Superman vs Black Adam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
After the conclusion of the Action Comics #830 it appears that Superman and Black Adam are gonna throw down. BA is powered by magic and is ruthless and just dont give a sh!t. Makes for a interesting battle.

Who wins?

( I searched for this battle and nothing came up)

Juntai
Black Adam is one of the coolest characters in comics, but lately Supes has been on an entirely new level. They'll make it good, but not THAT good. Supes wins.

jrodslam
Well Black Adam IS smarter and more ruthless than Captain Marvel. Hes also a better fighter and warrior. The down side is that his weakness is the same as Marvel so Superman could try to use the lightning against him.

Hopefully Adam is smarter than that and wont try it. I also think Adam wont submit to using the lightning like Billy does. They are just as equal as if Superman was fighting Cap, but like stated, Black Adam is more of a ruthless fighter.

Im going to have to say Black Adam dominates, but the fight is interrupted by someone. Possibly Captain Marvel or Wonder Woman.

HigH ScholaR
or a gorilla

yep a talking gorilla

olympian
"Black Adam is one of the coolest characters in comics, but lately Supes has been on an entirely new level. They'll make it good, but not THAT good. Supes wins."

You mean above the high top tier? Nah thats Heralds and Thanos.

Its a tossup the way they are wrtten. Then again any of the two can win.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by olympian
"Black Adam is one of the coolest characters in comics, but lately Supes has been on an entirely new level. They'll make it good, but not THAT good. Supes wins."

You mean above the high top tier? Nah thats Heralds and Thanos.

Its a tossup the way they are wrtten. Then again any of the two can win.

Remeber the Power scale in DC is much greater and Supes is able to beat Thor who is Surfer level smile

-

Anyway Black Adam has orders to "Start drawing some blood", It should have some Action then! Unlike House of M. smile

jrodslam
I have a feeling its gonna be a bad day for Supes.

olympian
"Remeber the Power scale in DC is much greater and Supes is able to beat Thor who is Surfer level "

But Black Adam its not Marvel, therefore its not in his contract, that hes weaker, ehhh Whirly.

cool

Besides as cannon, Superman likes to get spunked. Adam likes to deliver. Its a match made in heaven.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by jrodslam
I have a feeling its gonna be a bad day for Supes.

I think so, but we know he will win in the endsmile

olympian
Is Byrne still drawing the title? I had hopes he would just leave. There are better artists for a writter like Gail.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
I think so, but we know he will win in the endsmile

Or get saved.

Whirlysplatt
Or get saved.

I suspect win Gail will lay the CM myth to rest imo

Sentry
Superman will be losing the battle and then low and behold, Captain Marvel appears and saves Superman's life.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Sentry
Superman will be losing the battle and then low and behold, Captain Marvel appears and saves Superman's life.

laughing out loud possible but unlikely smile

leonidas
<<After the conclusion of the Action Comics #830 it appears that Superman and Black Adam are gonna throw down. BA is powered by magic and is ruthless and just dont give a sh!t. Makes for a interesting battle.
Who wins?>>

don't know, but a great and decisive battle between these 2 has been coming for DECADES! this is my dc dream match. . .

love

kgkg
50/50

I give edge to Black Adam, because he is a badass.

But Superman in an Alternate took out the JlA

Including Hal, Flash etc.

Superman is bad ass he can defiantly take Black Adam if he using going all out.

hawkwind
in a real fight.black adam would whip his @$$. if DC was/is smart black adam would whip his @$$.i mean really don't you wanna see black adam whip his @$$.

superman302
If supes dont hold back he can take him.

ZephroCarnelian
Supes will decimate him. It could be a good down the wire match. But I don't think it would be. Supes is just all round - as KG said - badass.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Supes will decimate him. It could be a good down the wire match. But I don't think it would be. Supes is just all round - as KG said - badass.
indeed he issmile

jrodslam
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian

Deciamte Black Adam? Highly doubtful. Theres no other way than to go down to the wire.

Captain Marvel and Black Adam argueably have better durability than Superman slightly. We all know that heat vision would have no effect at all. Pound for pound they are equal. BA just has more rage and is a smarter fighter than Billy.

Black Adam is basically a focused Captain Marvel. And more badass at that.

And yea Superman is badass too.

hawkwind
if i was the writer black adam would absolutely kick superman's @$$

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by hawkwind
if i was the writer black adam would absolutely kick superman's @$$

But your notsmile

hawkwind
But your notsmile and DC does not realize the massive revenue i would bring them.

yahman
Deciamte Black Adam? Highly doubtful. Theres no other way than to go down to the wire.

Captain Marvel and Black Adam argueably have better durability than Superman slightly. We all know that heat vision would have no effect at all. Pound for pound they are equal. BA just has more rage and is a smarter fighter than Billy.

And yea Superman is badass too.

The heat vision doesnt effect him ?

Mann he is durable smile big grin

jrodslam
Uhh Ohh. So it begins. Cant wait to see the rest.

http://img312.imageshack.us/img312/7047/ac12mf.th.jpg
http://img312.imageshack.us/img312/273/ac21qc.th.jpg
http://img312.imageshack.us/img312/4783/ac33db.th.jpg
http://img312.imageshack.us/img312/7128/ac43oy.th.jpg

jrodslam
Bump.

Just to see the scans.

Juntai

And yea Superman is badass too. in the new action comics 831, the one the clips from above are from... when Superman is smashing Black Adam,...Superman keeps explaining how Black Adam is faster and stronger than CM, and how he's a better fighter with more experience... but then Superman says "Let's end this." And flies at Black Adam, and BA turns around... giving up...and Superman stops his hand right at the back of his head and says. "That punch would have split the moon in half."

leonidas
so, jun, what exactly are you saying? would supes have beaten him?

snoopdogg
I think Black Adam realized he couldnt beat Superman so he turned his back on him.

Superman told BA that he took a risk by doing that cause that punch would have split a moon in half. BA then said I knew you wouldnt hit a man from behind.

snoopdogg
Here is a pic of what was actually said.

leonidas
a testament to how powerful adam is that supes would risk hitting him that hard. and funny how everyone claims supes doesn't have 'world smashing might'. seems he was pretty cavalier about throwing a punch that could smash a moon . . .

King KAM
CM thrashed black adam.....but then again CM is the man...i love that dude, his cape is soooooo much cooler than supes.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Here is a pic of what was actually said. Let me try and post it one more time.

My computer is acting gay and sh!t.

King KAM
Supes hits hard enough to kill the hulk i 1 blow, he just pulls his punches....

snoopdogg
I bet that punch he was gonna hit Black Adam with was the same punch he used to knock Thor out.

The infamous "Thor buster" punch.

snoopdogg
Here is the pic I was trying to post before.

jrodslam
It was a good fight, but i think it was pretty even more or less. BA having the sliiiight edge. Anyone else agree with me?

"I bet that punch he was gonna hit Black Adam with was the same punch he used to knock Thor out.

The infamous "Thor buster" punch."

True. However snoop, i dont think it would have knocked him out. From the back? Probably. But head on, I dont know. Thats just my opinion.

joesha28
Sorry boys, but sad to say, Superman shows thing that he cun win this fight. But Black Adam did. BA was a bit mind controlled and was pulling his punches. Superman on the other hand was trying hard to beat a toned down BA. I would not say that BA won that will be unfair but it's a glimps that if a all out fight, Black Adam might just put off the "Superman-buster" on Supes.

Black Adam has more than CM of what it takesto beat Superman.

joesha28
Black Adam is stronger than Captain Marvel because of his patheon gods. CM strength comes from Hercules while BA is Amon who is indeed RA, head god of eygpt.

joesha28
BA wins.

olympian
Courtesy of SHC:

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/1002/041cx.jpg
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7695/05068oe.jpg
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4568/115lq.jpg
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/1410/123qv.jpg
http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/1524/155wx.jpg
http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/4485/165lx.jpg
http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/6186/173fs.jpg
http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/7865/180aa.jpg
http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/6458/199sc.jpg

He sure seemed alot worried.

" sigh, yeah yeah do the thingie you like to do so much ".

olympian
Cool fight. The guy who does the inks seems a good artist by himself.

Juntai
Originally posted by joesha28
Sorry boys, but sad to say, Superman shows thing that he cun win this fight. But Black Adam did. BA was a bit mind controlled and was pulling his punches. Superman on the other hand was trying hard to beat a toned down BA. I would not say that BA won that will be unfair but it's a glimps that if a all out fight, Black Adam might just put off the "Superman-buster" on Supes.

Black Adam has more than CM of what it takesto beat Superman. No, Black Adam was not pulling punches, pulled punches would not hit harder than Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel on the other hand, is usually pulling his punches, like many heros. This is why BA might have seemed to be hitting harder. Or perhaps that when Superman thought that.. he had just gotten completely sucker punched. The only thing Black Adam has 'more of what it takes to beat Superman' over CM is experience and mindset. Other than that, regardless of what they SAY is the god linked their powers, they both say the same magic word, and the same guy grants them the very same power, and if he's granting it to more than one, the energy is dimished in each above the initial caller of The Thunder to spread to a new caller. Anyways, Black Adam knew he wasn't beating Superman, so he opted for a settlement. Superman was only just about to start showing what he really had when BA gave up. BA is one of my favorite characters, but he's not beating Supes.

leonidas
agreed. would have taken supes at his max to end it though, and i doubt it would have ended quickly or neatly.

olympian
"and if he's granting it to more than one, the energy is dimished in each above the initial caller of The Thunder to spread to a new caller"

The power sharing doesnt apply anymore. They can be all at full power regardless of the other being powered up or not.

"Anyways, Black Adam knew he wasn't beating Superman, so he opted for a settlement"

Looking for the scans Superman its figthing harder than Adam is. And they still looked even.

Juntai
"and if he's granting it to more than one, the energy is dimished in each above the initial caller of The Thunder to spread to a new caller"

The power sharing doesnt apply anymore. They can be all at full power regardless of the other being powered up or not.

"Anyways, Black Adam knew he wasn't beating Superman, so he opted for a settlement"

Looking for the scans Superman its figthing harder than Adam is. And they still looked even. Except for that fact Superman is saving lives while 'putting him down for a beatdown', and in most every picture he was narrowed eyed and teeth clenched, straining.. and then he turned around because he didn't want to feel that moon splitting punch and whatever afterwards over some guy mind controlling him to punch Superman once.

olympian
"Except for that fact Superman is saving lives while 'putting him down for a beatdown', and in most every picture he was narrowed eyed and teeth clenched, straining.."

Yes thats why the " figthing harder ".

"and then he turned around because he didn't want to feel that moon splitting punch and whatever afterwards over some guy mind controlling him to punch Superman once."

To tell him what he was already saying in the beginning of the fight.

That the punch happened because of Dr Phsyco.

He was so worried that looked bored at Superman using HV.

They took both punches and tested strenght, without injuries.

Thats a stalemate.

snoopdogg
BA exploited Supermans greatest weakness and that is the safety of civilians.

Once BA realized that Superman was starting to crank it up a notch he took the easy way out and turned his back on Superman cause he knew Superman woudnt hit him in the back.

Regardless it was a stalemate in my opinion but BA was gonna loose and he knew it.

Superman was getting ready to unleash the "Thor-buster" punch. If he would have connected with that punch it might have ended the fight.

Solidus Snake
might? adam would be looking for fragments of his head for years to come

leonidas
<<Superman was getting ready to unleash the "Thor-buster" punch. If he would have connected with that punch it might have ended the fight.>>

the 'thor-buster' punch!? BWHAHAHAHHAHAHA!! that's BRILLIANT! that's the best thing i've heard 'round here since someone compared mr. myxlpyk to bugs bunny! so, what you're saying is he had the dial set to 11 for that punch.

olympian
"Once BA realized that Superman was starting to crank it up a notch he took the easy way out and turned his back on Superman cause he knew Superman woudnt hit him in the back."

If you read the beginning you will know why.

"Regardless it was a stalemate in my opinion but BA was gonna loose and he knew it"

There is nothing to back it up. He finished the battle as he wanted, both matched strenght and none got hurt. There is no win and loss in this situation.

Except one wanted to fight and the other didnt cared.

"<<Superman was getting ready to unleash the "Thor-buster" punch. If he would have connected with that punch it might have ended the fight.>>"

Black Adam was just waiting an opportunity where he would unleashed the Hulk_ Onslaught_ punch back and Kal would be pieces in the floor.

Then both Thor and Hulk would show up to claim the rights to it.

Juntai
"Except for that fact Superman is saving lives while 'putting him down for a beatdown', and in most every picture he was narrowed eyed and teeth clenched, straining.."

Yes thats why the " figthing harder ".

"and then he turned around because he didn't want to feel that moon splitting punch and whatever afterwards over some guy mind controlling him to punch Superman once."

To tell him what he was already saying in the beginning of the fight.

That the punch happened because of Dr Phsyco.

He was so worried that looked bored at Superman using HV.

They took both punches and tested strenght, without injuries.

Thats a stalemate. I was talking about Black Adam being straining and teeth clenched and eyes narrowed... I guess I should have specified. Truth is though, neither of them had begun letting loose with the real deal yet or half the city would have went probably. I just happen to believe Superman would keep pushing the next level until it Adam was laying at his feet as a normal man.

Juntai
Originally posted by leonidas
<<Superman was getting ready to unleash the "Thor-buster" punch. If he would have connected with that punch it might have ended the fight.>>

the 'thor-buster' punch!? BWHAHAHAHHAHAHA!! that's BRILLIANT! that's the best thing i've heard 'round here since someone compared mr. myxlpyk to bugs bunny! so, what you're saying is he had the dial set to 11 for that punch. That was me that compared to bugs bunny and Mr Mxyz.

You guys got the dials thing all wrong.... It's not some kind of setting... Thor said "Only the strongest in 9 worlds could have. .. " . . because the Marvel Solar System only has 9 planets... Superman replied "In my world, the dials go up to 11" Refering to there being 11 planets in DC's Solar System, just like in real life. . He's the strongest in at least 11 planets, which is more than 11. smile

snoopdogg
I actually went through and counted who landed more offensive shots.

Superman landed 4 to where Black Adam Landed 3.

Whirlysplatt

the 'thor-buster' punch!? BWHAHAHAHHAHAHA!! that's BRILLIANT! that's the best thing i've heard 'round here since someone compared mr. myxlpyk to bugs bunny! so, what you're saying is he had the dial set to 11 for that punch.

I agree "Thor buster punch" is a suberb phrase smile

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Juntai
That was me that compared to bugs bunny and Mr Mxyz.

You guys got the dials thing all wrong.... It's not some kind of setting... Thor said "Only the strongest in 9 worlds could have. .. " . . because the Marvel Solar System only has 9 planets... Superman replied "In my world, the dials go up to 11" Refering to there being 11 planets in DC's Solar System, just like in real life. . He's the strongest in at least 11 planets, which is more than 11. smile

Juntai much as I like and respect you, I believe this is where dials to 11 comes from.

The eighties film "This is spinal tap"

Dials to 11 sketch :-

DIBERGI: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?

TUFNEL: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?

DIBERGI: I don't know.

TUFNEL: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?

DIBERGI: Put it up to eleven.

TUFNEL: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.

DIBERGI: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?

TUFNEL: (Extremely long pause) These go to eleven.

Juntai
lmao, that is interesting, but in the context.. Thor was talking about planets, and Superman was refering to being even stronger than someone in 9 planets range.. and its a fact that IRL we have 11 confirmed planets in our system.

leonidas
not sure if that is where it came from, but his point was abundantly clear -- I CAN REACH A LEVEL YOU CANNOT!!

big grin

Whirlysplatt
lmao, that is interesting, but in the context.. Thor was talking about planets, and Superman was refering to being even stronger than someone in 9 planets range.. and its a fact that IRL we have 11 confirmed planets in our system.

but he said "dials to 11" it could be an amalgham of ideas, who knowssmile

Juntai
not sure if that is where it came from, but his point was abundantly clear -- I CAN REACH A LEVEL YOU CANNOT!!

big grin Exactly.

yep, who knows.

idiotlackey

olympian

yahman

yahman
but he said "dials to 11" it could be an amalgham of ideas, who knowssmile

Oh cum on its got to be from that. big grin

Fanboy
Teth Adam's human body has been super-charged with the magical energy of the Godwave. This grants him the stamina of Shu, the swiftness of Heru (which enables flight), the strength of Amon, the wisdom of Zehuti, the power of Aton and the courage of Mehen. Does this mean he has the powers of egyptian gods?

LJ27
Who wins?

the Darkone
If black adam wanted to kill superman he could he's one of the few beings that can beside wonder woman and orion. Black Adam is more like Dr. Doom with strength and other abilities and that's scarey, black adam to me is like namor and dr.doom fuse together. Superman would have some serios problems in every way superman would have to kill balck adam if not black adam will kill him with out thinking twice.

Tron
It's been done.

Merging

Dethbyhashi
Superman takes this one Superman is Stronger and just more powerful he also has that immesurable Willpower to win for the Earth BA may win a couple rounds but Superman would just let go with his Super-Haymaker and knock his ass out

Mider
didnt black Adam already almost take out the JLA?

Black Adam
Happy Dance

Blair Wind
Press the respect thread and find out.....

Black Adam
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Press the respect thread and find out.....

I've seen it. I was the first to post on it after you.

Kind of funny. I had gotten my name changed only little while before you made the respect thread.

Blair Wind
I know...its for the others...I think I have the lowest amounts of posts ever that are not mine......I got....maybe three responses to my two pages worth of stuff.....

Blair Wind
sooo who wins evil face

OMNIKINETIC
SUPES STRUGGLES WITH CPT. MARVEL AND ADAM IS TOO MUCH FOR MARVEL...I SAY BLACK ADAM BECUASE HE'S TIGHTER

brainchild81
Black Adam

soleran30
Black Adam!

Black Adam
BLACK ADAM

Scoobless

He was talking about 9 worlds, not nine planets in a solar system (it's a norse legend thing)

The Nine Worlds

The "Dials go up to eleven" thing is clearly from the film "This is Spinal tap"

Scoobless
Double post

embarrasment

MattDay
superman

MattDay
supes almost laid a smack down on BA and he didnt wana know because he read the situation to a T that fighting supes would be a bad idea

Milkie
Black Adam

Milkie
Is it over... has Black Adam done it... has he... BEATEN SUPERMAN!

Dayscribe
With those magic charged punches, I'd go with Black Adam more times than not.

snoopdogg
When they fought and stalemated in Act. #831 Supes was holding back cause they were fighting in the city. BA never holds back.

Supes going all out might lay the smack down on Teth.

superkronick92
ba got punked by s-boy prime next issue a weakened supes beat on prime

snoopdogg
Originally posted by superkronick92
ba got punked by s-boy prime next issue a weakened supes beat on prime Dude I didn't read IC #7 yet. wink

Avalonofthewind
Superman.

Snoop already posted why.

Blair Wind
ba got punked by s-boy prime next issue a weakened supes beat on prime

a weakened Supes against a depowered S-Boy Prime.....and the fact that S-Boy Prime isnt effected by magic like Superman is makes the a>c , b<c so a>b theory invalid...magic plays an important part in all of this...

Validus
When they fought and stalemated in Act. #831 Supes was holding back cause they were fighting in the city. BA never holds back.

Everyone holds back. Superman is just more famous for that trait. I'd say Supes was taking that scuffle more seriously than Teth though.

D-Block
BA should win I mean Captain Marvel has beaten superman and we all know that CM holds back agaist SM but BA won't

badabing
Hasn't BA had his powers for a long time?

Milkie
Yep

superkronick92
a non- holding back supes could take cm and ba

Soleran
a non- holding back supes could take cm and ba

LOL yeah of course.................I mean normally Superman is only 96.73% most times its when he really steps it up.........................PSSHHTTT yea not against good ole BA, sorry not gonna happen.

snoopdogg
I am still trying to figure out why BA turned his back on Supes when he was gonna unleash the fury on him.

I think he thought that Supes was done playin and took the easy way out.

Soleran
Yeah and knowing BA he doesn't just sit around fighting all day long, he's a bit more clever then that normally. BA is the same guy who has the stones to fly through Spectre's Head/Face, I sincerely doubt Superman intimidated him with his up and coming "fury" what so ever.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Soleran
Yeah and knowing BA he doesn't just sit around fighting all day long, he's a bit more clever then that normally. BA is the same guy who has the stones to fly through Spectre's Head/Face, I sincerely doubt Superman intimidated him with his up and coming "fury" what so ever. BA knows what Supes is capable of and has a great deal of respect for him for a reason.

Soleran
Yes he respects the man however he doesn't fear his power, as I said in that little example BA doesn't fear power. He either respects you or you aren't worth his time or gets pimped smacked by SBP.................lol

Tron

I remember that issue, and BA was holding back too.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Tron
I remember that issue, and BA was holding back too. Maybe. But who do you think was holding back more? BA does not give a sh!t if he kills anybody. Supes does bigtime. And with all of those people around he was going easy.

Juntai
Maybe. But who do you think was holding back more? BA does not give a sh!t if he kills anybody. Supes does bigtime. And with all of those people around he was going easy. Both were holding back. A lot. Neither really wanted to fight, but both thought the other was being hostile.

Milkie
snoop is just being stubborn

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Milkie
snoop is just being stubborn Lets apply some common sense now. The other way isn't working.

If Supes and BA were actually fighting in Metropolis with people everywhere which guy do you think would hold back more?

That is the whole point I am trying to make. BA does not give a sh!t if anybody dies. Sure BA may have been holding back in Act. #831 but why did he quit fighitng when he saw Supes finally got p!ssed off? He knew Supes wouldn't hit him with his back turned. That right there shows who holds back more.

jrodslam
I dont think its fair to say that BA doesnt care about who dies, snoop. I mean he is honorable in a way, and wouldnt kill innocents methinks.erm

If they were fighting in Metropolis, Supes main concern would be to take the fight elsewhere or to finish the threat quickly. True Supes would be more concerned about the people there, but if they were fighting in Kahndaq, BA would be just as concerned about his people. I think they were holding back about the same. Supes maybe slightly more.

Milkie
Whatever.

Black Adam was a guest in America why would he just go fighting and not care life people died. That spells war. He was simply testing Superman.

D-Block
From the looks of the fight Supes was fighting harder than BA

snoopdogg
Originally posted by D-Block
From the looks of the fight Supes was fighting harder than BA Good point. Supes may have been going all out. BA was just playing with him it sounds.

D-Block
yep

D-Block
He wasn't playing but he hadn't begun to fight either

snoopdogg
yep Do you think BA could have ended the fight whenever he wanted?

D-Block
neither could have ended whenever they wanted unless one got a sucker punch

D-Block
He is a better hand to hand fighter than superman with the power to back it up

snoopdogg
He is a better hand to hand fighter than superman with the power to back it up You seem to know alot about BA.

Is there any advantage Superman has over BA?

D-Block
None I can think of freeze breath or heat vision won't do it

D-Block
can you think of some

snoopdogg
None I can think of freeze breath or heat vision won't do it So you think BA is stronger, faster, better fighter, and more durable?

D-Block
CM is Supes equal BA has powers from gods just like CM so BA is just as Strong,fast,a better fighter, and just as durable but Supes also has a weakness to magic

Milkie
So you think BA is stronger, faster, better fighter, and more durable?

They are about the same.

but someone correct me if i'm wrong but i've read that if Black Adam after a long fight if he says Shazam and turns into Normal Guy and says it once more He is as good as new.

D-Block
I don't really include the magic weakness because no one brings it up when Wonder Woman can't beat Supes you know

D-Block
Where did you read that

Milkie
I forgot

Milkie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.