Will Battlefront 2 rock or not?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North

darth-yoda
yes it will very very much jedi sith wow battlefront one was great two will be one of the best games ever

Darth Nhilus
It will rock, it will not fail. It shall rule the stores and be overpriced although it would be worth it. Wahahaha. I think that you get to play as jedi and sith. Plus ship to ship combat and a whole bunch of new worlds and bsttles as well as soldiers, and vehicles.

darth-yoda
yeah jedi and sith are PCs the idea is so cool

Darth JLRTENJAC
rock!

Darth_Rankkor
I say more DEATH METAL than rock LOLOL

It would be better than the first.

Darth Faunus
Not to mention you play as Vader's 501st Legion. The troopers that storm the Jedi Temple, who board the Tantive IV, who do practically everything with him. His personal elites. In a single-player spanning from AOTC to ROTJ. . . PWN3GE!!! And you get to play as 3 different Anakins. AOTC, ROTS Anakin/Vader, OT Vader.

Darth Chronos
If the lag is gone, and the maps wider to fly in, im happy.

Darth_Rankkor
It seems this time you'll have space battle options which is great. My fav level was the bespin cloud city where you get to fly wink

§pearhead
The greatest part of BF was being able to play as a random, average, anonymous soldier.

By throwing in the whole Jedi/Sith think, it'll just be like playing one of the Jedi Knight games with an army at your back. Not saying that's a bad idea...I'm just saying that's not BF.

That said, the ship-to-ship combat will kick ass.

Darth Nauj
it will rock but I hope the graphics improve a little more

Sorgo
Does anyone have a wbesite regarding more information on the Jedi you get to control?

Will-one Kenobi
Hell Yeah!

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by Sorgo
Does anyone have a wbesite regarding more information on the Jedi you get to control?

According to gamespot.com, and a couple of trailers:

Obi-Wan Kenobi
General Grievous
Darth Maul (I know, WTF)
Mace Windu
Count Dooku
Darth Vader
Anakin Skywalker
Luke Skywalker
Yoda

Revan Souer
Will rock as you can plat as Darth or Boba how cool is that

Darth Faunus
Not Boba, I don't think. . .

Sorgo
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
According to gamespot.com, and a couple of trailers:

Obi-Wan Kenobi
General Grievous
Darth Maul (I know, WTF)
Mace Windu
Count Dooku
Darth Vader
Anakin Skywalker
Luke Skywalker
Yoda

Dooku and Kenobi? Sweeeeeeeeeet.

You seen Mace on the trailer? SWEEET!

darth-yoda
yeah the trailer i seen ha dmace sid eflipping it was kinda cool and the maul combat will kick ass but im not sure how the saber combat will work

Fox4
They also include heros:

Boba Fett
Jango Fett
Han Solo
Princess Leia

Insane Monk
Does anyone know if you can fly the capital ships?

Fox4
Originally posted by Insane Monk
Does anyone know if you can fly the capital ships?
No, programed flight path for them sad

§pearhead
Originally posted by Fox4
No, programed flight path for them sad

damn...I just naturally assumed you'd be controlling them blink

that sucks -_-

does anyone know the specifics of the capship battles? I mean...can you send shuttles from Ship A to board Ship B?

Darth Somebody
You will also be able to play and control Emperor Palpatine on a Death Star level. According to various game sites, he will be able to wield a lightsaber - though it also said...

"Palpatine will be wielding his lightsaber, but sources have confirmed that his offense will rely heavily on Force lightning."

Darth Faunus
yes Gonna be sick playing as the Titans of the movie era. . .

Captain REX
I haven't played the first Battlefront yet, but I hear it got some good reviews.

It's an FPS, right?

supernovadragon
It will rock your socks off

darth-yoda
it can be a fps but i like playing the other way were you see your man buy it hold it love it

Sorgo
I hope we get to see Yoda, Dooku and Sidious wielding sabers in BF2.

kamikz
Does anyone know what kind of skills and force powers jedi and sith are able to use? Also, is their some kind of difference between let's say Mace and Obi-Wan?

Darth_Janus
The first one's already twenty bucks, and I'm debating on buying it. When does two come out? And if it does, some of you better get it. I'd rather game with people I know than online h4x00rs.

darth-yoda
well im buying it on release and i hope the way the jedi play isnt like the JA games

Darth Faunus
A'ight pople. Brace yourselves. . .

Sorgo, here is a list of Jedi you will see wielding lightsabers:

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Mace Windu
Count Dooku smile
Darth Vader OT
Darth Vader PT
Anakin Skywalker
Luke Skywalker
General Grievous
Yoda
Darth Sidious
Darth Maul (I know, WTF)

They each have the same basic abilities, such as a Force-powered leaping sprint, a high jump, etc. But instead of a secondary weapon, they have unique Force powers. Obi-Wan has Force-pull, Darth Vader, Force Choke, Sidious uses a lightning attack. . . the list goes on.

Secondly, they all possess combo attacks. Not like X, X, O; just holding down the 'fire' button initiates them.

The way they work is simple. Using new objective-based gameplay (destroy this, capture this, fight this), you can unlock for a one time use that level, a Jedi or Sith. There is a lightsaber at the bottom of the screen representing this special character's vitality. This depletes if your character is stationary and useless to your team under your conrol or if you accumulate enough damage. It can be replenished by killing enemies, capturing bases, etc.

Whew. Just go to Gamespot.com, and type in 'Battlefront 2' in the little Search bar on the left side.

Lord-Nihilus
never played Battle front, but i hope this one is going to be a major "corker", that would be funny if its in the game, the thrill of taking down the death star with your friends, and making the entire space flight harder to control, rogue leader had some good points, but the death star was to easy, you cruised through that ship, just to get to the power cores.

CobbleR
What console are you guys buying it for? I'm gonna buy the PC version.

FistOfThe North
PC all the way..

Lord-Nihilus
PC

Insane Monk
"When does two come out?"

Nov.1st.
I'm getting it for the PS2.

§pearhead
Ill get ps2 because my PC's not good enough to handle the first BF all that well...I doubt it'll be able to run BF2 decently enough

kamikz
How do you actually become a jedi? Let's say I play a normal online battle with 16 players, how do I become a jedi during that fight? Is it just in single player?

Lord Janus
That's what I was wondering...

SnakeEyes
Me too...

Captain REX
I only wish the graphics were better. At some points it looks N64ish. Lucasarts needs to work on that. messed

SnakeEyes
True, but hopefully the reason for that is becuase the environments are so large, that better graphics would bog down the gameplay.

Captain REX
Then Lucasarts needs to be introduced to the Xbox 360 and the graphics card requirements of Battlefield 2 and Call of Duty 2. stick out tongue

Battlefront and Battlefront II can be played from the first-person view, right?

SnakeEyes
Yup, first and third.

Captain REX
Awesome. FPS rocks my socks. eek!

If Battlefront ran on the Call of Duty or Battlefield engines, I think I'd cry myself into a blissful killing spree... big grin

SnakeEyes
http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swba...ndexFlash.html#

there's the revamped official site ^

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/...ew_6129902.html

That's a preview type thing... it explains how you get to be Jedi and how they control it so that not everyone can be a Jedi...

kamikz
Hmm, I'm no member so I can't get access to those pages. Could you please tell me how everyone can be a jedi and how they control it.

Dan Skywalker
This looks like its going to be the best star wars game ever, i can hardly contain my excitment, WOO!

Nactous
It better be.

Hybris
If anyone is looking for a online clan on Battlefront 2 for ps2, pm me please. is already recruiting...

Admiral Akbar
I heard the demo is coming out in october... is that true?

muserke
Originally posted by Hybris
If anyone is looking for a online clan on Battlefront 2 for ps2, pm me please. is already recruiting...
That's right. If you're interested pm Hybes or me and we'll let you in even without us testing you. We need some members to begin with. So dig up Battlefront one and start practising.

Join now and get a free wookie. big grin

Hybris
http://www.arc-clan.be.tt

commander gree
Not Boba, I don't think. . . yes becouse i saw him at the screenshots at pc and ps2 Happy Dance but is it the same at x-box? go to my to topic on ep3 i wonder if you can be boba and jango att x-box in bf2 i saw them both at the screenshots at pc and ps2

Orestes
Huh. If you can play as Jango and/or Boba, or any of those types, I might actually pick this one up. wink

Hybris
I have just read my Plastation 2 magazine and you will first have to unlock a Jedi before you can play with him. Example : to play as Yoda on Kashyyyk , you'll have to be the first to kill 20 people (no teamkilling ,you **** :P) And even when you succeed in doing so, the use of Yoda is limited : you can only play with him for a certain time. But you can extend your Jedi time by blowing up an AAT or something like that.... I guess the same goes for Bountyhunters like Boba and Jango.

Long live OPM2 ! lol

Admiral Akbar
Thas cool. It would be lame if it was unlimited. AWESOME!

Orestes
Heckyeah ... I can live with that. Maybe I can get a Jango/Mace rematch in there somewhere. wink

Deus Ex
This looks interesting. I'm debating. I need something warlike in my life.

Battlefield 1942 is too damn ridiculous with the bullets to the face and the not hurting.

But I agree, Rex... Call of Duty's engine pwns all.

Tru_Slice
Will you be able to do the Death Star run?

Or ramn ships with the suncrusher?

I'm all about the superweapons.

Julie
Battlefront will probably do fine, but I don't think I'll get it...not much of an online gamer

EHmasterJedi
Anyone have a downloadable link for the new trailer

SnakeEyes
http://www.starwars.com/gaming/videogames/news/bf2_trailer.html

Holy Jeebus! This game just got boosted a lot on my personal scale of how cool it will be!

Deus Ex
zOMG! Not bad!

Admiral Akbar
lol..

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Sir Nauj
it will rock but I hope the graphics improve a little more

Is your name Juan?

Sir Nauj
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Is your name Juan?
maybe, why do you wanna know?

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Sir Nauj
maybe, why do you wanna know?

No, i mean i don't care if it's your name or not....

Just wanted to know. You don't have to tell me.

My name is Juan and i use Nauj as my Sith name in a SW chat rm i regularly attend..

Darth Nauj Solrac. Or Sith Master Solrac

But other than that..didnt mean to bother.

smile

Darth Faunus
Dudes, you get Jango Fett. You slaughter little Jedilings. (I know, it's a joke. Fools.) You fight Anakin/Obi-Wan on Mustafar. If that's not uber, I don't know what is.

Deus Ex
I just hope it stands up to the online usual problems. Hit detection, lag, "omfg u c4mp3r" etc. But otherwise I'll get it.

Hybris
i hope so too, but i'm not gonna buy it for pc but for playstation 2, i just can't wait to get my hands on this game...

SnakeEyes
Why would you get it for PS2? I'm definitely getting it for my computer.

Here's some more news:

http://www.starwars.com/gaming/videogames/news/f20051013/index.html

commander gree
Not Boba, I don't think. . . you can be boba i have read that at a batllfront 2 new at the bf2 site

Tangible God

No...no it will not.

kamikz
Does anyone know if jedis/siths will be able to block laser blasts?

Darth Traya
Originally posted by kamikz
Does anyone know if jedis/siths will be able to block laser blasts?

Such a hard question to answer...

SnakeEyes
This game is looking better and better:

http://www.starwars.com/gaming/videogames/news/f20051021/index.html

Deus Ex
Pimp!

overlord
To answer to the topic: No. The game will not rock, it will jazz.

terd40
i cant wait for the screen shot thread to come up and we vote on the best one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.