War! Prequel Characters vS Classic Trilogy characters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
War! Prequel Characters vS Classic Trilogy characters

Fishy
PT of course, far more Jedi.

Edit: This has been done before btw

BlackVortex
Pre, because they're real Jedi. not some, "hey look, i graduated from highschool let's go enroll at the Academy."

pre know how to use the Force/saber well, have trained since babies for most of them. they have more experience and are more highly trained.

Jaster Mereel
Yeah- they 'aint fools.

Even Ki Adi would have a chance against luke.

BlackVortex
a 5th year student at the Temple would have a chance against luke...no...it would actually be pretty close.

Vapaad_Master
I think Lucas said that all the PT Era fighters are much better than the OT Era ones. He said that in the OT, all we ever saw fight was a half-trained boy, an old man, and a half-cyborg cripple, and the PT would show us the golden age of proper sabre fighting.

DarthMaul9123
Prequel dominate because theyve got two anakins a darth maul gg and a clone army and a gungan army and a robot army and also theyve got jango and boba and 3 obiwans and a dooku and a sids and a vader and uhhh yoda and mace and the rest of the jedi council

darth-yoda
i think he means obi in his prome and ani in his prime but yeah PT wins this

Council#13
Prequel characters because their darth vader aint hindered by some body armor and their yoda wasnt some coughing monster and obi wan was much younger. not to mention that they had armies of battle droids and clones (pretty much equal to stormtroopers I think) and the sith are a ton better.

birthoftheforce
prequel characters simple are way more better jedi.

Sorgo
The Prequel era mother's own the OT Fatherhouse! ARGH!

Captain REX
In war, PT would probably crush the Rebellion and the Empire with one swift blow, unless the OT is using their Death Stars. Gasp.

Troops, though...PT wins, lots more Sith and Jedi.

Darth_Glentract
The Clones are outnumbered by Storm Troopers. The GE fleet is way bigger than the PT fleet.

Captain REX
True.

Fishy
A war might be won by the Empire... However if Palpatine and Dooku decide to play assasination style then the PT might still win by taking out the leaders of the OT.

masterkit
even though there are more storm troopers the clones were still better

Fishy
Not by that much... Besides the real battle would be fought in space. Superior technology will take out most of the clones and there are a lot of Jedi that will do a lot of damage but not enough to control every ship and not enough to take out the Imperial fleet by using the force.

Deus Ex
Agreed. And besides, if the Clone Troopers are as inept as everyone likes to think, how the hell did the Empire maintain its iron grip on the galaxy? Well, superior firepower and a virtual monopoly on major spices, exports, and ship yards. But seriously, I don't buy into the idea that the stormtroopers are terrible compared to Clone Troopers. For one, the stormtroopers tend to miss the protagonists in instances where killing isn't neccessary (Such as on the Death Star, where none of the protagonists are shot but they are herded towards the Falcon, which is bugged. This leads the Imperials right to Yavin.)

To see a few stormtroopers miss shots and then assume that millions of other stormtroopers must suck is a bit silly.

Fishy
Actually now that you mention it, when have the Stormtroopers ever tried to kill the hero's, except for in ROTJ when there was a full scale battle going on?

In ANH they wouldn't want to kill them because the Falcon was bugged adn they needed them there...

In ESB they couldn't kill Luke because he had to be captured by Vader, the stormtroopers perhaps didn't knon where Luke was, and the hero's there were almost constantly hiding the real shoot outs were damn short. Besides there could always be same bad shooters...

And if they really suck as much as they do they could have never taken Hoth. Or the ship in ANH where they easily took care of the rebel resistance.

Deus Ex
Exactly. The idea that stormtroopers suck is just a conception that has grown into some sort of pseudo-reality. If they totally sucked, why would the entire galaxy fear their presence?

Fishy
Because they suck even more? Which is probably true...

Although not in this way... Rebel troopers probably just aren't skilled as stormtroopers.

Deus Ex
Well, they're part time troopers. I mean, look at Leia; she's a senator's daughter. The rebel leaders are predominantly hotheaded Corellians and nonmilitary politicians like Mon Mothma. Not exactly a hardened fighting force.

Fishy
Thats why they always run.... I wonder why they didn't at Yavin. I don't remember exactly it was something about being unable or unwilling if it was the last then the Rebels were real fools. Actaully they were, I still don't understand how they could have won the war. Palpatine trusted in the Empire a bit to much... Underestimating your enemy is never a good decision. But it wasn't like the Rebels had the greatest generals either, or the greater ships or weapons. By all accounts they should have lost.. Palpatine really overestimated himself... The fool.

Deus Ex
Well, Yavin was a more permanent base than Hoth was; and the Rebels hadn't intended on the Death Star finding them that day, so there were no preparations. Hell, I'm surprised they had time to debrief and scramble fighters as it is.

overlord
Imagine Luke not joining the alliance. The whole death star attack would probably be a total failure and all the rebels would be shot by the death star. BAM! No rebellion anymore.

Deus Ex
No more rebellion? Not exactly. Rebels always exist where there is authority. But the organized, years in the making Rebellion as we know it would have been crippled.

Of course, if Luke hadn't joined the Rebels, why would he have led the Death Star there in the first place? He was helping Leia to aid the rebel's cause and Ben's.

overlord
Thank you my teacher.

Fishy
Was it? I mean they had been hiding and running for a long time, they knew how to do it. This is clear by the fact that Dantooine used to be a rebel base but the rebels abonded it without the Empire even knowing about it. Why would the rebels do that? Unless of course they were running and hiding for longer. Of course Yavin does look more perminant then Hoth, but I don't know if thats true or not, it could hav just been an old fortress or something.

Anyways the Rebellion even making a permanent base is stupid when they have no way of defending themselves against a full scale attack.

Deus Ex
Well, they were probably preparing for the confrontation in which they would have to defeat the Death Star. They already knew about it, and if they thought they might get their hands on the blueprints, they would be able to at least make a stand. Yavin is pretty much way out there, not on any major trade routes or anything. And the gas giant has four moons. In a galaxy with millions of star systems, it's as good a place as any to hide.

But by all accounts, they couldn't abandon the base at Yavin in time. If they could have, there would have been an evacuation starting the moment they arrived with the DS plans.

Fishy
Yeah I guess so, but still its stupid. Yavin was a good place to hide no doubt about that. But still it wasn't the right choice if you ask me. They should have been able to leave. And maybe they weren't near any trade routes but that just meant fleets had to travel through Imperial space more before they could attack anything.

Besides if you run as much as the rebels do you should always have an evacution plan ready and one that can be executed in seconds. The rebel alliance made a great mistake with that base. Not because of my personal distaste for what they did, but because of the lack of evacuation plans and the possibility to execute them. Besides the Death Star attacked them in a place where they had no advantages, they should have looked for the confrontation with the Death Star instead of letting themselves be attacked.

Imagine if Palpatine would have been smart and would have send a fleet along. The Rebel Alliance would have been dead, destroyed gone. All in all I think the Rebel Alliance owned more to luck then to anything else. The Empire underestimated them a lot and this time it was just by to much. A foolish mistake to make.

Deus Ex
Yes, but no evacuation plan could take seconds. Even a few hours would be pushing it. The personnel on that base had to be considerable, and to simply up and leave all that technology behind would be ridiculous. Plus, when the rebels tried to escape at Hoth, most were captured or killed.

Fishy
I know, but look at what they were, it wasn't an open war... It was more like a Guerrilla warfare then anything else. You have to be ready to run and move at a seconds notice. They should have just been able to do that. Of course I can understand limitations but that just meant that the Rebels made a mistake by going there, or by putting so much people on that base and so much trust on it.

No matter which, one good attack from the Death Star with even a small imperial fleet would have ruined the rebel alliance. Fact is they weren't ready for open warfare with the Empire and yet still for some reason they had a base that could only be used to do that. At least from all that we can judge.

Deus Ex
Of course. The rebels didn't have very many military leaders in their ranks. All the good generals were on the emperor's payroll.

overlord
The Rebellion should have had their own network, intergalactic internet.
They have hyperspace anyway, so why not all hide somewhere else!
Plain terrorism! Killer cool!!

Fishy
Originally posted by Deus Ex
Of course. The rebels didn't have very many military leaders in their ranks. All the good generals were on the emperor's payroll.

And still the Empire somehow managed to lose, makes you wonder how stupid a general Palpatine really was... After all in the ends its the supreme commander that makes one win a war or not.

Deus Ex
I think the tie-in with Palpatine's arrogance is a direct nod at Hitler's arrogance. Hitler literally lost his country the war.

Fishy
Probably... Hitler could have won World War II but he was a fool and didn't listen to the greatest military minds in his time instead he trusted himself and he lost because of that. But he's not the only one that did it. It could be a nod at Rome too. Afterall Rome was the greatest and the most powerful and lost itself and its power because the Emperor was to lazy to listen to his generals and refused to believe that he could be defeated. That the glory of Rome could be defeated.

It comes around a lot in history.

Deus Ex
Pride is the devil's favorite sin, of course. Tarkin in ANH showed similar pride that got him killed.

Fishy
Tarkin was a fool like Palpatine, overestimating himself and the Death Star and at the same time underestimating the Rebel Alliance. Vader did the same thing in ANH. It seems like these Imperials really have some trouble with recognizing danger... They are leaving themselves open with no good reason... The fools.

Deus Ex
Well, when you've ruled the galaxy mostly unopposed for twenty years, you get lazy. Also, pride is a reoccuring theme in the series; Anakin's pride gets the better of him, as does Sidious', Tarkins', and many others. Those who don't have an excess of pride (Obi-Wan, Yoda) are the exceptions, not the norm.

jollyjim311
a better question would be origional jedi order (rots era) vs. njo, someone should make it(if it hasn't been done already)

overlord
How could Palpatine have expected himself getting thrown into some shaft? If he hadn't died back then (long long time ago) he would have lead his army to victory. har har!

Fishy
Well, when you've ruled the galaxy mostly unopposed for twenty years, you get lazy. Also, pride is a reoccuring theme in the series; Anakin's pride gets the better of him, as does Sidious', Tarkins', and many others. Those who don't have an excess of pride (Obi-Wan, Yoda) are the exceptions, not the norm.

I know, but still a good general would know never to underestimate your oponent, never to assume that they are going to fail, never to assume that they are weak. Never. Palpatine and his greatest generals are all fools for allowing something to easy to destroy to destroy them. Of course its logical that they did, but still a dead shame. And you would think they learned there lesson after ANH.

Fishy
Originally posted by overlord
How could Palpatine have expected himself getting thrown into some shaft? If he hadn't died back then (long long time ago) he would have lead his army to victory. har har!

Does it matter? He shouldn't have had that shaft there in the first place stupid designers...

Anyways does it really matter? If he wouldn't have been thrown in there he would have died by the explosion of the Death Star. Palpatine lost because he's an idiot and he underestimates the rebellion time after time again.

overlord
Originally posted by Fishy
Does it matter? He shouldn't have had that shaft there in the first place stupid designers...

Anyways does it really matter? If he wouldn't have been thrown in there he would have died by the explosion of the Death Star. Palpatine lost because he's an idiot and he underestimates the rebellion time after time again.

I don't think the death star 2 would have been destroyed if Palpatine was still alive. (I read some weird story in heir to the empire)

Fishy
Explain please... How could the Empire in his throne room when attacking Luke could have affected Lando his ability to aim?

overlord
So when the torture of Luke was still going on, the rebellion already entered the death star?

Fishy
I think so yes, didn't the alarm start ringing right after Palps was thrown into the shaft.. I don't remember clearly. But even if he wasn't, Palpatine was to busy talking to Luke and watching the fight to do anything about the battle outside... What could he have possibly been doing that would have influenced the battle in such a way that the Rebellion would lose?

overlord
Yeah, well if you don't know it for sure don't post it.. Because I don't know either.
Palpatine was influencing the battle with his mind through the force or something, and I don't think he was that stupid that he would have let himself get so vulnerable.

Fishy
I know for sure, there is nothing that Palpatine could have done that would have influenced the battle to make the rebel alliance lose, unless he had a button that would close the huge hole that gave access to the insides of the Death Star. In which case I would wonder why he did not simply press it before. So in all Palpatine would have changed nothing to the battle even if would have been alive till the end.

TFVercetti
Do you really want to drink strongbow. So your gonna get strong like Tom. Do you really want to drink budwiser. So your gonna get wise like V.

Fishy
You again? I thought you were banned for good.

overlord
Originally posted by TFVercetti
Do you really want to drink strongbow. So your gonna get strong like Tom. Do you really want to drink budwiser. So your gonna get wise like V.

Do you have a junior member?

Deus Ex
I thought so too.

TFVercetti
you thought wrong fool.

overlord
you thought wrong fool.

jawdrop WTH?? Are you retarded??? Why do you keep returning????

Fishy
Originally posted by overlord
Yeah, well if you don't know it for sure don't post it.. Because I don't know either.
Palpatine was influencing the battle with his mind through the force or something, and I don't think he was that stupid that he would have let himself get so vulnerable.

Just noticed your edit...

Well if he was that would have been battle meditation...

Now on battle meditation, its not an easy thing to do. According to Kotor it requires great focus and time. Now Palpatine was talking to Luke and he was looking at a battle between Vader and Son. He could not have focused on the war outside of his window. Just look at Bastila in the SF. She looks like she's meditating she is very busy with it. And this is from a natural talent who can do it better then anybody else in that time possibly ever.

So how could somebody like Palpatine do it while watching a battle while torturing Luke or while trying to convert him?

Not to mention that Battle Meditation would be a great power and if he wasn't around at the battle of Yavin with his battle meditation then he was even a bigger idiot then I thought. So obviously his battle meditation wasn't that great if he even had it.

I mean he didn't use it at the battle that could have ended the Rebellion because he wasn't even there.

And then in ROTJ he again didn't use it because he was busy with Luke. So if he even had it, which I doubt then it would not have been great and he clearly did not use it during the two most important battles and not during the most critical moment of the battle. Also explain how the rebel alliance keeps on standing and fighting when somebody is using Battle Meditation on them in a fight that they are destined to lose... Really, there is absolutely no evidence for Sidious having it, or it being powerful.

Deus Ex
you thought wrong fool.

Reported again.

Do you come here looking to get banned every time, Vercetti?

overlord
Just noticed your edit...
And then in ROTJ he again didn't use it because he was busy with Luke. So if he even had it, which I doubt then it would not have been great and he clearly did not use it during the two most important battles and not during the most critical moment of the battle. Also explain how the rebel alliance keeps on standing and fighting when somebody is using Battle Meditation on them in a fight that they are destined to lose... Really, there is absolutely no evidence for Sidious having it, or it being powerful.

Yeah, I know, Joruus C' Boath was in a deep state of trance while doing so..
I think Palpatine underestimated Luke too much and never expected Vader to turn on him.
If his plans succeeded he probably could have countered the rebellions attack or else he wouldn't have put himself in such a vulnerable position, he did know the rebellion was going to attack. Of course this is all pure speculation, perhaps he really did underestimate them but I think differently.

Fishy
He did underestimate them... He should have prepared better. He should have let his fleet take care of them. He should have given false info or at least have prepared for the possible failure of his shield.. He underestimated his enemy and because of that he failed.

overlord
Reported again.

Do you come here looking to get banned every time, Vercetti?

He craves the last word so bad, he constantly joins a community which hates him just to say something stupid back, he will get a guiness record in being banned.

overlord
He did underestimate them... He should have prepared better. He should have let his fleet take care of them. He should have given false info or at least have prepared for the possible failure of his shield.. He underestimated his enemy and because of that he failed.

Yeah, but I still wonder what exactly went wrong in plan, AH! I already know! The ewoks killing all the troopers! oops.
It wasn't Luke or the rebellion all along, it was the ewoks! sad

After all, he did lead Lukes friends into a trap on that planet.
They were not supposed to survive.

Deus Ex
Palpatine said it himself.

"Oh, I'm quite afraid the shield generator will be operational. We're quite same from your friends here."

ROTJ.

He had confidence in his superweapon and his groundward team. The idea that the rebels could break the the formation, take down the shield and make the death-defying strike at the DS's core is one in a million. Honestly, under most circumstances, it couldn't be recreated.

Fishy
No probably not, fact remains he didn't have a back up plan. He put all his cards into that one thing. Its a mistake to make, he created one line of defense when that one line falls nothing remains and you are screwed. Palpatine didn't tink of that, its a foolish mistake to make.. and shows that he underestimates his enemy's and thinks to highly of himself and his troops.

overlord
Okay okay!! Sorry Fishy!! (SuperFishy: I'm glad you recognize my genius)

Fishy
I like you.

Deus Ex
Super Fishy? Nice.

masterkit
I never said the Stormtrps were bad, but by underestimating his enemy his plan fell apart

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.