Eldest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MerMorgan02
OK, fellow Inheritance Trilogy fans, here's a thread on the 2nd book of the trilogy; Eldest. Should b good, huh? wink

I'm on page 57. how far r u?

vaya_the_elf
I got it a few days ago smile

Like it so far. On page 93

MerMorgan02
Wow! i got it ysterday, and my bro was holding it hostage. (he hates 2 read, and yet he wants the book 4 himself)

vaya_the_elf
laughing

riku harada
-banging head on desk- i wish i had the book right now.

vaya_the_elf
Go get it smile

Movie_Geek_
OOOO I could not get it the day I planed to. mad I AM GETTING IT TOMORROW. I have TO!

vaya_the_elf
Hope you do

riku harada
my dad wouldn't take me to the book store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MerMorgan02
man, that sux. yes and the parents r the ones trying 2 get us 2 read!

mcaplan
Finished i the day i got it big grin

Movie_Geek_
Good for you! I am still reading it so SHHHHH!

vaya_the_elf
So am I. Only on page 200

Movie_Geek_
I am half way through.

fantasygirl
msn-oh OMG, it's out!?!? Ok, I seriously need to go get it. embarrasment

sanshain-eien
i so knew who the betrayer was going to be in Eragon!!!!!!!!!!!! what a cool gift was that???? that's so cool how that happened to Eragon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Movie_Geek_
SHHHHHHHH!!!! * continues to read Eldest *

Laviera_j
What is the trilogy about?

Mr. Bacon
i got it wednesday, im on page 500 something

tike900
I've already finished the book and I cant wait for the third

vaya_the_elf
I'm almost finished, and does anyone know when the third comes out?

Mr. Bacon
im almost finished now too and probably not for a while

tike900
Bacon is propably right of if any body knows wrightand tell when

mx6_4_ever
Well I got Eragon for my birthday a few months after it came out and i could not put the book down so when Eldest came out I was at the book store the morning that the book came out and I was the first one in the store. Like Eragon I could not put it down. Eragon really comes into his roll in this book. I cant wait for Eragon the movie comming out late in 2006. As for The 3rd book of the series I hear rumors of early 2007. They are great book and I'm glad to see so many enjoy them!

Krystaldragon
haven't got it yet!?! Gas costs to much to go anywhere...... AHHHH I need to read it..

Mr. Bacon
first off anyone who has not finished the book do not read this i have now ifnished the book and was very surprised by the abrupt ending and also the fact about murtagh being another rider, it also puzzled me as to why he let eragon go so easily but i still found myself unable to put the book down and eagerly await the next book

mx6_4_ever
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER!!! DONT READ IF YOU HAVNT FINISHED ELDEST: Well in regards to why Murtagh let him go. Murtagh isnt all bad. Infact I belive he is still mostly good and will turn fully good later on (or die) anyway... He is mostly good but galbatorix influenced him during his training and made him swear in the ancient langauge which means he has to do it even if he didnt want to. He didnt kill Eragon because he didnt swear to do that, just to hunt him down not to kill or capture. He even further warned Eragon by saying next time galbatorix will make him sware in such a way that he wont be able to escape it. but i agree that the book ended abruptly.

Mr. Bacon
use spoiler teags next time but yea u right, and i was also wondering if the quote from eragon about the menoa tree and a weapon whther healing him was the weapon or if since his sword is gone whether he may get a new one

Movie_Geek_
I am almost finish! I did not read that last poast ahead of me but I can not wait to see how it ends.

Mr. Bacon
i loved it but i wasn the 3rd one like right now

vaya_the_elf
I finally finished it smile

Mr. Bacon
nice

Movie_Geek_
I finished it last night!
Now I have to wait for the next one to come outcry

DarkMystical73
DO NOT READ IF U R NOT DONE!
Im sry i do not know how 2 do spoiler font color but w/e. Wut i think abut murtagh or w/e he is connected 2 his dragon as well n his dragon might b under control by the dark magic(like G's dragon) and is feeding all that into murtagh mind. So pretty much murtagh is screwed becus he is going to promis Gal- in ancient language some sort of promis with no loop holes, so murtagh has to die. Lol thats my perdiction. OMG funny stuff when Eragons cusin killed the twins i was like "Roran wut do u think ur doing, ur goen 2 die" but then he killed them wow good stuff there. The 1 thing i didnt like this time was when Eragon woke up its like right after that he knew how to talk 2 every1 in different costums and think more open minded, like his balls dropped after he defeted the shade!LOL yeah i think Christopher P. is regretting that he is only maken three becuz things r going to get crammed together into the next book because alot of things are left unexplained(just like the next Harry Potter) Well i cant wait to see the movie i hope its dope and theres no shitty acters playen in it lol

Movie_Geek_
I think the movie is going to come out in a few months. As for the rest of what you said I do not know what the spoiler tag is so I can not comment.

MerMorgan02
OMG, I'm DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S WICKED AWESOME!!!!! i HATE SLOAN AND MURTAUGH!!!!!! AND ERAGON ACTS LIKE A STUPID TEENAGER. YEEAH, STUPIDITY!!!!!!! eek!

Movie_Geek_
laughing out loud I know what you mean

DarkMystical73
Just high light my last 1

MerMorgan02
yup. look, arya needs 2 get over herself. she seriously does. I mean, if she likes Eragon so much, she just needs 2 say so! Angela is my fav character officially. big grin

vaya_the_elf
Can't wait for the next book.

MerMorgan02
seriously. my dad made a stupid joke about how the next one's gonna b called youngest. stick out tongue now that I think about it, he has a point. Eragon is one of the youngest riders ever, and he's the youngest rider present! it's possible, but slim.

DarkMystical73
Arya is actually a lesbien

DarkMystical73
No not possible its prob gunna be abut the girft of the boulder or tree or sumthing it was abut

DarkMystical73
also i forgot to add his new swords gunna be sick! from Saphiras scales n shit yeah hes gunna hav a dope new sword. I dunno abut roran though even though he went threw alot of mini wars roran is still jus like Eragon was a poor lil villager boy(but wit a deadly hammer!lol)

MerMorgan02
ARYA'S NOT A LESBO!!!!!!! mad
and, btw, I think that the new sword will b pretty cool. I don't care what the heck u think. stick out tongue

Movie_Geek_
I bet I can guess where his new sword will come from. It is not that hard if you think about it.

DarkMystical73
SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well it was written in the book the smith said they came from the scales of the dragon that 1 elf smith who did morzans sword and hey mermorgan i was jk lol and wut i put was the new swords gunna be sick(meaning really kool) Does anyone else feel sry for the thing eragon made that 1 grl protector it must be sum dark magic he accidently used and i think Gal already knew of this and has many to make sure he lives forever even tho Eragon's a freaken elf n is gunna liv 4ever(lucky/jelouse :whistlesmile SO dope ! U know when u hear Murtages or w/e his name is side of the story you sort of think is all of the Verdan sayen properganda abut Gal in order for people not to join them!

DarkMystical73
Also u never heard of anything else of the first Rider who could be still alive considering he was an elf n that he might of taken the same road Gal took but the verdan didnt say n e thing else abut him becuz they think they are right but they might actually be curupt well I think alotopen minded abut this book mostly cuz i read teh book stoned the whole time to make it more realistic lol I could actually see them talking it was amazing but seriously if ur a kid under 17 here ||Drugs are bad they make ppl retarded and will make you into janitors sum day worken at ur old skool|| now got that clear, next || If ur a janitor im sry, but seriously weed ****ed ur life's up, leading to other drugs, If u didnt do drugs then dun be a janitor its 4 the stoopid not u!||

MerMorgan02
blink that.....was the longest 2 sentences I have ever seen.

DarkMystical73
lol i talk alot on AIM so i jus type alot wit out usen a period, its a forum not grammer skool shifty

Millipilli
i got eldest finally i got it because i have to spend 5 hours working in my mums shop ALONE so she gave me my b-day pressie early im up to the bit how the lady with the werecat is showing them the mushrooms

it rocks dance dance

MerMorgan02
Originally posted by DarkMystical73
lol i talk alot on AIM so i jus type alot wit out usen a period, its a forum not grammer skool shifty

I no, but that was still.... blink the longest 2 sentences I've ever dang cn.

Yeah! U got Eldest!!! stick out tongue "That Lady" is Angela, and the "werecat" is Solumbum, however that's spelled.

seriph
i found this book a disapointment after the first one, i didn't like it much, it was to predictable and convinient

Movie_Geek_
I liked the first one more I think but no doubt this one was REALLY good!!!
The first one had more action and I think it flowed better.

DarkMystical73
DO NOT READ IF U DID NOT FINISH THE BOOK PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! PFFF... yeah sure i totally predicted Roran beat the twins, Mortage being a new rider, n that 1 protector chick, and eragons gift, and morzan was his father (SARCASIM) lol its alright u hav ur own opinions but seriously did u predict that? Well this book did sort of put pieces together, but thats because its setting up for the next book the final battle! The only thing i hate abut this book is, its a lil like Harry Potter, but wit a dragon n no wands. How everyone always dies dearest to them, does any 1 else sort of think that? All n all the next book is goen 2 blow our minds away and so is the movie.

Movie_Geek_
SPOILER SPOILER DO NOT READ!!!!!

A good part of it I could guess. I did to guess that Murtag would be a dragon rider, at least not at the start of the book because he had been around Galbitrox and his father was a Rider, that he had already been tested for the eggs. I do not see it as being Harry Potter, other then the fact that they are fantasy. I do see a lot of Lord of the Rings.

DarkMystical73
yeah it reminds me of World of warcraft

Council#13
i finished book and cant wait for third

Movie_Geek_
yeah it reminds me of World of warcraft

I have not read that. Who is it by.

MerMorgan02
warcraft? It reminds me of the book I'm writing! laughing

I'm w/ Council#13, I can't wait 4 the next book.

DarkMystical73
World of Warcraft Online game pretty tight but a lil boring

Movie_Geek_
A story I think that is pretty cool and origanal is the Bartimas Trilagy.

MerMorgan02
....right.....

so, we're all finished Eldest, right? OK, then I'm gonna say this. I bet The Ra'zac r gonna try and turn on Galbatorix. at least I hope so.
that, or they all die. stick out tongue

Movie_Geek_
Well they will die, I have no dout about that. I think it will be by Eragon and Roran.

MerMorgan02
stick out tongue i guess it serves them right. *should add them 2 People I Want To Egg Today List*
but they're still beings, capable of love as the kull are, right? or am I living in a fantasy world?

DarkMystical73
yeah the Bart Tril is good very complex but good. Try to predict the next riders coming up there is still two eggs! i think 1 will be Roran and the second ORIK! YEAH BABY

MerMorgan02
Orik? wow, I hope he gets used 2 the whole hights thing soon. laughing

DarkMystical73
Lol it might happen lol just cause he said he hates hights lol. Also they were going on abut how there was no dwarf to be a rider yet. ANother thing i thought is Eragon is now part of every thing(soon) he is families with the dwarfs, elves, humans, riders all what he needs to do now is side wit the urgals which might happen after they defet the Raa' zac

Millipilli
happybday happybday
its my birthday
i knew that murtagh and eragon were related in some strange twisted way
also i finished eldest today

KingDubya
*feels left out since he hasn't finished Eldest yet*
I'm only halfway...

Movie_Geek_
I wuld be careful what you read on this then because then you may read somthing you do not what to know.

MerMorgan02
yeah, what Movie_Geek_ said.

Movie_Geek_
laughing out loud Some one agrees with me!jawdrop

DarkMystical73
(O) jawdrop (O)

Millipilli
yes i also agree

there were 3 eggs one was saphira one was thorn and the other one will probably be roran

also on the front of the first one there was saphira on the second there was thorn on the third will probably be the third dragon egg

DarkMystical73
oooo i thought it said there was 3 more eggs i didnt know thorn and saphira was 2 of the 3.

DarkMystical73
Alright this Forum is not over yet any1 hav any ideas abut the book that they would like 2 share? By the way i totally blew the ending away for my older brother cuz i thought he read it already. So yeah i got my ass beat lol whistle

Millipilli
my mum thinks that roran will be the now king because he was a desendant of the old king and that orik will get the third dragon egg

Movie_Geek_
I do not think that Orik will get the last egg because he is a dwarf. I also do not think that Roran will get the last egg because that is WAY to easy to guess.

Millipilli
i guess but it wasnt my guess
and why wouldnt orik get the 3rd dragon egg i dont see why not

BartmanX
I was hoping Eragon and Arya would at least kiss in this book.

DarkMystical73
people arnt sayen orik is gunna get the egg there jus hopping becuz it would b funny/kool. When Orik was riding Saphira it sort of forshadowed alot abut dwarfs not being riders. "There has never been a dwarf rider" "Dwarfs arnt ment for the sky" it would be a long shot but it would still b tight. I really think that the Dwarfs and the Urgals are gunna partner up cuz they both lov war alot.

Ingwë Eldaran
Down with Eldest! stick out tongue

Millipilli
Originally posted by BartmanX
I was hoping Eragon and Arya would at least kiss in this book.

me too but beggars cant be choosers can they?????

yeah i supose about orik it will have to be a good dragon so it is 2 vs 2 so they defeat galbatorix and alagaesia is safe with RORAN as the new king

seriph
people arnt sayen orik is gunna get the egg there jus hopping becuz it would b funny/kool. When Orik was riding Saphira it sort of forshadowed alot abut dwarfs not being riders. "There has never been a dwarf rider" "Dwarfs arnt ment for the sky" it would be a long shot but it would still b tight. I really think that the Dwarfs and the Urgals are gunna partner up cuz they both lov war alot.
i expect that it would be a elf, probobly ayra(sp) or the guy he fences, i forget his name

BartmanX
Originally posted by Millipilli
me too but beggars cant be choosers can they?????

yeah i supose about orik it will have to be a good dragon so it is 2 vs 2 so they defeat galbatorix and alagaesia is safe with RORAN as the new king

Why Roran?

Movie_Geek_
Because the people of Carvihall have a lot of disendents of the old human king so Rorand may have the blood line. Pluse he would be a good leader. I think it is kind of lead Roran up to that point.

DarkMystical73
Wait wut abut the chick thats leading now? Lol beggers cant be choosers good shit. I thought they said arya has touched all the eggs so far? Id name my dragon Fred lol jk!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/smilies/banana.gif
Happy Dance

BartmanX
Originally posted by Movie_Geek_
Because the people of Carvihall have a lot of disendents of the old human king so Rorand may have the blood line. Pluse he would be a good leader. I think it is kind of lead Roran up to that point.

He would be a good leader, but I doubt he has a blood line.

BartmanX
Originally posted by MerMorgan02
OK, fellow Inheritance Trilogy fans, here's a thread on the 2nd book of the trilogy; Eldest. Should b good, huh? wink

I'm on page 57. how far r u?

I'm done with it.

MerMorgan02
OK, I think that on the cover of the next book, it'll b either the new dragon or Galbatorix's dragon. I hope, if it's the new dragon, it's either green or orange. happy

Movie_Geek_
Orange....? I think Green is a most likely what it will be but it could also be white I think. That was the color of the first Eragon's dragon.

BartmanX
I really hope it's green. But who would its Rider be?

DarkMystical73
gal's dragon is black right?

BartmanX
gal's dragon is black right?

Yeah.

DarkMystical73
Dope if i had a choice to get a dragon id get a black dragon. Well i read this book stoned n i recamend its so tight when ur baked

ftup8
hey jus a quick question, does any1 know what the next one will be called and when he plans to publish it...cause i cant wait like anouther year. Theres 2much i wanna know.

BartmanX
Originally posted by ftup8
hey jus a quick question, does any1 know what the next one will be called and when he plans to publish it...cause i cant wait like anouther year. Theres 2much i wanna know.

I don't.

ftup8
u dont what? want to know or jus dont know yourself...i'm confused

Millipilli
Wait wut abut the chick thats leading now? Lol beggers cant be choosers good shit. I thought they said arya has touched all the eggs so far? Id name my dragon Fred lol jk!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/smilies/banana.gif
Happy Dance

what on earth are you talking about???????

DarkMystical73
Lol nothen at Originally posted by BartmanX
Why Roran? from that

DarkMystical73
actually the 1 abov that 1

ftup8
i thought arya only had touched saphiras egg....cause Gal took the others at the fall of the riders...

MerMorgan02
OK, u guys r confusing me..... And I'm easily confused! big grin

When is the third book coming out? does NEone know?

BartmanX
OK, u guys r confusing me..... And I'm easily confused! big grin

When is the third book coming out? does NEone know?

I don't know when it's coming out. Soon, I hope. But I doubt it.

sadi21
omg! the book is awesome! youll never guess what happens at the end...but i wont tell big grin

Movie_Geek_
I don't know when it's coming out. Soon, I hope. But I doubt it.

Well it took like three years for him to get out the second book....more I think because that is just how long I had to wait after I read read it.

DarkMystical73
Yeah well there maken the ERagon the movie, so prob in 3 years or a lil less,when the next book comes out, depends on the movie.

Movie_Geek_
The movie should be comiong out with the next year sooner I think but I am to lazzy to look.

MerMorgan02
it had better b sooner than later. I'm tired of waiting 4 all the good books!
Harry Potter
New Inheritance Trilogy Book
Great Tree of Avalon
Wizards At War (In paperback)
Stravaganza (If there's a new 1)
Avalon; Quest for Magic

Look at that list! I'm waiting 4 ALL of those books, dangnabit!

BartmanX
Yeah well there maken the ERagon the movie, so prob in 3 years or a lil less,when the next book comes out, depends on the movie.

I heard about that, I heard it was coming out in 2006.

Susan-Storm
it had better b sooner than later. I'm tired of waiting 4 all the good books!
Harry Potter
New Inheritance Trilogy Book
Great Tree of Avalon
Wizards At War (In paperback)
Stravaganza (If there's a new 1)
Avalon; Quest for Magic

Look at that list! I'm waiting 4 ALL of those books, dangnabit!

Don't Worry MerMorgan02. They will come out eventually, it is not like it is coming out in 2091 or something

*Patience is a virtue msn-wink *

vaya_the_elf
I heard about that, I heard it was coming out in 2006.

I hope they make a movie. smile

Movie_Geek_
They ARE making one I just have to look to see when it is out.

MerMorgan02
Originally posted by Susan-Storm
Don't Worry MerMorgan02. They will come out eventually, it is not like it is coming out in 2091 or something

*Patience is a virtue msn-wink *

That virtue flew out the window a long time ago 4 me, lol!

and once you start on a series, you can only reread the first book so many times before it gets old. (Yes, I do reread my books. That's y I know them inside-out)
But, I wish they would just hurry up! I mean, it's not like I'm complaining about a video game, or a cell phone, or something like that! It's a BOOK! most parents would PAY to have their children be interested in books.

Srry, it's a little early in the morning. I get hot-headed.

BartmanX
That virtue flew out the window a long time ago 4 me, lol!

and once you start on a series, you can only reread the first book so many times before it gets old. (Yes, I do reread my books. That's y I know them inside-out)
But, I wish they would just hurry up! I mean, it's not like I'm complaining about a video game, or a cell phone, or something like that! It's a BOOK! most parents would PAY to have their children be interested in books.

Srry, it's a little early in the morning. I get hot-headed.

Well first they have to write the book, and while doing so, they have to think of ideas on what to write. It's very complicated and difficult.

Movie_Geek_
I got bord and got the site for the movie. http://www.eragonmovie.com/

kf100
most of the fansites say the movies due out june 16 of next year, BUT one site has said that they changed it and now its december 15. they started filming on august 1st, so it shouldn't take them that long. i hope they're just being prepared in case it does, b/c that's just too long a wait!

BartmanX
At least we know it's coming out somtime.

Movie_Geek_
It will help with waiting for the next book

someone797
Do you know when the third is coming out? Did you hear that their making a movie on Eragon? eek! smokin' rolling on floor laughing confused evil face

Movie_Geek_
Over and over again and that was just the last page it has been said every other I think,laughing out loud

I heard about that, I heard it was coming out in 2006. Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
I hope they make a movie. smile
They ARE making one I just have to look to see when it is out.
I got bord and got the site for the movie. http://www.eragonmovie.com/
At least we know it's coming out somtime.

someone797
Oh... whistle

BartmanX
I found out who's playing as Eragon and Arya in Eragon the movie.

Movie_Geek_
WHO WHO WHO? TELL ME TELL ME! No really who?

bogen
finished it, mad book loved it finish and the first both 2 days each and can't wait for the next

MerMorgan02
what Movie_Geek_ said. eek!

BartmanX
Sienna Guillory is playing as Arya, and Ed Speleers is playing as Eragon in the movie Eragon.

BartmanX
I also found out that the next dragon will be green.

BartmanX
And that Garrett Hedlund will play as Murtagh in the Eragon movie.

bogen
i got the two books and finished them both in two days each: total 4 days, and i loved every sleep deprived minute of it!!!

Backspace
I read Eragon. It sucked.

someone797
Then what the heck are you doing here? confused

Krystaldragon
LOOK PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*falls on the ground*

someone797
*iooks at floor*

Movie_Geek_
* Falls next to them *

Where did you get that.

Krystaldragon
*stands up and brushes myself off* I got it on this awesome site here, lota cool Eragon info-
http://www.shurtugal.com/news/archive.php?show=month&month=October&year=2004

Movie_Geek_
eek! Cool!

The cover of Saphera is a lot different then the American version. I likes are better. The other cover is not hoy I picture her as.

http://shurtugal.com/imageviewer.php?view=bookcovers/eragon-sweden.jpg

MerMorgan02
I dunno which 1 I like more...

Movie_Geek_
They are both cool but I still likes the American one better.

MerMorgan02
wow.. I haven't been here 4 a while...

does NE1 (mostly Movie_Geek_, sionce ur the only 1 here right now) know which actor is playing Eragon? who will the voice of Saphira b?

Movie_Geek_
Got me....I could google it but I need his name. I will go look for it.

Movie_Geek_
http://www.shurtugal.com/?id=mandm/eragon/cast

A good stie, where I got my info.

Full name: Edward Speleers

Birthday: unknown (17 years old)

Biography
Edward Speleers is 17-year-old public schoolboy with no acting experience beyond amateur school productions. Before beat 180,000 hopefuls to land the title role in Eragon, Ed was a boarder at Eastbourne College. Considered by many to have a strong female following, Ed is often referred to 'Eastbourne College's leading man'. Ed recently he's played Richard the 3rd and Hamlet in school plays. Ed is the only child of Essex-based financial consultant John Speleers, 62. Ed's parents are divorced and his mother now lives in Spain.

There is stuff on all the other actors.

allofyousuckkk
i read the first one, but dont remember the small details that are important, and i bought the second one, but i dotn want to reread the first one and dont get the second one

MistressofSnape
I read the first one. It was tHE bOMB! I went to Barnes & Nobles to read the 2nd and had to go home. I stopped at pg. 269. I read that much in one sitting! I didn't have enough money to buy it and still havent got it. That was 2 weeks ago. i'm still on pg. 269 on account of NOBODY having that book except stores. I'm not about to pay $21 for it.

BartmanX
Originally posted by MistressofSnape
I read the first one. It was tHE bOMB! I went to Barnes & Nobles to read the 2nd and had to go home. I stopped at pg. 269. I read that much in one sitting! I didn't have enough money to buy it and still havent got it. That was 2 weeks ago. i'm still on pg. 269 on account of NOBODY having that book except stores. I'm not about to pay $21 for it.

Good one. thumb up cool

someone797
Originally posted by MistressofSnape

What are you talking about?!?! confused Eldest costs $11!

BartmanX
Originally posted by someone797

When I got it, It costs like $24.

MistressofSnape
Originally posted by Fallin' Rayne

I looked on Bn.com and now it's about $ 16.00.

Movie_Geek_
I payed about 18! Wish I had seen it at $11. I still think it was worth it though.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>