Fgm (Female Circumcision)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Otaku
Whats your opinion about it?Turns out tthere are nor laws against it.

PS,It means Female Circumsision.

xmarksthespot
No laws about it in which country? To my knowledge female genital mutilation isn't legal in my country.

Bardock42
I am very positive it's illegal here too....

debbiejo
It's done in Africa...There was a model who spoke out against it.....It's a real problem there.....Just terrible..They also do other bizarre things to their women to make sure they won't be cheating....They sew them up and then un sew them, then sew them up again.....When ever their men want sex, they get un sewed....then it's back to the sewing up again.....JUST TERRIBLE...I can't remember this model, but she was speaking out on TV a few years back...

xmarksthespot
Uh... I don't know about the sewing thing. I think the FGM that's being referred to is the mutilation/removal of prepubescent girls' clitorides.

Otaku
Originally posted by debbiejo
It's done in Africa...There was a model who spoke out against it.....It's a real problem there.....Just terrible..They also do other bizarre things to their women to make sure they won't be cheating....They sew them up and then un sew them, then sew them up again.....When ever their men want sex, they get un sewed....then it's back to the sewing up again.....JUST TERRIBLE...I can't remember this model, but she was speaking out on TV a few years back...

That same model said a form of FGM was legal in America.She said we were talking about a little incision in the clitoris or who do you call it in English.

Capt_Fantastic
Plain and simple, this practice..no matter if it's legal or illegal...or what country it happens in...is barbaric and symptomatic of a culture that operates on values from the dark ages.

Despite that, some of the instances of this happening are based on religious beliefs.... That being said, who are we to say it should or shouldn't happen? It all depends on the womans willingness to have it happen. The only difference in this, is that I've never heard of any woman wanting this to happen to her.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Otaku
That same model said a form of FGM was legal in America.She said we were talking about a little incision in the clitoris or who do you call it in English.

I know, I was just also saying what other strange practices they do in Africa.

FeceMan
I am a very naughty boy and threw aside any attempt at tolerance when having to write a journal about this practice in my Global Issues class.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Plain and simple, this practice..no matter if it's legal or illegal...or what country it happens in...is barbaric and symptomatic of a culture that operates on values from the dark ages.

Despite that, some of the instances of this happening are based on religious beliefs.... That being said, who are we to say it should or shouldn't happen? It all depends on the womans willingness to have it happen. The only difference in this, is that I've never heard of any woman wanting this to happen to her.

Only place i've ever heard of a woman WANTING to do that to herself was in an ER episode sad .

~wickerman~

bardock

i think i saw a show about that. they said the do it to these poor girls when their only four or five and the most unclean tools around

debbiejo
Sounds like the same program......Women don't much say there, even over their own bodies....really sad

bardock
it is.the culture makes them think they are inferior.

Darth Jello
i think any kind of involuntary genital mutilation is immoral (and I'm Jewish!!!!)

Spelljammer
I thought it was just a snip of the skin like they do to men.. Genital mutilation isn't so much evil as it is wrong. What's the differance? Wrong is just something you don't do, even Hitler would squint his eyes and for a breif moment feel empathy.. It's like ****ing a chicken. Just wrong.

debbiejo
And do you all realize that means for many, though not all, that they would never experience an organism in their lives????

jaden101
a horrid practice...religion is no excuse...but there have been worse excuses for equally horrid acts

take the castrato of italy...young boys who are castrated at 8 or 9 years old to prevent the normal hormonal changes from occuring...why?...purely for entertainment...these boys would retain their high pitched voices and as adults would be part of the opera

the technique used was even worse however...castration is normally thought of as simply cutting off the testicals...not entirely so...one of the ways castration was achieved is that the boys testes were ground into paste while still inside the scrotum, by hand before being cut off...

i couldn't imagine anything worse

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Spelljammer
I thought it was just a snip of the skin like they do to men.. Genital mutilation isn't so much evil as it is wrong. What's the differance? Wrong is just something you don't do, even Hitler would squint his eyes and for a breif moment feel empathy.. It's like ****ing a chicken. Just wrong.

actually, it's not.

the original jewish practice was just a small snip of the foreskin, the current practice, as started by a corrupt rabbi during greek occupation excises the whole skin. (luckily my parents are very liberal jews)
when you take of the foreskin your removing a lot of skin, muscle tissue, nerve tissue and blood vessels. Contrary to popular belief, the forskin protects you from infection and injury by housing many of the same organisms that protect the vagina. Cleaning is real easy too. most importantly, it contains the frenulum and the rigid band, which are slightly more sexually sensitive than the clitoris and make sex more pleasurable for both parties.
bottom line, when you snip it off, you lose about a good 85% of your sexual sensitivity. so...sucks to be 20% of the planet that's circumcised.

Wickerman
experience an organism

Typo of the day laughing out loud

~wickerman~

debbiejo
laughing Now that would be different.....blink

xmarksthespot
Well if I'm to believe that the procedures in Nip/Tuck are plausible then the clitorides of women that have undergone FGM can be restored to an extent.

Storm
Despite that, some of the instances of this happening are based on religious beliefs....
Female circumcision is primarily a social and cultural practice, not a religious one. Custom and tradition are by far the most frequently cited reasons for FGM.

Darth Jello
you can restore just about anything physically. function is almost impossible to restore. especially with FGM since they usually excize the entire internal structure and then leave a small, sewed up hole.

debbiejo
I'm getting depressed...........

Gryn Jabar
Bah, savages.

lil bitchiness

Indeed. For many women this happens whiole they are still very young.

Some women never recover from the psychological drama, some contrqact infections and die.

Tiesto
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Uh... I don't know about the sewing thing. I think the FGM that's being referred to is the mutilation/removal of prepubescent girls' clitorides.
I think they did/do that in Egypt and other islamic countries.
And the sewing thing, I've heard that happens in Africa, but they just "unsew" it once, when the girl gets married.

Oh and strom's right is a tradition/culture thing, not religious.

Storm
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
The most severe form of female genital mutilation is infibulation. The external genitalia is removed and the remaining skin is sewn together with thorns or stitches and the legs may be bound together for up to 40 days.

Curl_Up&Dye
female circumcision is done to prevent women from ever enjoying sex.

which is wrong, because male circumcision doesnt seem to affect them any. male circumcision is more or less a matter of hygene ive heard.

but these are pre-pubescsent girls, who lets say are 10-11 years old...
not as babies like male circumcision

and its not performed with any anestesia, and normally done with unsterile and barbaric cutting tools such as metal shards and broken glass.

I do believe its illegal in the US, only because its unnecessary mutilation of a child.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Curl_Up&Dye
female circumcision is done to prevent women from ever enjoying sex.

which is wrong, because male circumcision doesnt seem to affect them any. male circumcision is more or less a matter of hygene ive heard.

that's a myth. circumcision destroys 85% of sexual sensitivity and leaves you open to disease MORE readily. it was originally used to prevent masturbation in the united states and was invented by egyptians as a way to brand slaves.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.