Thanos vs The General

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
the mad titan (no weapons, gadgets)

VS

the general

discuss.

Sentry
Did this guy beat Superman before?

long pig
Who the hell is that guy, leo?

I thought you meant Zod.

long pig
Originally posted by Sentry
Did this guy beat Superman before?
Why did you post at the exact same time I did?!?! mad
How dare you!

Avalonofthewind
That dude is like Hulk on steroids from the little I've seen on him.

EsteemedLeader
the general fights captain atom and kyle rayner, right? i have him in my DC encyclopedia, its the mind of General Eiling in the body of the "Shaggy Man". the shaggy man took on the JLA, and that was with animalistic intelligence. now he has tactical knowlege and experience. this would be a mad fight...

Sentry
Anyone who takes out the JLA can't be beaten... Period... stick out tongue

long pig
Shaggy man is just totally immune to everything isn't he?

Sentry
Originally posted by long pig
Shaggy man is just totally immune to everything isn't he?

Sounds like Thanos

Avalonofthewind
A strange inconsistancy I found was that Supes was able to heat vision limbs away from him (which grew back in an instant) but the Astro force did squat to him.

long pig
That's because Superman has to be the greatest, or his fans start strapping bombs to themselves and blowing up Comic Cons.

Kal El Akbar!!!!! -BOOM!-

leonidas
here's an abbreviated lowdown on the general/general eiling in the shaggy man's body:

Synthetic lifeform with superhuman strength (at LEAST superman level), speed, agility, stamina and near-indestructible durability capable of regenerating any part of its body including the head; possessing superior senses and intelligence with the skills of a seasoned military officer.

av already mentioned he was 'heat visioned' and that he grew back the arm almost immediately. currently, he's been banished to an asteroid near jupiter, where as far as i know, he's locked in some eternal battle with orion's 'pet', sturmer.

he is a COMPLETE bad ass. i think thanos would have to out-think him to beat him. not sure what else he could do. in a ring-type fight, i think the general takes him. be a hellafight. thumb up

the Darkone
Originally posted by long pig
That's because Superman has to be the greatest, or his fans start strapping bombs to themselves and blowing up Comic Cons.

Kal El Akbar!!!!! -BOOM!- laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing laughing laughing laughing

joeman2
Thanos wins this, the General was only known for his ridiculous durability but Batman was able to hyponite him for a bit. I'd imagine Thanos giving him a mind blast and making him into his herald.

K3VIL
The General
The General as called from the JLA, was previously the U.S. Army General Wade Eiling, leader of a program to create american supersoldiers to protect the nation.The General also used his supersoldiers to stole the body of the Shaggy Man, a synthetic being created by a mad scientist years ago and unleashed against the JLA.
Then he implanted his mind into the Shaggy Man body, cause of his imminent death thank to a brain tumor.
Before the mind transfering process, he shaved all the Shaggy Man body leaving only hairs on his head for a military hair style.He sayed that he never stopped to shave his beard since the day his father gaved him his first shaver, Shaggy Man's style should change.
With his new body, the General was in possess of superhuman strenght Class 100 on par or superior to that of Superman, an high level of durability that when not sufficient was countered from an healing factor sufficiently efficient to grant him to survive to being shot with a tactical nuclear projectile at short distance.He also possess leaping abilities, superhuman senses and sharp teeth, he no more need air, food, water.His body was also syntethic so immune to mental attacks of any kind, and he was tireless cause his body produce no fatigue poisons.
The General was stopped from the JLA and the Ultramarine through teleporting him on an asteroid, Superman himself defined him as a threat to mankind.
His senses and reflexes make him able to stand up to the JLA assaults.
When brought back from Lex Luthor and teleported into the JLA watchtower, it took Superman, Steel, and then Martian Manhunter, Orion and his dog Sturmer to barely contain the General, that even survived from being blasted with Astro Force, Sturmer assaulted the enemy and throwed himself outta the starship of the White Martians, entering into the Anti-Infinite dimension finally posing a stop the the General menace.

Thanos wins this, the General was only known for his ridiculous durability but Batman was able to hyponite him for a bit. I'd imagine Thanos giving him a mind blast and making him into his herald.

That happened early after his mind was transfered into the Shaggy Man body.In WAR WORLD III, MM couldn't slay him through telepathy, they were forced to use energy blasts and physical force to BARELY contain him.
Anyguy that can stand up to the assaults of Superman, MM, Orion and his Wardog Sturmer, and even the Astroforce is a force to reckon with.
General's durability also grow in level after the mind transfer.
At first Batman's exploding blades cutted his arms, then he even took astroforce, and Supes used heat vision at max power to cut away his arms, and sayed everytime he removed his arms they grow back, it was useful, they grow back too fast even for the HV.
Superman speedblitzed him with Steel, tough Steel was useless, at FULL FORCE.
Steel asked what's their strategy, Superman answered:
FULL POWER.
And he slammed into the General like a human projectile, and the bastard took it.

KillAll
what issues has shaggyman/general appeared in???

anybody have a complete list of appearances?

leonidas
check out the ww3/mageddon arc in jla - can't recall the issues. the general is not a very old character, the shaggy man however is.

o.g. slaughter
do u hav anymore pics of thius cat?

K3VIL
I'm gonna posta scans as soon as I can, anyway, I've found this
http://spider-bob.com/villains/dc/images/General01.jpg
General Pics and Stats

Whirlysplatt
Thanos confused did Whirly say that?

Yes!!!!

ask why and he will explain smile

Wynndar
That second picture is goofy looking. The first one is cool though.

Wickerman
Originally posted by K3VIL
The General
The General as called from the JLA, was previously the U.S. Army General Wade Eiling, leader of a program to create american supersoldiers to protect the nation.The General also used his supersoldiers to stole the body of the Shaggy Man, a synthetic being created by a mad scientist years ago and unleashed against the JLA.
Then he implanted his mind into the Shaggy Man body, cause of his imminent death thank to a brain tumor.
Before the mind transfering process, he shaved all the Shaggy Man body leaving only hairs on his head for a military hair style.He sayed that he never stopped to shave his beard since the day his father gaved him his first shaver, Shaggy Man's style should change.
With his new body, the General was in possess of superhuman strenght Class 100 on par or superior to that of Superman, an high level of durability that when not sufficient was countered from an healing factor sufficiently efficient to grant him to survive to being shot with a tactical nuclear projectile at short distance.He also possess leaping abilities, superhuman senses and sharp teeth, he no more need air, food, water.His body was also syntethic so immune to mental attacks of any kind, and he was tireless cause his body produce no fatigue poisons.
The General was stopped from the JLA and the Ultramarine through teleporting him on an asteroid, Superman himself defined him as a threat to mankind.
His senses and reflexes make him able to stand up to the JLA assaults.
When brought back from Lex Luthor and teleported into the JLA watchtower, it took Superman, Steel, and then Martian Manhunter, Orion and his dog Sturmer to barely contain the General, that even survived from being blasted with Astro Force, Sturmer assaulted the enemy and throwed himself outta the starship of the White Martians, entering into the Anti-Infinite dimension finally posing a stop the the General menace.

That happened early after his mind was transfered into the Shaggy Man body.In WAR WORLD III, MM couldn't slay him through telepathy, they were forced to use energy blasts and physical force to BARELY contain him.
Anyguy that can stand up to the assaults of Superman, MM, Orion and his Wardog Sturmer, and even the Astroforce is a force to reckon with.
General's durability also grow in level after the mind transfer.
At first Batman's exploding blades cutted his arms, then he even took astroforce, and Supes used heat vision at max power to cut away his arms, and sayed everytime he removed his arms they grow back, it was useful, they grow back too fast even for the HV.
Superman speedblitzed him with Steel, tough Steel was useless, at FULL FORCE.
Steel asked what's their strategy, Superman answered:
FULL POWER.
And he slammed into the General like a human projectile, and the bastard took it.

Hmm.....bastard looks immune to plenty.....but is he immune to cosmic energy?

Thanos augmented his power in still other ways, enabling him to tap, transform, and direct vast quantities of cosmic energy for destructive force. His skin in nearly invulnerable, particularly against heat, cold, electricity, radiation, toxins, aging, and disease, and he can survive indefinitely without food or water even before his "curse" from Death left him immortal, unable to die. His mind is also invulnerable to most forms of psychic attack, and can project a psionic blast of energy as well as blasts of plasma/cosmic energy from his eyes and hands. He usually employs a hovering chair with additional offensive weapons and the ability to teleport fantastic distances. Deadliest of all Thanos's attributes, perhaps, was his mind, whose superhuman level of intellect was totally dedicated to the annihilation of life.

How would Shaggy man with the general's mind fare against cosmic energy blasts eh? How would he fare against that weapon/gun he used that completely neutralized Thor when he was Berserk?

~wickerman~

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Wickerman
Hmm.....bastard looks immune to plenty.....but is he immune to cosmic energy?

Thanos augmented his power in still other ways, enabling him to tap, transform, and direct vast quantities of cosmic energy for destructive force. His skin in nearly invulnerable, particularly against heat, cold, electricity, radiation, toxins, aging, and disease, and he can survive indefinitely without food or water even before his "curse" from Death left him immortal, unable to die. His mind is also invulnerable to most forms of psychic attack, and can project a psionic blast of energy as well as blasts of plasma/cosmic energy from his eyes and hands. He usually employs a hovering chair with additional offensive weapons and the ability to teleport fantastic distances. Deadliest of all Thanos's attributes, perhaps, was his mind, whose superhuman level of intellect was totally dedicated to the annihilation of life.

How would Shaggy man with the general's mind fare against cosmic energy blasts eh? How would he fare against that weapon/gun he used that completely neutralized Thor when he was Berserk?

~wickerman~

I think Thanos could vaprise "all" his cells, it must be all though as if its not Ealing winssmile

Wickerman
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
I think Thanos could vaprise "all" his cells, it must be all though as if its not Ealing winssmile

I don't know about that. I see Thanos as putting him down more than just outright destroying him. He didn't manage to do so to thing and Thor from point blank with his cosmic blasts, so a guy with such incredible durability might not be vaporised. However, he did KO both of them with that eye blast, so the same could most likely happen to the general. If not, there's always some piece of technology he conviniently carries around that can knockout Thor with one single blast laughing out loud
Thanos is a bastard wink

~wickerman~

K3VIL
You're wrong guys.
Thanos didn't knocked out Thor with his rifle.He trapped him into a block of pure energy force.
Different thing from overcoming someone with physical strenght.
Anyway Big T will outsmart the General seeing the bastard can take anything he can dish out.

Wickerman
Originally posted by K3VIL
You're wrong guys.
Thanos didn't knocked out Thor with his rifle.He trapped him into a block of pure energy force.
Different thing from overcoming someone with physical strenght.
Anyway Big T will outsmart the General seeing the bastard can take anything he can dish out.

After a second look, i agree. My bad, you're right. he wasn't KO, he was completely immobilized in a cube of force. However, even though i was mistaken, that still qualifies as a win if he can do the same to the general IMO.

~wickerman~

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt

I agree. If Supes was able to heat vision off a limb...it would be hard for either him or thanos to do the whole body at once. Thanos would have to do with some kind of weapon though..I doubt that cosmic energy would affect a guy who laughs at the astro force.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
I agree. If Supes was able to heat vision off a limb...it would be hard for either him or thanos to do the whole body at once. Thanos would have to do with some kind of weapon though..I doubt that cosmic energy would affect a guy who laughs at the astro force.

true enough

leonidas
<<After a second look, i agree. My bad, you're right. he wasn't KO, he was completely immobilized in a cube of force. However, even though i was mistaken, that still qualifies as a win if he can do the same to the general IMO.>>

not so fast my friend . . .
big grin

he immobilized thor with the use of a weapon. NO WEAPNRY/GADGETS allowed in this little donny-brook. his own blasts and his strength + whatever odd and unknown 'psionic' powers he has displayed.

i tend to agree with av as well, whirly. thanos went full out and blasted most of the hulk into a skeleton but hulk regenerated from the blast quite quickly. shaggy man is arguably MORE indestructible than the hulk is. i don't see him finishing the general off with one shot though i suppose it is at least conceiveable he could summon that much energy. i don't think i've ever seen him do it though.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind

I don't think it'd be really that difficult to knock him out though. Agreed, he'd probably regenerate/wake up in a matter of minutes at most, but it's still a win.

As for Thanos' blasts.....they're quite potent, as i'm sure you know.

Against people like Thing:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/thingie3sm.jpg

Thing and Thor:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/avengers40jp.jpg

resistance against POWER cosmic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/surf0na.jpg

Silver Surfer (yes, that's Thanos beating SS to death)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/surfer34as.jpg

And even DC characters (as much as i hate to involve crossovers)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/lobo10uf.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/lobo26iu.jpg

There's also his fights with the Eternals, though those were mainly won due to prep time and his vast intellect, fights with Omega, Quasar, Odin of course, Genis Vell, Walker, the fallen one, Jack of Hearts, etc. I'm thinking his cosmic powered blasts are nothing to be scoffed at.

Oh......and you know why?

Because of this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/galactus14jn.jpg

yes.....that;s big G shifty

All pics curteousy of Dawsey wink

Oh.....and of course.....he can take a beating and keep smiling....cause he's scary.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/bbt56ro.jpg

~wickerman~

dvampire
Originally posted by Wickerman
I don't think it'd be really that difficult to knock him out though. Agreed, he'd probably regenerate/wake up in a matter of minutes at most, but it's still a win.

As for Thanos' blasts.....they're quite potent, as i'm sure you know.

Against people like Thing:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/thingie3sm.jpg

Thing and Thor:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/avengers40jp.jpg

resistance against POWER cosmic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/surf0na.jpg

Silver Surfer (yes, that's Thanos beating SS to death)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/surfer34as.jpg

And even DC characters (as much as i hate to involve crossovers)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/lobo10uf.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/lobo26iu.jpg

There's also his fights with the Eternals, though those were mainly won due to prep time and his vast intellect, fights with Omega, Quasar, Odin of course, Genis Vell, Walker, the fallen one, Jack of Hearts, etc. I'm thinking his cosmic powered blasts are nothing to be scoffed at.

Oh......and you know why?

Because of this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/galactus14jn.jpg

yes.....that;s big G shifty

All pics curteousy of Dawsey wink

Oh.....and of course.....he can take a beating and keep smiling....cause he's scary.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/bbt56ro.jpg

~wickerman~

Galactus was weaken when Thanos done that to him.

Wickerman
Originally posted by dvampire
Galactus was weaken when Thanos done that to him.

And when he got back up he proper f*cked Thanos. Even though he said he was the best opponent he'd had in a long long time. However.....any blast that sends Galactus packing as much as that one did deserves big big appreciation IMO.

~wickerman~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.