Kun vs NJO luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atlant80
i know it has been done before but still. Talk to me

Darth_Janus
Does NJO cause the ground to shake when he walks or can freeze a whole senate building and kill a jedi lightsaber grandmaster in about ten seconds?

He's good, and this is probably a very close fight, but my money is on Kun.

atlant80
janus im very sorry to say this but you hate NJO so if it is ever close like this you will be anti luke. can kun kill 1000 vong 8 slayers and the overlord?

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by atlant80
janus im very sorry to say this but you hate NJO so if it is ever close like this you will be anti luke. can kun kill 1000 vong 8 slayers and the overlord?

Yes. It's called detonating a star system.

And don't call me anti-Luke. I'm fair to Luke, but given the healthy and accurate reminder of Kun's powers by Lord Darkstar just recently reminds me that people don't give Kun his due on this forum because it's not a game or a movie.

atlant80
sorry then and when did kun detonate a star system i didnt read those comics yet

Darth_Janus
Ah, but he did. Rather easily too. But he is a Sith... He and NJo Luke could possibly be very close in overall power, but Luke uses it for less aggressive means. I dunno. Last I heard NJO Luke uses lightning, which is an aggressive power.

Fishy
Which is even more NJO bullshit... Seeing as NJO Luke is typical bullshit and I can not judge his powers fairly but I know that Exar Kun is one hell of a powerful Sith Lord I will have to say Kun wins. And don't say I'm not informed enough on NJO Luke, I've heard more then most people would want to hear, and that still hasn't got me convinced that he could even kill Mace Windu in a lightsaber fight. Let alone stand somebody like Exar Kun and with the force powers that Exar Kun has... Well Luke doesn't have a chance IMO.

Lord Simus
I think it was because he instantly kills people with that green lightning.

ssj3gohan007
Luke is more powerful than kun it will probably be very close

but luke may win this

Darth_Janus
Which is queer and probably has an explanation on par with the bullshit of having a race using organic superior technology and being unaffected directly by the Force.

Just... stupid.

Darth Faunus
This would be a close fight, easily capable of going either way. I personally hold Luke above Exar in raw power, but only just. However, with Sith Magic, the faith or Ragnos himself, and a dueling style like his, Exar makes up for it. Like I said; it could go either way.

atlant80
that green lightning killed a weak slayer Kun could of used a force crush to kill any slayer and luke could use any power because he thinks there is no LS or DS so he cant fall to the DS and that is part of the NJO bull****

Illustrious
I don't see Luke countering Kun's personal lightsaber abilities, especially since he so easily overpowered a Grandmaster. Luke didn't make the ground shake with his raw power, and detonating a star, freezing a senate, and not having the tilt of smoke and mirrors blown up your ass, are all pluses.

I give this to Exar Kun, he needs to get his due around here.

Darth_Janus
Agreed. Exar Kun is quite the badass.

ssj3gohan007
Luke is calm and intellgent Jedi Master with higer raw power

Exar is hot tempered, rash, arrogant and probably not as intelligent as luke

So its like fighting just a more powerful version of Anakin Skywalker. So luke can use his smarts and calmness to win, anything is possible. Luke could pull an obi-wan here, or he hay may have greater power and win that way too. So either way luke has a chance of victory.

Darth Zayzia
Originally posted by ssj3gohan007
Luke is calm and intellgent Jedi Master with higer raw power

Exar is hot tempered, rash, arrogant and probably not as intelligent as luke

So its like fighting just a more powerful version of Anakin Skywalker. So luke can use his smarts and calmness to win, anything is possible. Luke could pull an obi-wan here, or he hay may have greater power and win that way too. So either way luke has a chance of victory.

This is unfounded. Exar is not as hot tempered as people make him out to be. Trust me I read the Tales of The Jedi comics and Kun was far more brilliant than people give him credit for. Also what you refer to as "pulling an Obi" is to say the least something that cannot be debated to any true extent since you are debating an unknown variable.

Fishy
What makes you think Exar Kun is an idiot? He's no Anakin he knows how to fight, if he didn't he wouldn't have lived as long as he did.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Darth Zayzia
This is unfounded. Exar is not as hot tempered as people make him out to be. Trust me I read the Tales of The Jedi comics and Kun was far more brilliant than people give him credit for. Also what you refer to as "pulling an Obi" is to say the least something that cannot be debated to any true extent since you are debating an unknown variable.

Thank Artoo!

Exactly what I've been arguing the entire time. Every gives Kun no benefit of the doubt, and says he's rash and arrogant until it becomes dogma around here for all the noobs who don't know anything about Exar.

Exar is sneaky, if you read TOTJ, he knows how to get what he wants, he's extremely efficient, and he's definitely more powerful AND intelligent than he gets credit for.

NJO fanboys BE DAMNED.

Darth_Janus
Exactly. She fits in nicely.
The ranks of the jawas have grown in might!

Oot33ni3!

Illustrious
Oootenie!

atlant80
i want to buy every comic with Kun in it but i have a limited budget which ones should i buy and go jawas

Darth Faunus
Well put Zayzia. You're a good one to have around here.

Darth_Nefarus
I only chose NJO Luke because he has two things no one else has.

1. Incredible force potential, argueably the same as Anakins
2. Ninja luck skills he got from Obi-Wan

Watch the movies, Luke always gets out of a situation like Obi-Wan Kaninja.

Luke's got the moves to take this dude out, but it wouldn't surprised me if he lost.

Darth Zayzia
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Well put Zayzia. You're a good one to have around here.
big grin

ssj3gohan007
yeh luke has a chance of winning, even if theres no guarantee

to tell you the truth there is a rarely ever a guarantee

alot of the victories in star wars were like lucky sucker punches or cheap shots.

So there are so many factors to keep in mind.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
I only chose NJO Luke because he has two things no one else has.

1. Incredible force potential, argueably the same as Anakins
2. Ninja luck skills he got from Obi-Wan

Watch the movies, Luke always gets out of a situation like Obi-Wan Kaninja.

Luke's got the moves to take this dude out, but it wouldn't surprised me if he lost.

Two things NO ONE has?

1) We know Anakin has the greatest potential of the movie period, but to say he greatly outclasses EVERYONE, including Kun who Vodo said was his best student he ever trained, would be a bit foolish.

2.) Ninja Luck skills, yeah. I call PIS.

Darth Zayzia
yeh luke has a chance of winning, even if theres no guarantee

to tell you the truth there is a rarely ever a guarantee

alot of the victories in star wars were like lucky sucker punches or cheap shots.

So there are so many factors to keep in mind.

It is impossible to debate "luck" because "luck" if you even believe in such a thing is for all intents completely random.

Fishy
You are not argueing who wins without any doubt here, you are argueing who is most likely to win.

Who has the advantage over the other if they would ever face each other. No it does not gaurentee a victory the most powerful does not always win, but thats what you are debating about, if you were debating about sure things this forum wouldn't exist.

Illustrious
Well said, Fishy. Kun has a better chance of winning than NJO Luke.

ssj3gohan007
you got a point there,

i heard many people say that the only people claim that the only people that have a good chance of beating Luke would be Anakin if he had reached full potential. and possibly Marka Ragnos at his prime

Illustrious
you got a point there,

i heard many people say that the only people claim that the only people that have a good chance of beating Luke would be Anakin if he had reached full potential. and possibly Marka Ragnos at his prime

Those people have not read too many comics and are completely enamored by Movies and NJO.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by atlant80
i want to buy every comic with Kun in it but i have a limited budget which ones should i buy and go jawas

If you have limited funds, I suggest searching for the information either online or the possibility exists for fielsharing programs.

Darth_Janus
And folks, remember the object of the versus thread is to find out who has the odds in their favor. If it's too close, the ideal thing to do is to put it into context (Location, etc.) and then duke it out.

atlant80
my favorite location yavin 4 forest with unlimited trees to throw and kun gets no advantege here

ssj3gohan007
Luke might win

Darth_Glentract
Although the ground shakes under Exar's feet, that is probably intimidation, a feat Luke could replicate if necessary. Kun wins by a tiny bit though.

ssj3gohan007
it could go either way pretty much

atlant80
bump

Lord Darkstar
Kun wins this, for these reasons, here is my Exar info, hopefully this will help:

Exar was an exceptional duelling master.
He also was able to freeze the entire (which had jedi that were in the building) with one spell and then resuce his apprentice and kill an extremely powerful jedi master and nobody could do a thing about it. This jedi master was also very similar to Yoda and been training for 600 years, also remember that the jedi master was training during the height or war in the republic so he knew battle better than Yoda did.
The jedi order also sent thousands of jedi to kill Exar. He was able to repel all of them long enough to preserve his spirit for thousands of years.
And Exar did study alot, Vodo-Baas says that Exar is the most powerful student he has ever trained and the most powerful force user of that time, and Vodo was similar to Yoda, he trained lots of jedi over a long period of time, and if Exar was the best, that means something.
Exar also studied alot, he was fasinated by the sith teachings in Vodo's holocron. Exar also learned under the ancient sith, like Freedon Nadd and Marka Ragnos, he would still be very smart. It is also worth noting that the ancient sith said that Exar would be the one to bring about the golden age of the sith and said that he was the Dark Lord of the Sith, over Ulic-Qel Droma.
Exar Kun was also able to destroy the entire massassani race, quite a feat. He drained their life force and used it to prolong his life.

His apprentice, Ulic, was a powerful jedi and dueller in his own right, but Exar was his unquestioned master and the ancient sith said that Kun would be the dark lord, not Ulic, this means that Kun is stronger than Ulic was.
He was also able to hide as a sith in the middle of the jedi stronghold (Ossus) and recruit jedi to become sith, without the jedi even knowing what he was doing, that's got to take some pretty impreesive power. He decived the best jedi in the order, took sith stuff and recruited new allies from the midst of the jedi ranks, lied to the jedi masters, and they couldn't even tell it was going on! Also, this planet (and its sun) were later blown up by Kun so anybody after him would have no knowledge of those things that Exar knew.
Also, he invented his own lightsaber, Exar was the person who invented the double blade lightsaber. He also designed his own unique style of duelling, something that he never tought to anyone and was lost after his defeat. So nobody other than him and Ulic had any idea what to expect from him (everyone else he faced ended up dead)
He is also an amazing dueller, after he decided to try against Vodo (a lightsaber master), Vodo died in around 10 seconds, before that Kun was just toying with him. Toying with him! In the middle of the senate chamber on the same planet as the jedi temple, he could still toy with one of the best duellers in the jedi order and win hands down.
Kun also learned loads of stuff from Ossus, which was later destroyed by him so anyone after him couldn't have learned anything from it, he also used sith holocrons and had the private notes of Naga Sadow, another sith who could blow up a sun. Naga was also a dark lord of the sith from 1000 years before Exar and was Marka Ragnos apprentice and had an amazing grasp of the dark side, Exar learned it all.
Kun was able to walk into the heart of the republic senate, freeze them all, kill their leader and a jedi master, and walk out, nobody could do a thing. This is in the heart of the jedi order! He was also able to kill a beast which is probably very similar to a terentek, or better, with very few problems. Exar was also able to walk into another jedi stronghold (Ossus), kill more jedi, steal the artifacts, and walk out again, unharmed. He was also able to destroy Freedon Nadd with no problems.

Think about how he died, he was faced against 10 000 jedi, and the republic fleet. Under those circumstances, anyone would have died. Exar died sure, but he was able to hold the entire fleet off with the force until he was able to figure out a plan to keep himself alive. Exar was able to kill off an entire race, numbering thousands, to keep himself alive, sure he was killed 4000 years later, but it still took 14 jedi, 12 padawans, Luke and Kuns old master to kill him. Think about it, 2 lightsabers, 12 padawans/knights, 2 jedi masters (including one of the most powerful jedi ever; Luke and the old version of Yoda, Vodo-Baas, he trained lots of jedi, for some reason I think of him like an old Yoda), to kill off Kun's 4000 year old ionized air particles! He must have been near godlike when he was alive.

When Kun walked, the ground shook underneath him from the shear power of the dark side eminating from his body.

Exar did invent his own style of lightsaber combat, the double blade, also, his double blade was different than any other double blade. He was able to move it faster and aim more than with other double blades. Also, since few people had never seen a double bladed sabre, it would throw them off. He can move his lightsaber so quickly that almost anyone he faced would be sliced before he knew what was going on.

Exar wore armor with a cortosis weave in it, allowing him to recieve hits from a lightsaber without doing him damage.

DarthMaul9123
This goes to skywalker

Lord Darkstar
why might I ask? I just gave loads of reasons as to why Kun wins, but you don't counter it or give reasons and examples as to why Luke would win. Please in the future try and provide reasons as to why you think a particiular way instead of just saying:

Luke
Exar
Luke
Exar
Luke and Exar
Yoda
Sidious
The jawas etc.

Darth_Janus
Darkstar, the jawas is a valid answer though. They just pwn.

atlant80
Do jawas for real have magic? i doubt it they still pwn

Darth Faunus
Darkstar, nice sig btw.

And atlant80. . . you know nothing of the Jawas if you doubt their possession of mighty magics.

atlant80
yea

Darth_Glentract
they teach the Sorcerers of Tund all the time.

Darth_Janus
Word. Jawas are the Creator race. That air you're breathing? They made it.

atlant80
god bless them or are jawas god as well? they are truly powerful

Illustrious
You mean "Artoo bless them."

Darth_Glentract
I bet they fart pure oxygen; the very air we breathe. Take a deep breathe; hold it for a few seconds and then breathe out. Ahhh. Nice Jawa fart.

atlant80
jawa cr@p is the ground thank artoo for jawa cr@p

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Word. Jawas are the Creator race. That air you're breathing? They made it.

whoa, really! I thought god made the air. And the jawa;s were his like duh... guardian angels.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
whoa, really! I thought god made the air. And the jawa;s were his like duh... guardian angels.

ssj3gohan007
Luke is seriosly underrated, he could win this, you never know

Darth Faunus
Luke? Underrated?!

ssj3gohan007
yes he is underrated

Darth Faunus
Um, no. Not by a disgustingly large margin. Exar is just that good. Now, of course Luke has a chance. It could go either way. But we're putting our money on Exar.

Rand al'Thor
yes he is underrated

Luke underrated!? Where have you been dude?

Darth Faunus
Tsah. That's what I said.

Nai Fohl
I hate NJO Luke in versus threads. Hell...

NJO Luke will defeat Kun.
For force powers they might be both very equal but since Luke
a) knows Sith powers
b) will use them because of NJO philosophy BS
c) will utilize his "bad" feelings to overcome Kun

That actually would make him more powerful than Kun because the real cool stuff Kun did was Sith magic. Now we know that Vodo simply resisted the effect of the spell Kun did freeze the Senate with so that kind of stuff may not affect powerful people and I guess NJO Luke can be considered more powerful than Vodo.

So we're coming to duelling skills. While Kun is - without a doubt - a major badass in lightsaber combat but he has two major problems here:

a) Luke is wearing two lightsabers and this is the worst thing that can happen to somebody with an double bladed lightsaber because the advantage of this weapon is nullified in this case

b) Luke - in terms of duelling skills - has to be considered to be a match for anyone else as he is so damn fast that he looks like wielding 20 lightsabers at once. So you can actually see him as a bigger version of Yoda (and believe me: I hate to do so because I hate this kind of NJO BS)

Now it's very hard to decide but since Luke could compete with thousands of aliens of whom one was to powerful for Kyp Durron (who is not that shabby himself) he might be able to kill Kun although this will be a nice fight to see and Kun might be able to kill Luke as well but I just say Luke has the better chance.

Darth Faunus
Well said. But as stated, the fight could just as easily go the other way.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Nai Fohl
I hate NJO Luke in versus threads. Hell...

NJO Luke will defeat Kun.
For force powers they might be both very equal but since Luke
a) knows Sith powers
b) will use them because of NJO philosophy BS
c) will utilize his "bad" feelings to overcome Kun

That actually would make him more powerful than Kun because the real cool stuff Kun did was Sith magic. Now we know that Vodo simply resisted the effect of the spell Kun did freeze the Senate with so that kind of stuff may not affect powerful people and I guess NJO Luke can be considered more powerful than Vodo.

So we're coming to duelling skills. While Kun is - without a doubt - a major badass in lightsaber combat but he has two major problems here:

a) Luke is wearing two lightsabers and this is the worst thing that can happen to somebody with an double bladed lightsaber because the advantage of this weapon is nullified in this case

b) Luke - in terms of duelling skills - has to be considered to be a match for anyone else as he is so damn fast that he looks like wielding 20 lightsabers at once. So you can actually see him as a bigger version of Yoda (and believe me: I hate to do so because I hate this kind of NJO BS)

Now it's very hard to decide but since Luke could compete with thousands of aliens of whom one was to powerful for Kyp Durron (who is not that shabby himself) he might be able to kill Kun although this will be a nice fight to see and Kun might be able to kill Luke as well but I just say Luke has the better chance.

WTF? Let meget this straight:

- He uses two blades suddenly.
- He can use the dark side equally.
- He 'looks' like he's swinging twenty blades.

What a crock of shit.

Illustrious

What a crock of shit.

Indeed, unfortunately, it is true. What a bunch of "unifying force."

Rand al'Thor

What a crock of shit.

It's true. Everyone who has read the NJO has said the exact same thing and Janus you know Nai always backs up his statements.

Darth Zayzia
Everytime I hear somthing new about NJO I hate it more and more.

Jaster Mereel
Originally posted by Darth Zayzia
Everytime I here somthing new about NJO I hate it more and more.

hehe.

Darth_Janus
I don't doubt Nai's data... I just... I think I need to break soemthing.

Lord Darkstar
I know that most of what you said is true Nai, I was just wondering where you got the two lightsaber's part, I cannot remember that at all excapt in a VERY specific time, before that never, after that never, just at the very start of the war. I could be wrong, but I would like some proof on that.

Lord Darkstar
Oh also, where did you get the bit that he was a master of sith stuff as well, Jacen used it, Kyp used it, Luke just used some unknown power, never sith stuff

Darth_Glentract
Ya, I thought Luke only used one lightsaber. I think he is thinking of when in TUF he kills Shimrra using two lightsabers, one of these was Anakin Solo's though.

Lord Darkstar
oh if that is why you think that he used two blades then I think I can solve that, he still only used one during the battle, just he brought along an extra incase he lost one, that is the one he tossed to Jacen. Or, since Jacen had been having force visions relating to this, Luke may have sensed that now was the time to bring it along and complete the vision.

Darth Faunus
He tossed Anakin's to Jacen, if I remember correctly.

Darth Sparhawk
Ah, NJO Luke can kill anything...

Fishy
You people make me so happy, not having NJO makes my day everytime I read a thread like this.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Lord Darkstar
I know that most of what you said is true Nai, I was just wondering where you got the two lightsaber's part, I cannot remember that at all excapt in a VERY specific time, before that never, after that never, just at the very start of the war. I could be wrong, but I would like some proof on that.

Oh yes. Sorry. He only used two lightsabers in the fight with Shimra but at least he can handle two lightsabers at once. Well...if he only used one during the entire fight against the YV that makes the statement that it looked like he did wield 20 lightsabers at once even more impressive since he was only wielding one and not two.

For the Sith part:
We know that Luke did know Sith powers since he trained under C'Baoth (who was a dark sider) and under Sidious himself (Dark Empire). And well "instakill abilities" (TUF) and "force choke" (ROTJ) also don't seem to be Jedi abilities.

Lord Darkstar
yeah I'm sorry, completely forgot about where he learnt the sith stuff *beats head against wall*

atlant80
in TUF it didnt say if it was sith power rather... scr3w it its NJO lukes sith lightning x20 right

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Nai Fohl
Oh yes. Sorry. He only used two lightsabers in the fight with Shimra but at least he can handle two lightsabers at once. Well...if he only used one during the entire fight against the YV that makes the statement that it looked like he did wield 20 lightsabers at once even more impressive since he was only wielding one and not two.

For the Sith part:
We know that Luke did know Sith powers since he trained under C'Baoth (who was a dark sider) and under Sidious himself (Dark Empire). And well "instakill abilities" (TUF) and "force choke" (ROTJ) also don't seem to be Jedi abilities.

Is this "He looks like he had twenty sabers at once" a statement just stroking his ability's fire or is it perhaps taken a bit out of context. I could say that Yoda looked like he was doing the same, even though it's really not true. I want clarification on this one.

Stncold
Originally posted by Deus Ex
Is this "He looks like he had twenty sabers at once" a statement just stroking his ability's fire or is it perhaps taken a bit out of context. I could say that Yoda looked like he was doing the same, even though it's really not true. I want clarification on this one.

I can't find my copy of TUF atm but yes the exact words did go something like that.

Luke was moving and killing the slayers with such speed that even to trained Jedi like Jacen and Jaina it simply looked like twenty sabers moving from slayer to slayer in rapid sucession, they couldn't even see Luke.

Deus Ex
Still sounds like hyperbole to me. Meh.

Darth_Glentract
When did rand get restricted?

Deus Ex
His old Sn was considered a sock and banned.

Darth_Glentract
I remember that now.

Lord Darkstar
Didn't that happen a while ago?

But on topic, what does everyone think about this? Do we still have to argue that Luke would loose or did we convert everyone?

Deus Ex
I personally think Luke would lose.

Darth_Glentract
I had forgotten and yes, it was long ago.

I'm not sure if Exar could definitely take Luke, but I'm to tired right now to give reasons.

Illustrious
My opinion is that Luke will lose, but again, we have more information on Luke than Exar, so Exar suffers from the Ragnos handicap.

Lord Darkstar
Well I actually think I made up a decent post for Ragnos, using logic, to prove why he is so powerful and feared. And if you want info on Kun, go back a couple of pages, I posted loads of info on him. If you want I can post it again, but it should have enough info to make a decision.

Illustrious
No, I know he has info, just like Ragnos. And of course, you have enough to do a long explication on Kun, but Luke has several series running for him, he's got a far greater collection of data to go off of, and the vast majority of NJO is character fixation/ass-kissing towards Luke, so naturally those people comparing feats will find Luke more powerful.

Deus Ex
Definately. Character fixation really swings votes because it's in-yer-face and extremely ... fixated.

Darth_Glentract
I know, I know. It's an old thread, but this is better than making a new one.

So whats the general consensus on who would win?

Deus Ex
I still think Kun could wipe his ass with Luke.

Darth Avis
Beat Luke with one hand remaining.

Lord Mader
Luke wins obviously

Fishy
Originally posted by Lord Mader
Luke wins obviously

Obviously without giving any reasons as to why, he just wins...

Illustrious
Originally posted by Lord Mader
Luke wins obviously

Luke winds because Lord Mader is a bigger fanboy of Luke than Kun.

I mean... obviously Fishy.

1.Ben Skywalker
Luke would win out superior saber and force skill.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.