Pat Robertson: Let's Assassinate Heads of State We Don't Like

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot

Fishy
That guy deserves to be shot... Seriously what an idiot.

Bardock42
Here's a clip from the Daily Show aboot that......its way down....

xmarksthespot
Some more from Pat:
On Apartheid:
"I think 'one man, one vote,' just unrestricted democracy, would not be wise. There needs to be some kind of protection for the minority which the white people represent now, a minority, and they need and have a right to demand a protection of their rights."

On gender roles:
"I know this is painful for the ladies to hear, but if you get married, you have accepted the headship of a man, your husband. Christ is the head of the household and the husband is the head of the wife, and that's the way it is, period."

Comparing the plight of Christians in the U.S. to the Holocaust:
"Just like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so liberal America is now doing to the evangelical Christians. It's no different. It is the same thing. It is happening all over again. It is the Democratic Congress, the liberal-based media and the homosexuals who want to destroy the Christians. Wholesale abuse and discrimination and the worst bigotry directed toward any group in America today. More terrible than anything suffered by any minority in history."

And millions tune into this guy every day??? huh

Evil Dead
He's a Christian, does his thoughts surprise you?

Catholic priests molesting little boys like molesting little boys is going out of style................. Jim Baker cheating on his wife, getting caught.......Pat Robertson endorsing murder.........Pope Benedict was a nazi..............those crazy Christians........is there a commandment they won't break?

P.S. comments are not directed towards Christian followers (although they would apply to many).........they are directed soly at those in leadership positions.

debbiejo
Yeah, I know all about him....I know many people who turn in...Very big organization...someone put me on his mailing list once....They'll call for donations....He's very very very old teaching thrown into the here and now...His son now, I think, is also on the show now since PR is getting old...I've also heard a lot of behind the scenes back biting going on..Told by a person who used to work there at one time....Just terrible influence on households........And you think he's a nut, well some of the people who watch that show really take it to extremes...Demon casting out stories..sometimes airing horrible scary stuff, so a person won't dabble in pagan or wicca stuff....Horrible literature they mail out too.

Fishy
Originally posted by Evil Dead

Catholic priests molesting little boys like molesting little boys is going out of style................. Jim Baker cheating on his wife, getting caught.......Pat Robertson endorsing murder.........Pope Benedict was a nazi..............those crazy Christians........is there a commandment they won't break?

P.S. comments are not directed towards Christian followers (although they would apply to many).........they are directed soly at those in leadership positions.

You can not be serious about that, I hate the church and what it has done, but one can not deny the good its doing in the world today and that many of them are actually good people. You doing so is as stupid as what this guy is saying.

xmarksthespot
I think I can safely say that Pat Robertson's views have never done the world any good. I don't think one can claim the religious political groups do much good for the world - they're divisive and exclusionary.

That Daily Show thing is laughing out loud. Pat appeared on FOX news a week and a half ago... fair and balanced roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
Originally posted by Evil Dead

Although there are some things wrong int the Catholic Church you ca't ujsut generalize ...many good people with strong moral beliefs are part of that church and do good for many people....

And Bendict wasn't really a Nazi......

Bardock42
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I think I can safely say that Pat Robertson's views have never done the world any good. I don't think one can claim the religious political groups do much good.

That Daily Show thing is laughing out loud. Pat appeared on FOX news a week and a half ago...

Yes but he's not speaking for every Christian in the world.....

Fishy
I think I can safely say that Pat Robertson's views have never done the world any good. I don't think one can claim the religious political groups do much good for the world - they're divisive and exclusionary.

That Daily Show thing is laughing out loud. Pat appeared on FOX news a week and a half ago... fair and balanced roll eyes (sarcastic)

Like Bardock said, this guy is not speaking for every christian in the world.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yes but he's not speaking for every Christian in the world.....
Oh, I by no means think that. I may not be religious but I know a lot of people of various religions who aren't anything like Pat Robertson. But I think when religion attempts to hold sway over politics then it can only lead to trouble.

Bardock42
Oh, I by no means think that. I may not be religious but I know a lot of people of various religions who aren't anything like Pat Robertson. But I think when religion attempts to hold sway over politics then it can only lead to trouble.

I actually agree...I don't think that Churches have any ability to lead a state.....(and don't say the Vatican...my Room is bigger than the Vatican)

Evil Dead
I don't recall denying that anywhere. There is however a difference in being a good person and being a good Christian. Christians take it one step further by claiming there are a number of things a good person might do but they as Christians would not. Adultry. A man can cheat on his wife for several reasons........it does not make him a bad person. Christians on the other hand state they would never do so as it is a commandment from God not to do so and they will go to hell if they do. See Jim Baker above..........

also true..........but one can not simply ignore the fact that he is a major force in American Christianity.........and call it a mere coincidence that so many major Christian leaders in the United States choose to ignore the beliefs they preach about. After so many instances such as this.........it appears that many Christian leaders in this country do not believe in what they preach.

He was a member of Hitler's youth aswell as a member of the Nazi military. He wore a swastika on his chest every day as he did his job.......that made him a nazi. He did not choose to become a priest until after the nazi party fell in Germany.

Ushgarak
Do you have any idea how hard it was to NOT be in the Hitler Youth?

Sorry, but the definition of a Nazi is someone who was in the Nazi party; he was not.

Oskar Schindler was, though. Just goes to show.

Spelljammer
I have to ask, why do you care?

What makes what some over zealous nut has to say so damn important? Seriously, you know he's full of it, so why do you put so much effort into showing the rest of us how angery you are at his stupid statement? Has American society become that immature and moronic?

CNN's blonde bimbo broadcaster had this to say to some woman, "Do you think assasination is appropiate?" ofcourse I think it's appropiate, you're just not suppose to say it outloud.. wink

Why must you all take everything so seriously? It's just one guy's opinion..

Capt_Fantastic
Pat Robertson is a total NUT! Not only is he a nut, but he is the vocal mouthpiece of an entire voting base of nuts. Pat Robertson has always been a total nut...he feels he has a divine calling to be a total nut...and his followers are total nuts, as well.

I'm really shocked at the viewing public, making such a huge deal out of what he's said. It really shows how little attention the American public pay to the people who are making their descions for them. Pat's been talking like this for years, and we just decide to pick this comment and run with it? It's people who believe in such utter shit, and consider themselves justified because they profess to speak for god that are turning this country into a theocracy. Excuse me..HAVE SUCCEDED at turning this country into a theocracy.

Spelljammer
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Pat Robertson is a total NUT! Not only is he a nut, but he is the vocal mouthpiece of an entire voting base of nuts. Pat Robertson has always been a total nut...he feels he has a divine calling to be a total nut...and his followers are total nuts, as well.

I'm really shocked at the viewing public, making such a huge deal out of what he's said. It really shows how little attention the American public pay to the people who are making their descions for them. Pat's been talking like this for years, and we just decide to pick this comment and run with it? It's people who believe in such utter shit, and consider themselves justified because they profess to speak for god that are turning this country into a theocracy. Excuse me..HAVE SUCCEDED at turning this country into a theocracy.
My post above you agrees with you tottaly but from a differant perspective. The Christian right has absolutely no power in today's society. If that were true, people would have Bible study in public schools and not only the ten commandments but a damn large crucifix would be sported on courtroom walls.. No, what's turned our country into a theocracy is those retarded securalists who have to find SOMETHING to complain about..

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Spelljammer
Why must you all take everything so seriously? It's just one guy's opinion..
One guy who seems to have a relatively large following and large amounts of financial backing. Don't worry about that Hitler fella he's just one guy...

The Christian Right are powerless? The Bush Administration owes a great deal of it's election win to the Christian Right. The first world country Israel receives huge amounts of US foreign aid because of the influence of the Christian Right.

Bardock42
Well the thing is not that I disagree as to Assasinations...I think they are an acceptable Tool in leading a country.....but someone who claims to be a spokesman of this guy Jesus (remember turn the cheek, those without sin.....) shouldn't really argue for Killing another Human Being.....

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Spelljammer
My post above you agrees with you tottaly but from a differant perspective. The Christian right has absolutely no power in today's society. If that were true, people would have Bible study in public schools and not only the ten commandments but a damn large crucifix would be sported on courtroom walls.. No, what's turned our country into a theocracy is those retarded securalists who have to find SOMETHING to complain about..

You're approaching my post from the perspective that I don't realize there is a distinct difference between 'christians' and 'the christian right'. But, we're talking about Pat Robertson, and his followers. You know, the people who sit at home and watch mass and church services on Tv, rather than go out and make a difference in the name of their beliefs. The kind of people who have been force-fed this bullshit about "doing what's right" and how that involves sending in their money. The kind of people who represent a HUGE number of christians in that they have no real connection to theri god..because they allow people like Pat Robertson think for them. What is Pat Robertson concerned with? Buying a new suit? Maybe a new house? for people like this, religion is just a bastardized aspect of "must see TV".

The Omega

Darth Jello
Pat Robertson is perhaps the biggest terrorist mastermind on the face of the earth. He's funded every single genocidal regime in Africa, central, and south america. He spends "donation" money on diamond mining (a hell of a lot of which goes to al qaida). In fact, he's not even a minister!!! he was defrocked over twenty years ago and yet slippery shits like bush and sean hannity still insist on calling him "reverand". This guy has the blood of millions on his fat litte hands and if anyone should be taken care of, it's him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.