A Marvel and DC Face Off

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Deathstroke vs MONGOOSE

Batman vs Demogoblin

Captain Atom vs Doctor Doom

Atom Smasher vs Spider-Man

METALLO vs Death Metal

Deaths Head II vs Cyborg and Star Fire

Green Lantern vs Mandarin

Superman vs Morg with out WOL

Darkseid vs Malekith

Lobo vs Madman

Captain Marvel vs Firelord

Whirlysplatt
Well as JLA Avengers is Cannon I would say Marvel are toast Golem sorry, my friend they just are not very tough guys in Marvel Usad

golem370
Ok sure

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by golem370
Ok sure

No problem, glad you get it smile

Cosmic Cube
DC wins, because "the dial goes up to 11" in DC. Don't ask what that means...

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Keep the faith

Stay Cosmic.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
DC wins, because "the dial goes up to 11" in DC. Don't ask what that means...

Keep the faith

Stay Cosmic.

smile

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
smile

lmao. What would this forum be without whirlysplat...

Whirlysplatt
lmao. What would this forum be without whirlysplat...

More Relaxed confused

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
More Relaxed confused

Certainly...

golem370
This is a One on One in each category Deathstroke vs MONGOOSE then Batman vs Demogoblin then Captain Atom vs Doctor Doom then Atom Smasher vs Spider-Man then METALLO vs Death Metal then Deaths Head II vs Cyborg and Star Fire then Green Lantern vs Mandarin then Superman vs Morg with out WOL then Darkseid vs Malekith then Lobo vs Madman and finally Captain Marvel vs Firelord

Whirlysplatt
Certainly...
smile

Spelljammer
I can only answer the questions where I'm familiar with both parties..

How will some nuclear fused hero who can't even hold his own comic book series fair against Doom? Doom is above some reject who is so lame he skipped World War 2 unlike most of DC's flock!

I saw alot of bad Marvel characters get slaughterd here, plus Cable seemed to be meationed more times then how bad carbs are for you in an Atkins book.. And Cable could easily overpower Cyborg, but with Star Fire's help that's a toughy. But Death's Head is meaner, so I'll go with him..

I don't know what WOL stands for, but I'll assume just Morg. The old question of can Supes meddle with those who wield the power cosmic, not all Galactus heralds were created equaly. Morg deffinitly being one of the lesser heralds from what I remember.. So I'm going to go with the Big S. But just barely.

Lobo vs Madman
I've never read a Madman book in my life, but I like Lobo. So he wins.

Captain Marvel is like a lesser Superman. We established that Superman has trouble with power-cosmic beings and just barely beat Morg. Firelord is more powerful then Morg. Captain Marven therfore does not stand a chance.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Spelljammer
I can only answer the questions where I'm familiar with both parties..

How will some nuclear fused hero who can't even hold his own comic book series fair against Doom? Doom is above some reject who is so lame he skipped World War 2 unlike most of DC's flock!

I saw alot of bad Marvel characters get slaughterd here, plus Cable seemed to be meationed more times then how bad carbs are for you in an Atkins book.. And Cable could easily overpower Cyborg, but with Star Fire's help that's a toughy. But Death's Head is meaner, so I'll go with him..

I don't know what WOL stands for, but I'll assume just Morg. The old question of can Supes meddle with those who wield the power cosmic, not all Galactus heralds were created equaly. Morg deffinitly being one of the lesser heralds from what I remember.. So I'm going to go with the Big S. But just barely.

Lobo vs Madman
I've never read a Madman book in my life, but I like Lobo. So he wins.

Captain Marvel is like a lesser Superman. We established that Superman has trouble with power-cosmic beings and just barely beat Morg. Firelord is more powerful then Morg. Captain Marven therfore does not stand a chance.

Bless, I am not saying anything laughing

Cosmic Cube
Madman sucks. He's a low level Hulk villian who can make himself bigger (but not stronger.) Lobo would wreck him.

DC wins most of these fights. confused Maybe Whirlysplat is right. scared

Whirlysplatt
Madman sucks. He's a low level Hulk villian who can make himself bigger (but not stronger.) Lobo would wreck him.

DC wins most of these fights. confused Maybe Whirlysplat is right. scared

As usual smile

golem370
Mongoose Normal (4/10)
Strength: Superhuman Class 10 (6/12)
Speed: Superhuman (6/10)
Stamina: Superhuman (6/10)
Durability: Enhanced Human (5/14)
Agility: Superhuman (6/7)
Reflexes: Superhuman (6/7)
Fighting Skills: Excellent hand-to-hand combatant utilizing his superhuman speed and cunning to create his own unique fighting style
Special Skills/Abilities: Unrevealed
Superhuman physical powers: None
Superhuman Mental Powers: none
Special Limitations: None known
Source of Superhuman Powers: Genetic engineering by the High Evolutionary (The Mongoose was apparently originally an ordinary mongoose)

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by golem370
Mongoose Normal (4/10)
Strength: Superhuman Class 10 (6/12)
Durability: Enhanced Human (5/14)
Fighting Skills: Excellent hand-to-hand combatant utilizing his superhuman speed and cunning to create his own unique fighting style
Superhuman physical powers: None
Superhuman Mental Powers: none
Special Limitations: None known
Source of Superhuman Powers: Genetic engineering by the High Evolutionary (The Mongoose was apparently originally an ordinary mongoose)

So its the Marvel scale really, really weak compared to DCU, sorry Golem smile

golem370
Malekith his powers Gifted (6/10)
Strength: Superhuman Class 10, (magically enhanced larger form) Superhuman Class 90 (6/12), (10/12)
Durability: Superhuman (7/14)
Fighting Skills: Moderate proficiency at hand to hand combat
Superhuman physical powers: Ability to manipulate magical forces for a variety of effects, including teleportation, energy projection, physical malleability, flight (by transforming into mist) and the ability to change the shape and appearance of other beings or objects

Whirlysplatt
So its the Marvel scale really, really weak compared to DCU, sorry Golem smile

Whirlysplatt
smile

Hulking Hurler
Mongoose vs. Deathstroke- Slade Wilson is a vicious, sadistic, highly intelligent warrior who is perhaps the greatest tactical mind on DC Earth, not to mention his numerous physical enhancements and his adroitness in the art of fighting; Deathstroke would most likely take the majority over almost all the street-levelers in both Marvel and DC, but he is seriously outclassed here. Mongoose stalemated both Spiderman and Jarlson Thor, and, while pre-BRB Thor is not quite up to snuff in comparison with his contemporary counterpart, he would most likely still walk all over Deathstroke without prep. Mongoose is likely stronger, faster, more durable, and more agile, and, while Deathstroke is likely more skilled in hand-to-hand combat, he is no slouch in the fighting department. Barring some bizarre occurrence, Deathstroke will go down hard.

Batman vs. Demogoblin- If Batman and Demogoblin simply meet on the street, and just go at it right there, Demogoblin should pick up the majority. He's stronger, faster, and more durable due to his demonic enhancements, and he possesses all of the equipment the other Goblins have, but his supply is literally unlimited. He can conjure up, out of thin air, any of the gadgets that give Spiderman trouble all the time, and can counter most of the things Batman has on-hand in any reasonable situation. Without preparation time, Batman will go down, because he is just outclassed in basically everything in this situation.

Captain Atom vs. Doctor Doom- Like the other battles, unless Doom has prep, Adam should take it. With prep, Doom could devise any number of devices and gadgets that could take down the good Captain, but if they meet on neutral ground, and immediately begin to battle, there is much that Captain Atom could do to neutralize the threat of the Doctor, while there isn't much that Doom could do, barring some sort of anti-superhero spray that he carries around, to defeat Captain Atom.

Spiderman vs. Atom Smasher- Depending on the circumstances, this battle could go either way. If Spiderman simply chooses to nip the problem in the bud, so to speak, he should be able to simply knock out
Albert before he increases his mass and density; while in human form, he's in shape, of course, but his inherent human physique makes his durability less than suitable for a punch, even a powered-down one, from Spiderman. Of course, if Spiderman doesn't choose to immediately deal with the problem, the Atom Smasher could become so large and so dense that everything the Wallcrawler threw at him would be like throwing pebbles at a steel wall. He could still conceivably web him up, but his speed increases proportionately, if at a lower rate then his strength and durability, with his size, so he might even be able to avoid being hit at all. And even if he got bogged up, Atom Smasher might grow large enough and strong enough to snap his bonds and proceed to beat Spiderman into unconsciousness.

Metallo vs. Death Metal- Well, there have been different versions of Metallo, so I will be basing my decisions on the original, Kryptonite-heart powered one, as the Neron-boosted one would be too much for Death Metal to handle. Death Metal is a pretty tough customer, possessing the ability to regrow and reshape his metallic body, a power that Metallo, at the time, did not have yet. Also, he is composed of "Promethium": whether this is the DC Promethium makes a huge difference in the outcome. He's beaten down Ghost Rider, and drawn with Alpha Flight for some time, and he is likely stronger than his two less advanced siblings, Death's Head and Death Wreck; he is likely at least Class 100. However, even with all these feats, I think that Metallo simply outclasses him in strength and durability, with the latter being debatable depending on whether Promethium is the same substance that it is in DC, but, Death Metal is basically able to overcome anything that Metallo throws at him due to his regenerative properties. If just for being indestructible, I think Death Metal wins.

Death's Head II vs. Cyborg and Starfire- The two former Teen Titans are a tough team to beat, no doubt, but I thing Death's Head II could put them down. Judging by what little I've seen of Death's Head in the Transformers comics, he is ruthless enough, strong enough, fast enough, dexterous enough, smart enough, and tough enough to take down Cyborg very easily, and while Starfire might be a problem, he can heal from her energy attacks, and getting in close combat with him might be a bad idea for Starfire. Her flight is not all that much of a factor, considering he packs conventional energy weapons that could put her down given enough time. Overall, I'd say the crborg that is property of Marvel wins.

Green Lantern vs Mandarin- I assume you put this here because they both wield rings with unimaginable power. In this case, however, unless you put a truly terrible Green Lantern against the Mandarin, he/she/it would win. And, as most of the fights don't involve Green Lanterns who didn't overcome their yellow weakness, Mandarin goes down hard.

Superman vs. Morg w/o WOL- Morg with the Waters of Life was a beast. He took down several of his fellow heralds, killed one of them, and was really only stopped by Silver Surfer berserking and the arrival of Tyrant. However, Morg without was not all that powerful, and was undoubtedly below the stronger heralds. While he was most likely more powerful than the weaker ones, such as Nova, he was most likely below, say Terrax. He doesn't have the real ability to take down Superman via his weaknesses, as do some of his fellows, and, in the end, I think this would degenerate into a brawl, due to Morg's vicious nature. In that instance, I think Superman would, by the skin of his teeth, pull out a victory, due to Morg's lack of skill in manipulating cosmic energy to boost his physical prowess, with Morg nearly taking the victory through speed and unrestrained, feral brutality.

Darkseid vs. Malekith- Darkseid, ever since the Crisis, has devolved into a laughingstock, who has become the punching bag of, well, anybody. In this case, though, as long as Malekith doesn't blind him with his beam, Darkseid should be able to destroy him with the Omega Effect, if not the Omega Beams. If Darkseid is blinded, the playing field alters drastically. While the physical advantage lies with the ruler of Apokolips, Malekith is not to be taken lightly, as his magical abilities and ability to mislead and mystify are quite potent, with the latter perhaps being very effective against the dullard Darkseid is nowadays. For the majority, Darkseid should win, since both of his main methods of attack should kill Malekith and, in a brawl, he is superior.

Lobo vs. Madman- This one is relatively straightforward. Lobo wins. Madman has shown the ability to knock the Hulk unconscious, and is presumably quite intelligent, but he has been been decimated when fighting Hulk in a fair fight, and Lobo is, in every category, his superior.

Captain Marvel vs. Firelord- Captain Marvel, unlike Superman, does not have an easily exploitable weakness for those skilled in the use of Power Cosmic to take advantage of. Firelord is without a doubt, faster, and, if taking full advantage of the Power Cosmic, can amp his abilities so that his strength and durability are on par also. Captain Marvel would most likely, however, still destroy him in a fistfight, for no other reason then that he has far more experience, and that Firelord is tainted when fighting against somebody who has even a modicum of physicality, due to the infamous Spiderman incident. It is not likely, though, that Firelord would stoop to such a level, as to engage in fisticuffs. While Firelord's fire should hurt Billy, it shouldn't harm him to such an extent that he is rendered senseless or deceased, and the lightning of Zeus would severely harm, if not outright kill, Firelord, due to the scientific nature of the Power Cosmic. In the end, I feel it comes down to if Captain Marvel's lightning is magical enough to KO Firelord.

Chaholdrudan
damn Hulking Hurler i really enjoy reading your posts bro smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.