Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Discuss.

pr1983
looks decent even in the early stages...

but i don't know about EA and fighting games...

Magee
This game looks excellent and it is only in early development. EA have 'promised' a unique fighing system which allows u to use each Superheroes full potential. It looks well good, cant wait for it to come out.

hotsauce6548
It'll be really cool if they have a lot of their superheroes to choose from.

LiL nAstY GirL
Isn't Elektra in it?

DarkDethbringer
what heros are in it, what system is it for and when will it be out? it is Marvel right?

Red Superfly
It looks like the same engine from the Def Jam games, which in itself was based off the WWF No Mercy games. Those were awesome fighting games, and EA have the rights to Def Jam Vendetta, so I'm assuming this is the engine they are using. Even the graphics are similar.

Should be good. They'll have to implement some ranged attacks though.

Magee
I read that they created a new fighting system just for this game...

SnakeEyes
Hmmm, never heard of this game. But a new and maybe actually good Marvel fighting game sounds pretty awesome.

hotsauce6548
I hope it's not like those X-Men Academy games...

sick

forumcrew
might be good but cant say much until theres actuall screen shots and more info on the characters and gameplay

Draco69
Characters on the game so far:

Thing
Wolverine
johhny ohm
Daredevil
elektra
spider-man

pr1983
Originally posted by Draco69
Characters on the game so far:

Thing
Wolverine
johhny ohm
Daredevil
elektra
spider-man

are they movie dd and elektra?

Draco69
No. It's purely comic-based. In fact Marvel is making a mini-series to coincede with the video game.

pr1983
No. It's purely comic-based. In fact Marvel is making a mini-series to coincede with the video game.

very nice...

better have cyclops *angrily shakes fist*

Colossus, Thor and Iron Man too...

DarkDethbringer
sounds cool but who's Johnny ohm ?

pr1983
Originally posted by DarkDethbringer
sounds cool but who's Johnny ohm ?

i think he's the EA electric guy...

DarkDethbringer
what do you mean?

savagerampage
It better have thanos, thor,hulk, juggernaut, silver surfer

pr1983
Originally posted by DarkDethbringer
what do you mean?

i think johhny ohm is an EA character, not a marvel one...

Originally posted by savagerampage
It better have thanos, thor,hulk, juggernaut, silver surfer

thanos? yeah, be fair to the opposition...

"i pick spidey..."

"i pick thanos..."

"ah hell..."

DarkDethbringer
lol!

gls
i want gambit in it! and rogue and storm of course...
maybe silver samurai?

hotsauce6548
yeah but im sure they won't make one character way way way more powerful than the rest... at least, i hope not.

pr1983
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
yeah but im sure they won't make one character way way way more powerful than the rest... at least, i hope not.

they cant, people would just keep picking the best ones then...

DarkDethbringer
I got an issue of GI and it says that Johnny Ohm is the newest member of a comic family and if they are going to secretly enhance a char I bet it would be him!

Draco69
Update:

Draco69
Update 2:

Draco69
Update 3:

Draco69
http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/681/681938/vids_1.html

SOOOOOOO F****ING COOL! Watch the video. I'm ecstatic!

DanZeke25
It looks awesome

pr1983
saw the trailer, not too shabby...

pr1983
damn double posts

pr1983
Ok, just read the second issue of the comic...

new characters are storm and johnny storm...

alot of flyers in the game... aerial combat better be good...

Magee
Holy Shit that looks so awsome, i can't wait for this. But I hope they add some characters who have never been in a marvel game. Like Thor, The Punisher or even Quicksilver. Looks set to be a record breaker for Marvel who evers in it.

Draco69
I pretty sure Thor will be in it. Quicksilver is doubtful though. Elektra is a definite.

They're avoiding X-Men characters though. Storm and Wolvie are probably it.

Magee
I pretty sure Thor will be in it. Quicksilver is doubtful though. Elektra is a definite.

They're avoiding X-Men characters though. Storm and Wolvie are probably it. It's good that there not just sticking in all the usuals then, playing as Thor is gonna be awsome eek!

pr1983

They're avoiding X-Men characters though. Storm and Wolvie are probably it.

i want cyclops... though he'd probably end up being an incredibly cheap character... cry

FFKadaj
Who else is looking forward to this fighter? And does anyone know if it will have online play?

DanZeke25
Its looks pretty cool. I'm sure it will have online. Why wouldn't it? The only thing though. is that it comes out to close to the 360, which i want to get. So ill probaly just rent it.

FFKadaj
Yeah that's true. And I hope they have a kick-ass roster of characters. So far I know that there is Elektra, Wolverine, Spider-man, Venom, The Thing, Iron-man, Daredevil, and like 4 imperfects. And On the cover of the psp version, you can see Captain America.

SnakeEyes
My brother got to play the demo of it (his friend works at Gamestop) where you can be either Spidey or Johnny Ohm. He said that the graphics area really, really good and that being Spider-Man is just how it should be; with all the acrobatics and so on. He was really excited about this and he isn't even a comic book fan like I am.

FFKadaj
^ Well that is definitely encouraging. I can't wait to play it.

hotsauce6548
Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects

yes

dave123
By the power within me, I MERGETH THIS THREAD!

SnakeEyes
There are too many games I wanna get and not enough money... such as:

This game (Marvel Nemesis)
Fable (for PC)
Resident Evil 4 (PS2)
Battlefield 2
Battlefront 2
Empire at War
Battle for Middle-Earth 2
Spartan: Total War
The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
Ultimate Spider-Man

*sigh*

darth-yoda
i no how you feel snakeeys and this game looks awsome i have downloaded two vids of it and the fighting looks great venom and spidey are foghting in one and iron man a imperfect are in the other

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by pr1983
they cant, people would just keep picking the best ones then...

Happens on Pro Evolution soccer...

Just one of those things. Maybe they could have a handicap system.

SnakeEyes
Does anyone have a list of ALL the characters in the game (playable ones)?

darth-yoda
iv played the game well a demo its in the offical xbox mag big grin you can be jonny ohm and spiderman the game kicks ass but powers re limited you can swing with spidey and shoot web and johnny has some cool attcak the opening movie rocks its the thing walking acroos a bridge that gets hit by what i can only call a small green meteor fired by a droid then it cuts to a news alert on the tv were someone says something about the city being ****ed nd it shows captian america blocking things then the is a explosion and captian america has gona and all taht iss left is his shield in the piallar the it shows a broken builden witha chain gun on the floor and it says news has come in that other heros have gone missing from action and it zooms in and there is a punisher flag ripped hangiong from the building then it cuts to a woman and she looks on top of a bus and says is that the hulk wooow the hulk then a meteor thing hits the hulk and he gets knocked into a wall were the wall falls on him then it shows the debree and hulks hand sticks out and the turns to human and then th game starts woooow

SnakeEyes
Yeah I have the same demo (my brother knows a dude that works at Gamespot)...

As for the characters in the game... here are the ones that I know that will be in there for sure:
Spider-Man
Wolverine
Venom
Daredevil
Iron Man
Brigade
Johnny Ohm
Captain America (maybe)
....anyone know any more?

darth-yoda
well i dunno anymore hulk maybe and punisher the thing is in it and storm maybe

darth-yoda
snakeeyes on the demo play as spidey beat jghonny and then wait there will ba vid that starts with wolverine spidey and iron man watch this but dont touch the pad after this there will be second vid listing all the charcters human tourch and elektra are also in it its fast so youll have to keep a sharp eye

SnakeEyes
Okay, thanks! I'll have to try this in a bit. cool

Draco69
Update:

This is the OFFICIAL lineup for the characters:

Human Torch
Spider-Man
Magneto
Daredevil
Elektra
Iron Man
Storm
Thing
Venom

Imperfect Characters we sure as hell don't want to play as:

Brigade
Faultzone (As seen in Secret War)
Hazmut
Johnny Ohm
Paragon
Solara
Vans Roekel
The Wink

EXCLUSIVE CHARACTERS TO THE PSP:

Captain America
Doctor Doom

My advice: Get the PSP version.

Silverstein
Update:

This is the OFFICIAL lineup for the characters:

Human Torch
Spider-Man
Magneto
Daredevil
Elektra
Iron Man
Storm
Thing
Venom

Imperfect Characters we sure as hell don't want to play as:

Brigade
Faultzone (As seen in Secret War)
Hazmut
Johnny Ohm
Paragon
Solara
Vans Roekel
The Wink

EXCLUSIVE CHARACTERS TO THE PSP:

Captain America
Doctor Doom

My advice: Get the PSP version.

you forgot 1 character...Wolverine

Draco69
Yeah. Sorry. But he was kinda obvious. Furball is in everything these days.

Silverstein
Yeah. Sorry. But he was kinda obvious. Furball is in everything these days.

is he in everything?? X-men games (legend, Wolv game...but thats all i can think of so far)

powerfulone1987
Well I am looking forward to this game.

I would never get the PSP version though just to play with Captain American and Doctor Doom. I could care less about them and plus I want to full screen experience and the graphics from the console.

The only character I am excited about is Storm.

I didn't really think she would be in this and then while I was on the official site going through the list I saw Wolverine. Then I started thinking "so they are putting X-men in it, there's a chance for Storm!"
So I was so anxious as I went through the list hoping for Storm to be in it while still being doubtful and then I saw her. I was on a natural high for that quick minute. I can't wait for this game to come out.

I think it has it is Sept 21. 3:16am.

I can't get it until this weekend. Oh the anticipation. I kind of feel young again, even though I am 18, I mean like 12 and 14 and even 10 and lower when you got that anticipating feeling on christmas even and couldn't wait to see what things and games you got on christmas morning. When you get older you don't really get that giddy childish feeling anymore and I miss it. I wish I could go back in time. I hate life now. Especially with going to college for the first time and all of that and never getting a chance to play my games. I still haven't hooked up my gamecube and I left my Playstation 2 at home.........
I will definitely bring it back with me this time when I come back after the weekend with "Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects".

TwisterGameX
Well it got a really low rating.

Red Superfly
This game looked shit from the trailers. Sorry.

It just looked so basic in terms of gameplay, and the camera was horrendous.

The fighting looked like the fighting bits from superheroey games like Spider-Man and Hulk. Bash a few measly combos and thats it. I demand more from beat-em-ups than basic fighting mechanics like that.

A modified wrestling game engine (yeah I know its a bit like Def Jam as it is, but I mean more focused on the reversal and counterring systems as opposed to the button bashiness of it all) would work much better, with smaller arenas, therefore a tighter camera.

Would be cool to play as Spider-Man with his powers in a wrestling ring just like he did when he first got his powers.....

TwisterGameX
it got a bad rating

Draco69
And Storm looks like a Middle Eastern prostitute in the game. What the hell we're they thinking with that outfit...

Jedi Shmedi
Yup, www.gametrailers.com gave it a 4.5 out of 10, ouch....

SnakeEyes
Gamespot gave it a 6.4 out of 10... Ouch again... http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/marvelvsea/index.html?tag=mp_2to9

TwisterGameX
Ign gave it a 5

TwisterGameX
I still bought the game though, sadly.

Rockon
who cares what the people who review this gamehave to say, some of these people who have reviewd this game arent into fighting games and are bound to say aloud of crap about it. if you take my opinion buy the game and then decide for yourselve if the game is crap or not.

TwisterGameX
I have it, and I thought the vs mode was fun but simple. What do you think of it ?

TwisterGameX
They make it sound like garbage, but The Vs mode, is pretty good, and Fun. The story mode, is well hard, and annoying(hard by ceapness). I only like the VS mode.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
I still bought the game though, sadly.

I was getting kind of annoyed with you popping out of no where and keep saying how it got a low score but I am glad you got it.

I finally got it this weekend and I really like this game.
In the beginning I was mad because Storm wasn't a playable character right away. And then I got madder when I didn't get any new characters the first time I played it. I played it again the next day and still didn't get no new characters. So today, my third day having it and playing it, I played it and I finally got new characters, I was so excited about one of them, guess who. I got Daredevil, Faultzone, and STORM!

Yes! The fact that I got Storm makes the game 100% better. I am also glad that I am real good with Storm and I like playing with her and she's my favorite character. It would have sucked If I had ended up not like playing with her. But they did an okay job with her. Besides the out fit and the hair, but I'm getting use to it.
I understand the Story Mode and unlockable characters connection now. At first I thought if I would run into new characters and unlock them but when I did run into new characters, they wouldn't get unlocked.Then I thought after I finished a story with any character that a new character would unlock but I actually had to finish the story mode of the actual character to unlock them. Like when I finished Wolverine's story mode, I didn't get a new character because I already had him, but when I finished Storms Story mode, I got her because I didn't have her before.
So I am on Venom's story mode now and it is hard, I gave up for the day. I'll try another time.

I wish that you got to keep the ingame movies. The ones in Story mode with the characters and not just the fully CG animated movies. Because I like the little 3-D movie clips also, especially the one with Storm.
So I guess the next character i'll get is Venom. I don't really like him though. My favorite stages so far are "NYC Streets" & "Avenger's Mansion". It was just nyc streets but the mansion has grown on me.The daily bugel is good to. I have unlocked the daily bugel and the grand station. The grand station is okay, nothing special.

I don't think they should have made Johnny Ohm. Yes I like his moves and stuff but he is too close to Storm. We only need one Lightening wielding character. Yes Storm's powers cover a more broader spectrum but I still don't like the fact that another character has one of Storm's powers. Storm is still better though. She is the master of the elements.

Before I unlocked Storm, The Wink was my favorite character. But now that I have Storm, The Wink is just another character to me because I always play with Storm. And there are so many ways you can combine your powers and do different things with it. Like for example I chose to put Storm against Storm. And while I was fighting the other Storm, she picked up and item and then flew with it in her hands. I didn't know I could do that. And also, while were we both flying she grabbed me in the air and spun me around and threw me. It's things like that that take a while to figure out and see which combinations you can use with your powers. I wouldn't have figured it so fast if I hadn't chose to choose Storm as the Computer to fight against.

Anyway. This game is great and I can't wait to take it back with me to college after this weekend and play online with others. We don't have ethernet at my house but we have it up there so I will be taking my Playstation 2 up there also to play the game. I wasn't gonna bring my PS2 up there until I got this game. I also bought the Network Adaptor because before this game, there was a game out for the PS2 that I wanted to play online. All they have is war games and sport games. So I am glad they gave this game online play. I can't wait.
That's one thing I think the Xbox has over PS2, more variety of online games. Like Dead or Alive. How I would love to play that game online but I don't like the Xbox so I didn't get it. And I was sure they had Dead or Alive for PS2 but I haven't found one. But I plan on getting the Xbox 360 so I will be able to play the new Dead or Alive also with its online play if it has it.

Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects is a good game and I hope everybody else thinks so, regardless of certain reviews.

TwisterGameX
I know what you mean. I love the Vs mode, but the story is annoying and cheap, when you loose you got to do that whole thing over again. The Spiderman and Wolverine Vs Namor and Storm vs mode, i love Spiderman,Wolverine, and Storm, on the Marvel side, so far...DD is ok...I didnt really play with the imperfects though. I love to use the finisher, like a fatality, when there health is at danger, and stamina. Wolverine has the best finisher, when he guts the person. Try using finishers in VS....look in the manual to see how.

powerfulone1987
Yeah, I like the finishers too.
Storm's is great.

I know that you can only perform the Finisher when their at Danger, but it doesn't always work. I can press the button combination as much as I want and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

From the way you are talking it sounds like you have unlocked more characters than me.
Who have you unlocked?

You should try some of the imperfects. I like The Wink and Johnny Ohm.
Even thought I stand by what I said about Johnny Ohm earlier above.
Faultzone is okay I guess. Her attacks are strong and she is too.

I had to put my VS mode setting on Easy because medium was too hard for me. It maybe be easier for me now that I have my character Storm who Im good with. I don't know, i neve set it back to medium. I must of forgot.
I played against Spiderman a lot and he was hard in medium.

Another problem I have is with The Wink's powers.
Basically her dodge move and her special mobility move (L1) are the same. Both of them involves her transporting herself.
I don't really see the different. Just that the mobility move leaves her gliding forward a little bit after being transported and the dodging one doesn't. Not much of a difference.

Do you play online or plan to?

powerfulone1987
This will be the first PS2 game I play online. I am excited. Can't wait to go back up there and try it.

Actually this is the first console game I play online. Including any MMORPG games.
I plan on playing my City of Heroes MMORPG soon.

TwisterGameX
Sadly, I got it for game cube, because 1. they said it has a little bit better graphics and less glitches, than Ps2, and the fact that the ps2 ones were sold out, and the gamecube one I got, was the last copy. There Stamina has to be low to for the finisher to work, all the time.

powerfulone1987
Oh so that's what the problem was. Thanks.
I have lost a round or two trying to do the finisher and not fighting.

Well I am sorry if you wanted to PS2. But if the Gamecube version is the one you wanted then I am glad too,lol. I wonder how much better the graphics are and if it is a huge difference.

What's your favorite level and what levels and characters have you unlocked?

TwisterGameX
It's just minor graphic change, and less glitches. Ps2 and Xbox are better because of online stuff. My favorite Stage, is NYC city and Dailybugle....ONLY THE BUGLE WHEN I HAVE STORM because when I use wolverine, I get knocked off the building so many times....I dont like Venom in the game, even though he is one of my fav characters in the past. In story, I got Iron man but not in vs. I got the Game yesterday, but played it more today. the new characters...hmm...I dont even know which ones are new...let me look...

TwisterGameX
Ok Storm,Fault zone,venom,Solara, and Human torch. I dont know if elektra winkand dd was there or not.

powerfulone1987
Oh okay. So i guess your next character to be unlocked is Iron Man.
I think he is suppose to be real good.

I got the game 2 days ago and you are ahead of me,lol.

There are just parts in Story mode that can be hard. The Venom one where he is on the bridge absorbing the alien energy source and has to kill 30 enemies is ridiculously hard.

You have to kill 30 and then those flying things are flying all around like 3 and 4 at a time shooting rapidly like 4 missile things at a time and that's ridiculous. They are so hard to beat, especially when im playing as Venom. I hate him.

And the stage is so long. And when you lose you just don't have the drive to go through all of that again after you have killed so many and lose and know you have to do it again, oh heck no.

And Im not one known to finish games so I hope in some miraculous way i beat story mode because it would be a shame not to have anymore of the unlockable characters.
The characters are the game.
I think they should have found a different way to unlock the characters.

I also hate the bridge stage in story mode. It's like every character has something to do on that bridge and I just don't like it.
It's okay in vs. but it is different in story mode and i don't like it.

And I think that stage where Wolverine runs into The Wink in the mansion and fight should be unlockable, I really liked that stage. And I especially like wolverine when i was playing that stage and coming from me that's something cause i am no fan of wolverines.

I also keep forgetting the running on the wall move for some characters so i keep forgetting to use that move when it could really help. Not to mention it looks cool in battle when you are in a squeeze and you keep running and then you're running on the side of the wall out of harms way. It looks kind of cinematic.

I also like how Storm looks when she flies. It's the way she turns your way while she flies. It looks cinematic also. I can't really explaine it but I haven't seen another character that flies the specific way she flies and looks how she looks when she flies.

powerfulone1987
You should go on the Marvel Nemesis homepage and then click messageboards and go on the General message boards. You'd be amazed at how many people were saying how much they didn't like Storm. This was before the game came out. I don't know how they feel about her now. I'll go there in a while.

They were saying how they just didn't like Storm and her character and how she shouldn't be in the game and there are way better characters they could of used besides her.

Their crazy.

You should go vote on my thread in here for your favorite character.

TwisterGameX
Oh man, they didnt need elektra, thats what. Storm should stay. That Venom stage was very hard, along with storms first stage, I think, and some others. Do people on the board like the game ?

TwisterGameX
Ok I am in GD, on the site, now which do I click on ?

powerfulone1987
Yeah Storms stage was long and kind of hard too.

Yeah when I was on there everybody was stoked about its release. They couldn't wait.
And now that its out they are in love with it.

I found the forum like a day or two before the game came out.

I had forgotten all about the game from when I heard about it earlier this year. I thought it was coming out next year or later than that.
Then I happen to see the end of a commercial for the game and a light went off in my head. It reminded me of this game and so i went online and looked up info on it and read articles about it and stuff and eventually found out that it was coming out in a day or two so I got lucky. I didn't have to go through the long anticipation of waiting for the game days before and I was reminded about the game so I would get it when it came out. And I also found the board. So everything worked out.

Okay anyway,sorry.

Go to the homepage.
And the side list click messageboards.
then you should be at this blue screen.
click Gerneral Discussion from the list and then there should be some discussions to choose from. Just pick some and read them. Gotta go to dates before the game came out to read what they were saying before it came out also.

I posts in there too. Same user name. Look for some of the long ones also cause i posted long ones.
I started 1 or 2 threads also.

Hope that helps.

You also have to register to be able to post. It's free.

TwisterGameX
I will register later in the week, but i am reading now. I heard about the game a year ago, sadly it was that long. I was like oh crap.

powerfulone1987
lol, yeah that sucks.

asl?

TwisterGameX
I don't give my exact age but basically 15-20(closer to 20) S is male, and location is USA. I have no idea why the game got a damn 5, because, they expected to much I guess, like revolutionary controlss. The game Vs is fun as hell though. Alot of fighting games have 2 combos and they dont go barking at them.

powerfulone1987
Yeah,I know what you mean. Like SuperSmash Brother's Melee, which is an awesome game as well.

TwisterGameX
Characters that, can't shoot,fly,swing are hard to be when facing people that does. When i am Wolverine, I work my ass off to beat Spiderman,Daredevil, and the rest that swing and shoot crap. I get them though. Storm should make rain and wind, she should also fly longer than that crap.

powerfulone1987
Yeah, I think they should have incorporate more of Storms powers, other than lightening and wind.

They also need to do something about the speed at which the energy bar depletes. I would like it if Storm could fly longer. And the special defense eats it all up in a quick second. Doesn't make since.

TwisterGameX
It really doesn't make sense, and the Dialog was cheesy for some charaters,a and im like they sound DUMB. Well I liked, the Wolverine opening, come and get some, but didnt like his ending, I tried to be nice....Storm edning i kinda liked.

powerfulone1987
Which ones there are more than one beginning and ending. I know what wolverine one you're talking about because you stated it, but the other ones you mention I am iffy on.

Yeah, I like Storms too. I was really crossing my fingers for her to be good.
I like the one where she says it was too easy. I was kind of disappointed with the one that says I guess your good wasn't good enough. That's like on every fighting game. It was even on the Xmen Mutant Academy games.

I like both of her beginning though. I like the one where she flies down and says i don't think you know what you're dealingwith and her eyes light up and electricity comes out her hands and eyes better though.

TwisterGameX
I love that easy one, that she says. Why is her hair like that and she is like half naked, for some one that controls cold. Oh yeah can storm in general make things hot ?

powerfulone1987
Yeah, when I first saw that on the internet before the game came out, i was like "god, i guess you can't have everything go your way, at least she is in the game".
They should of done something else. She could at least had her hair down like usual and had a cape or more covering outfit. That outfit is the opposite of Storm's personality.

TwisterGameX
They made her eye candy....ok in the comics can she make the weather Hot and cold, or just cold and rain ? If so show me proof, because I been wondering for years.

TwisterGameX
I got this from that site you gave me, and some guy posted it....but before I post it, Thank god that stroms vioce isnt crap like some other games and shows.

"I'll break the game down into three parts: visuals, gameplay, and submersion. Rarely, does any reviewer use the level of submersion in a game to portray how a game performs. If I went to a movie and it gave me the illusion of a make-believe world with fictional characters I would probably be disappointed. I don't want to know that I'm watching a movie. I want to be immersed in the experience.

So, first of all let me describe the approach of this game, and then we'll continue with the three points. From a game genre stand-point the expectations for this type of game was dead on. I expected the game to showcase a stage with objects and characters that interact. I didn't expect Dead or Alive 4: Marvel Version. If you have paid attention thru the development of this game you would know that from the get go. Imagine Kung-Fu Chaos or Power Stone with Marvel characters and settings.

Second of all, before we get to the visuals, are the features of the game. Eighteen characters total for the roster where nine are original Marvel characters and nine are EA brand characters is not as much as I'd like, but enough to enjoy over time. What really excites a comic fan is the fact that I can play as popular Marvel characters. What is good for non-comic fans is that EA has some neat characters being introduced, themselves, that haven't yet achieved over exposure as "comic" heroes.

Being able to play in a "universal" control scheme is great. I can get in to the game and learn the basics very quickly. It is deep enough to establish a strategy and style. What might be a slight con to the system is that it can get old for some ADD gamers. I prefer simplicity that implements complex strategies, not the other way around, and playing different characters showcases its flexibility. I didn't have to learn a manual on combos and such. I do that at work enough.

The visuals are as good as any Xbox game out currently. Some of the special moves and powers are just how they would be envisioned by an experienced comic creator and avid comic fan. As a matter of fact, EA brought in Jae Lee and other professionals to help with the graphics. The mood in the game is darker and more mature, which is a good thing for comic lovers over 25 that have been used to the new visioning of the Ultimate branding of Marvel characters. It stays current with most themes and for the non-Marvel characters the dark edge sets a tone that the EA brands are more sinister.

The gameplay elements are solid. I can expect to block and dodge with the ease of a button press. I can expect the characters to behave accordingly while in a skirmish. The mechanics from the "universal" control scheme is simple and necessary when playing with fast and agile characters.

The targeting system is intuitive for a third person POV. Sometimes you can target a wall or car that is in close proximity, but that is a level of difficulty for the game and not a mistake on the developers end. A game I tried to like, but thought was too easy was Advent Rising. The "flick" targeting was good, but it was too easy. Even with a difficulty of speedy enemies, or more enemies didn't make the "flick" system rewarding. This system, the "universal" control scheme and targeting is worth the pay-off for putting in the effort to learn and use it correctly.

The best part of this game is its ability to be totally immersed in the styles and abilities of the characters. As Spider-man I can easily dodge, zip, swing, and strategically defeat any foe. All the while, the wit I can throw down to online competitors is very Spidey-like. As Iron Man, I can use the power of the suit, and as Wolverine I can use hack and slash wild abandonment. The characters behaviors' feel restricted and unique enough to be compelling cases for role playing a specific and complete fighting style with powers. That can hardly be achieved with some games that only have ONE character (Batman Begins, anyone?) much less eighteen. Nine of the characters, which by the way, I'm familiar with via comic storylines and such, so being able to understand why they behave the way they do and still be impressed is a good thing. The other nine are new and yet I still feel immersed as that character while playing the game.

With all of that being said, this game is a keeper and a fresh take on immersion.

Some wish list items for future sequels or spin-offs:

More characters from Marvel, DC, and other comic companies' characters would be great (God forbid that they COLLABORATE.. I might buy it!)
Online multiplayer skirmishes with achievable plots as an alternate mode to win
Create-A-Character
Downloadable Content (maps, objects, characters, storylines... I would call that a microtransaction waiting to happen)
Kung-Fu Chaos type stage movements and environment events

Spidey shouldn't have a super block, it should have been a "Spidey Sense" super dodge.

Notes:

I played all night last night. This game is hard, but very beatable and replayable. Great job EA and Nihilistic!"

powerfulone1987
The only thing I find wrong with that review is that there isn't 9 of each type of character.

There is 10 Marvel Characters and 8 Imperfects.

Other than that, I like it.

It would convince me to buy it if I already hadn't

TwisterGameX
It's not every day, you could make Spiderman Vs Wolverine, Dare Devil vs Wolverine and spidey or Storm Vs any of those.

powerfulone1987
I know right.

It troubles me how you just added Storm in at the end but didn't say Storm vs anybody really.

That's just me, no big.

Well im off for the night. Nite all.

TwisterGameX
I said that because, storm is like in no games, really and her vs anyone of them is a treat becvause you dont see that ever.

powerfulone1987
Oh, i see now.

Well until next tim goodnight.

TwisterGameX
Bye

TwisterGameX
100th Post Happy Dance

Thorn81`
In story mode i have got to the level named "scorched earth" as daredevil. I can't seem to find the bombs in the mission...I can kill the guys left and right but no bombs!!

Any advice?

powerfulone1987
Well I know I beat that stage but I can't remember anything about. Sorry.

Oh. Wait.
If this is the Grand Central stage or some stage with the word "central" in it then you don't have to do nothing with the bombs. You just have to beat the bad guys within the time limit because if you don't then the bombs will go off. You just prevent this from happening by beating the bad guys under the time limit.

pr1983
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/images/comics/20050930.jpg

Arcane
hahahahahhahahahaha

TwisterGameX
I thought this gamewas fun in vs mode, but it just got annoying, and now i don't like this game.

powerfulone1987
Hey Pr, funny but untrue.

TwisterGame, when and why did you stop liking the game?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.