Galactus(90% percent power) & Asgardian Destroyer VS. The New Gods

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Both sides have a week of prep. Destroyer's coming into the battle at his proportionate size. 2000 feet tall and the proportionate power to match. Yes that is it's real siza. He was created to battle the Celestials.

Debate.

Juntai
By the new gods, do you mean the gods of apocalypse AND new genesis?

Avalonofthewind
I dont know if this truly counts as a win...but the New gods tech is powerful.. Galac and A.D. cant survive this kind of attack.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/newgodtech.jpg

Hulking Hurler
Well, with one week of prep, Galactus can likely nullify any technology the New Gods bring to bear. He was, after all, the premier scientist in the most scientifically advanced world in his previous existence. With New God prep nullified, either one of these titans can most likely take it, as it took over a dozen Celestials to put down the Asgardian Destroyer infused with the lifeforce of the totality of the Norse pantheon, while a Galactus near full-power could conceivably just outright obliterate both Apokolips and New Genesis. Wielding the Odinsword, and bearing the might of the Nordic Gods within itself, the Asgardian Destroyer is a nigh-unstoppable behemoth when sent against the New Gods, as their only hope of putting it down is via some form deus ex machina. The little we have seen of a full-power Galactus has been out-of-continuity, but, when such powered, he has stated that he possesses enough power to annihilate the universe; like with his partner, this version of Galan will most likely require some form of plot-related assiatnce from God, as what we have seen from Darkseid and Highfather is not quite high enough to put down either the Destroyer or Galactus, in my opinion. Whether such a thing is true in the 616 universe, and hence, in this battle, is not verifiable, but, these two monstrosities can likely unleash force that any conglomerate of New Gods would not be able to withstand.

Avalonofthewind
Looks to me like everyone dies.

Juntai
Highfather Takion smashes everyone himself.
Last I checked, he became one with The Source and is considered limitless.
lol.

Sentry
Originally posted by Hulking Hurler
Well, with one week of prep, Galactus can likely nullify any technology the New Gods bring to bear. He was, after all, the premier scientist in the most scientifically advanced world in his previous existence. With New God prep nullified, either one of these titans can most likely take it, as it took over a dozen Celestials to put down the Asgardian Destroyer infused with the lifeforce of the totality of the Norse pantheon, while a Galactus near full-power could conceivably just outright obliterate both Apokolips and New Genesis. Wielding the Odinsword, and bearing the might of the Nordic Gods within itself, the Asgardian Destroyer is a nigh-unstoppable behemoth when sent against the New Gods, as their only hope of putting it down is via some form deus ex machina. The little we have seen of a full-power Galactus has been out-of-continuity, but, when such powered, he has stated that he possesses enough power to annihilate the universe; like with his partner, this version of Galan will most likely require some form of plot-related assiatnce from God, as what we have seen from Darkseid and Highfather is not quite high enough to put down either the Destroyer or Galactus, in my opinion. Whether such a thing is true in the 616 universe, and hence, in this battle, is not verifiable, but, these two monstrosities can likely unleash force that any conglomerate of New Gods would not be able to withstand.

Wow.... Good post dude. thumbsup

Whirlysplatt
Galactus, since crisis, pre crisis The New gods take it as Highfather = to Darkseid and Darkseid according to Kirby who also created Galactus = To Galactus.

So Big G would be outnumbered, since crisis cakewalk for G

Hulking Hurler
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
Galactus, since crisis, pre crisis The New gods take it as Highfather = to Darkseid and Darkseid according to Kirby who also created Galactus = To Galactus.

So Big G would be outnumbered, since crisis cakewalk for G
Jack Kirby is a pioneer in the field of comics, and he had a major hand in creating the Fantastic Four along with Stan Lee, which introduced Galactus, but, as far as I'm aware, the hierarchy of the MU was not the same back then as it is now. Galactus was a simple World Devourer, while nowadays, he is the Third Essential of the Universe. Also, this Galactus is near full-powered, while Kirby only wrote for hungry Galactus during his original run for Marvel. Besides, who is to say that Kirby's word is law anyway? He was an amazaing visualist, and contributed vastly to the success of Marvel during those times, but, would he really have any control over the fluctuating power of Galactus? So, following this line of reasoning, a hungry Galactus is at last equal to PC Darkseid, and most likely way beyond him in this state. So who knows what a 90% Galactus could do to Darkseid, and by transitive property, Highfather?

Whirlysplatt
Jack Kirby is a pioneer in the field of comics, and he had a major hand in creating the Fantastic Four along with Stan Lee, which introduced Galactus, but, as far as I'm aware, the hierarchy of the MU was not the same back then as it is now. Galactus was a simple World Devourer, while nowadays, he is the Third Essential of the Universe. Also, this Galactus is near full-powered, while Kirby only wrote for hungry Galactus during his original run for Marvel. Besides, who is to say that Kirby's word is law anyway? He was an amazaing visualist, and contributed vastly to the success of Marvel during those times, but, would he really have any control over the fluctuating power of Galactus? So, following this line of reasoning, a hungry Galactus is at last equal to PC Darkseid, and most likely way beyond him in this state. So who knows what a 90% Galactus could do to Darkseid, and by transitive property, Highfather?

Kirby created the New Gods and Galactus, pre crisis he stated Darkseid and Galactus were equalsmile Galactus was probably more powerful in Pre Crisis terms in Marvel as less Marvel cosmics have been introduced. Darkseid certainly was fro proof I cite LOSH Great Darkness Saga.

As the creator I think his opinion is more valid than yours or mine.

I agree post crisis the new Gods are depowered, Darkseid gets beaten by Superman and Highfather is dead. smile

Precrisis the New Gods win with Numbers, Highfathers staff channelled the source and he was Darkseids equal + Orion (destined to defeat/kill his father) etc, etc,etc.

Post crisis Its easy for Galactus smile

Destroyer depends whose empowering the Armour smile

Hulking Hurler
Kirby created the New Gods and Galactus, pre crisis he stated Darkseid and Galactus were equalsmile Galactus was probably more powerful in Pre Crisis terms in Marvel as less Marvel cosmics have been introduced. Darkseid certainly was fro proof I cite LOSH Great Darkness Saga.

As the creator I think his opinion is more valid than yours or mine.

I agree post crisis the new Gods are depowered, Darkseid gets beaten by Superman and Highfather is dead. smile

Precrisis the New Gods win with Numbers, Highfathers staff channelled the source and he was Darkseids equal + Orion (destined to defeat/kill his father) etc, etc,etc.

Post crisis Its easy for Galactus smile

Destroyer depends whose empowering the Armour smile
While I would agree that Kirby's opinion is more valid than your's or mine on his creation, the current Galactus has metamorphosized so much that he is no longer quite Kirby's creation. And the Destroyer being used in this argument is the uber one that went against the Celestials and was 2000 feet tall.

long pig
Why does D.C say that the Crisis didn't effect the new gods because they are in another dimension?

the Darkone
DC wanted to start the dc universe over, so they power down everybody even the new gods. Dc stated they wanted to marvelize the dc universe.

kgkg
You don't need Galactus to beat the New Gods.

lol

Man this is funny shit.

Galactus wins one blast will send all of them to Oblivion.

Whirly did a good job describing the post and pre etc.

Superherovandal
Except the only one DC hasn't powered down is Highfather. He still is very powerful. He could beat Galactus.

Whirlysplatt
While I would agree that Kirby's opinion is more valid than your's or mine on his creation, the current Galactus has metamorphosized so much that he is no longer quite Kirby's creation. And the Destroyer being used in this argument is the uber one that went against the Celestials and was 2000 feet tall.

Do you mean in Thor 300?

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Except the only one DC hasn't powered down is Highfather. He still is very powerful. He could beat Galactus.

Highfather is dead sadly Superhero Vandal, I agree he was never properly involved in crisis and still communicated with the Source through the Source Wall.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
I dont know if this truly counts as a win...but the New gods tech is powerful.. Galac and A.D. cant survive this kind of attack.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/newgodtech.jpg

The Genesis Box is = according to this scan to what GS thinks the Phoenix Force is - This is hilariously interesting smile

Well done Avalon smile

Solidus Snake
DC rocks

...uhm how does the saying go?

"keep the faith, stay whirly"

HAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avalonofthewind
The Genesis Box is = according to this scan to what GS thinks the Phoenix Force is - This is hilariously interesting smile

Well done Avalon smile

Ah, your sharp eye caught that as well... big grin

ImmortalOne
So,,, NewGods have PF tech ??

King KAM
Wolverine owns them all at the same time, by way of animalistic beatings.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.