The Best Pilot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jack of Clubs
Best Star Pilot of All Time

i think it, in my opinion it was Wedge. he was really good and up to par with the jedi knights, also considering he culdnt use the force. the force enhances reflexes, and he had no force enhance his (considerably good) reflexes, that seems to me like a good enough reason to give it to Wedge.

plz share your thoughts and arguements with me.

oh and jedi pilots are included in this debate.

Morridini
Anakin Skywalker must be the best pilot ever (even as a crippled 40year old man with a breathing disorder, and flying a TIE fighter he managed to disarm Wedge and destroy the rest of the Rebel Squadron.)

ESB-1138
Obi-Wan said that Anakin was the best star pilot of all time and Wedge said Luke was the best.

SnakeEyes
Well, I'm not totally sure who is THE greatest but here are some of the best:
Anakin Skywalker
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Jango Fett
Boba Fett
Luke Skywalker
Saesee Tiin
Jaina Solo
Jag Fel
Wedge Antilles
Gavin Darklighter
Kyp Durron
Biggs Darklighter
Han Solo
Lando Calrissian (pretty good)

ESB-1138
I think Luke would be higher up their. He became a general or commander, I forget, for the rebels. Plus Luke destroyed the DeathStar which should give him some extra points.

Jack of Clubs
not bad guys

but obi wan didnt know about wedge. just because one persons says anakin is the best dosent mean its true (unless GL). and obi wan didnt say he was the best of all time. he just said in the galaxy but that dosent mean it is true, espcially considering where he ended up. he culdnt possibly say of all time. it sounded more liek a compliment than an actual statment.

i mean dont ge me wrong, anankin was a great pilot no doubt, but also consider that the non-jedi pilots dont have the force and have to depend on luck and instinct.

i still say wegde

ESB-1138
He was the only human that can do Pod Racing.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by ESB-1138
I think Luke would be higher up their. He became a general or commander, I forget, for the rebels. Plus Luke destroyed the DeathStar which should give him some extra points.

Uhhh, my list wasn't in any order... wink

Gryn Jabar
Has to be a force sensitive, they're just... better then anone else.

Jack of Clubs
yeah your right about that, but the fact that some non-force users are able to do what jedi can do in a starship, is what gives them cool points IMO. i still give it to wegde. cool

Gryn Jabar
Prolly Anakin or Luke, they'r power in the force far exceeds what is possible with skill alone.

Jack of Clubs
Originally posted by Morridini
Anakin Skywalker must be the best pilot ever (even as a crippled 40year old man with a breathing disorder, and flying a TIE fighter he managed to disarm Wedge and destroy the rest of the Rebel Squadron.) rogue(rebel) squadron wasnt destroyed, they werent even formed then. prolly some random pilots that died. rogue squadron ran the mission against the imperial invasion of hoth, at the battle of endor rogue sqaudron was red group, and they were a major factor in the defeat of thrawn. and they're legends in the star wars galaxy (after Endor), and wegde was their leader the entire trip.

Jack of Clubs
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Prolly Anakin or Luke, they'r power in the force far exceeds what is possible with skill alone. nah i wuldnt put luke in there. he destroyed the death star yeah. but as far as piloting goes(which skill is a major factor of) wedge practically lives in his x-wing. other then the death star what other accomplishment does luke have as a star pilot? (please answer that question im pretty ignorant of luke's piloting skills) and as far as the death star goes. i belive wegde (or any other pilot)culd have done that if Han had been their to save him too. wegde got taken out cuz he was cover fire ( or a distraction if you ask me) so luke could have time for a clear shot.

Emperor Revan
Now people probably won't agree with this but one of the best (not the best but up there) I think is IG-88. If anyone else has read his story in the bounty hunter book they will know what I'm talking about. He can perform several moves that would kill organics, calculate probabilities in microseconds, and more. He crippled the Slave 1 but one of his selves was destroyed. Anywho, he's pretty good but not the best.

Darth Koroni
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Has to be a force sensitive, they're just... better then anone else.

And cut them from the force and they are weaker than others, Luke couldn't deflect the blaster bolts until he had that helmet on, if Assaj Ventress did not have the force she would have been shot down by Anakin. They rely on the Force, and it weakens them, that is the lesson of KotOR 2.

Jack of Clubs
exactly why, Wedge is the man when it comes piloting

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by Darth Koroni
And cut them from the force and they are weaker than others, Luke couldn't deflect the blaster bolts until he had that helmet on, if Assaj Ventress did not have the force she would have been shot down by Anakin. They rely on the Force, and it weakens them, that is the lesson of KotOR 2.
How many Jedi have been cut from the force? Like 3 that we know of. You raise an excellent point however. Does this thread mean skill based alone, or with the force as well?

Jack of Clubs
i guess, considering everybody's valid points about the jedi. Ill go off skill for this debate.

best jedi pilot IMO: Anakin Skywalker

Skill Pilot: Wedge Antilles

Julie
probably Anakin

SnakeEyes
Jag is really underrated, yet very very skilled.

Julie
true....I like Jag too bad nothing serious became of him and Jaina

masterkit
Im not counting jedi or them people. so im goin with Wedge

Jack of Clubs
yep wedge is the man.

Morridini
Originally posted by Jack of Clubs
rogue(rebel) squadron wasnt destroyed, they werent even formed then. prolly some random pilots that died. rogue squadron ran the mission against the imperial invasion of hoth, at the battle of endor rogue sqaudron was red group, and they were a major factor in the defeat of thrawn. and they're legends in the star wars galaxy (after Endor), and wegde was their leader the entire trip.

I know that Rogue Squadron wasn't created at that time. That was why I said Rebel Squadron, meaning the Rebel fleet they used in ANH as they hadn't gotten any official name. Nevertheless, Anakin did wipe out all the best pilots (at the time of ANH) of the Rebellion .

GeneralImperius
Anakin Skywalker is the best, Obi-Wan said so.

Ushgarak
I don't believe for one moment that Jedi are over-reliant on their force skills. Not as a general rule, anyway.

It must be said, all Vader did in ANH was go in a straight line in a faster ship and press the fire button- barely any skill involved.

But if yuo score Luke for destroying the Deatjh Star when Wedge got hit... well, by the same logic, Wedge took out the AT-AT at Hoth, when Luke got shot down trying to do the same.

Jack of Clubs
Originally posted by Morridini
I know that Rogue Squadron wasn't created at that time. That was why I said Rebel Squadron, meaning the Rebel fleet they used in ANH as they hadn't gotten any official name. Nevertheless, Anakin did wipe out all the best pilots (at the time of ANH) of the Rebellion . ohhhh i misunderstood you. my bad

Jack of Clubs
Originally posted by GeneralImperius
Anakin Skywalker is the best, Obi-Wan said so. sorry but that dosent justify a reason for him being the best. theres words and then theres facts.

Ogami Itto
HAN SOLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all the way baby!

Ogami Itto
oh yeah that sucker vader never saw him comin!!!!!

koolruningz
I'd say Han as well. It must be alot harder to pull off the maneuvers that he does in a ship the size of the Falcon. The asteroid chase in ESB is still one of my favourite space scenes in the whole saga.

Tangible God
I say Lando's gotta be the best. He can fly better than anyone when he's stoned.

He's the only one in the galaxy who buys enough glitterstim spice from Kessel to make a high nigg*r-pie.

Ogami Itto
hey! lay off the "N" word

Tangible God
Originally posted by Ogami Itto
hey! lay off the "N" word .........................Jew?

Ogami Itto
thats ok! u can say jew!

InsaneNoodlyGuy
Negro?

Insane Monk
Wedge, definately. I mean, think about it. He is at least the best non force sensitive pilot. To survive Yavin, Hoth, Endor, Bakura, Bilbringi, Couracant, and all the various Rouge and Wraith squadron missions, you have to be Pretty D**N Good. Most pilots don't live more than a few minutes in combat, they could log a few hours if their lucky. Wedge was a pilot for YEARS.

§pearhead
Well, I'm an EU dork, so, most of my favorites are the Rogue Squadron guys. Such as:

Wedge Antilles
Tycho Celchu
Corran Horn

yet I've got to give credit to Han Solo and Lando Calrissian, who was a master with the falcon...least what you see of him. Vader's a tad overrated, imo, as is Jango and Boba

Kenobi too, at least at his best, was quite impressive...

I'm surprised no one's said Baron Fel yet blink

Tangible God
Originally posted by Insane Monk
Wedge, definately. I mean, think about it. He is at least the best non force sensitive pilot. To survive Yavin, Hoth, Endor, Bakura, Bilbringi, Couracant, and all the various Rouge and Wraith squadron missions, you have to be Pretty D**N Good. Most pilots don't live more than a few minutes in combat, they could log a few hours if their lucky. Wedge was a pilot for YEARS. Dude, you starred out DAMN?

Jack of Clubs
what?????

Insane Monk
Oops.

pandabear187
1. Anakin Skywalker
2. Han Solo
3. Wedge Antilles
4. Luke Skywalker
5. Saesee Tiin
6. Plo Koon
7. Soontir Fel
8. Jaina Solo
9. Adi Gallia
10. Lando Calrissian
11. Dash Rendar
12. Tycho Celchu
11. Corran Horn
13. Gavin Darklighter
14. Jacen Solo
15. Kyp Durron
16. Jango Fett
17. Hobbie Klivian
18. Boba Fett
19. Chewbacca
20. Wes Janson

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.