JLA/Avengers becomes canon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Juntai
http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15460

DC has continued the storyline after JLA/Avengers, the "Space Egg" has recently made appearances, and is apperently affecting a a lot of things... It may also start or has started playing a part in the Marvel U.

Discuss.

leonidas
so does that mean marvel fans will now be labelling the the thor fight PIS rather than non-canonical . . .?

big grin

Juntai
Originally posted by leonidas
so does that mean marvel fans will now be labelling the the thor fight PIS rather than non-canonical . . .?

big grin Yes.

Scoobless
"non-canonical"...... i don't think that's a real word

stick out tongue

8bitChris
It's not canon. It's not Marvel canon. I've had to make this post about a million times already.

It's not that I'm scared to acknowledge that DCU chars are more powerful than Marvel ones or anything.

I just hate to see JLA/Avengers ruining the versus board because now everyone will be using it as evidence.

8bitChris
That statement is not even close to being remotely close to truth.

Sentry
One man makes a statement, and everyone considers it canon for both companies? Did Marvel make an official announcement or tie in story from the JLA/Avengers series? No. If it was canon, the Marvel Universe would happen to fall apart since Galactus was killed in a PIS plot. His word will render all appearances Galactus after that null and void? All according to one man who knows nothing about Marvel Comics?

DC Fanboy spam_laser Sentry

Whirlysplatt
This single shortcut has brought me so much joy tonight!

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15460

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock

Sentry
It has becone canon for DC. But not Marvel.

Creshosk
So does this mean that all agreed upon crossovers, including fanbased voting are canon?

After all the premise was the companies agreed to let the fans vote and what ever the outcome was would make it into the comic book.

They obviously both agreed to this as that's what happened.

So does that mean that Wolverine

can beat lobo? What the f**k?

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Sentry
It has becone canon for DC. But not Marvel.

Its Canon for the avengers smile cause Thor lost smile

Creshosk
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
Its Canon for the avengers smile cause Thor lost smile Oh, that's great reasoning.

It's canon BECAUSE someone lost. . . laughing You really are too much you know that Whirly? smile

long pig
Storm> Wonder Woman.

Wolverine>Lobo Lobo kicked Superman's ass, Wolverine can too?

Sentry
Originally posted by long pig
Storm> Wonder Woman.

Wolverine>Lobo Lobo kicked Superman's ass, Wolverine can too?

According to JLA/Avengers and Whirly's canon theories, Wolverine could take Superman.

If it's canon.

Creshosk
Well they did agree that the outcome of the voting is what would happen, for better or worse they gambled on this deal.

And so they did agree that Storm beat wonderwoman and Wolverine beat Lobo.

Lobo beat Superman. Superman beat Hulk and knocked Juggernaut on his ass. . .

Which means that

Wolverine> Lobo > Superman > Hulk==||!= Juggernaut. . .

I hate that chain of thought though. . .

Whirlysplatt
No Marvel DC is not Canon, only JLA avengers, I wished it was the Hulk lost to Supes as well. Surfer had trouble with Kyle meaning Hal beats him smile but sadly its not. Oh and those two stupid brother company metaphors created the universe, so Phoenix, TOAA etc did notsmile Sadly though only JLA/ Avengers has entered continuitysad Oh yer Darkseid beat up Thanos smile

snoopdogg
If the JLA/Avengers crossover is cannon than we can assume that Lobo wreaked havoc among the Shi' ar empire.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by snoopdogg
If the JLA/Avengers crossover is cannon than we can assume that Lobo wreaked havoc among the Shi' ar empire.

and shredded the imperial guard smile

Creshosk

Whirlysplatt

Juntai
Just because its going to take good storytelling to not introduce the Avengers into JLA, doesn't change the fact that both events and items that happened in JLA/Avengers have crossed into DC continuity.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Juntai
Just because its going to take good storytelling to not introduce the Avengers into JLA, doesn't change the fact that both events and items that happened in JLA/Avengers have crossed into DC continuity. ACtaully without the Avengers being part of the history it'd have to be a different, but similar Egg, etc.

If its canon for one and involves the characters of the other it must be Christianity or Islam. Think of Marvel having not quite seen the light yet. smile Well, then it's not canon for marvel without a doubt.

Whirlysplatt
Just because its going to take good storytelling to not introduce the Avengers into JLA, doesn't change the fact that both events and items that happened in JLA/Avengers have crossed into DC continuity.

Good point ists Canon for all!

Juntai
Originally posted by Creshosk
ACtaully without the Avengers being part of the history it'd have to be a different, but similar Egg, etc.

Well, then it's not canon for marvel without a doubt. Who's to say they're not a part of the history? All he said is he won't be showing Flashbacks that have Avengers in them. Doesn't mean they weren't there. He might not show flashbacks at all, he might not even discuss what happened in JLA/Avengers, but there is in fact multiple congruences between current JLA and JLA/Avengers. Nothing you say can change that.

Whirlysplatt
Who's to say they're not a part of the history? All he said is he won't be showing Flashbacks that have Avengers in them. Doesn't mean they weren't there. He might not show flashbacks at all, he might not even discuss what happened in JLA/Avengers, but there is in fact multiple congruences between current JLA and JLA/Avengers. Nothing you say can change that.

and that really is the point! smile

Creshosk
Who's to say they're not a part of the history? All he said is he won't be showing Flashbacks that have Avengers in them. Doesn't mean they weren't there. He might not show flashbacks at all, he might not even discuss what happened in JLA/Avengers, but there is in fact multiple congruences between current JLA and JLA/Avengers. Nothing you say can change that. No avengers, not canon.

Different story, though similar. Like an alternate world in marvel, similar elements. But different story.

yahman
No avengers, not canon.

Different story, though similar. Like an alternate world in marvel, similar elements. But different story.

Scraping The barrel !!!!!!!!!!1

Creshosk
Originally posted by yahman
Scraping The barrel !!!!!!!!!!1 No, not really.

If the avengers are ommitted then it is a similar story, but not canon. It's a different egg though similar, is still not canon.

It's not canon in Marvel, and it's a different story in DC.

Sentry
Like I said, Marvel has never accepted JLA Avengers as canon. What one company does is canon for the other? What DC decides is canon is also canon for Marvel? Scraping the Barrel? Tell that to the DC fanboys. I see someone else has been converted and joined into their joygasm.

Until Marvel acknowledges it, it will only be canon for DC, not Marvel.

Whirlysplatt
Scraping The barrel !!!!!!!!!!1

Indeed they are smile

snoopdogg
Being the crossover is considered canon I just felt the need to post this pic again.

yahman
No, not really.

If the avengers aren't being ommitted then it is a similar story, but not canon. It's a different egg though similar, is still not canon.

It's not canon in Marvel, and it's a different story in DC.

They aren't being omitted from the story. The flash backs involving the Avengers will not be shown due to financial complications. It wasn't said that they have been removed rom the story entirely. Your position is biased due to preference of Marvel. (N.B. I prefer marvel to D.C. so you cannot use that Argument)

And if marvel could come up with a mini that would be as financially beneficial as this will be to D.C., I'm sure they would use the story as well.

Sentry
If it is canon, Hawkeye kills them all with a single arrow. It was he again who landed the death blow on Krona. Not SUPERMAN.... Superman kept getting knocked on his arse even when he had the Mjolnir and Cap's shield.

Sentry
They aren't being omitted from the story. The flash backs involving the Avengers will not be shown due to financial complications. It wasn't said that they have been removed rom the story entirely. Your position is biased due to preference of Marvel. (N.B. I prefer marvel to D.C. so you cannot use that Argument)

And if marvel could come up with a mini that would be as financially beneficial as this will be to D.C., I'm sure they would use the story as well.

Financially yes, but Marvel knows this will upset many fans due to the crap PIS plots Busiek wrote about. Galactus getting killed. Thor being dropped in one punch. Photon draining GL's Energy. She-Hulk beating the crap out of a Aquaman who has city lifting strength and Xavier like telepathy(According to some), Mortal Herc restraining Diana before Thor got KO'd....

Whirlysplatt
Financially yes, but Marvel knows this will upset many fans due to the crap PIS plots Busiek wrote about. Galactus getting killed. Thor being dropped in one punch. Photon draining GL's Energy. She-Hulk beating the crap out of a Aquaman who has city lifting strength and Xavier like telepathy(According to some), Mortal Herc restraining Diana before Thor got KO'd....

Supes beat up Thor, Wonderwoman beat up Herc, Lobo beat up the Shiar, Krona beat up Galactus after destroying countless universes, Metron is as powerful as an Elder. GL absobed a cosmic cube and toasted Photon and Hakeye got saved by the Flash. smile

Its canon smile

Whirlysplatt
Being the crossover is considered canon I just felt the need to post this pic again.

Post it again, post it again eek!

yahman

Umm i really think that the D.C. characters where generally De Powered for the whole affair. Thor (B4 King Thor) was being Illustatred at a weak level by Jurgens. And Herc was in his Mortal form. Superman should have murdered this version of Thor, (Even Byrne's Superman would have murdered this version of Thor).

The Galactus Krona thing was just a plothole, that wasn't covered up verry well.

snoopdogg
Post it again, post it again eek! ..........

Whirlysplatt
Says it all I thinksmile

Sentry
Who stopped Krona again? Not Superman.

snoopdogg
Who stopped Krona again? Not Superman. Hmmmmmmmmm Galactus didnt.

Creshosk
What's funny is it's still not canon for Marvel. It didn't happen in the 616 mainstream continuity so its still no better than a "what if" for marvel.

For all we know the characters were all seriously powered down, and hawkeye was powered up.

"What if hawkeye saved the universe?" Sort of thing.

You guys are the ones that are scrapping the barrell

yahman
Umm i really think that the D.C. characters where generally De Powered for the whole affair. Thor (B4 King Thor) was being Illustatred at a weak level by Jurgens. And Herc was in his Mortal form. Superman should have murdered this version of Thor, (Even Byrne's Superman would have murdered this version of Thor).

The Galactus Krona thing was just a plothole, that wasn't covered up verry well.

Guys ?

Whirlysplatt
Hmmmmmmmmm Galactus didnt.

Thats for sure, poor old Sentry "battles" alone, tsk, gotta laugh laughing

Creshosk
I haven't seen any effects of this story in 616 Marvel. . . big grin

HigH ScholaR
Who stopped Krona again? Not Superman.

wasn't it hawkeye

didn't vision, cap and thor help superman by giving him some items energy. what was the piont of him being there. it's a shame hulk wasn't there(one panel) then will see a proper battle but as dc wants to count the crossover as canon or whatever they ddin't want thier main man to lose to hulk and have everyone debate about it instead of thor losing to superman.

Whirlysplatt

Grasping at Straws smile

yahman

HigH ScholaR
so bascially

lobo > shiar guard accept for glads
photon from now on can duplicate oas energy
cap>bats batman admitting deafeat
krona<hawkeye
thor lasting in it with 3 opponents that just one can take out supes
thor toughest opponent supes has ever had
grimm reaper > supes?? until he got energy from visoin
wonderman > green lantern
hawkeye>green arrow
hawkeye or iron man> cap atom
mm=vison

well some may be wrong but you get the idea

Creshosk
And if marvel could come up with a mini that would be as financially beneficial as this will be to D.C., I'm sure they would use the story as well. But since they haven't, it isn't canon.

Oh well, so much for this desperate attempt to gain a foot hold.

Grasping at Straws smile You'd like to belvie that. I know its hard to accept the fatal flaw in your dastardly plot. But I'm affraid its true.

Without there being any effect in Marvel's 616, it's not canon.

It's still a different numbred world than marvel's canon. So it still holds as much wieght as a what if.

Whirlysplatt
But since they haven't, it isn't canon.

You'd like to belvie that. I know its hard to accept the fatal flaw in your dastardly plot. But I'm affraid its true.

It's still a different numbred world than marvel's canon. So it still holds as much wieght as a what if.

its still canonsmile

and it affected the Avengers, at the time Thor got a serious beating smile

snoopdogg
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
so bascially

Where did you come up with that?

Batman didnt say that Cap would beat him. He said its conceivable that you could. Basically he said it could go either way. Dont get it twisted.

Wonderman was gonna break through GLs shield. I wouldnt call that a win.

Superman sent Wonderman through a wall anyways.

Juntai
batman losing to cap was actually "a possibility" in a frontal fight, which is not how Batman would do it anyways, had they not just been entered into conflict like that.

Krona>Galactus. forgot that part.

Thor was hardly the toughest, Superman KOed him much faster than any of his mainstream enemies... that's just trying to give props to Thor.

You also forgot the part where the JLA won the game. wink

HigH ScholaR
yes i j=know did'nt say supes would lose to wonderman

Creshosk
its still canonsmile

and it affected the Avengers, at the time Thor got a serious beating smile Not in 616. big grin

Now your'e grasping at straws. There have been no effects of the crossover in Marvel's 616. Unless you can find proof in Marvel's 616 otherwise. It's not canon for Marvel. DC has still never interacted with Marvel 616, just other universes, that aren't canon.

Juntai
But since they haven't, it isn't canon.

You'd like to belvie that. I know its hard to accept the fatal flaw in your dastardly plot. But I'm affraid its true.

It's still a different numbred world than marvel's canon. So it still holds as much wieght as a what if. Yah, but as long as it's canon for DC, Superman still beat up Marvel's Thor, and all of the other things.

HigH ScholaR
i am not giving props to thor, supes said it himself and if it is canon like whirlysplatt is saying then he is

Creshosk
batman losing to cap was actually "a possibility" in a frontal fight, which is not how Batman would do it anyways, had they not just been entered into conflict like that.

Krona>Galactus. forgot that part.

Thor was hardly the toughest, Superman KOed him much faster than any of his mainstream enemies... that's just trying to give props to Thor.

You also forgot the part where the JLA won the game. wink

Hawkeye>Krona>Galactus?

See a problem here? confused

HigH ScholaR
Yah, but as long as it's canon for DC, Superman still beat up Marvel's Thor, and all of the other things.

exacly if it is canon dc is admitting what ever happened happend Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
so bascially

krona<hawkeye
hawkeye>green arrow
mm=vison

well some may be wrong but you get the idea

Creshosk
i am not giving props to thor, supes said it himself and if it is canon like whirlysplatt is saying then he is Which means that Thor can beat all the other people that Superman can beat. . .

Funny how Thor is the hardest fight he's had, and Krona beat him. . .

That means that Thor is tougher than Krona?

Whirlysplatt
Hawkeye>Krona>Galactus?

See a problem here? confused

Not how it happened laughing out loud

Its all canon smile

Creshosk

Its all canon smile Not for 616 Marvel. wink

Juntai

Its all canon smile
You mean similar to how Green arrow beat Paralax?

Juntai
No. I'm saying Superman was giving props to Thor.
SAYING something doesn't make it true. lol.
Superman is always boosting people's egos.
Fact is, he SMASHED him quicker than most of his own enemies.

HigH ScholaR
What the f**k?

could have sworn thor was out, didn't know he could hear what supes said.

Creshosk
What the f**k?

could have sworn thor was out, didn't know he could hear what supes said. Unless he was faking. . . that's a riot.

HigH ScholaR
whatever happened happened.

it's canon for dc not for marvel

by doing thisdc is admitting wahtever happend in the crosover is canon.

this pic is promtional

Whirlysplatt

it's canon for dc not for marvel

by doing thisdc is admitting wahtever happend in the crosover is canon.

this pic is promtional

More straw clutching just JLA/Avengers is continuity smile

HigH ScholaR

it's canon for dc, NOT FOR MARVEL

by doing this dc is admitting whattever happend in the crosover is canon FOR DC

Whirlysplatt

it's canon for dc, NOT FOR MARVEL

by doing this dc is admitting whattever happend in the crosover is canon FOR DC

So as far as DC is concerned Supes beat Thor. Hey Thor is a Marvel character rightsmile

So Supes beat Thor smile

Your grasping at straws smile

HigH ScholaR
So as far as DC is concerned Supes beat Thor. Hey Thor is a Marvel character right.

Yep AS FAR AS DC IS CONCERNED............AND

krona<hawkeye
hawkeye>green arrow
mm=vison

HigH ScholaR
OF CAUSE ALL THAT ABOVE IS ONLY TRUE AS FAR AS DC IS CONCERNED

Whirlysplatt
So as far as DC is concerned Supes beat Thor. Hey Thor is a Marvel character right.

Yep AS FAR AS DC IS CONCERNED............AND

krona<hawkeye
hawkeye>green arrow
mm=vison

stress smile - just cause DC looked really weak smile

Creshosk
More straw clutching just JLA/Avengers is continuity smile Not for marvel.

You do seem so desperate to cling to this, but I'm sorry, unless you can prove that it's canon for Marvel, it's not canon for both componies. Just one.

Whirlysplatt
Not for marvel.

You do seem so desperate to cling to this, but I'm sorry, unless you can prove that it's canon for Marvel, it's not canon for both componies. Just one.

Its cannon, however much you protestsmile My pony saidsmile

Juntai
Not for marvel.

You do seem so desperate to cling to this, but I'm sorry, unless you can prove that it's canon for Marvel, it's not canon for both componies. Just one. Like I said, even if Marvel doesn't consider it continuity, Galactus still got beat. Marvel's Galactus that is, and And Thor too, Marvel's Thor that is. I could go on, but do you see what I'm saying?

I'm also quite sure that for many reasons, DC wouldn't be allowed to have it be canon if Marvel didn't allow it as well, and consider it the same. Otherwise I'm sure they'd find a way to sue the hell out of DC. And probably make them change their continuity back.

Creshosk
Its cannon, however much you protestsmile My pony saidsmile Still waiting for that scan showing its canon for marvel.

However much you claim it to besmile it's not.smile

Whirlysplatt
Still waiting for that scan showing its canon for marvel.

However much you claim it to besmile it's not.smile

Its canon more straw grasping, only a few dieard Marvel fanboys are arguing it everyone else can see the truth smile

HigH ScholaR
but isn't dc changing the stry a bit so it won't fit in to the crossover.

yes i can see marvel sueing dc..........hang on let me just tell gladiator, sqaudren sinister, supreme power, buried alien....... stick out tongue

o year and
krona<hawkeye
hawkeye>green arrow
mm=vison

Whirlysplatt
You can tell when people are grasping laughing out loud Their posts get longer smile

Juntai
About the JLA Issues. .. . .a preview.

"Writer Kurt Busiek joins the JLA art team of Ron Garney and Dan Green for "Crime Syndicate of Amerika," an 8-part story that explodes from the pages of Busiek's JLA/Avengers. Research has continued on the mysterious "space egg" left behind at the end of JLA/Avengers, leading the JLA to take steps to ensure that Krona stays put in his "prison." But this distraction could prove fatal, since the real threat at the moment may come from another Earth."

HigH ScholaR
this is what i'm saying

it's canon everything that happend not only supes beating thor but all that other stuff that went on it's canon but only for dc by the looks of things thus far.

but if it turns out to be canon for marvel then it is and not just bats admiting defeat or wonderman>greenlantern but all the other stuff that went on. but right now it's not canon and dc has not refered to the jla/avengers crossover in their comics specifically.

Juntai
They do however have Krona trapped in an egg, that happened in JLA Avengers, and chacters that died in JLA Avengers being ressurected. I think it's reference enough.

Juntai
this is what i'm saying

it's canon everything that happend not only supes beating thor but all that other stuff that went on it's canon but only for dc by the looks of things thus far.

but if it turns out to be canon for marvel then it is and not just bats admiting defeat or wonderman>greenlantern but all the other stuff that went on. but right now it's not canon and dc has not refered to the jla/avengers crossover in their comics specifically. Batman admitted a possibility of getting beaten eventually in a frontal conflict, nothing more.

HigH ScholaR
I NEVER SAID IT WAS NOT CANON FOR DC IT IS BUT I HEARD THEY WILL BE CHANGING THE STORY A BIT

Juntai
but isn't dc changing the stry a bit so it won't fit in to the crossover.

yes i can see marvel sueing dc..........hang on let me just tell gladiator, sqaudren sinister, supreme power, buried alien....... stick out tongue

Yeah, except this is ACTUALLY THE BOTH COMPANIES CHARACTERS AND STORYLINE involved. Not a cheap knockoff. Knockoffs aren't illegal, but DC in continuity acting as if the JLA/Avengers DID happen and not as a byproduct offshoot like past ones, then I believe they have grounds to sue. The story halfway belongs to Marvel too.

Creshosk
You can tell when people are grasping laughing out loud Their posts get longer smile Or they just go "It's canon deal with it."

When it's cclearly not. You DCboys just can't let go can you? no

Sentry
Kyle was sh!tting his pants when Wonder Man was breaking all his constructs. Kyle would have gotten his ask kicked if it weren't for a cheap shot from big blue.

It's only canon in DC. Busiek claims that it was canon, does that mean it automatically means it's canon for Marvel? No. This delusional attempt by Whirly and the gang had it's moments, but to bad it falls short , just like Superman when he couldn't do sh!t to Krona except get knocked on his ass. Hawkeye is greater than Superman.

Creshosk
Yeah, except this is ACTUALLY THE BOTH COMPANIES CHARACTERS AND STORYLINE involved. Not a cheap knockoff. Knockoffs aren't illegal, but DC in continuity acting as if the JLA/Avengers DID happen and not as a byproduct offshoot like past ones, then I believe they have grounds to sue. The story halfway belongs to Marvel too.

It's not Marvel 616 though. that's why it's not canon for Marvel.

all their other Crossovers are other universes. But it's not 616 which is the mainstream continuity.

Whirlysplatt
Its 616 - Its Canon smile

Juntai
I NEVER SAID IT WAS NOT CANON FOR DC IT IS BUT I HEARD THEY WILL BE CHANGING THE STORY A BIT
What do you mean? The Crime Syndikate story is over. Krona is also still trapped in the egg. The JLA is doing it's version of Avengers dissassembled right now in the wake of it. Another coincidence alongside the polar opposites of Cpt America and Batman having their long lost -- supposedly to never be coming back -- sidekicks suddenly reapearing at the same time messing up their entire pasts? And Superman getting Supergirl back at the same time too, and Batman telling him that it's not right, she shouldn't be here, she shouldn't exist?

Anyways, the writer said everything as we know it is going to change, and just to wait and see. But right now, I'm convinced that it's canon for both, and positive 100% it's canon for one.

Creshosk
They do however have Krona trapped in an egg, that happened in JLA Avengers, and chacters that died in JLA Avengers being ressurected. I think it's reference enough.

Marvel doesn't have Korona trapped in an egg. or any one else for that matter. Same way it was before the crossover, same way it was after.

The crossover never had any impact on 616.

Juntai
Kyle was sh!tting his pants when Wonder Man was breaking all his constructs. Kyle would have gotten his ask kicked if it weren't for a cheap shot from big blue.

It's only canon in DC. Busiek claims that it was canon, does that mean it automatically means it's canon for Marvel? No. This delusional attempt by Whirly and the gang had it's moments, but to bad it falls short , just like Superman when he couldn't do sh!t to Krona except get knocked on his ass. Hawkeye is greater than Superman. Like when Green Arrow beat Paralax or when Wolverine beat Thanos w/ IF? Getting the last lucky shot by no means you're better or could beat someone else. Quit making blatent attempts at pissing people off just cause you're pissed off that it's canon.

Whirlysplatt
No cause the egg is now in the DCU, couldn't trust it to Marvel laughing out loud

Its cannon! smile

Juntai
Marvel doesn't have Korona trapped in an egg. or any one else for that matter. Same way it was before the crossover, same way it was after.

The crossover never had any impact on 616. Except that their characters stepped into DC continuity and helped them defeat Krona.

olympian
Im happy that JLA/Avengers its finally cannon.

That way i can say Wonder Woman couldnt take down a Mortal Hercules, and it only takes Hawkeye to beat a high cosmic crazy like Krona.

angel_not

Creshosk
What do you mean? The Crime Syndikate story is over. Krona is also still trapped in the egg. The JLA is doing it's version of Avengers dissassembled right now in the wake of it. Another coincidence alongside the polar opposites of Cpt America and Batman having their long lost -- supposedly to never be coming back -- sidekicks suddenly reapearing at the same time messing up their entire pasts? And Superman getting Supergirl back at the same time too, and Batman telling him that it's not right, she shouldn't be here, she shouldn't exist?

Anyways, the writer said everything as we know it is going to change, and just to wait and see. But right now, I'm convinced that it's canon for both, and positive 100% it's canon for one. Marvel has a bad habit of discarding old story ideas. There has never been a period of time where someone wasn't being brought back to life.

Creshosk
Except that their characters stepped into DC continuity and helped them defeat Krona. Not the 616 characters.

You seem to be having difficulty telling them apart.

Creshosk
No cause the egg is now in the DCU, couldn't trust it to Marvel laughing out loud

Its cannon! smile Grasping for straws there whirlums.

If it was caon then it'd have effected both continuities. . but since it only effects the one, then it is canon for them, but not for the others.

smile

Whirlysplatt
Grasping for straws there whirlums.

If it was caon then it'd have effected both continuities. . but since it only effects the one, then it is canon for them, but not for the others.

smile

Not Caon Cannon smile As a Dyslexic I should not do that smile
Its Cannon smile

Juntai
Originally posted by olympian
Im happy that JLA/Avengers its finally cannon.

That way i can say Wonder Woman couldnt take down a Mortal Hercules, and it only takes Hawkeye to beat a high cosmic crazy like Krona.

lol. And apperently then Hawkeye could take down Galactus and Paralax too, he's the ultimate! Except you know, that it took help from everyone. Stfu.

Creshosk
Not Caon Cannon smile As a Dyslexic I should not do that smile
Its Cannon smile Can't counter so you focus on spelling. big grin

HigH ScholaR
lol. And apperently then Hawkeye could take down Galactus and Paralax too, he's the ultimate! Except you know, that it took help from everyone. Stfu.

YEAH IT DI TAKE THE HELP OF EVERYONE AH WELL IT'S ASHME SUPERMAN COU;DN'T DO IT WITH THE HELP OF EVERYONE AND WITH THE SHILED,HAMMER AND SOLAR ENERGY VSION GAVE HIM

Creshosk
Then hawkeye is still a better character than superman? What the f**k?

Whirlysplatt
Then hawkeye is still a better character than superman? What the f**k?
Not exactly, but Hawkeye was saved by the flash so he could fire his arrowsmile

Thats canon smile

Whirlysplatt
As long as Thor loses to Supes who cares smile I hate Wonderwoman although thats not what happened smile

Creshosk

Thats canon smile In Dc, not Marvel smile

8bitChris
Look, i'm going to cut you a break since it's obvious you don't know much about comics or about how businesses work in general. I wish I knew how to dumb down the way I write things so you could even begin to grasp simple things.

For one, Marvel would never let Galactus die outside of a crossover (because crossovers don't count) because the whole Marvel Universe would be destroyed. For two, it's obvious you don't know anything about Galactus or his power level.

The main point here is, writers from both companies "make writing concessions they would not normally make under normal writing conditions during a crossover." You have to think of both companies wanting to look good; that's just how it is. I'll say it again, under normal conditions, the characters would be written very differently.

The whole Marvel's Galactus thing is getting tired because the whole thing is obviously PIS. Same thing with Hawkeye beating Krona etc...

Oh and that whole thing about Wolverine beating Thanos with the "IF" (I'm going to assume you mean Infinity Gauntlet) never happend. Wolverine never beat Thanos with the IG. So after you're done rubbing one out and kissing your Superman poster good night maybe you would actually research stuff because you pretend to have any idea what you are talking about.

Creshosk
As long as Thor loses to Supes who cares smile I hate Wonderwoman although thats not what happened smile laughing great logic. Now get me that scan. smile

Juntai
Right now I know it's canon for DC, assuming they don't do a memory lapse of some kind
And involved Marvel's tademark characters, even though it's not proven to be 616 just yet... though I still beleive it is, they just don't know it yet..
I'm about 100% sure DC would not be able to put Marvel characters in continuity without expressed permission.

HigH ScholaR

Thats canon smile

that is true but it's funny considering whay a tnt arrow can do compared to thor's hammer, cap's shiled with the power of a renewed supes laughing out loud

Juntai
Originally posted by 8bitChris
Look, i'm going to cut you a break since it's obvious you don't know much about comics or about how businesses work in general. I wish I knew how to dumb down the way I write things so you could even begin to grasp simple things.

For one, Marvel would never let Galactus die outside of a crossover (because crossovers don't count) because the whole Marvel Universe would be destroyed. For two, it's obvious you don't know anything about Galactus or his power level.

The main point here is, writers from both companies "make writing concessions they would not normally make under normal writing conditions during a crossover." You have to think of both companies wanting to look good; that's just how it is. I'll say it again, under normal conditions, the characters would be written very differently.

The whole Marvel's Galactus thing is getting tired because the whole thing is obviously PIS. Same thing with Hawkeye beating Krona etc...

Oh and that whole thing about Wolverine beating Thanos with the "IF" (I'm going to assume you mean Infinity Gauntlet) never happend. Wolverine never beat Thanos with the IG. So after you're done rubbing one out and kissing your Superman poster good night maybe you would actually research stuff because you pretend to have any idea what you are talking about.

Who said Galactus died, do you even read comics?

8bitChris
They don't have permission. That's why they arn't having flashbacks with Marvel chars :P. Duh?

Creshosk
Exactly. No Galactus, no 616. 616 means galactus didn't get taken out, so the crossover wasn't cannon.

8bitChris

Juntai
Exactly. No Galactus, no 616. 616 means galactus didn't die, so the crossover wasn't cannon. Oh, I remembered Galactus being defeated rather than outright killed.

8bitChris
I think it happend right after Wolverine saved the universe by defeating Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet... roll eyes (sarcastic)

olympian
"lol. And apperently then Hawkeye could take down Galactus and Paralax too, he's the ultimate! Except you know, that it took help from everyone. Stfu."

big grin

But wasent what it happened? Krona beat Galactus, Kawkeye beat Krona. He rules!

And no, it took help from the Flash to travel back to the place, for that to happen.

"i hate Wonderwoman although thats not what happened "

Oh yes it did. First figth she was pissed and didnt ko him out. He was restained. Second fight she was restrained.

Juntai
oh right, lmao, he used Galactus as the base of operations didnt he?

Anyways, it's currently for continuity for DC. Like I said, unless something happens.
And no matter how much you argue its not changing anything.

DC's Krona still beat Marvel's Galactus in continuity.
With both logos on the book and all.

olympian
Isent what i just said ?

Hawkeye its the saviour of two Universes. When Marvel brings him back he will be named the number one champion of Marvel.

psst.

How can i argue if your saying what - i am - saying?

8bitChris
Not the real 616 Galactus. I know you think it's clever calling it Marvel's Galactus.

Tobey Maguire is Marvel's Spiderman too. With logos and trademarks and everything.

olympian
Cool by me.

Kirsten Dunst makes a perrrfect Mary Jane.

HigH ScholaR
oh right, lmao, he used Galactus as the base of operations didnt he?

Anyways, it's currently for continuity for DC. Like I said, unless something happens.
And no matter how much you argue its not changing anything.

DC's Krona still beat Marvel's Galactus in continuity.
With both logos on the book and all.

yes krona did beat a suprised and somewhat confused galactus but in crossovers they do wieerd shit, and by the looks of things dc had this whole thing planned out from the begining

oh yer don't forget if your counting galctus being beat don't forget all the other things that happened. wonderman>green lantern.

but ofcause this shit is only canon for DC not Marvel as of yet

Juntai
Isent what i just said ?

Hawkeye its the saviour of two Universes. When Marvel brings him back he will be named the number one champion of Marvel.

psst.

How can i argue if your saying what - i am - saying? I agree wholeheartedly, with the help of everyone, Hawkeye did some super badass shit. The DC Heros should be proud they stumbled into this plot where they entered the "Marvel Universe" and fought alongside their greatest heros ever. And likewise.

Creshosk
That means that DC acknowledges that there is no speed force in the Marvel universe?

sad

Whirlysplatt
I remeber when Hawkeye beat the Collector, Avengers 165 I think and Ultron around then, He beat she hulk in an Avengers annual smile

gotta love Hawkeye smile

HigH ScholaR
avengers dissemble was BS

olympian
I agree. Even i always liked Green Arrow more, Hawkeye always pulled up crazy stuff.

Btw.....how did he beat the collector?

using a trick like he did on Krona?

Juntai
To be honest, I like most of the human characters better than the giant super ones.

Whirlysplatt
I agree. Even i always liked Green Arrow more, Hawkeye always pulled up crazy stuff.

Btw.....how did he beat the collector?

using a trick like he did on Krona?
No it was in the Korvac saga. The collector had trapped the other Avengers but had got rusty and did not see Hawkeye as a threat, before he could summon the power primordial Hawkeye took him out. smile

Oh and as for the Power Primordial being greater than the power cosmic, check out what Korvac does to the Collector smile

olympian
But Korvac when he first appeared, was kind of like beyonder, wasent it? Levels above some (?) of the already existent beings.

Whirlysplatt
But Korvac when he first appeared, was kind of like beyonder, wasent it? Levels above some (?) of the already existent beings.
Not exactly when Korvac first appeared he was half computer and half man. It was in an issue I only have the UK copy of with Thor and the Guardians of the Galaxy, He absorbed all Galactuse's world ships computers knowledge and became a being I believe is equal to or a bove Tyrant and just below Galactus smile

olympian
Ah thanks for the tip Whirly.

Ill check the Tp of it.

Whirlysplatt
Ah thanks for the tip Whirly.

Ill check the Tp of it.

Probably the best Avengers arc of all Shooter/Perez accept no substitutes smile

Laminator_X
Actually, both companies acknowledge JLA/Avengers as in-continuity. A recent "Marvel Universe" Avengers guide mentions it in the timeline.

Also, the word for somything that is not canon is apocrypha. The opposite of canonical is apocryphal.

Whirlysplatt
yes krona did beat a suprised and somewhat confused galactus and by the looks of things dc had this whole thing planned out from the beginning

Those devious DC masterminds shifty laughing out loud

Creshosk
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Actually, both companies acknowledge JLA/Avengers as in-continuity. A recent "Marvel Universe" Avengers guide mentions it in the timeline. Can we see a scan of this?

Whirlysplatt
Can we see a scan of this?

looks like it smile

Creshosk
Looks like it is cannon.

Whirlysplatt
Looks like it is cannon.

yes

Laminator_X
Dont'cha love it: "a league of heroes from a divergent cosmos."
Just sort of slipped in there too. Sly.

Draco69
Oh god...

Just what we need. A crossover becoming actual canon. Dear lord.

Although Wonder Woman kicked ass in the crossover...

roughrider
Thank God this arguement is over. I was nearly for the rubber room watching this ping-pong match. rolling on floor laughing

hoorayforpeepee
i was under the impression that the handbook scan is from the "important issues" section of the handbook.

which, if true, means you guys still have some proving to do.

8bitChris
Is it one of those fan-written handbooks?

Whirlysplatt
No its Marvel

R.O.T. Yahman
I love it how this never happened. big grin

Scoobless
stick out tongue

Arahan
*confused

Jyppe
Gotta love it when people resurrect ancient threads..

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>