The Ultimate Guide To The Werewolf Game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Storm
Introduction

"The Werewolf Game" has been around on message boards for quite a while and has, for the most part, met with great interest and success everywhere it' s played.

Concept

In this game, any number of players playing the role of Humans are trying to lynch the Werewolves among them. Each night, the werewolves kill one human, and the next day, the humans are informed by the host as to who died and they decide amongst themselves who is the most suspicious and/or poses the greatest threat, and at the end of the day, the person most voted for gets lynched (killed) under the assumption that they' re a werewolf.

The problem is, unless the werewolves act suspiciously, the humans probably won' t win, because at first, nobody knows who the wolves are (except the wolves themselves, of course). The humans stand a bit more of a chance that one might think, though, because certain humans have special talents or abilities (called "Auxiliary Roles"wink which could potentially help tip the odds in the Humans' favor.

Conditions For Victory
Human Victory

If all the wolves are successfully found out and lynched by the humans, the host immediately announces such and the Humans are victorious.

Werewolf Victory

If the wolves manage to kill off humans to the point where the Wolves' numbers equal or surpass that of the number of humans still remaining alive, a mass killing occurs and the Werewolves are victorious.

Basic roles
Ordinary Werewolf (also known commonly as just "Wolf"wink
The basic Werewolf role. It' s your nature to kill humans. Possibly the most coveted of all the roles. Each night, the Werewolves are held responsible to PM the host and inform them who they wish to kill (each sends a PM to the host and if someone has more than one vote on them, they are killed, but if each Werewolf sends in the name of a different member, the host more or less randomly selects which of the named victims will die). During the day, the wolves are in human form, and try to pass themselves off as human to the real humans. In order to avoid suspicion, they should actively participate in the discussion of who' s the biggest threat, and should also actively participate in the lynching vote as well. At the beginning of the game, the Werewolves are PM' ed by the host and informed who all of the other Werewolves are, and are told who' s Human.

Ordinary Human
The basic Human role. Nothing special about you. All you do at night is sleep and pray the Werewolves don' t come after you tonight. During the day, you' ll be trying to convince the populous that you' re human by trying to help them figure out who the Werewolves are and getting them lynched.

Game Cycles
Day Cycle

The host announces to the participating members who was killed the previous night.

Secondly, after that, all participating board members publicly (as in, by posting in the thread) discuss their thoughts on the killing(s), and discuss their suspicions. (Wolves, in order not to seem suspicious, make something up for yourself too!) All participants (Wolves, too, if they don' t want to become suspicious) should publicly cast a lynch vote. You may or may not support your argument, as you see fit: just be aware that the suckier your argument, the more suspicious you' ll seem to the others.

After having tabulated the votes, the host announces the participant with the most votes against them, and the day' s lynching occurs.

Night Cycle
All Werewolves still remaining alive must PM the host regarding their desired kill for the night.

Sign-Up

Everyone who wishes to participate, sign up by posting in this thread.

Role Assignment

Once sign-up is complete, the host private messages all the participating members with their "Roles" and at this time also secretly informs the chosen humans of their "Auxiliary Roles". You may under no circumstances show any other participating members the PM that positively identifies you. This will immediately get you killed. (You may, however, say whatever you want on the board as to trying to pass yourself off as holding roles you actually don' t, as trickery is part of the game, and required for those playing Werewolves.)

Fire
I'll join in

Wickerman
We have the same thing where i live, only it's called "Mafia" and it involves one or two killers, lots of civillians that get a Lynch vote per day, AND a cop that no one knows who he is....that gets to try to guess who the murderer is each night, and if they DO guess, the host tells them yes, but they have to PROVE it to the civillians the next day, without saying "I'm the cop, i asked, he's the villain". It's cool thumb up

So sure, count me in thumb up

~wickerman~

Otaku

hotsauce6548
I remember reading about this a long time ago, but I never actually played it...

Storm

Otaku
Originally posted by Storm
Cycles of 1 day (24 hours) should give every participant sufficient time to do what is needed.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Yeah but its nighttime here when its afternoon or even morning in America.

Bardock42
I'd join this fine game....

Storm
Originally posted by Otaku
Yeah but its nighttime here when its afternoon or even morning in America. That' s where the other 12 hours are for.

Bardock42
@Storm: You'd be the host?

Storm
That is the intention though I wouldn' t mind a co-host.

Bardock42
I'd actually liek to do that...if it's possible.

Storm
The first requirement is to gather enough participants so we can take off. No game otherwise.

Otaku

Bardock42
They'll come....it's the OTF....everyone here is bored....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.