A SnakeEye's Three-Way Duel to the Death

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Here are the combatants:

Anakin Skywalker (ROTS)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
Quinlan Vos (EU)

VERSUS

Jacen Solo (NJO)
Ganner Rhysode (NJO)
Kyp Durron (NJO)

Let the discussion begin!

Darth_Glentract
I LOVE three-ways. eek!

Anyway, back to the fight, Obi-wan and Kyp are about equal. I think Jacen would take Vos, while Anakin would take Ganner. Then Anakin would kill Kyp and proceed to finish Jacen.

SnakeEyes
Really, you think Anakin would beat all three of them?

Darth_Glentract
Not personally, but Jacen would take Vos and Anakin and Obi-wan would take Durron.

SnakeEyes
BUMP

Man I thought this would get more replies.

Abyssal Lord
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
BUMP

Man I thought this would get more replies.

Some of us are to lazy to consider all the varuables in a three-way fight stick out tongue

Darth_Janus
I'm just not up to date on the NJo esque combatants.

Darth Faunus
Well, to keep it short; they pwn. Jacen takes out Quinlan, Kyp takes Anakin, and Ganner takes on Obi-Wan, maybe killing him, maybe holding him off long enough for assistance.

Sorgo
The Jawas rush in and pwn.

Darth Zayzia
I hate NJO and I have not even read any of the NJO books.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Darth Zayzia

You'll get along fine here then.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Darth Zayzia

You'll fit in just fine with all of us that can't stand it either. Too many damn incongruities. Plus all of the smoke and mirrors they blow up Luke's ass.

They say Luke's force strength is not as good as Kyp's (or something to that effect, I won't bother to check verbatim), yet he's sitting there "controlling" black holes and ripping up stars with the force. And Jacen goes all "one with the force" on us while being alive.

It's a load of crock, to be honest.

Lord Darkstar
yes it is a load of crap, but I think that Kyp was just being arrogant and over-looking the facts, thinking he was stronger than Luke. As to why everyone thinks it is true is because Luke does not flaunt his power, no other jedi were around when he did, nobody has seen him fight (now that Jania and Jacen did, they were in awe of his power, control etc), no jedi in those times met the Emperor and Vader etc. Also during one battle, Jaina was sensing all of the other jedi arrive, she felt Kyp arrive, and just mentioned his tightly controlled rage or something like that, then she felt Luke arrive and felt tightly controlled, endless power and calm. No mention of power for Kyp, or indeed anyother jedi, but she sure mentioned it for Luke. Also, Anakin Solo (not Skywalker) was stronger than Kyp, that is unquestioned, but another thing that is unquestioned is that Luke was undoubtedly stronger than him. Interesting

Also about the 'test' Luke did on jedi, pushing on their mind to see how far he gets pushed back by their natural defences, well that may measure uncontrolled force abilities, explaining why Leia seemed less powerful, she had some of her power under control. Also those shields would become more powerful depending on the conditions you grew up in, if you grew up in a safe, loving home with no secrets, you would have no need of powerful force shields. However, if you grew up like Kyp, working hard, under the control of the empire, a slave, you want and need powerful force shields.

So all of those things together would make an illisuion of him being more powerful than Luke, when in-fact he isn't.

Lord Darkstar
Now about the fight, first I think that you underestimate the RotS team ALOT. They had all seen lots of combat, just as much as the NJO team has, they were just fighting different opponents. Also the opponents that the RotS team were fighting included sith/dark jedi, which would give them more practise against those sort of opponents. Also, you cannot forget that Anakin and Obi-Wan were the dream team, pretty much invincible while working together, really watch the fight at the end of RotS and imagine the two of them working together coming after you, frankly I would need a new pair of pants and some toilet paper just looking at that.

Also, Obi-Wan killed General Grevious, yes he looked weak in the movie, but is it possible that Obi-Wan is just that good? Just an idea
Also, Anakin did kill Count Dooku, sure Dooku wasn't trying 100%, but he sure as hell didn't want to be maimed.
Finally, Assaj Ventress terrified the jedi, she personally killed over 18 of them, in Dark Rondevouz, she was chasing two padawans, turned a corner saw Obi-Wan and Anakin and was terrified, she didn't even bother to fight, she just turned and ran. Now you may say it was because there were two of them, possible, but a few chapters before she killed two jedi masters at the same time, no trouble.

On the other hand, Jacen, Ganner and Kyp all disliked each other and could not work as a team at all, they all think that they are the best and would split up. Obi-Wan and Anakin wouldn't, yes I know Anakin is arrogent, but you all underestimate him, he knows enough about battle to stay with Obi-Wan, heck he has done it for the last 3 years, why change now?

I'll admit, I don't know alot about Quinlan Vos, so he will be the sacrifice guy here since I do not know much about his power, abilities etc.

So lets say Quinlan vs Ganner, Ganner was considered by almost everyone to be weak, sure he went out strong, but in every other situation he was weak or at best average. So he was an average jedi knight. Quinlan Vos was a jedi master and quite powerful (if I remember correctly), so I think he could beat Ganner, or at least be equal to him.

Now Anakin and Obi-Wan would have to face Jacen and Kyp, Jacen was only powerful that one time, and he himself says that he will never be able to achieve that again, so again we are left with an average or slightly above average jedi, either Obi-Wan or Anakin would waste his sorry ass. So then we have the other member of the dream team, say Obi-Wan, vs Kyp. Kyp has no experience in lightsaber duelling and I say he is possibly equal in power to Obi-Wan (read above post for reasons). Obi-Wan can hold him off until Anakin leaves sliced Jacen all over the floor and the two of them would be a match for almost anyone, Kyp doesn't stand a chance (and I would sure like to see his face once he senses Anakin's power and realizes his patheticness in comparision). Anakin and Obi-Wan would beat him around like a rag-doll, and that wuld be if Kyp was having a good day.

By this time Quinlan has likely beaten Ganner, or if not, them you get Anakin, Obi-Wan and Quinlan vs Ganner. End result of that match: There is not enough left of Ganner to identify.

So RotS team wins, probably quite easily and with no deaths

Darth_Janus
Damn. Welcome back, dude. Nice to see your in-depth responses. And nice to see someone who can evaluate NJO characters better than the norm. I'm rather convinced now.

Fishy
I have to agree with Darkstar there, but thats primarily because he makes a great argument and I don't know shit about NJO stick out tongue Still he has me convinced.

Darth_Janus
Same here. He at least puts NJO characters into perspective, which is new around here.

Lord Darkstar
embarrasment

Thanks guys, it's good to be back, just wondering, what did I miss while I was gone?

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Lord Darkstar
embarrasment

Thanks guys, it's good to be back, just wondering, what did I miss while I was gone?

a lot of crap threads

Lord Darkstar
so nothing of importance?

well then thats good, saved myself from the noobs big grin

Darth_Janus
Sure did. Though we still get some. Grab a stick and help us hold them off, willya? And I'm working on your sig now.

Lord Darkstar
alright thanks, and I figured out your whole problem, you guys are using sticks to hold off the noobs, you need this:

tomcat

and this:

blowup

Darth_Janus
We can use guns? Well, that helps to know.

SnakeEyes
Sometimes I wish I was a mod. I would be the most ruthless yet fair mod of all. And I would rid this forum of the foul noobs for ages.

Darth_Janus
And be like the King Arthur of KMC?

SnakeEyes
Exactly! I could make a path towards KMC greatness.

Darth_Janus
I'm game. Hey, btw, Ush says comics don't count. His policy aka the policy of the forums.

Darth Zayzia
What am I considered?

Darth_Janus
Hm now?

Darth Zayzia
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Hm now?

What term would fit me? I mean am I a noob?

Darth_Janus
Uh, no. You're new, but you don't act like some immature punk who gets on everyone's nerves. You're cool.

Darth Zayzia
Uh, no. You're new, but you don't act like some immature punk who gets on everyone's nerves. You're cool. big grin

Darth_Janus
I mean, we are all new at some point. But it's how you handle yourself that classifies you.

Darth Zayzia
I mean, we are all new at some point. But it's how you handle yourself that classifies you.

Well I try my best to be nice to everyone.

Darth_Janus
And you succeed. Just remember: you can't please everyone all the time, so just pic em like I do... Here's one to get you started.

Darth Zayzia
And you succeed. Just remember: you can't please everyone all the time, so just pic em like I do... Here's one to get you started.
stick out tongue

Rand al'Thor
And you succeed. Just remember: you can't please everyone all the time, so just pic em like I do... Here's one to get you started. *throws up*

Lord Darkstar
lol, best just to get used to it, Janus has been like that ever since I've known him.

And about the mods, is there any chance that we can elect our own mods every 4 months? It would make sure that the mods are known on the threads and they would have more reason to listen to the people. Well probably won't happen and as soon as a mod reads this I am banned, nice knowing you guys *muffled fighting sounds in background, finally all is silent after a loud thud*

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Lord Darkstar
lol, best just to get used to it, Janus has been like that ever since I've known him.

And about the mods, is there any chance that we can elect our own mods every 4 months? It would make sure that the mods are known on the threads and they would have more reason to listen to the people. Well probably won't happen and as soon as a mod reads this I am banned, nice knowing you guys *muffled fighting sounds in background, finally all is silent after a loud thud*

Eh, we're best off not approaching the subject. In here, Ush is the only visible mod, and he is pretty strict. The other mods to frequent here are Paola and Windancer, both of which I think are global mods. They are pretty cool, but not really here to participate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.