Favorite Time Period to Live In

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jack of Clubs
i say classic times. there's more life to the classics then the prequels or old republic. the prequles are cool, but not enough life in it.

what i mean when i say life is. in the prequel trilogies evrything is centerd around the jedi and sith (which is my favorite part of SW). but in the classics we get to see the rebel alliance, han and leias love relationship,a real sense of freindship between the characters, and better looking planets(my opinoin). everything was centered around anakin just a little too much. where as in the classics vader and luke were the main characters but it wasnt all necessarily about them, if you get what I mean. also the characters seem more realisitc, espically Han, Lando, and Leia.

Classics for me

Plz express ur thoughts and opinoins.

Julie
prequel would be nice ...too peaceful though:-0
KOTOR era all the way....who doesn't love to have whole planets razed...how come NJO era and post NJO aren't on here....wahhh

ESB-1138
Prequel. It was nice and peaceful at first they way everything should be and then goes into total war...the Clone War.

masterkit
I pressed prequal but ment Old Rebuplic

Abyssal Lord
Originally posted by masterkit
I pressed prequal but ment Old Rebuplic

Arg! Same here.

Spelljammer
I'm going to say classic, because the old republic was entirely too Jedi obsessed, the prequel was FAR too much like the United Nations, atleast with the classic it was grim, but things get better. (Eventualy..) I get compared alot to Kreia, who would've been great to see in the classics considering she didn't care about the sith's rise to power or the jedi keeping order, she just wanted you to reach your full potential and pretty much crapped on what other people said.. stick out tongue Also she was the first jedi (or sith, or WHATEVER!) I saw that did not wield a lightsaber, she was roughing it! But prequel was just horrible..

Queen Arimidilla: You're going to stop this invasion Darth Vader or my people are going to get angery with you!
Darth Vader: And what do you plan to do about it your highness? *Deep breaths*
Queen Arimidilla: We're going to write a letter, telling you about how angery we are! *Telekentic strangle to the throat*

Gryn Jabar
To actually live in? NONE of us would want to live through a war, so, old republic and classics are out. I'd have to say prequel, prior to the clone wars.

Fishy
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
To actually live in? NONE of us would want to live through a war, so, old republic and classics are out. I'd have to say prequel, prior to the clone wars.

I'd have to agree here, wars aren't exactly the best times to live.

Jack of Clubs
wars are (ironically and sadly) unavoidable. espically as large as the galaxy is. there is always gonna be a war eventually in some part of the galaxy or in it itself, considering the balance of things is so unstable. dont get me wrong im a peace lover, and im apalled by the tragedies of war.

For some or actually most civlians in the galaxy its not really that bothersome, as long you are not involved. Play Star Wars Galaxies and you will see what i mean. I do feel sorry for Alderaan though, thats an exception to my point.

(i wonder what Galaxies would be like if it was prequel or Old Republic)

Se7in
Well, I'd wanna live Prequel trilogy, probably because I'd have the best chance of being a Jedi. But sadly, I'd be gunned down and forced to fight between thousands of Clones and millions of Droids.

Tangible God
I'd like to live in the classic era.

I'd go to the Emperor and tell him where Obi-Wan is hiding out so that we'd never have to put up with him in NJO or the rest of ANH, because he's just a whiny li'l b*tch in that one.

The downside is that Empire will continue to rule for who knows how long and Luke will never become an inventer.-------Sex toys that only Jedi can use. One touch of the Froce and you can use the all powerful "Focre-Jism!"

darth-yoda
id love to live in the old republic just to be on the council or even a madlorian

CobbleR
Originally posted by Jack of Clubs

i wonder what Galaxies would be like if it was prequel or Old Republic
Probly super fantastically kick ass. I am not happy with it being set between Episode IV and V. Also the way to become a Jedi is bull. I had a good idea on how to become a Jedi if it was set in prequel. You have to get POI's and such just like how it is now but once you obtain all the requirements for becoming a Jedi your character is turned into a little kid and you are enrolled in the Jedi Academy. You train there until you reach a certain level then you are a Padawan, Find a Master then become an apprentice. Then after you get a certain amount of the skill boxes you become a Jedi Knight, then you just work your way tword Master and you get an apprentice and the circle continues. I haven't really thought about how to become Sith though.

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by Jack of Clubs

For some or actually most civlians in the galaxy its not really that bothersome
Tell that to the 350 trillion people killed by the Vong. Or the citizens of Ossus, Tarsis, Dxun...

Tangible God
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Tell that to the 350 trillion people killed by the Vong. Or the citizens of Ossus, Tarsis, Dxun... Despite who they were and the chitiness of NJO, I still say the Vong were pretty damn evil. 5 years and they lay waste to half a galaxy and kill a third of a quadrillion people.

Jack of Clubs
Like i said, for most people in the galaxy. 350 trillion in the star wars galaxay is really not that much. but i do understand what you are getting at.

Tangible God
By all respects, three books after Star by Star, in which Coruscant falls to the Vong, they say 100 billion people lived on Coruscant.

A planet covered in sprawling 3 Km high buildings could house perhaps about a quadrillion, so, yeah, I doubt that 350 trillion deaths would make the hugest of impacts.

Still though, financially, they were pretty screwed.

Morridini
I would live under the glory of the Empire, when humans got all the benefits and the wretched aliens lived in the gutter.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Morridini
I would live under the glory of the Empire, when humans got all the benefits and the wretched aliens lived in the gutter. Just like Shangrai Lah huh?

Insane Monk
"Tell that to the 350 trillion people killed by the Vong. Or the citizens of Ossus, Tarsis, Dxun..."

People didn't actually live on Dxun. It was just a jungle.

Jack of Clubs
ok enough about war. im gonna make this intersting now.

give a background check, this time

who are you?
Profession (not everyone say jedi, and if your going to make a second identity also)
where do you live?
Time Period?
do you know anybody famous?
belong to a faction?
etc. etc.

those are jus examples of what im talkin about.

My Character

Vall Dracus
Classic times
Smuggler
Rebel Alliance
Cloud City, Bespin
Black Human Male
6'3
180 lbs.
Flys an X-wing and a personalized Light Black Sun Fighter

Vall is a smuggler by heart and a fast talker to boot. He, Han, Lando were quite the smuggling team before they went there separate ways after Han signed on with Jabba the Hut. Somtime after the battle of Yavin Vall joined the alliance after hearing reports of Bespin under Imperial quarantine. Imperals on Bespin? Not in his galaxy. He joined the Rogue Squadron and was quite accomplished pilot and flew beside Wedge Antilles in quite a few missions. He didnt stay long, because he wanted to fight the imperials on Bespin. Beside the war Vall is pretty cool and maintains a low profile. He is most likely found in space running smuggling routes or lounging at the local cantina with friends.

Ok now it's evrybody else's turn.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.