ROTK Mistake.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grand Moff Gav
During their stint in fangorn forest Merry and Pippin drink the entdraugh which makes them taller,this can be seen in the extended DVD.However during Aragon/Strider/Elessar's corenation the four Hobits are lined up but Merry and Pippen are not taller than Sam and Frodo.

Smodden
O H !!! M Y !!!! G O D !!!!!

Elessea
That is because by that point in the story, a great deal of time has passed and the ent draught has worn off by then..

'I know there are other threadds like this, but I am too lazy and busy and tired to look the links up. Just use the search button please!

Grand Moff Gav
the ent draught doesnt wear off it lasts forever.

Mandos
Elessea, you dissapoint me.

Elessea
Originally posted by Grand Moff Gav
the ent draught doesnt wear off it lasts forever.
No it doesnt....once you are no longer drinking it and out of Fangorn forest it no longer affects you. Read a book.

Originally posted by Mandos
Elessea, you dissapoint me.
And just how do I manage to do that?

Mandos
Never mind, you were right. I've read the book. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Grand Moff Gav
As have I and quite clearly in JRR Tolkeins extended writings he says that Merry and Pippen are the tallest hobbits ever.When they go back to the shire.

Batman Returns
As have I and quite clearly in JRR Tolkeins extended writings he says that Merry and Pippen are the tallest hobbits ever.When they go back to the shire.

well the films missed something alittle. big woop. not that big of a deal to me, i still love'em to death. smile

despite my SN, i am actually a HUGE LOTR's fanatic.

The Ones
big whoop wanna fight about it!?

Batman Returns
Originally posted by The Ones
big whoop wanna fight about it!?

LMAO, sure!!! mad rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

ESB-1138
You're complaining on something as small as that? In the Fellowship of the Ring; Frodo and Sam were taller then Merry and Pippin.

DarkC
Why does this matter, really? One small detail missed.

Batman Returns
Originally posted by DarkC
Why does this matter, really? One small detail missed.

exactly. so what? no skin off the movies nose, lol.

DarthLazious
I never noticed that before..I guess I will be watching ROTK tonight.

The Inkeeper
Holy shit i am just going to have to take my RotK DVD back now.

And also I think i remember reading that once you stop drinkin entdraught it stops working. But i also remember Merry and Pippin being the tallest hobbits ever, the freaks.

Kwea
In FOTR the SHOULD have been smaller than Frodo and Sam...they BECAME the tallest hobbits because of the Ent draught.

They don't get to Fangorn before they leave Hobbiton.

Plus Ent draught never wears off.

DanielLB
ROTK: Merry says: Everythings back to normal!!!!

Hint there: it must of worn off-dont forget-the film isnt exactly the same as the book!

Blue_Butterfly
lol to be honest with you I didnt realize that till you just said something.

Bar-en-Danwedh
i was waiting for it when i saw ROTK at the movies...

(it was one of the many side stories that i loved that never quite made it to the films)

but... oh well.

next to loosing,
-Eomers "Death" Charge
-The Barrow Whight
-the evening with the elves (FOTR)
-the wolves in the snow
-Glorfindel
-the ringwraiths breath attack in bree
-fatty bulgers run for his life
-Farmer maggots "Bugger off or my dog will maul you" speech to the ringwraith
-Denethor and the Palantir
-the reforging of Narsil in FOTR
-prince imrahil (sp)
-half of Barlimans part
-Radagast
-and what the hell... Tom Bombadil.

a couple of hobbit inches sort of fade into obscurity really...

either way i love the films.

Jaro
I did not like Tom Bombadil. That chapter was boring. Only chapter I did not like but the movies did make some stuff cooler. Like:
-Witch-King storming Minas Tirith and faces down Gandalf the White
-Elves coming to the aid of Rohan in Helms Deep
-Faramir takes Frodo and Sam to Osgiliath
-Army of the Dead at the Siege of Gondor
-Faramir riding through the Great Gates being dragged by his horse
-Eowyn taking Merry along with her
-Merry going to the Black Gate instead of just Pippin

Discos
why not point out that when the camera is behind all 4 actors, you notice the child doubles are not to the accuracy of the real actors.

This thread is stupid, shouldnt even post.

Celestial
Watch the end of the extended Two Towers. Merry is measuring himself to Pippin, Pippin turns and asks Merry, 'what's wrong?' and Merry says, 'oh nothing. Everything is just back to normal.'

DanielLB
Originally posted by Celestial
Watch the end of the extended Two Towers. Merry is measuring himself to Pippin, Pippin turns and asks Merry, 'what's wrong?' and Merry says, 'oh nothing. Everything is just back to normal.'

I said that in the last page.....obviously nobody was listening to me sad laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.