Wicca and PAganism (witchcraft) a sin or not?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

padmeXskywalker
I am a witch, i study witchcraft and magick. I am wiccan and pagan.

Many of my friends in the past have called me devil worshipper. I just want to know, only nothing anyvody says is going to change the way i think about my religion, is Paganism and Wicca wrong??? is it worshipping satan (who by the way was made up by christians) is magick turning beauftiful flowers into dust, spreading plague ect...
To you, is that what magick and pagansim is about???

Shakyamunison
To a Christan, pagans are evil. To me, you are outward flowing. I am a Buddhist, I strive to stop outward flowing, I try to inward flow. That doesn't mean that what you do doesn't work for you, just not for me. smile

debbiejo
Pagans are ok....just be a nice pagan...

finti
guess im screwed with my avatar then

debbiejo
Yeah....evil goats head......devil boy.

lil bitchiness
Paganism was around lonmg before any of the organised religion, including Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Its only when those religions which worshiped one god, demonised everyone else.

Imagawa666
Paganism is the true British religion so I love them all.

padmeXskywalker
hey, thanks. i go to a school where if i get caught reading or doing anything magick ect. meditating, visualising energy, reading my wicca book I get hissed at or i get dissed. sad

padmeXskywalker
any other ideas???

Storm
Wicca is just like any other religion, in that it will suit your spiritual needs. If you feel that Wicca is right for you, then pursue it.

big gay kirk
If you're a Christian, hinduism is a sin... as an Odinist, a follower of the Northern Way, I'm an in-ya-face Pagan... we're a bit less eco and a lot more warrior... and we believe in whatever gods are handiest....as I've said to my lot several times, when you have one God, you have to be intolerant... when you have thousands, one more is just an extra bottle at the party....

Atlantis001
Wicca is cool, and paganism in general too, they make more sense than christian self contradictory philosophy. People are just too dumb to understand things which they were not forced too, like the bible, and choose by their own will.

svnthdysthsbbth
Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

God says, in his Holy Scriptures that abominations won't be in heaven. In another place it also says sin separates us from God. So it sounds like abominations and sin cause bring about the same results.

Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Atlantis001
See what I mean.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by svnthdysthsbbth
Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

God says, in his Holy Scriptures that abominations won't be in heaven. In another place it also says sin separates us from God. So it sounds like abominations and sin cause bring about the same results.

Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

If 80% of what you are going to post is to be quotes from the bible at lease let it be with a modern translation. Please go down to the book store and get a new translation of the bible, it would be easier for many people to read your posts. "And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing" makes no sense at all. mad

svnthdysthsbbth
I would rather quote from the unadulterated version of the Bible. When ever men get their hands into changing something, it becomes a mess. Besides the fact that spiritual things are spiritually discerned.

I have heard the NIV called the Jesuit Bible, because of the altercations that have been done to it. I can believe that!

It has complete verses missing, to suit the deceptions of Satan.

Gotta hand it to Satan, for plugging the world again into gross darkness like the dark ages. We sit by totally unaware of his tactics, because he is so subtle. The gradual changes are taking the living words away from the people.

Shakyamunison
I would rather quote from the unadulterated version of the Bible. When ever men get their hands into changing something, it becomes a mess. Besides the fact that spiritual things are spiritually discerned.

I have heard the NIV called the Jesuit Bible, because of the altercations that have been done to it. I can believe that!

It has complete verses missing, to suit the deceptions of Satan.

Gotta hand it to Satan, for plugging the world again into gross darkness like the dark ages. We sit by totally unaware of his tactics, because he is so subtle. The gradual changes are taking the living words away from the people.

Are you insane or just ignorant? The bible you quote from was changed many times by man, things were put in and taken out and translation after translation has changed the words.

Are you here to talk to us or is this just an ego thing for you?

svnthdysthsbbth
Talking works both ways, and everyone can have an opinion, but the truth of God's word will stand forever. In the end, it is the Holy Spirit that brings the conviction and true conversion. God knows the heart, we can never fool God, no matter how hard we may try.

We all have a right to agree or to disagree, without that we wouldn't have a very eventful conversation.

svnthdysthsbbth
Isaiah 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

smile

Shakyamunison
Talking works both ways, and everyone can have an opinion, but the truth of God's word will stand forever. In the end, it is the Holy Spirit that brings the conviction and true conversion. God knows the heart, we can never fool God, no matter how hard we may try.

We all have a right to agree or to disagree, without that we wouldn't have a very eventful conversation.

How do you know... I have the holy spirit.

debbiejo
IIt has complete verses missing, to suit the deceptions of Satan.

http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/14706.htm

Cute little bunny...there is no Satan or hell...it's all myth...the church stole the ideas from older beliefs...Jesus was talking historically about Gehenna....look at the web site....

svnthdysthsbbth
did I say, that I did? Only, God knows, if we are walking according to his will, he hears us and we hear him. He will give his spirit according to his purpose and not our own.

svnthdysthsbbth
oops, wrong board, sorry about that debbiejo!

Spelljammer
Alot of people make a really bad assumption, they've confused sorcerer with witch.

A sorcerer is not to be spared in the eyes of God. Sorcerer in translation means traitor. A traitor to God? Perhaps.. the point is, a sorcerer is a peversion of what The Holy Spirit would want, nothing points to a sorcerer better then radical terrorists, or power-mad cultists, or teenage witches who use fear and misunderstanding to gain an upperhand on the social latter.. Sorcerers are seen everyday, but neither God's children nor followers of the three-fold path do anything about them, because that's where the real evil's at, and it's far easier to just blame Christians and thier ignorance, or those damn Pagans and thier heresy..

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Spelljammer
Alot of people make a really bad assumption, they've confused sorcerer with witch.

A sorcerer is not to be spared in the eyes of God. Sorcerer in translation means traitor. A traitor to God? Perhaps.. the point is, a sorcerer is a peversion of what The Holy Spirit would want, nothing points to a sorcerer better then radical terrorists, or power-mad cultists, or teenage witches who use fear and misunderstanding to gain an upperhand on the social latter.. Sorcerers are seen everyday, but neither God's children nor followers of the three-fold path do anything about them, because that's where the real evil's at, and it's far easier to just blame Christians and thier ignorance, or those damn Pagans and thier heresy..

You say "the three-fold path". I am surprised you know about that, most people don't. Do you also know about inward flow, the Voice Hearers and Artats? These are from the Lotus Sutra. There is a strong connection between the teachings of Jesus and the teachings in the Lotus Sutra.

finti
Sorcerer is from the latin sortiarius meaning "one who casts lots"

padmeXskywalker
I know litterally everything about Wicca, and quite alot about paganism. If there's anybody who thinks the wiccan way is bad, fire away your thoughts and I'll put you right. The wiccan rede alone shows that wicca is good

"And ye harm none, do what thou wilt," the wiccan rede.

And anything a witch sends out comes back three-fold. That's why only insane wiccan dudes do black magick.
wicca is an overally good religion, but not all of them are good.
All christians arent goos, nor sikhs, or hindos, or shintuists, or muslims, or buddists. It wouldnt be natural if we were all good.
ponit made hopefully.
big grin

padmeXskywalker
good*

padmeXskywalker
point* made hopefully
big grin

debbiejo
I don't believe wiccans are bad.....Infact I find it interesting....I have heard that one can use the lower forces to do wrong to someone, but it usually just turns around and bites them in the a$$....at some point...Like what goes around, comes around...reaping and sowing...

debbiejo
Does Pagan equal Evil??

There are holidays that are in the Christain church, we have statues here in the US that are pagan even in DCA................hmm..........

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Does Pagan equal Evil??

No.

Floigen
Does Pagan equal Evil??

There are holidays that are in the Christain church, we have statues here in the US that are pagan even in DCA................hmm..........
Stupid Jew.

Darth Macabre
Does Pagan equal Evil??

No, pagan does not equal evil.

docb77
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagan

It would seem that pagans are like every other group of people. Some good, some bad.

lord xyz
It's as evil a tree.

Alliance
Does Pagan equal Evil??

Did this really deserve a thread?

Darth Kreiger
Pagan

devil

Imperial_Samura
Does Pagan equal Evil??

No. The very word pagan or even worse heathen has unfortunate and innacruate connotations born out of the way they were viewed by the monthiestic religions that superceded them.

They were in no way "evil" in nature, nor were there followers "Evil."

fini
once they dont understand it, or not in their "books", OH it is evil

just like how the internet, television, glasses, the toilet, evolution, other religions...etc are all evil

DragonWoman
We Pagan are not evil...

'Judge not a person by their creed, color or religion but by their actions alone...'

dawsey28
I thought the word "Pagan" was simply defined as NOT Christian, Jew, or Muslim.

Does that equal evil? confused

Alliance
Originally, Pagan was a broad term used by Christians for non-Chirstians.

It has since taken on a more scholarly context.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Alliance

It has since taken on a more scholarly context.

Indeed, much as everyone who didn't speak a certain tongue of Greek was a barbarian - regardless of the variation in beliefs or motivations of age of culture etc.

It is true it is more scholarly today, though I have noticed that many lectures/authors seem to be moving away from using it as much now. "Traditional cult worship" as opposed to "pagan worship" etc.

DragonWoman
Originally posted by dawsey28
I thought the word "Pagan" was simply defined as NOT Christian, Jew, or Muslim.

Does that equal evil? confused

Pagan is not that...its a broader term for the older less established in this modern world that was once largely populated with in the old times and have all but died away into time now...

Alliance
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
"Traditional cult worship" as opposed to "pagan worship" etc.

Words like "animist" also crop up regularly.

Imperial_Samura
Words like "animist" also crop up regularly.

Especially with more attention being paid now to religion that predated the spread of Greek cult.

Rome has for a long time been unfairly thought of lacking any religion of its own, merely assimilating others, but they had animist beliefs long before they set up Juno and Saturn and co.

Which leads to other debates - differences between Pagan religion, animism and organised religion - though that is more on the mechanics of the cults, as opposed to what was believed.

debbiejo
Did this really deserve a thread? Sure does because the Christian faith is based on it and they don't know... evil face

Imperial_Samura
Sure does because the Christian faith is based on it and they don't know... evil face

The bastard son of Paganism. Christianity probably never gets invited to the family reunions.

lil bitchiness
Does Pagan equal Evil??

No. Paganism = foundation for many many monotheist religions.

Alfheim
No point in me saying anything.

Atlantis001
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
No. Paganism = foundation for many many monotheist religions. thumb up I agree.

Alliance
Sure does because the Christian faith is based on it and they don't know... evil face

Then why not make a thread on that instead of beating around the bush until you've killed all the bushbies?

debbiejo
You're too picky........I think it's pill time for you now.....

See religions, or most are pagan.......... laughing out loud ...And yet they point their fingers at everybody else and call them sinners...........bangin

Alliance
Yes. How ironic. People are both ignorant of history and hypocritical about it.

lord xyz
Yes. How ironic. People are both ignorant of history and hypocritical about it. It's a shame really.

Mr. Sandman
Originally posted by padmeXskywalker

Many of my friends in the past have called me devil worshipper. I just want to know, only nothing anyvody says is going to change the way i think about my religion, is Paganism and Wicca wrong??? is it worshipping satan (who by the way was made up by christians) is magick turning beauftiful flowers into dust, spreading plague ect...

You're the worst kind of Pagan. The ignorant type.

Neither of them are about spells and magic, magic just happens to be a more popular section of both.

Atlantis001
Paganism is better than what we have today, but unfortunately many teenagers that are into it turned it into a fashion trend or something alike...

debbiejo
Well what many would call magic is really IMO is just intention. Strong energies that can be used only because they exist anyway and we use them all the time, yet not knowing we are. The power of attraction to what a person dwells on would make it many times happen.

Actually I find paganism quite fascinating. Some things differ from culture to culture, but they all have the roots in common, just different names and rituals...

Storm
True magic is neither black nor white. It' s both because nature is both, loving and cruel, all at the same time. The only good or bad is in the heart of the person. Life gives a balance of its own.

debbiejo
I agree.

Shakyamunison
What is magic?

debbiejo
Magic is just the power of attraction.................Oh, and intention.......kinda different from blowing out birthday candles cause we say "I wish"...In using intention you say "It will happen", or "It is".........and believe it.

Shakyamunison
Magic is just the power of attraction.................Oh, and intention.......kinda different from blowing out birthday candles cause we say "I wish"...In using intention you say "It will happen", or "It is".........and believe it.

Can you give me a more Wicca answer?

debbiejo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Can you give me a more Wicca answer? Well Wicca like many pagan religions and also Christians have this ONE thing in common.........THEY BELIEVE IT TO BE.....Some believe it is Jesus doing it, some believe it's another god doing it, some believe it is the energies doing it..........This is IMO is why miracles happen all around the world in many beliefs.

Many place rituals to it....the idea of rituals is just making it more real, though a person don't need a ritual.........just like the blowing out of a birthday cake.......that is a ritual to make something happen, though it is said wrong....it is a WISH..........not a belief that it will happen.

Shakyamunison
Well Wicca like many pagan religions and also Christians have this ONE thing in common.........THEY BELIEVE IT TO BE.....Some believe it is Jesus doing it, some believe it's another god doing it, some believe it is the energies doing it..........This is IMO is why miracles happen all around the world in many beliefs.

Many place rituals to it....the idea of rituals is just making it more real, though a person don't need a ritual.........just like the blowing out of a birthday cake.......that is a ritual to make something happen, though it is said wrong....it is a WISH..........not a belief that it will happen.

Can you give me an example of magic, under the traditional definition?

debbiejo
Can you give me an example of magic, under the traditional definition? Hmm, you are difficult......let me think....OK, you want a change in your life........You think about what it is you want all the time. But yet you really don't do much about it........yet it is always there and you dwell on it constantly.........This sends out energies of attraction to what you want (This is part of the evolutionary concept, and attracts to you what you want from something higher)....Though you really didn't do much about making this change, it does evolve in this way and the change does happen.....

Shakyamunison
Hmm, you are difficult......let me think....OK, you want a change in your life........You think about what it is you want all the time. But yet you really don't do much about it........yet it is always there and you dwell on it constantly.........This sends out energies of attraction to what you want (This is part of the evolutionary concept, and attracts to you what you want from something higher)....Though you really didn't do much about making this change, it does evolve in this way and the change does happen.....

I don't think that falls under traditional definition. Would magic be something like walking on water?

debbiejo
There are people who walk on hot coals?

Shakyamunison
There are people who walk on hot coals?

But that is not magic. Is raising the dead magic?

debbiejo
But that is not magic. Is raising the dead magic? Hmmmmm could be. If the intention is strong and right........just as people go through unimaginable circumstances and survive........

Don't really know if I know the answer to that question though.........

Mr. Sandman
Magic would be preforming a ritual designed to make someone love you.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
Magic would be preforming a ritual designed to make someone love you. It could be, but in influencing anothers free will, it will only come back possibly in a negative way of some sort.

It's not wise to tamper with someones free will.

Mr. Sandman
Noone said magic was a tool of the intelligent. Or moral. Or even works at all.

debbiejo
I don't consider it magic...........It's just the way the world runs..........kinda quantum

Alliance
Nothing about quantum is magic either.

JesusIsAlive

This person speaks the Word of God. Listen to him.

Jim Reaper

You are free to choose...
Keep on rock

Jim Reaper

Before they were put to a horrible death for not converting...

JesusIsAlive

Acts 19:17-20 17
This became known both to all Jews and Greeks dwelling in Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the Name of the Lord Jesus was magnified. And many who had believed came confessing and telling their deeds. Also, many of those who had practiced magic brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all. And they counted up the value of them, and it totaled fifty thousand pieces of silver. So the word of the Lord grew mightily and prevailed.

Deuteronomy 18:10-15
There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. For all who do these things are an abomination to the LORD , and because of these abominations the LORD your God drives them out from before you. You shall be blameless before the LORD your God. For these nations which you will dispossess listened to soothsayers and diviners; but as for you, the LORD your God has not appointed such for you.

Wiccanism is an abomination to God as revealed in His holy Word. Take the time to read about a woman who was deeply involved in the occult and witchcraft. Hear her first-hand testimony of the upshot.

Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
http://wri.leaderu.com/pages/montenegro.html

What a powerful testimony! By far the most powerful ex-occult member testimony to date.

Alliance
Originally posted by Jim Reaper
Before they were put to a horrible death for not converting...

Yes. The heads on pikes was disturbing.

Jim Reaper
Yes. The heads on pikes was disturbing.

Those catholics can be so persuading.

Alliance
It wasnt a new thing. Think of a rebel crucified every 0.035 kilometers along the Appian way in 71 BCE.

ADarksideJedi
THey are the same in my book.jmvelho

Shakyamunison
This person speaks the Word of God. Listen to him.

And unlike you, he is always nice to me.

Alliance
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
THey are the same in my book.jmvelho

Why?

JesusIsAlive

chillmeistergen
Did you start this because I mentioned David Blaine in the 23 minutes thread?

FeceMan
Holy shit, it makes mine eyes bleed.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Did you start this because I mentioned David Blaine in the 23 minutes thread?

I started this so that people can educate themselves on what is truly taken place.

Crimson Phoenix
Well i've just been educated. Here was me thinking witchcraft was the shizzle, but it was actually the pizzle! I'm a much better person now smile

debbiejo
This honestly sounds like the Pentecostal church. And according to other denominations they don't follow gods 10 commandments (lawlessness), They speak in gibberish and call it "words of god", they speak false words of god, and they do healing's in (gods?) name. Some of the speaking in tongues have been translated as having bits of another language in it that are blasphemous. They accuse everybody else of going to hell such as Daved Blaine.

Bicnarok

JesusIsAlive

Shakyamunison
God has given us His Word so that we can judge sin. Witchcraft is a sin.

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the LORD, and because of these abominations the LORD your God drives them out from before you. 13 You shall be blameless before the LORD your God. 14 For these nations which you will dispossess listened to soothsayers and diviners; but as for you, the LORD your God has not appointed such for you.

Acts 19:19
19 Also, many of those who had practiced magic brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all. And they counted up the value of them, and it totaled fifty thousand pieces of silver.

That sounds like conversion by the sword to me.

Bicnarok
God has given us His Word so that we can judge sin. Witchcraft is a sin.

Acts 19:19

Luke 6:37 "Stop judging, and you will never be judged. Stop condemning, and you will never be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven"

http://biblebrowser.com/luke/6-37.htm

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Luke 6:37 "Stop judging, and you will never be judged. Stop condemning, and you will never be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven"

So, the bible says one thing in one place, and then says just the opposite in another place. confused I'm sure glad the bible does not contradict itself. laughing

Nellinator
That sounds like conversion by the sword to me. The Acts 19 account? Definitely not. You should actually read it.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Nellinator
The Acts 19 account? Definitely not. You should actually read it.

I don't know what you are talking about. Please explain.

Nellinator
It wasn't conversion by the sword. The people converted and brought their books out of their own accord and burned them. It was their own choice. Off the top of my head I can't even remember Paul recommending that they burn their books.

FeceMan
What kind of ****wit thinks that Acts 19 is "conversion by the sword"?

(One who is so blindly against Christianity that he'll lie and distort the Bible to attempt to prove a point.)

Nellinator
Or, on a softer note, maybe someone who simply hasn't read it... then made a prejudiced and incorrect assumption.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Bicnarok

There are two types of judgment: judging right from wrong and judging someone. This verse is talking about the latter. The former verse that I quoted is talking about judging from wrong not judging someone as such. So, no, there is no contradiction.

JesusIsAlive
There are two types of judgment: judging right from wrong and judging someone. This verse is talking about the latter. The former verse that I quoted is talking about judging from wrong not judging someone as such. So, no, there is no contradiction.

I meant to say judging right from wrong in the last statement (typo).

leonheartmm

leonheartmm
What is magic?

the tendency of the universe to act physically irrationally and emotionally rationally
being in tune with the conciounce/energy of the universe/beyond
chaos{physical/perceptual} which needs will to channel into observable or desired phenomenon{possibly possessed inherently by some, the chaos i mean}
given power
power aquired through pacts with sentiences/psuedopsentiences
pure will, enough to dominate or bend to an extent, the inherent will underlying what we see around us as existance.

thas what i think from experiences. mostly itsjust trickery. but once in a lifetime{or rather many lifetimes} u might come across someone real.

Caps Conscience
There is no such thing as sin. Actions have reprocussion but imho there is no body that is judging them.

Scythe

This is why the religious forum fails in so many levels. Do you even know what Wicca is?

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Scythe
This is why the religious forum fails in so many levels. Do you even know what Wicca is?

http://www.cbn.com/vod/?s=/vod/RD6v2& amp;title=Shalom:%20Worshipping%20the%20Right%20Go
d

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
There is no such thing as sin. Actions have reprocussion but imho there is no body that is judging them.

Only you, for yourself: If you do wrong or right, then that wrong or right will manifest itself in your life.

Ashestoashesjc
People interpret the bible to say that witchcraft is a sin. This is the bigotted opinion that leads people to believe that wiccans and pagans worship the devil or some other malevolent entity. HOGWASH I SAY!

Scythe
http://www.cbn.com/vod/?s=/vod/RD6v2& amp;title=Shalom:%20Worshipping%20the%20Right%20Go
d

I know what said religion is, she, however must be well confused.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Scythe
This is why the religious forum fails in so many levels. Do you even know what Wicca is? Being that she used the two words interchangeably, I'm going to go with a loud and resounding no.

Ashestoashesjc
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Being that she used the two words interchangeably, I'm going to go with a loud and resounding no.

She does have a point, you have to admit. She's stated, as well as numerous ongoers, that the fact that Christians think Wicca and Paganism are satanic arts isn't going to change the palpability that Wiccans are going to stay Wiccans. Just like because Christianity sees it unfit to practice Wicca doesn't make it any less of a religion... nay... Lifestyle. Butt heads all you'd like, it won't change reality, and unless you want to take hold of your torches and have yourselves a good old recreation of the Salem Witch Trials then I suggest you quiet down and let people live their lives, sin or not.

Ashestoashesjc

Scythe
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Being that she used the two words interchangeably, I'm going to go with a loud and resounding no.

Figures. When will these children learn to grow?

Storm
In a Christian-dominated America, fundamentalist Christians have been known to use the term satanism to define any practice other than Christianity. This would make about 75% of the world' s population satanic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.