Season 5 Here we come!!! The WB's snynopsis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
Look out kiddies here comes season 5 and it's looking like its going to be the best yet. smile

From the WB
Fourteen years ago, a meteor shower burst from the heavens, raining destruction on the unsuspecting citizens of Smallville, Kansas. The intervening years have left the towns inhabitants with scars and secrets.

From the ashes of tragedy, Clark Kent has grown into an awkward teen. While adolescence always brings its challenges, Clark's transition from boyhood to manhood has been particularly difficult. He has struggled to come to grips with his emerging superpowers - and the effects of various forms of kryptonite - while battling the strange things that have plagued this idyllic Midwest hamlet since the meteor shower.

In last season's finale, Clark, Lana (Kristin Kreuk) and Chloe (Allison Mack) graduated from high school but the day was less then celebratory after the military called for a forced evacuation of the town due to an impending meteor shower. Searching for answers, Clark once again turned to Jor-El and was told the only way to stop the impending disaster was to unite the three sacred crystals. After stealing the last one from Lex (Michael Rosenbaum), Clark brought all three together in the cave and immediately disappeared into a vortex that brought him to the arctic tundra.

As season five begins, Clark unlocks the Fortress of Solitude and is given a new challenge by Jor-El. Desperate to return to Smallville, Clark makes a promise to his biological father that will soon come back to haunt him.

The guardians of Clark's secret identity have always been his adoptive parents, Jonathan (John Schneider, The Dukes of Hazzard) and Martha Kent (Annette O'Toole). However, this year, Clark learns that Chloe also knows his secret. After finding him in the Fortress of Solitude, Chloe admits to knowing about his powers and the two join up to fight injustice. While one part of Clark is thrilled to have someone to talk to about his powers, another remembers what happened with Pete and fears the same fate for Chloe.

Meanwhile, Chloe joins the Daily Planet as an intern, which provides her with new resources to help Clark.

With Clark in college now, Jonathan and Martha are able to finally pursue their own lives. While Martha continues to run the Talon, Jonathan gets a visit from an old friend (Tom Wopat, The Dukes of Hazzard) who convinces him to run for mayor against Lex. An enthusiastic Lois Lane (Erica Durance) jumps on the bandwagon and immediately takes over as Jonathan's campaign manager. On board to save his town from the Luthors, Jonathan also knows this sudden spotlight could be dangerous to Clark, as his past will become public record.

Clark and Lana finally surrender to their long unrequited love and consummate their relationship after declaring their love for each other. Happy in love, but feeling the need for something more, Lana begins to explore her options outside of Smallville. Originally intending to skip college for a year, Lana rethinks her decision once she sees Chloe and Clark leave for school. After promising things won't change between them, Lana leaves Clark behind and heads off to live in Metropolis with Chloe, making it a struggle to beat the odds and stay together.

Over the years, Clark has forged a remarkable relationship with Lex Luthor though neither has an inkling of how their destinies will ultimately collide. Lex has constantly fought his destiny and turn to the dark side. This year he loses that battle. The Lex Luthor of comic lore has arrived and this season Clark and Lex become mortal enemies.

The arrival of DC Comic villain Milton Fine, aka Brainiac (James Marsters, Angel), exacerbates the situation between Clark and Lex. Fine recruits Clark to be his research assistant and provides him with top-secret information about Lex's immoral Luthorcorp experiments. His arrival on Earth was no accident. Fine was born out of the spaceship that landed after the meteor shower. Who sent him and why proves to be a life-altering revelation for Clark as he finally learns why he was sent to Earth and what happened to his biological parents and home planet.

Clark comes face to face with another DC Comic hero this season. Aquaman swims into Smallville, and into Lois' heart, after saving her from drowning.

After witnessing one of Lex's experiments cause irreparable harm to the marine life, AC, a young man with special powers, uses Lois' military connections to save the ocean and all its inhabitants by destroying Lex's secret underwater lab. Wanting Clark to join him in stopping Luthorcorp, AC shows Clark proof of Lex's wrongdoings, which sends Clark reeling.

Reinterpreting the Superman mythology from its roots, Smallville was developed for television by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar (Shanghai Noon, Spiderman 2), based on the DC Comics characters. Gough and Millar serve as executive producers, along with Greg Beeman, Ken Horton, Mike Tollin, Brian Robbins and Joe Davola. The series is produced by Tollin/Robbins Productions, Millar/Gough Ink and Warner Bros. Television Production Inc. SUPERMAN was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Schuster.

from Inside TV mag,
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/spadesmamma61/firstpeek.jpg

Ast
eek!

Why do I get the feeling we are nearing the end? no

Jedi Priestess
Because we are. I think this is gonna be the last season. crybaby

joeyvermont
that will suck

Morridini
Will it end at the time for the new Superman movie?

Ast
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Because we are. I think this is gonna be the last season. crybaby

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

nate100
Hi everyone.

I know that the new season starts in September in America but does anyone know when it will start in the United Kingdom?

My guess is around march but just thought i'd check in case anyone knew.

hermione7
dont think season 5 is going 2 be last, actually guys it depends on the ratings, but i've read somewhere that there will be a season 6,
and season 7 will depend on the actors (bec. they might move on) and the ratings

fini
* faints*

Ast
Originally posted by hermione7
dont think season 5 is going 2 be last, actually guys it depends on the ratings, but i've read somewhere that there will be a season 6,
and season 7 will depend on the actors (bec. they might move on) and the ratings

Damn, if the series future depends on ratings, the the move to Thursday is gonna bite us in the ass. no

Jedi Priestess
Yippeeeeeeee the WB has released a sneak peek trailer for season 5! OMG I cant wait!

http://s36.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3U5HSI2PZR8CW0W79B4O446TR9

nate100
excellent! truly excellent. gotta love the theme at the end. pure little hairs on the back of your neck classic stuff.

Jedi Priestess
Thanks to Baily for finding this stuff. smile

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/General_Yoda3/fishertvg-better.jpg

3 Promotional Posters from the WB, from the K-Site

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/General_Yoda3/svs5poster1.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/General_Yoda3/svs5poster2.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/General_Yoda3/svs5poster3.jpg

BAILY
Yay!! Thanks to me!!!

Ast
Lex looks very creepy in those posters... confused

That good sex, bad Lex poster is stupid. no

Jedi Priestess
Not when you take into account the episode description its talking about, it makes perfect sense. yes

darktim1
They said on superman home page that it will not end this year but do have alot of stories planned for next season and even after that. Plus Tom Welling is going to direct some episodes this season.

hermione7
August 30, 2005: Smallville Season 5 is NOT the End

The Canadian cable/satellite channel "Space" has been advertising the up-coming 5th season of "Smallville" as the final season. This has caused quite a stir amongst fans all over the internet.
The Superman Homepage contacted "Smallville" co-creator Al Gough to ask him what the truth of the matter is. Here's what Al had to say...

Season 5 is not the end, in fact in many ways it is just the beginning of Clark's journey to becoming Superman. Miles , myself, the writers and producers feel that this is going to be our best season yet. This is the season that you all have been waiting for and there will be others to follow. All of the actors have contracts through season 7. But the best way to ensure that there will be more seasons is to WATCH THE SHOW, especially in the U.S., on our new night THURSDAYS @ 8PM starting SEPTEMBER 29th.

MysteryRidah
OMG, yall have a smallville forum, cant believe it. Anyway, season 5 aint the last one, people from the main site already said, it all depends on how the seasons do. So if season 5 does well, then its on to season 6 and so on.

Me and my wife can not wait , we got alot of things planned for that day. smile

Jedi Priestess
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/spadesmamma61/normal_small2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/spadesmamma61/normal_small5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/spadesmamma61/small2.jpg

Ast
Sweet pics JP.

This wait it killing me, a bunch of shows premiere in the next week or two, why do we have to wait a month? sad

Atleast season 4 comes out on DVD next week, gives people plenty of time to catch up.

Jedi Priestess
New pic from Episode 1 of season 5 Arrival

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/spadesmamma61/arrival3.jpg

Jedi Priestess
... oops double post embarrasment

Jedi Priestess
AND there is another trailer floating around out there. Trying to get a line on it. In the meantime, here are a couple of caps from it.
Thx to K-site and Mr. Video

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/spadesmamma61/S30X-929-SMA1-10-23.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/spadesmamma61/S30X-929-SMA1-10-26.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/spadesmamma61/S30X-929-SMA1-10-27.jpg

Ast
I cant wait to hear what Clark and Jor-El say in the premiere.

ilvorlandobloom
ooh nice pics! big grinbig grin

VenomVA
hope it's ALOT better than season 4!!!
Season 4 was kinda ummmmmm WEAK!!! X(

Jedi Priestess

eleveninches
OMG!!!
Aquaman AND Braniac

smilesmilesmile

(but brainiac was always shown as a rebel kryptonian, he wasnt born from the meteor shower)

Jedi Priestess
just a short newsflash here, from now on I'll be posting all things SMVL related at TRA. SO for further spoilers etc daily check out the link in my profile. smile

pr1983
I have to disagree... s4 wasnt that great... he flew, yippee... the lana witch arc was one of the most stupid pieces of writing they've done since the show started...

it had its moments, but im really hoping s5 is alot better...

Jedi Priestess
Ah but see you are a Supes fan whereas I am not. Hated the movies & comics myself. I just like Smallville so it's all good for me. yes

Staphon
Originally posted by eleveninches
OMG!!!
Aquaman AND Braniac

smilesmilesmile

(but brainiac was always shown as a rebel kryptonian, he wasnt born from the meteor shower)

Braniac is not kryptonian, Braniac is the central information of Krypton. It is said that it was partly Braniac's reason that there arent more Kryptonians that evacuated, but that is in the cartoon and I'm not sure it it is totally true. Braniac is a form of AI who got away selfishly from Krypton before it exploded.

YES! SEASON 5! CANT WAIT, IM GETTING ITCHY!

BRANIAC IS IN THE SHIp AND NOT ZOD AND WHATS HER FACE, YES!!!!, I KNEW THEY WOULDNT BE IN THERE, Backflip to defeat them, pssssshhhhh!

OH, and Jedi Priestess, I love your resources You are soo awsome, Will you Marry me!?

eleveninches
So what cameos are on smalliville now?

Flash - YES
Krypto - YES
Mxypyxlyx - YES
Aquaman - YES
Braniac - YES
Zod - Mentionned in 5.01. probably appears later in season 5 (maybe the season cliffhanger)
Jimmy Olsen - Chloe mentionned that she lost her virginity to him.
-------------

Cameos id like to see:
Bruce Wayne - He just HAS to have a cameo soon, maybe as a rival to lex.
Wally West - Maybe he can appear as the nephew (as a child) of the other flash shown in season 4.
Ray Palmer - Would make a good cameo in an episode where he is researching minuturisation.
Darkseid - Maybe have a cameo. Would only appear if there is a season 6.
Hal Jordan - Maybe a young Hal Jordan could be shown where his father dies in the plane crash.
Kara-Zor-El - She was a child when her plannet was destroyed, so she could be shown in smallville.

snoopdogg
I missed a few episodes from season 4.

But does Clark fly?

If he cant when do they plan on giving him his flight ability?

Staphon
CLARK doesn't Fly, But Kal El did (Which is him, but his alternate, the brain washed version of him.) So my theory is that he knows how to fly and has the capability to do it, but he is afraid (he is afraid of heights))

That was in Epesode one, he hasn't even talked about flying since, But there was one scene where it almost looked like he was flying, he jumped really far off a bridge and onto a moving truch which had Lois and LUcy inside.

Morridini
Anyone seen this trailer? http://rapidshare.de/files/4972596/SM500-Launch03dse33-trl_300k.mov.html

Staphon
Originally posted by Morridini
Anyone seen this trailer? http://rapidshare.de/files/4972596/SM500-Launch03dse33-trl_300k.mov.html

That was THE MOST "RETARDED" Trailer EVER! He showed no trace of powers anywhere in that trailer, bleeding all over the place and what not, good greif!

pr1983
Ah but see you are a Supes fan whereas I am not. Hated the movies & comics myself. I just like Smallville so it's all good for me. yes

Regardless... season 4 by any television standards was poor compared to its preceding seasons imo...

black_goku#1
Originally posted by nate100
Hi everyone.

I know that the new season starts in September in America but does anyone know when it will start in the United Kingdom?

My guess is around march but just thought i'd check in case anyone knew.

hey you have my name im Nate hall remeber that name ill be famous one day and omg its coming im bouts to wet my pant s i have a few complaints if youre intrested ill tell you but the show is still great

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by pr1983
Regardless... season 4 by any television standards was poor compared to its preceding seasons imo...

and you are entitled to it, I just hapen to disagree. smile

eleveninches
Originally posted by pr1983
Regardless... season 4 by any television standards was poor compared to its preceding seasons imo... I actually think that seasons 3 and 4 were FAR FAR FAR better than the first 2 seasons. THe first 2 seasons were CRAP!!! It was as though they only made one single episode and kept editing it to make another episode

pr1983
and you are entitled to it, I just hapen to disagree. smile

i know... stick out tongue

I actually think that seasons 3 and 4 were FAR FAR FAR better than the first 2 seasons. THe first 2 seasons were CRAP!!! It was as though they only made one single episode and kept editing it to make another episode

I really liked 3, and 4 had his moments... but come on... a witch from the past? seriously?

Ast
I actually think that seasons 3 and 4 were FAR FAR FAR better than the first 2 seasons. THe first 2 seasons were CRAP!!! It was as though they only made one single episode and kept editing it to make another episode

I parially agree, I cant even go back to Season 1 anymore, but I still love #2. big grin

And 4 is very hit and miss, and handful of amazing episodes and a bunch of blah.

Three will be very hard to top.

Jedi Priestess
Yea the whole FOTW thing was getting tedious for me. Thats why I prefer the last 2 seasons. Finally seem to be getting some kind of story arc going.

allofyousuckkk
what happene 2 pete?

Jedi Priestess
Take the case of Sam Jones III, who played Clark Kent's best friend, Pete Ross, on the first three seasons of Smallville. Gough explains that in Season Two the character didn't seem to have a function on the series, so the writers added a plot twist and had him learn about Clark's secret superpowers. "That served us for, I think, a season," he says. "When we got into Season Three, we just found that as we started to break stories, we'd sit in the writers room and go, 'Okay, where's Pete?' Clearly it was a character who we couldn't service on the page. So what he ultimately became was a cautionary tale for Clark, which is, if you tell somebody your secret and you give them that responsibility and they can't handle it, you're going to lose that friend, in a way. So we had Pete move away."

Cast chemistry also played a role. "You look at the chemistry of the cast, was never somebody we could use in a love triangle, either," says Gough. "That was just sort of the nature of the actor we cast and the chemistry between the actors. It was hard to get him into any sort of romantic story, and then, after a while, we didn't have the plot elements to service him, either."

On Smallville, there have been a couple of regulars whom producers envisioned as part of the series for just a season or two. One of those actors, Jensen Ackles, played mysterious Jason Teague last season. "When we first sat down with Jensen, he said, 'Gosh, I don't know if I want to go on a series and be committed for however years you're going to be on the air,'" remembers Gough. "We said, 'Jensen, to be perfectly honest, this is probably a one-season arc, maybe two. I'd like to leave it open-ended. We see this season, but I don't quite see where you .' But we never know. You start breaking the story, and the character pops, and you find things to do. It ultimately ended up being a one-season arc because he played into the over-reaching plot of the season. By the end of the season, had played out, so he got hit by a meteorite."

Staphon
OMG, Lets go, right now, we will go to vegas and get married. I love your sources Jedi Priestess, Be my KMC wife.

Jedi Priestess
From Sci-Fi mag

Ast
Nice review, I cant wait. Good to see we wont have to wait to see Lex's transformation.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.