Hercules vs. Firelord

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
i have seen, Herc took down Firelord, Galactus herold, with only one punch.... and this was with his left fist... the right one.. is his stronger one

olympian
If Firelord uses all his powers, he wins more often than not.

If he doesnt, he loses the majority.

Tecnically one will lose if he starts playing the game of the other.

K3VIL
Hercules in his half-god form has durability which grant him to substain anything Firelord can throw at him then knock him out with some of his punches, it happened before, so Herc takes this.

Spelljammer
Hercules may be a demi-god, but how well will he fair against someone who wields the power cosmic? Firelord is no pushover, perhaps the third most powerfulest herald. (Next to Silver Surfer and Terrax.) I wouldn't doubt his capability to bring an end to Hercules near immortal life..

olympian
I actually consider Firelord to be more powerful than Terrax.

And its not a pushover, Herc stalemated him in the first encounter, but Firelord wasent just figthing him. It was also figthing Thor.

He also tends not to use much his powers other than the ordinary herald speed and blasts that granted, by themselves arent enought to take Herk or Thor down or down - for good-.

But i also take in consideration like i said the fact he stalemated Herk and Thor once, made Surfer run on another time and defeated him on another ocasion, where he even broke the Surfers board with a blast.

If he uses all his powers like that he can take Herk, if not, hes going down.

leonidas
all firelord needs to do is go nova, and it's over.

olympian
That would be him against any top opponents.

HigH ScholaR
firelord takes this stick to the air and use his powers

Wynndar
Firelord is typically written as a goofy punching bag. However, He can produce some 5,000,000 degree blasts of nova that would certainly reduce Herc to atoms

leonidas
<<That would be him against any top opponents.>>

not against opponents with powerful shields or who are capable of withstanding the heat of stars.

this is bloodlust.

K3VIL
Thor has been into the core of sun, and he and half-god Herc has same durability.
It's enough to survive to FL attacks

olympian
Herk has taken a full blast from Nova and was eyebemed by Stranger before.

And blasted by Beyonder.

And Blasted by Adam Warlock.

And are all the matches bloodlust here unless its stated? Or the other way around.

leonidas
in that issue (thor annual 14) thor says something about being in a 'sphere that pulses to the rhythm of the sun'. he is also walking and talking normally, which leads me to believe thor was not actually IN the sun, but in some . . . 'magical' sphere (??) where atum lives. thor has never before or since (classic thor) flown through the heart of a star.

nova flame would reduce herc to ash. thor's hammer would let him shield the blast or allow him to teleport away and return to continue the fight.

olympian
"in that issue (thor annual 14) thor says something about being in a 'sphere that pulses to the rhythm of the sun'. he is also walking and talking normally, which leads me to believe thor was not actually IN the sun, but in some . . . 'magical' sphere (??) where atum lives. thor has never before or since (classic thor) flown through the heart of a star"

The one where he asks help against Seth? He was - in - the sun. The heart of the sun to be more specific, where Atum lives.

"nova flame would reduce herc to ash"

And Hulk, and Thor without hammer and everyone of the same class then. I agree.

Wynndar
Herc has no mjolnir to block for him...just bare skin. Firelord can surpass the heat of a sun, just so u know.

leonidas
<<Herk has taken a full blast from Nova and was eyebemed by Stranger before.
And blasted by Beyonder.
And Blasted by Adam Warlock.
And are all the matches bloodlust here unless its stated? Or the other way around.>>

and? hades has punked the stranger, and warlock? hopefully you're not comparing that 'karmic blast' to full power cosmic. can't recall the beyonder shot, but obviously it was no where near full power seeing as how galactus effortlessly changed him to slime. and i hope you're not saying herc would survive a nova blast that would also incinerate the planet? or a level of power that could smash ss's board?

herc's tough, and about my favourite when written correctly, but c'mon .. . .

olympian
And where im saying he will take a full powered blast by Firelord.

Im saying he took heavy stuff before on him.

And im also saying if he goes down with it, so would the others, including a hamerless Thor.

"and? hades has punked the stranger, and warlock? hopefully you're not comparing that 'karmic blast' to full power cosmic. can't recall the beyonder shot, but obviously it was no where near full power seeing as how galactus effortlessly changed him to slime. and i hope you're not saying herc would survive a nova blast that would also incinerate the planet? or a level of power that could smash ss's board?"

Leonidas im not saying he will. Im saying in that case pretty much everyone on his class will go down as well.

Wich would make every fight he is in, pretty easy from the get go.

Btw using Hades doesnt work well. Hes way above the top heroes level by himself. Herk its not, its more of a feat him surviving a blast from that kind of opponent than Hades, Hela or Poseidon.

leonidas
<<And Hulk, and Thor without hammer and everyone of the same class then. I agree.>>

yep.

<<The one where he asks help against Seth? He was - in - the sun. The heart of the sun to be more specific, where Atum lives.>>

leonidas
"IN A SPHERE . . ."

thor can't survive in a star.

olympian
But didnt he stated before going there he would meet Atum in the heart of the sun?

Or was that sphere in the heart of the sun then? the issue i have its a translated one. Can you confirm.

Wynndar
Sounds more like a mystical realms...not the scientifically defined sun.

I agree that the other characters like Thor without a hammer would be harmed from Firelords most intense attacks. I'm not trying to pick on Herc or anything, don't take it personal. Taking a attack from lots of those guys, like the BEYONDER, is kinda just novelty. The Beyonder is infinitely more powerful than Galactus. If Galactus can turn Herc into an Amoeba then so can the Beyonder. The Beyonder did all kinds of stuff when he was in his human form. But it didnt mean he was using his full power. The Thing beat the Beyonder in a fight! Doesnt give the Thing class 10^100000 strength and invulnerability.

olympian
I didnt meant to say he took a full powered blast from Beyonder. That wasent the case. But a blast nothless that pretty much got him tossed thro a mountain, and that he gets up with no damage other than making a remark how powerful Beyonder was. its a pretty good durability feat.

Im also in agreenment that a full blast from Firelord, can take him like all of the top tier who dont have defenses against it. That way he wins. Its when he doesnt use the best shots that he gets a disavantage.

About Thor in the sun. What it seems odd to me its the appearant sphere in the heart of the sun where Atum -also- was. Does that mean Atum needs it too? Seems odd.

Thing defeated wich Beyonder in a fight? Pre or post retcon.

Wynndar
Pre in his own comic book. Thing almost killed Beyonder. Beyonder gave the Thing the opportunity to kill him and the Thing almost did it. Herc is real durable. He can take more heat than most guys. I imagine he's capable of sustaining similar damage to Thor. But the kind of heat Firelord can produce would quickly vaporize any of the top strong guys. I mean the normal flame surrounding the Human Torch is hot enough to melt right through Colossus, a guy we usually consider pretty heat resistant and durable. Most of the strong guys burn from just a few thousand degrees. Firelord can produce millions upon millions.

olympian
I agree.

Can you tell me wich issue the fight between Beyonder and Thing happened?

Wynndar
yea just a minute

Wynndar
Here it is, issue thirty

olympian
Thanks Wynndar.

leonidas
atum is said to live in some 'mystical city' inside the sun. i agree with wynn - it's probably not - strictly speaking - the sun, but some magical plane inside the sun where thor can walk and talk like it WASN'T 15 000 000 degrees.

superman too has been said not to be able to fly into a star and survive. takes cosmics or the well defended (ie green lantern) to do that feat.

whobdamandog
Just thought that I would add my two cents to this discussion...

Like the heralds of Galactus, Thor has been shown to withstand the rigors of deep space for extended periods of time..so I'm sure his durability is way up there. In addition to this..in a what if comic..(I know someone is going to say its not canon..but oh well) Thor was going up against Set, and was shown to still be standing after being engulfed by a s*t load of fire from one of Set's heads. He was being burned for quite some time, before Gae stepped in and saved him.

Anyway..all this goes back to the argument that Thor probably could withstand a full on blast from firelord..Albeit..he'd be the little worse for wear, but he'd survive..and possibly still have enough strength to take the former herald down.

FYI By the way..the comic that I'm referring to was "What if Marvel Superheroes had lost Atlantis attacks"

leonidas
a full nova blast (ie actual nova strength and heat) should incinerate a hammerless thor and destroy the planet. it's debatable if he or hulk could stand ground zero of a nuclear explosion - if they COULD, they would be hurt VERY badly. a nova is 1000s of times greater. thor's hammer could block a concentrated blast, but thor himself shouldn't be able to survive.

ps-above i said supes can't survive in the sun. that of course is stupid considering he's been shown 'sun-dipping' several times recently, and prime actually LIVED in the sun . . .

oops. embarrasment

themadsurfer
Originally posted by leonidas
"IN A SPHERE . . ."

thor can't survive in a star.

Thor can survive in a star. "in a sphere" and that means what exactly?? the only statement that really means something is the one who says they are in the heart of the sun. BRB also survived being in the sun two times while one of them he was unconscious. Currently even young Thor without Mjolnir was fighting inside the sun.

Firelord already tried to melt Thor and he almost did it so he has a chance to kill Hercules.

zopzop
Unless supreme PIS/CIS is involved, Firelord should take it every damn time.

leonidas
Originally posted by themadsurfer
Thor can survive in a star. "in a sphere" and that means what exactly?? the only statement that really means something is the one who says they are in the heart of the sun. BRB also survived being in the sun two times while one of them he was unconscious. Currently even young Thor without Mjolnir was fighting inside the sun.

Firelord already tried to melt Thor and he almost did it so he has a chance to kill Hercules.

well, that was...a few years back. i still contend that meeting with atum is NOT proof of thor being able to live in a star, though some believe otherwise. hell, even his CLOAK wasn't singed. laughing out loud

if he has fought inside a star more recently, cool, but i seem to recall in the phoenix arc thor had to force a ship off a collision course with a star and he didn't much relish the idea.....could he handle a star? yeah, i think so. unscathed and effortlessly? i think it depends on the writer, especially if he didn't have the hammer.

and yeah, it would take fl fighting like a moron to lose this. herc is too much a 1-trick pony to handle characters with the versatility of a herald.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.