Why havn't they made a Marvel versus DC yet?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spelljammer
They've got Marvel versus Capcom games..
DC has several fighting games..
And they do lots of crossovers ANYWAYS..

So why not give the comic book fans what they really want and make a DC versus Marvel fighting game???

Ast
Neither company would agree to that. no

ESB-1138
Because they don't want to make a Marvel vs. DC

HigH ScholaR
the same reasons why they were hesitant to do comic crossovers and why when they do it it's rare

Hulk Power
Because the characters are one different scales of strength and power.

Primitive Screwhead
It would be the same as Microsoft and Sony working on a next-gen console together. Ain't gonna happen.

MissCurlyCat
this is pretty sad wacko Happy Dance

hotsauce6548
I doubt either company would like this idea much.

§pearhead
i thought it was capcom that made the crossover games, not marvel

probably for that reason

dAngEr_Is_gO!
I've heard that both companies have discussed it with each other but it just wouldn't work. For one thing as Hulk Power suggested, they are two different "universes" so to speak so you have differences in power and scale.
In fighting games you usually have roughly three "classes", your fast characters, your powerhouse characters and your all rounders. As such, each Marvel and DC character would have to be modified to conform to this. This leads to...
Problem 1: by who's standard do you rank them? Who decides if Spidey would be and all rounder or a speed freak? He's not as fast as the Flash but he is a lot faster than Batman. Should the Hulk do is much damage as someone like Darkseid? Such discussion leads to...
Problem 2: Fanboy conflict. If this game saw the light of day, how many posts would we see that said something like "OMG the Human Torch's fireball should own SupermanZ laser eye attack!!!" Such bickering would probably end up taking the focus away from whether the game was actually any good or not.

It will be a cold day in hell before this game sees the light of day.

hotsauce6548

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Spelljammer

So why not give the comic book fans what they really want and make a DC versus Marvel fighting game???

Wouldn't be balanced

StaT1c
I wouldn't mind. I mean, MvC2 wasn't that balanced overall yet it still was fun to play and was the most competitive 2D fighting game in the US (as an example, Sentinel was the best character in the game compared to characters like Magneto or Thanos who would DESTROY it in the comics). You guys are thinking too much in a comic book sense in my opinion. If they were to make it by Capcom (who unfortunately do not have the license to make the Marvel vs. games anymore), knowing their previous successes with their games, I think it would be great as long as people don't think in a comic book state of mind.

Just my $0.02

StaT1c
Originally posted by Spelljammer

So why not give the comic book fans what they really want and make a DC versus Marvel fighting game??? Oh btw, if you're interested in Marvel fighting games, check out the MvC2 thread in the game forum smile

darth-yoda
if they made this it would be great but i cant see it im a huge fan of marvel vs dc and well i want this game to be made

WindDancer
They can make a DC and Marvel Crossover Comic book but a Video game is a long shot. Personally, I go with DC as the winner. Marvel characters are overdone. DC characters are better.

And that comment above is an example of fanboyism

darth-yoda
wild dancer i am not a fanboy of anything i just like things and just the prospect of a marvel vs dc crossover is exciting as a fan of supereros i have been trying to get hold of Marvel vs DC crossover material for over 4 years and i cant there isnt any comic shops were i live and father dont have a credit card i have always wanted to see what would happen if the two universes collided so i ask you to reconsider befor you call someone a fanboy please

WindDancer
Umm.....I was directing that comment to myself. Not you...

darth-yoda
ohh sorry i got you all wrong my deepest appologise peace

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by WindDancer
Umm.....I was directing that comment to myself. Not you...

hysterical2

darth-yoda
yeah i feel like a fool now

SuperHNIC
"DC vs marvel video game"
^^^type this into Google^^^
This is/was video game, for those that didn't. It was fun.

Arahan
Yeah a Street vs Marvel super Heroes can work....

OMG Sakuras Attacks shouldnt be able to hurt the Hulk.
Dan Hibikis Ga Dou Ken shoudlnt be able to do ehm anything.

Your statements why this game shouldnt work are out of logic for me like all the other Marvel vs Capcom Games but still they exsist and are fun to play.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by dAngEr_Is_gO!
I've heard that both companies have discussed it with each other but it just wouldn't work. For one thing as Hulk Power suggested, they are two different "universes" so to speak so you have differences in power and scale.
In fighting games you usually have roughly three "classes", your fast characters, your powerhouse characters and your all rounders. As such, each Marvel and DC character would have to be modified to conform to this. This leads to...
Problem 1: by who's standard do you rank them? Who decides if Spidey would be and all rounder or a speed freak? He's not as fast as the Flash but he is a lot faster than Batman. Should the Hulk do is much damage as someone like Darkseid? Such discussion leads to...
Problem 2: Fanboy conflict. If this game saw the light of day, how many posts would we see that said something like "OMG the Human Torch's fireball should own SupermanZ laser eye attack!!!" Such bickering would probably end up taking the focus away from whether the game was actually any good or not.

It will be a cold day in hell before this game sees the light of day.

I dont think this could be put any better. thumb up

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Arahan
Yeah a Street vs Marvel super Heroes can work....

I have that game for sega saturn... no expression

as for marvel vs dc... I believe there is a fansite that is working on the MUGEN engine to bring this into reality...

but I've also heard that capcom will be creating one in the future.. (I have no idea if development has begun already)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.