of perception and coordination make him the greatest martial
artist to ever live!

Whirlysplatt
As is his partner Armstrong Arics brother

Returning to America many years later, Archer meets a drifter
named Armstrong, who is actually thousands of years old and
as strong as a tank.

"Armstrong", borm Aram, is the brother of Ivar, the Timewalker
and Gilad Anni-Padda, the Eternal Warrior.

They are pursued across the globe by a cult called the Sect,
who believe Armstrong is the Devil and must be destroyed.

On a Mediterranean isle, Archer meets Armstrong's beautiful wife,
Andromeda, who seemingly wields magical powers.

Moving on to England, the pair finds Ivar about to be lynched
by a temporally-displaced mob. Only Solar's timely intervention
saves the day.

Back in L.A., they once again face Sect leader Mahmud, who now wields
the enormous power derived from the mysterious items within
Armstrong's satchel.

Settling down in Los Angeles, Archer & Armstrong find that trouble
continues to find them. In the coming months, their attempts to
recover art treasures stolen from Armstrong will bring them into
conflict with neo-Nazis. And a second brush with death will leave
Archer even more fanatically bent on destroying the evils of

Nataku8188
I could get archer and armstrong comics from my comic shop for 20 cents each, if they didn't look fruity as all hell.

Sentry
Originally posted by Nataku8188
I could get archer and armstrong comics from my comic shop for 20 cents each, if they didn't look fruity as all hell.

You know Whirly, he's into fruits.

Nataku8188

Someone call the fire department, I think we got a burn victim.

Whirlysplatt

The Valiant ones wer great smile

Whirlysplatt

but unlike you I'm not keen on bananas Happy Dance

It likes you shifty

laughing

Scoobless
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
his psionic
powers of perception and coordination make him the greatest martial
artist to ever live!

what type of psionic powers? they're pretty limited in this game

Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
Armstrong, who is actually thousands of years old and
as strong as a tank.

too strong for this tourney

Whirlysplatt
what type of psionic powers? they're pretty limited in this game

too strong for this tourney

Really no visible psinic powers its just an excuse to try and explain why he never misses like bullseye only better and reacts so fast a bit like spiderman in reaction time.

Armstrong is only about powerman levt strength with a healing factor smile

DigiMark007
Three people still have to choose this round. I'll PM them soon to let them know.

There has been brief debates on Darkhawk and Cassidy, but personally I think both are acceptable. A head or limb lopping might not kill Cassidy, but that's a win in my book, because at that point he's screwed. And Darkhawk only has his shield in the front of him, and I've stripped his glider from him so he can't fly.

We'll take care of standard equipment after all 3 rounds of drafting are complete...I don't want to have to constantly deal with it.

Scoobless
characters that have been chosen

1) Midnighter
2) Spider-Man
3) Deathstroke
4) American Eagle
5) Doctor Octopus II
6) Agent Zero
7) Nightcrawler
8) Darkhawk
9) Cyclops
10) General Grievous
11) Cassidy
12) Vixen
13) Azreal

some decent choices so far.... but that's to be expected as most of us probably got our first or second choice characters

the next couple of draft rounds will make it a lot more interesting

Nataku8188
Is it just me or do lightsabers seem a bit unfair ?

Scoobless
Is it just me or do lightsabers seem a bit unfair ?

i don't have a problem with someone having them... they are short range and not much more dangerous than adamantium claws or swords

and whoever has Grievous doesn't have access to the force.... so they can't just block everything that comes at them

Nataku8188
I wouldn't consider them all that short range....

DigiMark007
characters that have been chosen

1) Midnighter
2) Spider-Man
3) Deathstroke
4) American Eagle
5) Doctor Octopus II
6) Agent Zero
7) Nightcrawler
8) Darkhawk
9) Cyclops
10) General Grievous
11) Cassidy
12) Vixen
13) Azreal

some decent choices so far.... but that's to be expected as most of us probably got our first or second choice characters

the next couple of draft rounds will make it a lot more interesting

Technically (since I know we all care) the order of the first 3 was Spider-Man, Deathstroke, Midnighter. I just accidentally clicked on the MN'er PM first.

And yeah, solid picks...it should get more interesting next round.

I want to go into analyze mode and say what I think about everything, but I have to try to remain unbiased as the director. But if I think a pick is exceptionally sweet I'll say so. So far, I don't who is the "best" pick (because it's all about a strong amalgam, not strong individual characters) but my two favorite picks are Midnighter and Grievous. MN'er because he's just hardcore beyond words, and despite the recent noteriety Wildstorm has gotten on the forum he's still not too well-known (and because of my sig). And Grievous just because it's original and creative. But there's probably plenty of others who are just as good...some of whom I don't know much about (like Azreal or American Eagle)...those 2 just amused me the most.

...Actual buisness now...

The second draft looks like it'll go up sometime Wednesday. I'll announce this a few times so that everyone knows. I'll try to pinpoint a time, but it'll be kind of inexact (like this one was).

Scoobless

no longer than Azrael's sword, shorter than Ock's tentacles, much shorter than Cyc's blast, some of these guys have guns, Darkhawk has an energy blast (i think) there are many lethal weapons involved... you can't really ban one without banning them all .... and that means a lot of people would have to re-think their choices

DigiMark007

He can't throw them without losing them, and they're no longer than your average sword.

Are they badass melee weapons? Of course. But Grievous is basically just a jobber with some fancy swords...4 of them will make things interesting, but they shouldn't be any more dangerous than a well-placed Hawkeye arrow or a blow from any number of vibranium/adamantium weapons that are bound to be in the tourney.

Dizzle
i don't have a problem with someone having them... they are short range and not much more dangerous than adamantium claws or swords

and whoever has Grievous doesn't have access to the force.... so they can't just block everything that comes at them

The problem is going to be like this though...

"I slice through your swords with my lightsabers."
"You can't cut adamantium with lightsabers."
"Yes I can. They cut everything."
"Nuh uh"
"Yah huh"
"Nuh uh"
Etc etc etc.

I just think they're gonna be a problem within the fights... What can and can't stop them should be defined beforehand, or they should be disallowed, and Grievous is given swords instead.

If they are allowed, I vote for: Lightsabers cut through most normal metals and flesh fairly easily. The nigh-on unbreakable stuff (adamantium, promethium) stops them as they would normal swords.

Also, will the blades cauterize the wounds, thereby negating healing factors, or will the cuts be healed as normal ones would?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Dizzle
The problem is going to be like this though...

"I slice through your swords with my lightsabers."
"You can't cut adamantium with lightsabers."
"Yes I can. They cut everything."
"Nuh uh"
"Yah huh"
"Nuh uh"
Etc etc etc.

I just think they're gonna be a problem within the fights... What can and can't stop them should be defined beforehand, or they should be disallowed, and Grievous is given swords instead.

If they are allowed, I vote for: Lightsabers cut through most normal metals and flesh fairly easily. The nigh-on unbreakable stuff (adamantium, promethium) stops them as they would normal swords.

Also, will the blades cauterize the wounds, thereby negating healing factors, or will the cuts be healed as normal ones would?

Good post Dizzle. I think your assesment of the lightsaber power is pretty good. I'll write-up something similar for the battles to establish what they can and can't do.

As for healing, cauterizing the wound might slow the healing process some, but it wouldn't negate it (some of these guys can regrow limbs for gosh sakes). But it shouldn't be a big difference.

DigiMark007
Um, off topic...but there's another street-level tourney going on. The "King of Teams" tourney. It has basically no rule structure (apparently Aquaman is street-level) and it uses a poll to vote (which is hilarious because its complete lack of accuracy and honesty) but it got off the ground hella-quick and actually has fights and debates and all that sh*t...all while we've had a sign-up and one draft thread. I feel slightly upstaged... embarrasment

And in between the member bashing and random in-fighting that occurred because of the lack of solid rules, the most recent fight actually has Jinzin producing some nice arguments. His stock just rose a little in my book...although the other thread was hardly a true test of debating skill (since all the real heavyweights are in this tourney... cool )

-DM

Scoobless
i saw that Aquaman made it into that "street level" match... lol.... so i voted for him without reading any of the posts

long pig
jinzin got 6 votes before he posted an argument.

jplatinum
I hadn't seen milk and cheese in a few years.

Anyway, I'm sorry about not getting here on time.
I was having some internet problems.
I'm probably way too late now.
Damn.
Oh Well, Whoever wins, I'm goin' to be happy for them.
Fo' sho'.

Sentry
Originally posted by jplatinum

Damn.
Fo' sho'.

You can still pick your character if already haven't.

Whirlysplatt

Damn.
Fo' sho'.

You will win JP that is not in doubt smile

Sentry
Just PM Digimark with your pick and a link to his/her bio.

DigiMark007
I sent him (JP) a PM (along with the other 2 who haven't picked)...so he should know what he's doing.

Once again, looks like Wednesday for the second draft to start.

Scoobless
well.... he came in over 40 minutes ago and we still haven't seen another character added to the picked list

you sure he's still up for this?

Nataku8188
I completely agree with Dizzle on the lightsaber matter.

Wolverine's claws can cut through almost anything, and so can the vibranium daggers, but look at those. A lightsaber combines their power with a respectable length. Hawkeye's arrows are nothing to a lightsaber, considering that kevlar will stop an arrow, and will NOT stop a lightsaber.

DigiMark007
Maybe we could specify that armor of most sorts (and particularly dense and/or tough metals) cannot instantly be penetrated by lightsabers, and that they significantly slow the blade ( but repeated or intense Lsaber blows will penetrate). I can't have them effortlessly carving up amalgams that don't have adamantium or stronger armor/claws/etc. but I also want to respect the power of the lightsabers.

Nataku8188
Maybe we could specify that armor of most sorts (and particularly dense and/or tough metals) cannot instantly be penetrated by lightsabers, and that they significantly slow the blade ( but repeated or intense Lsaber blows will penetrate). I can't have them effortlessly carving up amalgams that don't have adamantium or stronger armor/claws/etc. but I also want to respect the power of the lightsabers.

Well thats the general idea. I mean, you give grievous his lightsabers that can cut through anything, mix him with the right character and no one will survive.

Scoobless
I completely agree with Dizzle on the lightsaber matter.

well, like Dizzle suggested, and i think Digi agreed...

Originally posted by Dizzle

this sounds fair.... say it can cut most things, but stops against Adamantium.... doesn't another character have an adamantium coated sword? what can Azrael's firesword do?

Nataku8188
well, like Dizzle suggested, and i think Digi agreed...

this sounds fair.... say it can cut most things, but stops against Adamantium.... doesn't another character have an adamantium coated sword? what can Azrael's firesword do?

Azrael's firesword is a normal sword with the capability to emit flames.

Scoobless
Azrael's firesword is a normal sword with the capability to emit flames.

huh..... it sounded cooler than that when i read the bio.... oh well

sad

DigiMark007
How's this??

Lightsabers: Can cut through flesh fairly easily and light types of armor and/or weaponry. However, nigh-indestructible materials such as adamantium, promethium, vibranium, or similarly tough substances will stop a lightsaber, and most armor and metal will significantly slow the blades but not completely stop repeated assaults (titanium, most types of armor, etc.)

Azreal's sword, for example, would fall under the "significantly slow and inhibit but eventually break" category (unless it's tougher than Nat described). Still badass weaponry, but not all-powerful.

Nataku8188
huh..... it sounded cooler than that when i read the bio.... oh well

sad

I guess I'll have to go read the bio then. In the comics it's pretty freakin' sharp, but as far as I know it's just a normal sword that makes fireyies.

long pig
Meh, those lightsabres never impressed me much.
I remember a jedi trying to cut through a steel door and couldn't.

K Von Doom
We're putting all the powers and abilities of the three characters in an android body?

long pig
I guess so.
Seems fine as long as he doesn't pull the ol' "Well, I don't feel pain cuz ima andrioid!!" deal.

jplatinum
I thought about that (with American Eagle) but the fastest sprinters are about 25 Miles/Hour at top speed. It would be safe to assume that Spider-Man, being at least 10 times (more really) stronger than even a strong human, could run at least twice as fast (about 50MPH). And that's a safe estimate. I know Spidey isn't know for foot speed, but it's reasonsable to assume he could do that. American Eagle isn't too far past that, and he meets the other requirements, so he's fine.

You're on the right path.
Spiderman is actually able to run 100 mph and is 100x stronger than the average human(at max).

newjak86
Originally posted by K Von Doom
We're putting all the powers and abilities of the three characters in an android body? The thing is if the choose an anderiod body then they should be limited if you ask me. They should gain things as well but there needs to be a trade off with that.
The lightsabres are great weapons but are nothing more than the Adamantium of the Star Wars world.

Scoobless
Originally posted by newjak86
The lightsabres are great weapons but are nothing more than the Adamantium of the Star Wars world.

that.... and they're hot.... so we can't just grab the blade... unless we have really tough hands/gloves

smile

DigiMark007
Hey JP, since I tried a PM already, I'll try this instead. You still in? Because it's not too late to pick for this round, and you've obviously been around at least a little bit.

I'll give the three who haven't picked a little bit into the 2nd round of drafting. At that point, I'll inform our alternates (8BitChris, EsteemedLeader, and DanZeke25...in that order as needed) that they're in. Since they'll miss round 1 and part of round 2, I might let them draft all three of their characters in round 2 to try to make things fair...because it won't be their fault that other people didn't show.

2nd round of drafting is still on for Wednesday.

zachrivard
sounds good

jinzin
"coughJinzincough"

Just kidding! big grin

Or am I? shifty

laughing out loud

damn you...

evil face

Scoobless
Wednesday..... any chance of making it sooner?

Nataku8188
Can I draft Jesus from south park ?

Scoobless
Can I draft Jesus from south park ?

what about Sea-Man?

big grin

Khellendros
I guess so.
Seems fine as long as he doesn't pull the ol' "Well, I don't feel pain cuz ima andrioid!!" deal.
Well, Grievous still hade some biological parts. He got hurt when Windu crushed his torso and was coughing pretty badly.

Scoobless
Well, Grievous still hade some biological parts. He got hurt when Windu crushed his torso and was coughing pretty badly.

yeah... i think he still has a heart, lungs, eyes and a brain.... i think

i assume that the person who chose him is meaning to take him from before the torso crushing incident.... not that it really affected his ability to fight

jplatinum
I choose *edited by Mod*.
He had a comicbook remember.
He is not a marvel or dc character, but then again, there are people on this site drafting in snake and other non marvel/dc characters.
So, I think its fair.
Besides, all the real good street level people are taken, anyone that's left hardly stands a chance of hitting his opponent much less, winning.

I choose *edited by Mod*(the comicbook version).

jinzin
our master has spoken..

DigiMark007
I choose *********.
He is not a marvel or dc character, but then again, there are people on this site drafting in snake and other non marvel/dc characters.
So, I think its fair.
Besides, all the real good street level people are taken, anyone that's left hardly stands a chance of hitting his opponent much less, winning.

I choose *******(the comicbook version).

*Sigh* JP...um...the draft thus far has been secret, so while your pic is fine (and kinda amusing) please Private Message me with the pic (and include a link giving a bio for your guy).

DigiMark007
Venom has been picked.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/v/venom.htm

Whirlysplatt
I choose *edited by Mod*.
So, I think its fair.

I choose *edited by Mod*(the comicbook version).

What an excellent and slightly ironic choice, the master chooses *edited by Mod* smile

Very postmodern JP!

DigiMark007
I'm trying (probably unsuccessfully) to keep JP's pick hidden. Since there's only two left to draft and JP's one of them, I'm going to post his pick within the picks of the second draft to try to keep it a secret...though obviously whirly and jin know already.

So minus that, we only have one person to draft (the other responded to my PM and then chose Venom). Sorry Scoob, Wednesday it is...I'm gone all day Tues and Thurs. and I don't want to push it back to Friday. It'll be in the early afternoon again, and will stay up for at least 3-4 days (and as long as a week if needed).

zachrivard
early after noon?? how about 1 or 2 pm

DigiMark007
1 or 2 sounds fine...but it's a rough estimate, not set in stone.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>